Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! (23149 Views)

Miracle: Man Survives Fall From 4,000-foot Sheer Cliff In Sri Lanka. (photos) / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 / LEARN HOW TO MAKE #200.000 ON A STRIP FOR COCOA EXPORT BUZ WITH NO CAPITAL STAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
steve_101:

My man go and rest,stop sounding sad,pls rest,I don't know why u don't have a heart,50mill and so what?5 babies??when u get married you will understand,pray to God for forgivness,System my foot.

Wow! I never thought myself and Steve would be singing from the same hymn sheet.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2011
A lady who has enough money to buy a plane ticket for her and her husband surely should be able to afford a respectable hospital in Nigeria. Humanitarianism is applied to persons who are in dire need of it, not persons who wilfully defraud taxpayers and drag our Nigerian name in the dust!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by worry246(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2011
Send her home on the next plane.
Let the children be addopted by pop stars till she pays all her NHS bills.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

A lady who has enough money to buy a plane ticket for her and her husband surely should be able to afford a respectable hospital in Nigeria.

Sorry, I disagree. All the money in the world would not buy you peace of mind, when it comes to healthcare. A decent hospital is as good as the training and equipment the staff have, not by how much cash you're willing to throw at it. There's no monetary value that can be placed upon human life. Tell me what return ticket would cost £200,000? None I can think of, even if you were going to the moon.

claremont:

Humanitarianism is applied to persons who are in dire need of it

With her complicated quin's delivery, and as a woman who'd previously suffered a miscarriage, I'd say she was in dire need. The fact she was on fertility drugs reinforces my belief she'd had issues with conception in the past.

claremont:

persons who wilfully defraud taxpayers and drag our Nigerian name in the dust!

The media are dragging Nigeria's name in the mud. You think your British MP's haven't done worse, and continue to do so on a regular basis? Don't your crooked MP's defraud Britain? What's your take on them, huh?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2011
worry246:

Send her home on the next plane.
Let the children be addopted by pop stars till she pays all her NHS bills.

Sorry, it'll never happen, much as you'd like it to.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by titsqueez(m): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2011
i really dont give two fu'cks about human rights or whatever they call it, this is an outright thoughtout and well planned and executed abuse of the national health service. For 4uk sake man!!! this woman has to be the worst parasite living. Let the babies be given out for adoption if she does not want to take them back home. She needs to be sent home, but alas she will stay and take advantage of the benefits available, heck she is probably applying for council hse and child tax credit right now. With those kids she will get no less than £1500 child tax credit a month.  angry
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by beeke(m): 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

A lady who has enough money to buy a plane ticket for her and her husband surely should be able to afford a respectable hospital in Nigeria. Humanitarianism is applied to persons who are in dire need of it, not persons who wilfully defraud taxpayers and drag our Nigerian name in the dust!
You are indeed pathetic my friend you keep making noise about your tax this your tax that, if i may ask how much are you worth and how much do you pay as tax that gave you this moronic attitude of holier than thou posture.

And from your many crippled comment i saw an idol mind we pay more attention to what others think about you and your country, these are the same people who sees man marry man or woman marry woman as a fundamental human right, these are the same people who wages war against other people just to milk their resources

I don't pity you at all i only sympathize with some of your relatives who had you in mind for a brighter tomorrow

Agamefu adim ma igi gwa'aju  para nisi
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by proffmanue(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2011
Naija, we too much,
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by akonsboy: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2011
the amount of Ignorance on this forum is just phenomenal, of all things done to ur "taxpayer money" the one that angers you people most is a fellow Nigerian milking the NHS kmt. maybe i need to point you to some 20,000 pounds of ur taxpayer money being awarded to somalian refugees that have committed heinous crimes. not only can they not be expelled, they also will be sit back and start claiming all the benefits u can think of. thereby costing u the "taxpayer" hundreds of thousands of pounds. and u all sit down here display ur ignorance. mind you this is just one in a million case outhere,  my point is the system is open to abuse and all nationality are abusing it these days indians,pakistani, eastern europeans the list goes on and there is nothing wrong with a nigerian abusing it.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2011
The degree of hypocrisy on this thread is mind boggling. I'll be the first to admit that what she did was wrong but how many of the people castigating this woman will hand on heart swear that they won't do the same if faced with the same circumstance ?

Let's be honest here, the only reason why most people on this thread are angry is because they can't stop thinking about how this will affect them. It has absolutely nothing to do with principles or scruples.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by WhyAWhy(m): 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2011
naijababe:

The degree of hypocrisy on this thread is mind boggling. I'll be the first to admit that what she did was wrong but how many of the people castigating this woman will hand on heart swear that they won't do the same if faced with the same circumstance ?

