Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? (17860 Views)

How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? / I Am Searching For A Job Or Source Of Income / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
Jagznation:
undecided I never still see beta answer O grin everyone still scoring zero over hundred except this guy above me

I appreciate everyone's comment. It's not everyone who is wired to give step by step direction of how to start a thing.

Keep looking you will find more.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2022
Shakur86:
What a scary question, I pray we never find ourselves in such condition, I recently did something that could make my employer dismiss me, if not for the Grace of God and my parent and my siblings intervention,i would have been long gone.May our source of token never run dry and may we not be the cause of our own predicament.

Amen. What you experienced could be a reality check. Start looking for other means incase such happens again
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
anelka101:
In fact its just as if the you are presently reading my mind, this question has been a vey scary one and i always think of it everyday. i have lost my job time without number and i saw hell during this period, now that God has saved me by securing another one am always scared of not losing it. i worked Monday to Saturday, 8am to 7pm, i have child in university and others are in secondary school. all these has created a serious fear for me, as am typing am seriously sick and yet am in office because i dont want to lose my job, this job is so tedious yet i manage to do it as i cant afford to suffer my family again. am seriously searching for another job with rest of mind

Is your wife into business? That kinda fear could heighten your blood pressure. I pray you get something that gives you peace of mind if there is something like that.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
superCleanworks:

Fear and lack of will power will continually chain lots of men and women.
I have quit my job before. Sank a little bit and learnt to float again.

Sometimes losing your job can be the best thing to happen to you. It will open your eyes to possibilities if you don't let tears and fears to blind you.

Keep moving. Keep moving. Never stop.

is your advice for married folks or single folks?

I love your advice cos it's happened to some , and they are doing absolutely well, but mostly single guys
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2022
chatinent:
That's why I created a job myself and kept working...sth to bounce back on.

In other words, it can't go bad , or you have series of jobs you do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
Maryo12:
My current state, still confused at the moment. Contract job not good.��☹️

why the confusion? What and what have you tried doing?
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
cayorday89:

This is only valid when you don't have dependants, trust me I don suffer for my life and it does not faze me when I lost my job for a year without one, even my parents started seeing me as unambitious, but the truth was it was beyond my control, my savings was my saving grace and I could not get to do business, now imagine if I have a wife and children, it won't have been same feeling.

That strong will is only meant for single people without children who knows nothing about how money is made and if dad is employed or not...

True thats why I am not getting married in Nigeria. My boss is a brilliant software engineer and had to live on benefits for two months in his country. Poverty in singlehood and poverty in marriage are not the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
Nuttella:
If I lose my current job, it won't hurt me much but if I lose my online side job, it will hurt me much.

What's your online side hustle if you don't mind?
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Very good.

Very good to convert part of the active income to Investment that will generate passive income. If we don't make money while sleeping, we will work till we die.

Job loss can be through retrenchment, sickness, accident, permanent disability etc. So how can one survive if these unexpected situations should happen

We are told to pray for the best, prepare for the worst and plan for the unexpected

This is a very valid point, and a fearful one as well. Disability alone, can make someone who thinks he's accomplished all in life live their later life in penury.

If you anyone does online jobs, are you covered when that happens?
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2022
jericco1:
I have thought about it too
But the type of job I do is dynamic before one door closes like two or three more don open.
US no be Nigeria

What kinda job is that? Medical field?
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2022
Cutehector:
Never ever believe any woman that will tell you she will stay with you in trying times.

Lies!

Why? Have you had any experience before?

Infact I know a woman who made the spouse grow from nothin till the husband told her to stop working cos of the money he commands. Where the man can enter, the woman no fit enter the place.

It's a story for another day
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Carbonated: 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
Galacious1:
very well. Making more than double of my banking salary.

I'm glad to hear this and i'm happy for you. As for me, i'm still fazed with unemployment and financial issues. But I have faith God will do great things for me soon. Amen.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2022
Handsnigga:
I do think about it but I started freelancing last month and what I earn from freelancing is now more than my salary...

And even if lose this job, I will definitely get another one, infact I have been disturbed today to come for an interview but I didn't take it serious because I am currently working somewhere

So, i am not scared but just that, I will have to start attending interviews again which is stress, and my freelancing career is blooming as well.

What do you do or which field are you into?
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
flakey94:
This is indeed food for thought! I lost my job rather unceremoniously in 2016 and we had a 200k per month mortgage hanging on our necks, school fees etc I already had a small business which was more or less a hobby but was generating some minute income so I took my severance pay and I started a second business in 2016, it took a while to kick off but today it is doing very well.
I am a Christian and I know it was God all the way.
I consult for retail companies from time to time and now our mortgage is completely paid off.
I have since become an advocate for everyone to get a plan B as you cannot predict what the future holds.

Did you pay off the mortgage from your business?
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
achimendy:

Hmmm, during that lockdown period i saw hell, it was not easy for me at all. I lost my two jobs during that period, five months later i lost my dad. Is as if my brain wanted to explode, thoughts was running through my mind, it wasn't easy for me. Is not easy to be a man o, but i still thank God for everything.

I know it's not easy to be a man, but I hate saying it to myself.

It's enough pain already knowing it, but to remind myself of it is a no no.

