Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? (17848 Views)

How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? / I Am Searching For A Job Or Source Of Income / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by perdollar(m): 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
We move
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by doshiyad1: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2022
harsysky:

Did you experience retrenchment then? I had a friend who lost his job in 2015, and if it wasn't for the grace of God, he would have transitioned into the afterlife. He lost his job with months of no payment for works done, had a new born baby and also a quit notice.

He is now a big man, but it wasn't easy at all. Just common 1k naira, e fit salute me 5 times .

Hmmmm! it is never easy i tell you. May God continue to show us mercy.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Cutehector(m): 4:07pm On Mar 28, 2022
Never ever believe any woman that will tell you she will stay with you in trying times.

Lies!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by kenechukwuori(m): 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
Very good question!
I asked myself this question 2years and I'm better now and cant be sacked for life...I'm not talking of one man business o...I'm talking about building a system that will pay your children children for ever in 2-4years.

La Buena Vida got you covered...chat me up 08064320779

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by colestephan86: 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
harsysky:
I strongly believe this is one of the hardest questions some people would want to ask themselves, but to the fact remains that we ought to be realistic.

I have met couple of guys who had lost their jobs , and it was not funny at all. They tend to be somewhat miserable.

It is never something anyone would wish for their enemies. Even the ones who have managed to build their own houses are not equally spared as I recently met one and had this great pity on him .

Even to my enemies, I would not want to see them in such state as reality always dawns on people when they experience retrenchment. Most people could tell you one thousand and one ways they would have improved their lives if given a second chance, but the truth is it's like comparing theory with practical. Both can never be the same.

Everyone cannot be an entrepreneur hence I would advise we all go into it.

Now to my question, how would you practically avoid this miserable state especially if you are earning now, or how have you avoided it in the past?
Some funny threads on here ehn.
You are asking how people will cope if they loose their source of income.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by kenechukwuori(m): 4:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
Apply to jobs na. I have no dependants and six months savings so I am good
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by kenechukwuori(m): 4:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
Only 6 months savings of 1million each month chaii.

All you need is to plug into a system that will pay you for life in 2-4yrs
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by kenechukwuori(m): 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2022
I am a programmer it won't take me 2 years to find another job, maximum of 6 months and if things are so bad a year. It doesn't take anyone two years to find a job in tech. If it was oil and gas or banking ehen you can say 5 to 10 years to see another job and even if it does I was a mechanic on 25k salary before being a programmer so I know poverty and suffering and it doesn't faze me.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by kenechukwuori(m): 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
All you need is to plug into a system that will pay you for life!

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2022
I've lost literally everything financial for a while now, Crypto, forex, fraud, thiefs
Yet I still survive
Na strong man dey survive for 9ja
If u no strong beta japa!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Handsnigga: 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
I do think about it but I started freelancing last month and what I earn from freelancing is now more than my salary...

And even if lose this job, I will definitely get another one, infact I have been disturbed today to come for an interview but I didn't take it serious because I am currently working somewhere

So, i am not scared but just that, I will have to start attending interviews again which is stress, and my freelancing career is blooming as well.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by EmmaLege: 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
harsysky:

Did you experience retrenchment then? I had a friend who lost his job in 2015, and if it wasn't for the grace of God, he would have transitioned into the afterlife. He lost his job with months of no payment for works done, had a new born baby and also a quit notice.

He is now a big man, but it wasn't easy at all. Just common 1k naira, e fit salute me 5 times .

chai cry cry cry this life ehn cry
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Ubongdemaga: 5:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
harsysky:
I strongly believe this is one of the hardest questions some people would want to ask themselves, but to the fact remains that we ought to be realistic.

I have met couple of guys who had lost their jobs , and it was not funny at all. They tend to be somewhat miserable.

It is never something anyone would wish for their enemies. Even the ones who have managed to build their own houses are not equally spared as I recently met one and had this great pity on him .

Even to my enemies, I would not want to see them in such state as reality always dawns on people when they experience retrenchment. Most people could tell you one thousand and one ways they would have improved their lives if given a second chance, but the truth is it's like comparing theory with practical. Both can never be the same.

Now to my question, how would you practically avoid this miserable state especially if you are earning now, or how have you avoided it in the past?
this happened to me when I lost my job in 2013 with one of federal government agency. Life was never the same. I was in my year two in university when this happened n I had to drop out. But last year May I was reinstated. I would not wish my enemy this. Psychologically I was affected. People used me as a reference point in their discussion. It was bad that I have to avoid certain people n some public events.

3 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Gamesmart: 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2022
harmargedon:
I lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence commet my help?, My help commet from the maker of heaven and earth, the creator of all.

I bet you mostly fail in life, but yet you are not disappointed, then?