Let's be honest here, the only reason why most people on this thread are angry is because they can't stop thinking about how this will affect them. It has absolutely nothing to do with principles or scruples.

I admit that you are absolutely right, if this had been done by an Indian, pakistani, or a brazillian, I probably wouldn't give a hoot.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
KAYD007:

people will support or give credence to corrupt act, especially when their very own are involved. pathetic!

Supporting his kind is something the white man has been doing in Africa for centruries --- why can't black folks do the same?

How pathetic it would be for the black man to forsake his kind in the white man's land.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2011
I believe Nigerians who justify this woman's actions are the same Nigerians who would justify 419-related scams by saying that they are a response to western/colonial imperialism. What a load of bollocks! There are people who live in the UK and are on minimum wage, the little they earn is taxed and their hard-earned taxes is channeled to finance care for people with no right to be here.
What has happened has happened, when the kids are strong enough to travel, she and her kids should be sent home to Nigeria and they should all be banned from coming to the UK. That will send a strong message to health tourists who abuse the system.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by whobemumu(m): 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2011
u need to chill bro , no be ur money , no be ur papa money
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by stunna2(m): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2011
hmmmm, the story like life is complicated! it's true that she has deliberately used the system and assuming she is not of the peoples who made the nigerian system non-functional, then it's understandable!
i feel for the tax payers of britain here who are clearly upset at the abuse of their system!

but where is all the stolen money by Nigerian leaders hidden in British banks??
why does the British government not proudly announce to nigeria on a regular bases, wow, we have 1billion pounds more of ur stolen money and we will be very glad to have a ceremony and return the money,
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by tlops(m): 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2011
The children should be given British citizenship. period

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2011
tlops:

The children should be given British citizenship. period

shocked shocked shocked shocked

. . . because?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by tlops(m): 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2011
so all this shout abt tax payer will end!

I know say una go vex, una wey don dey d system never get citizenship, not to mention child of an "illegal immigrant".

shocked grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2011
tlops:

so all this shout abt tax payer will end!

I know say una go vex, una wey don dey d system never get citizenship, not to mention child of an "illegal immigrant".

shocked grin grin shocked shocked

I don't support what the woman did but i support the reason why she did.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by qleyo(f): 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
This level of ignorance is beyond sickening! This is not about humanity or not, humanity is letting her scrounge of the NHS to begin with! There are british citizens, tax payers, hard working people who will suffer because of her ignorance. She WILL NOT have made front page news if she just had one child! She was ignorant and cunning, in the name of "miscarriages" and risked her life and the children by overdosing herself. Now she has five children, which cost 100x more in medical care and has succeeded in dragging our name through the mud.

If someone came into your home to visit you, but then stole from your already depleted pantry and left you with even less for your own household. Pray tell, how would you feel? Yes this visitor is hungry and needs help but still STOLE!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by deeyoung: 7:32pm On Jul 04, 2011
lets just thank God for her life and that of the children
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by teeboyseve(m): 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2011
Am a taxpayer, But I no vex because she's not the first person to do this. Other Nationalities do the same everyday.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
qleyo:

This level of ignorance is beyond sickening! This is not about humanity or not, humanity is letting her scrounge of the NHS to begin with! There are british citizens, tax payers, hard working people who will suffer because of her ignorance. She WILL NOT have made front page news if she just had one child! She was ignorant and cunning, in the name of "miscarriages" and risked her life and the children by overdosing herself. Now she has five children, which cost 100x more in medical care and has succeeded in dragging our name through the mud.
If someone came into your home to visit you, but then stole from your already depleted pantry and left you with even less for your own household. Pray tell, how would you feel? Yes this visitor is hungry and needs help but still STOLE!

I think she was silly and stup/id, the whole thing was carefully planned and executed, i don't support pple who abuse the system, that said, the kids need to be considered, the NHS can bill her but those kids deserve the  best treatment for now. they shouldn't suffer cos of their mum.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by alfablondy: 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2011
I still doubt if the woman was not aware that she was expecting multiple. Because if she has the money to fly to UK and also very much in need of a baby then she would have done Ultra scan to find out what is inside her womb.
As for the bill, if she can, she should pay some of the bill and I don’t think they will jail her for not paying the rest. I don’t see why her bill should be a problem except for her visa extension.  Most people who do have multiple usually get support.
There should be need to lie in this situation , it is great that she has all her babies alive. She just need to be honest so that people in the same situation will not suffer because of her deception.
Most Nigerian suffer from what others have done abroad

@ Juzme I agree with you on the bolded you realy make sense to me. many Nigerians suffers from the wrongs of others even if the reasons behind the actions seems acceptable to some folks, the consequence of such actions on others in nearest future may be grievous.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by hbrednic: 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
thank God the kids are alive,system my bloody foot.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by manny4life(m): 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2011
hbrednic:

thank God the kids are alive,system my bloody foot.

