Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! (23155 Views)

Miracle: Man Survives Fall From 4,000-foot Sheer Cliff In Sri Lanka. (photos) / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 / LEARN HOW TO MAKE #200.000 ON A STRIP FOR COCOA EXPORT BUZ WITH NO CAPITAL STAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by jaybee3(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2011
JJM:

Trust me, forget data protection, govt agencies SHARE information. take it from someone who knows this first hand. lipsrsealed

Yes we actually do
And it's very easy to find 'em NHS abusers.
I know this cos I have access to this data  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
jay bee:

Yes we actually do
And it's very easy to find 'em NHS abusers.
I know this cos I have access to this data  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

you have access to this date because you are in a position to have access to it. . . . .if you shop this information irresponsibly, you will go to jail! it's called "abusing a position of trust". you can read that up also as well.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by VolvoS60(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2011
@ Coogar,

I notice the gradual introduction of disclaimers and qualifiers in your arguement about why Mrs. A and her spouse do not share the same last name.  cheesy Well, I won't say much more on this - in good time the reason for the difference in names will be made clear. It may indeed BE as you have argued - she has her maiden name on her passport and this is why she and spouse do not share the last name.

And then again, it may NOT BE as you have argued. As JJM has so eloquently and persuasively pointed out, more sinister reasons CAN AND DO exist for a couple not sharing the same last name, particularly in the context of this matter we are discussing, spanning 14 odd pages  grin. But I will give Mrs. A the benefit of the doubt until new information is made available. I saw the difference in the names and it struck me as odd. Indeed there may be nothing to it . . .

One thing which stands out in this case is that we (or at least I) don't have full information except for what is in the public domain. If you are in the same position as I am, you would do well to refrain from sweeping assertions which you cannot prove beyond all reasonable doubt.

And one more thing . . . tone down the insults. You do your arguement no justice by liberally lacing your points with one invective after the other. I enjoy frank exchanges as much as the next person,  cheesy but there is a thin line between healthy, robust debate/argument and plain verbal abuse. Don't cross that line. I say this because your 'opponents'  grin on this thread have been quite civil (compared to some of the stuff on other threads).
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by jaybee3(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

you have access to this date because you are in a position to have access to it. . . . .if you shop this information irresponsibly, you will go to jail! it's called "abusing a position of trust". you can read that up also as well.
My point is such data are shared between departments.
Not necessarily low numbers but can do if and when the need arise.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by seyibrown(f): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

this is the loophole in the system. ukba says the patient should pay but this is what the nhs say. . . .

If you think that you will be charged for medical treatment, but can’t afford to pay, then you should still talk to a hospital administrator as they may be able to help you. The NHS is supposed to treat its patients in confidence, so even if you’re not living in the UK legally, your details should not be passed on.

by the time you combine data protection with the human right act, you will now see why ukba must insist on every visitor coming to the uk should have a verifiable health insurance scheme. the ukba should refer applicants to their own trusted insurance companies in nigeria to avoid any fraudulent or malpractices of forgers.

Link to the bolded, please! I am sure that just like the Russian woman's (whose medical costs were PAID for by fellow Russians)case you wrongly brought up, we will find that if the above exists, it is directed at LEGAL RESIDENTS, and NOT VISITING SCROUNGERS!

Never encountered anyone so full of shitE on NL!  grin  grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2011
VolvoS60:

@ Coogar,
I notice the gradual introduction of disclaimers and qualifiers in your arguement about why Mrs. A and her spouse do not share the same last name.  cheesy Well, I won't say much more on this - in good time the reason for the difference in names will be made clear. It may indeed BE as you have argued - she has her maiden name on her passport and this is why she and spouse do not share the last name.

since that possibility is legit, is it worth pursuing? don't you think ukba will be more happy to bring out incriminating acts against this woman and they would have conducted every check possible to convict this woman? give them some credits. . . .

And then again, it may NOT BE as you have argued. As JJM has so eloquently and persuasively pointed out, more sinister reasons CAN AND DO exist for a couple not sharing the same last name, particularly in the context of this matter we are discussing, spanning 14 odd pages  grin. But I will give Mrs. A the benefit of the doubt until new information is made available. I saw the difference in the names and it struck me as odd. Indeed there may be nothing to it . . .

i have ma reasons for saying there may be nothing to it and that is because the ukba is now much more involved. you guys keep assuming bimbo delivered those babies sometime last week. she's had them 2 months ago - if there's anything fraudulent, it would have been fished out by now. i am sure her documents she filed in from lagos would have been screened properly even before the story hit the media. how long does it really take ukba to fish out a criminal in these days of modern technology?

One thing which stands out in this case is that we (or at least I) don't have full information except for what is in the public domain. If you are in the same position as I am, you would do well to refrain from sweeping assertions which you cannot prove beyond all reasonable doubt.

which is where common sense(a virtue that is not common) prevails.