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Olam09(m): 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2022
harsysky:

I get plan B already.. No shaking.. na sacking i dey pray for self.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by flakey94: 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2022
This is indeed food for thought! I lost my job rather unceremoniously in 2016 and we had a 200k per month mortgage hanging on our necks, school fees etc I already had a small business which was more or less a hobby but was generating some minute income so I took my severance pay and I started a second business in 2016, it took a while to kick off but today it is doing very well.
I am a Christian and I know it was God all the way.
I consult for retail companies from time to time and now our mortgage is completely paid off.
I have since become an advocate for everyone to get a plan B as you cannot predict what the future holds.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
Relocate,maybe another bigger opportunity is waiting for you.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by kyriannelson(m): 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
I got out of job last year October, the organization went bankrupt..... I have been paying my bills with crypto since then... Try to add affiliate marketing and insurance marketing job

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Gamesmart: 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
LagosInter:
That's when the useless woman in your life will leave.

Nigerian women are orphans. And ween enable these things just to please them or snatch them.

I saw where they were praising their for not asking about their salaries.

One was even paying the wife's t fare to work daily.

The other bought cars, fuels it, services it etc.

The useless woman goes to work, denies husband sex because she is tired from work, doesn't have time to cook because of work, doesn't take proper care of kids because of work yet nobody knows what she does with her salary.

Spits.

It is what they call "happily" married and "blissful" marriage. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Carbonated: 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
Galacious1:

Losing my source of income (banking) during COVID was crazy. I contemplated suicide. Life was freaking tough. My savings could only help for about 3 months. Took me about 2 years to overcome the depression. I will NEVER wish anyone to go through what I went through.

Hello, How are you coping now?
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Obastick: 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
No one would eat sand after loosing a job. Fear not! Be resilient shld this occur cos u are gonna definitely bounce.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by HRprof: 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2022
This question is for those who relies on one source of income. Get plan B,C and C . If you loose job A fall back to B etc
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Gamesmart: 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2022
omofela85:
I lost my job as a porter in 2013, then I was doing part time at Lagos poly. Up till date I'm yet to secure a job. Sincerely it's not been easy. Some people will just conclude that witch dey your family and village people dey do you

You English grammar is too good to be a mere porter.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by achimendy(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
harsysky:

Hmmm, during that lockdown period i saw hell, it was not easy for me at all. I lost my two jobs during that period, five months later i lost my dad. Is as if my brain wanted to explode, thoughts was running through my mind, it wasn't easy for me. Is not easy to be a man o, but i still thank God for everything.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Mydazz(m): 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
There will always be something to do to keep body and soul together for as long as one is in between jobs, but that's for those whose ego isn't too big!
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by baba4thegehs: 6:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
Create multiple streams of income.

I currently work 2 jobs and have a startup idea.

Always have a plan B and expedite the works
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harmargedon: 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2022
Gamesmart:

I bet you mostly fail in life, but yet you are not disappointed, then?
you just lost the bet, now I'm disappointed.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by hybridblood07(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
Omo! That challenges could have sent him to afterlife as you said but I am happy he's back on his feet. I am also facing similar situation
harsysky:

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Karlzy01(m): 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
Bluezy13:

I am interested.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Galacious1: 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
Carbonated:

Hello, How are you coping now?
very well. Making more than double of my banking salary.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 7:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
Oluwatobike:
I have been thinking about this recently, if I lost my job what next?

Well I will go and learn a skill while search for another job. Currently I want to learn tailoring by next month till December let me see how well it will go. I'll combine the both. My work is a field work so I'll have time. Once I visit those on the field, my work don end for the day. So I want to utilize my day, weeks and month learning a skills.

I want to , I want to, could take 10 years oo. Start as soon as possible and be intentional about it.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by cayorday89(m): 7:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I am a programmer it won't take me 2 years to find another job, maximum of 6 months and if things are so bad a year. It doesn't take anyone two years to find a job in tech. If it was oil and gas or banking ehen you can say 5 to 10 years to see another job and even if it does I was a mechanic on 25k salary before being a programmer so I know poverty and suffering and it doesn't faze me.

This is only valid when you don't have dependants, trust me I don suffer for my life and it does not faze me when I lost my job for a year without one, even my parents started seeing me as unambitious, but the truth was it was beyond my control, my savings was my saving grace and I could not get to do business, now imagine if I have a wife and children, it won't have been same feeling.

harsysky:

Kudos, man! I like your strong will.
That strong will is only meant for single people without children who knows nothing about how money is made and if dad is employed or not...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Find Companies That Are Hiring / Vacancy: Ibom Air Set To Employ 4000 Akwa Ibomites / should I retain or take this new job - pls advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.