Man is just born to suffer no matter the enjoyment you feel you are having. One sickness could just come in and wipe whatever wealth one thinks he has amassed.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Aaay: 8:21pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hmmm
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
cayorday89:

This is only valid when you don't have dependants, trust me I don suffer for my life and it does not faze me when I lost my job for a year without one, even my parents started seeing me as unambitious, but the truth was it was beyond my control, my savings was my saving grace and I could not get to do business, now imagine if I have a wife and children, it won't have been same feeling.

That strong will is only meant for single people without children who knows nothing about how money is made and if dad is employed or not...

But this stuff too has happened to married folks. Truth is life chooses to hit one at the point where you will have to think that you are a mess to both yourself and the society.

The story of Job in the bible is just for people to learn how to cope in such situations.

It's not easy, but it will pass eventually if one keeps hoping and pushing with all humility.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by geosuzzy(f): 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Lindajames1010:
4 dumper 2 payloader location Abuja 110m for the 6 items....

Working perfectly
Location Abuja
Price 13m
how can we see ? In abuja....interested
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by feyisy86(m): 8:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
Your taste is different now than when you where a mechanic
tensazangetsu20:

I am a programmer it won't take me 2 years to find another job, maximum of 6 months and if things are so bad a year. It doesn't take anyone two years to find a job in tech. If it was oil and gas or banking ehen you can say 5 to 10 years to see another job and even if it does I was a mechanic on 25k salary before being a programmer so I know poverty and suffering and it doesn't faze me.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
feyisy86:
Your taste is different now than when you where a mechanic

Lol aside fancy restaurants which I developed a taste for, nothing really. I still live in a face me I face you ghetto house despite having the money to live in a high class area.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Ofolete: 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
As a university staff in one of the most useless universities in Nigeria where both the past and present management of it are wicked and useless for not making life easy for the staff (futo), if I am sacked today I will thank God for his liberation.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Cutehector(m): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
harsysky:

Infact I know a woman who made the spouse grow from nothin till the husband told her to stop working cos of the money he commands. Where the man can enter, the woman no fit enter the place.

bros, that was then, certainly not today's ladies!
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Nvestor02: 8:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
Even though I don't have a healthy source of income but I can't afford to lose the little amount I get from content writing.

I would get stalk, baba landlord will chase me out and many there unpleasant will happen.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by EndRape2(f): 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
Turn to a woman nah

Funny enough no Nigeria man does the above

No Nigeria man will fuel your car for you, because you are working, no Nigeira man will stay without food or sex.they will take it by force .

quote author=LagosInter post=111439862]That's when the useless woman in your life will leave.

Nigerian women are orphans. And ween enable these things just to please them or snatch them.

I saw where they were praising their for not asking about their salaries.

One was even paying the wife's t fare to work daily.

The other bought cars, fuels it, services it etc.

The useless woman goes to work, denies husband sex because she is tired from work, doesn't have time to cook because of work, doesn't take proper care of kids because of work yet nobody knows what she does with her salary.

Spits.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Shakur86(m): 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2022
harsysky:

Amen. What you experienced could be a reality check. Start looking for other means incase such happens again
I pray fervently and hope such will neva happen to me again, i dont imagine myself leaving the job soon, i am well paid sincerely.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by NowisGod109(f): 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
EdgarBounce:
How do i Survive a Bank Robbery in Nigeria? In this video we exposed all the hints and tricks. watch now and thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsHm7VLyYpk

When trying time comes, 100 source of income stop working at the same time. Its another phase in life that one must pass through b4 going 2d next level
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by chatinent: 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
harsysky:

In other words, it can't go bad , or you have series of jobs you do?

Many jobs, chief.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by rapala(m): 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2022
i recall when i lost my job four years ago. to be candid i will not pray for my enemy to experience such ugly situation. though i got another job after 2 years but till date i am yet to recovered...

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harrend(m): 10:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
EKONGKING:
People should plan for any eventuality , always save money for a rainy day.
whether you are self employed or working in a job.
Majority of Nigerian people don't understand what life is about.
For them spending money like spendthrift and have children in excess of their financial standing.
For them good times will last for ever cheesy
U talk am finish.
When u tell them what if something unexpected happens they'll tell u God forbid
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 10:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
cool
rapala:
i recall when i lost my job four years ago. to be candid i will not pray for my enemy to experience such ugly situation. though i got another job after 2 years but till date i am yet to recovered...

Is your current job not better, or you sold a lot of your stuffs to survive? Even if the new job is better sef, economy don spoil and cost of items are on the high side.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Lindajames1010: 11:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
geosuzzy:
how can we see ? In abuja....interested

Pls email me let talk Lindaajaamess1010@gmail.com
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:48am On Mar 29, 2022
harsysky:

I always tell women that are close to me, that if they must do any business, project, venture with their husbands, it must be well documented, do it through a corporation or a registered Investment vehicle.

Most Nigerian men can't stand a successful woman, most will stab the woman who supported their hustles by the time they are successful

My brother in law, told my sister to resign from her lucrative job in one of the top universities. My sister actually helped the husband to get a job with the state government and paid the first house rent because the husband was staying in their family house when he married my sister.

Four years into the marriage he asked my sister to resign her appointment.

My sister asked for my advice, I told her to resign her appointment provided the husband will pay her total salary for the next 20 years into her bank account in the next 24 hours

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

should I retain or take this new job - pls advice / Free Workforce Ability/aptitude Test Past Questions With Explained Solutions / Kaduna Government Creates 130,021 Jobs In 365 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.