And one more thing . . . tone down the insults. You do your arguement no justice by liberally lacing your points with one invective after the other. I enjoy frank exchanges as much as the next person,  cheesy but there is a thin line between healthy, robust debate/argument and plain verbal abuse. Don't cross that line. I say this because your 'opponents'  grin on this thread have been quite civil (compared to some of the stuff on other threads).

well, maybe you should pay attention to the missives directed at me as well. to the other divide, i am the reason nigeria is backwards, i placed ibb, obasanjo, abacha and yaradua in the presidency. i was the major cause of the lagos flood amongst other evil vices. am i supposed to smile at that or tell these folks where to stick it?

seyibrown:

Link to the bolded, please! I am sure that just like the Russian woman's (whose medical costs were PAID for by fellow Russians)case you wrongly brought up, we will find that if the above exists, it is directed at LEGAL RESIDENTS, and NOT VISITING SCROUNGERS!

lord of mercy. . . . .the russian case i wrongly brought up? the same case you did not believe and you were asking me to provide? the similarity between bimbo's case and the russian parents is the fact that only the doctors can give the go ahead when the kids can fly and that was why i brought it to light. i know comprehension skills can be ambiguous to a herb like you but if you tape it shut, i wouldn't have known you are a simpleton. . . .better if i assume you are one than make it so obvious by writing bollocks on a public forum.

so even if you’re NOT living in the UK legally, your details should not be passed on.

and yet seyi brown thinks this was directed at legal residents. comprehension skills - zero.
how some of you graduated from a tertiary institution must be the 8th wonder of the world.

Never encountered anyone so full of shitE on NL!  grin  grin

never met anyone with an intelligence quotient so low it makes a slug look like john newton!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2011
I have said this proverb before, and I believe it's time I say it again even BOLDER;

When a well-dressed man with a hat to match is walking down the road, and a mad man comes from behind him and snatches the hat of the well-dressed man. It will be fool-hardy for the well-dressed man to run after the mad man to retrieve his hat, otherwise everyone watching will think they are both mad.

Let Coogar and his delusions be, any casual observer of this thread should be able to decipher who the proverbial mad man is.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 23, 2011
Who knows if Claremont is infertile,that may be the reason hes so bitter about the woman's situation,they all wanna let every know they are paying tax,not even ashamed to be working like machine for british govt instead of gong back home and rebuilding the Nigeria nation ,atleast you have your papers to come back anytime you like,i know of a senior midwife in this same uk,that her body is not accepting pregnancy upon all she tried,she has practically spent more than £200,000 just to be pregnant and have a single baby,yet all has proved abortive upon trial,am very sure,she too must have known that money is not everything in life,money can't get you pregnant,only if God wills it,so,all you crying up and down,tax payer this and tax payer that,would it have been better or sound nice to your hearings that the same tax payer money was used to test a new drug in a remote village in Nigeria by the uk govt which kills hundreds /thousands of people or infuse a chemical weapon secretly in your rivers in Nigeria,use it to send more soldiers to afganistan,or worst still use it to bury the kids if they are unfortunate to survive the cesearean section,would that be your joy? and what glory will it give to you the tax payers and the Uk govt as a whole,very foolish thinkers.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2011
claremont:

I have said this proverb before, and I believe it's time I say it again even BOLDER;

When a well-dressed man with a hat to match is walking down the road, and a mad man comes from behind him and snatches the hat of the well-dressed man. It will be fool-hardy for the well-dressed man to run after the mad man to retrieve his hat, otherwise everyone watching will think they are both mad.

Let Coogar and his delusions be, any casual observer of this thread should be able to decipher who the proverbial mad man is.

claremont, you are a tool! so you still came back to spew more megedefegede.
anyways, bimbo is still in the united kingdom, lives @ hampstead in a 4 bedroom detached house.
what have you got to say to that now?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by iDo3: 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
Good for her!
I wish more Nigerian and African women go to the UK to have children.
The mess they contributed to with colonization is costing us way more than 200,000 pounds.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2012
claremont:
So is it right for our taxes to be used to foot the NHS bill of persons who are not legally resident here? I think not! I am not against her coming to the UK to take advantage of modern healthcare facilities SO LONG AS SHE FOOTS THE BILL HERSELF! It is a NATIONAL Health service for UK residents alone, not an INTERNATIONAL Health service.

i think U are very stupid.U think U briton but U are never one of them and can never BE ONE OF THEM..MTSCHW
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 9:43am On Aug 24, 2012
BUMP! grin
I wonder what happened to this lady eventually. . .
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by VolvoS60(m): 1:46am On Sep 08, 2012
I think the lady in question left the UK without settling the bill. Saw some press reports last week about some UK government official railing against those who abuse the NHS and this lady's case came up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada / 7 Things To Check In Your Car Before A Long Drive - FRSC / Two Injured In Hit And Run Accident In Lekki (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.