Your bloody foot, right? You see that's why people are advocating to change health care laws. If when she arrived and couldn't prove she had insurance or financial assistance or escrow money and turned her away, I'm sure misfortune would have befell her, hiss angry angry angry

This was a well thought out plan; taxpayers money shouldn't be used to treat someone who is an illegal. However, the innocent children shouldn't be left to suffer. The immigration office can strike a deal with her to work for the next 10 years or more and even if she's able to pay quarter of that amount, at least they recovered some money.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2011
manny4life:

Your bloody foot, right? You see that's why people are advocating to change health care laws. If when she arrived and couldn't prove she had insurance or financial assistance or escrow money and turned her away, I'm sure misfortune would have befell her, hiss angry angry angry

This was a well thought out plan; taxpayers money shouldn't be used to treat someone who is an illegal. However, the innocent children shouldn't be left to suffer. The immigration office can strike a deal with her to work for the next 10 years or more and even if she's able to pay quarter of that amount, at least they recovered some money.

stop being an ignoramus - she is not an illegal immigrant. she came into the country with a valid document. the pregnancy delayed her from going back and even if she had tried, no airline would have allowed her on board.

justwise:

I think she was silly and stup/id, the whole thing was carefully planned and executed, i don't support pple who abuse the system, that said, the kids need to be considered, the NHS can bill her but those kids deserve the  best treatment for now. they shouldn't suffer cos of their mum.

so she planned it that she would have 5 babies? she is that intelligent to know she was coming to the united kingdom to deliver quintuplets? let me have what you are smoking, mr just[b]wise[/b]. grin grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
coogar:

so she planned it that she would have 5 babies? she is that intelligent to know she was coming to the united kingdom to deliver quintuplets? let me have what you are smoking, mr just[b]wise[/b]. grin grin

You really need babalawo to lay hands on your head if u really think that that woman got no clue that she was going to have multiple.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
justwise:

You really need babalawo to lay hands on your head if u really think that that woman got no clue that she was going to have quintuplets.

your ignorance on these pages is peerless. how could she have known she was going to have quintuplets before she came to england? you guys are media w[i]h[/i]ores - you just swallow whatever crap the media serve on your table. the woman was only concerned about the safety of her pregnancy - and she flew to england to ensure she was in a calm environment rather than the chaotic environment of nigeria.

she didn't know she would deliver 5 babies and the nonsense about her husband running away back to nigeria are porkies. the husband probably took few days leave from work in nigeria to come assist his wife. it's only natural for him to go back to work now that the babies are safe. trust the british media to twist that in such a way that the husband fled to nigeria because he doesn't want to pay for the costs.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2011
coogar:

your ignorance on these pages is peerless. how could she have known she was going to have quintuplets before she came to england? you guys are media w[i]h[/i]ores - you just swallow whatever crap the media serve on your table. the woman was only concerned about the safety of her pregnancy - and she flew to england to ensure she was in a calm environment rather than the chaotic environment of nigeria.

she didn't know she would deliver 5 babies and the nonsense about her husband running away back to nigeria are porkies. the husband probably took few days leave from work in nigeria to come assist his wife. it's only natural for him to go back to work now that the babies are safe. trust the british media to twist that in such a way that the husband fled to nigeria because he doesn't want to pay for the costs.

Where did you get ur 'own' version of the story? You interviewed the woman or could it be from the same media i read the story from?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2011
coogar:

What do u expect, when people read near fascist papers like the Dailymail and the Sun ?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2011
justwise:

Where did you get your 'own' version of the story? You interviewed the woman or could it be from the same media i read the story from?

it's just for you to use your common-sense. if you were based in nigeria and your wife is having her babies here. . . . .how many days leave can you possibly take  from work to come and assist her here? this woman has been here in england 2 months after her delivery and the pathetic british media expect the husband to stay here and neglect his work/source of income in nigeria. . . .is that reasonable?

secondly, there's no way this woman could have known she was having 5 kids when she left nigeria. if you have a missus, ask her. . . .yes, the woman planned to have her baby here and if she delivered just a child, the bills wouldn't rack up to £200k. . . .the bills were high because she had 5 kids + caesarian section + intensive care unit. i dunno how you can sit down there and say the woman had it planned all along. it's pathetic.

naijababe:

What do u expect, when people read near fascist papers like the Dailymail and the Sun ?

the only people who read daily mail and the sun are losers who drive white vans and who sh[i]a[/i]g pr[i]o[/i]stitutes!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Driver Becomes Unconscious After Road Chase With Police Operatives In Delta.PICS / Ibom Air Begins Commercial Flight To Bayelsa Airport.. Photos / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.