Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,142 members, 7,811,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! (23154 Views)

Miracle: Man Survives Fall From 4,000-foot Sheer Cliff In Sri Lanka. (photos) / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 / LEARN HOW TO MAKE #200.000 ON A STRIP FOR COCOA EXPORT BUZ WITH NO CAPITAL STAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2011
You guys are just being emotional over an issue that is as clear as black n white. So because we are all Nigerians gives her the right to play the system?! What's wrong is wrong, irrespective of nationality. 200,000 pounds transtates to about 50,000,000naira; I bet if she had been giving this amount in naira, she wouldn't have bothered to come to the UK!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by steve13(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2011
My man go and rest,stop sounding sad,pls rest,I don't know why u don't have a heart,50mill and so what?5 babies??when u get married you will understand,pray to God for forgivness,System my foot.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by juzme: 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2011
After reading the story there is tendency that you might not have known she is expecting multiple. But it is obvious that she came to UK to have her babies. And from what I read it is like the bone of contention is no longer the bill rather her chance of staying in UK.
And to be honest, she should go back to Nigeria because I think all the reasons she are not cogent enough to allow her stay.  We should not forget that there may be others in future that may be in the same predicament and the same person will be refuse entry into UK.
She said she will have no roof over her head in Nigeria and that all her relatives live in UK. Even if she stays in Uk she is not allowed to work and her sisters will have to take care of her living and I can’t see Uk to be cheaper on that ground.
Perhaps, another thing she may want to say is that from where is coming from having multiple is an abomination and that the children might be in danger. This people are no fool.
Please don’t get me wrong, I don’t have any problem in the woman coming to UK to have her children and I still don’t have problem in her not going to pay her bill because she is not capable of doing that as well. But I won’t what her to paint Nigeria black all because she wants to stay in UK
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2011
PEOPLE! WERE ART THOU MILK OF HUMAN KINDNESS??

THIS WOMAN AND ALL HER NEW BORN WOULD AV BEEN DEAD IF SHE WERE TO DELIVERED IN NIGERIA!

FIRST, THERE WILL BE NO LIGHT [ELECTRICITY] TO PERFORM THE OPERATION EVEN IF WE HAVE QUALIFIED DOCTORS, SECOND, THE DOCTORS WOULD AV BEEN ON STRIKE AT THE TIME OF HER LABOUR PAINS AND THERE WOULD AV BEEN NOBODY TO ATTEND TO HER.

ABEG MAKE UNA NO VEX WITH HER! ABEG!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2011
It is because of this kind of wanton systemic abuse that the UK govt will soon start making sure that all applicants for visa renewal are not owing the NHS; they will be made to pay all NHS charges before their visa is renewed. The selfish actions of this lady may have apparently put to jeopardy the dream of other Nigerians to have their kids overseas.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

You guys are just being emotional over an issue that is as clear as black n white. So because we are all Nigerians gives her the right to play the system?! What's wrong is wrong, irrespective of nationality. 200,000 pounds transtates to about 50,000,000naira; I bet if she had been giving this amount in naira, she wouldn't have bothered to come to the UK!

Bro, you're the one being emotional here - after all, you did start this thread.

And remember, not everything is black and white. There are mitigating circumstances here. When you become a parent, you'll understand. parents will do anything to protect their children, even murder, and take whatever's coming to them. You think money is more precious than children? It's obvious you'd take cold, hard cash over the safety or welfare of your kids. Not everyone's that way inclined.

Your statements below also shows you're not adverse to "playing the system" when it suits you to do so.

oyewolejos:

I wonder too. Why go to a stingy country like UK when u know u wanna beat the system. Some Nigerians are honestly slowpoke no offense. In the US she can get her way around the system and she won't pay a dime and all the babies will all be citizens and she will get a Green Card based on Humanitarian grounds. She will also has access to welfare like money,free baby food, low cost or no cost housing and free medical insurance.
Immigrants do this all the time and they don't make headlines in the US

claremont:

Yes oh. In fact, I have long since made up my mind to have all my kids in the US, purely because I want them to enjoy the opportunities the US citizenship brings. UK is s/h?i/t?e to be honest!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2011
@Steve: The difference is that in the US I will be made to pay from my own pocket before I receive care.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by worry246(m): 1:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
She knew what she was doing when she started THEFT.
SHE took extra fetility drugs.
She knew she was pregnant.
She knew she needed cesarian.
She should be deported with her rug rats as soon as possible.
While she is here she is only a further drain on money that should go to TAXPAYERS.
Let the people of Nigeria look after her and her brats.
Soon she will expect free school and house.
Will she get them in Nigeria?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

I just checked your profile and you are African for Christ's sakes.
The logic behind your complaint escarped me.
What happened to our African tradition that teaches us to accommodate strangers?
All that the white man cares about is money.
Please, don't tell me that you are becoming as greedy as the white man.

Here is my question for you:

Even if the lady gets away with 200,000 of the white man money, what difference does it make in your personal life?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2011
She should be taught a lesson to serve as a deterrent to others. I'm a full blooded Nigerian doing my bit to turn around the image that all Nigerians are fraudulent and greedy, only for this lady to splash our name negatively in the British media. I bet most Nigerians who support this lady's actions wouldn't have bothered to support her if she wasn't a Nigerian. Assuming a somali/ethiopian did this, Nigerians would have supported calls to send the lady and her rugrats to the gallows!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

She should be taught a lesson to serve as a deterrent to others. I'm a full blooded Nigerian doing my bit to turn around the image that all Nigerians are fraudulent and greedy, only for this lady to splash our name negatively in the British media. I bet most Nigerians who support this lady's actions wouldn't have bothered to support her if she wasn't a Nigerian. Assuming a somali/ethiopian did this, Nigerians would have supported calls to send the lady and her rugrats to the gallows!

I am not Nigerian and I support her 100%. Too me she is just a fellow negro who needs my support in a white man's land.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2011
TheCongo:

I am not Nigerian and I support her 100%. Too me she is just a fellow negro who needs my support in a white man's land.

May God bless you, my brother.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by busybody20: 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2011
TheCongo:

Abi oooo

Some people just carry the story for head undecided Wetin consign mi
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Ibime(m): 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2011
Make una call GEJ to reimburse the amount sharp sharp from his 'transport money' budget. Every tax payer in the Uk has just contributed 7 pence each toward this woman.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

She should be taught a lesson to serve as a deterrent to others. I'm a full blooded Nigerian doing my bit to turn around the image that all Nigerians are fraudulent and greedy, only for this lady to splash our name negatively in the British media.

And you say others are being too emotional, look what you've typed, and think again!

You're not taking your stand in the name of "changing the West's perception of Nigeria", you're more worried about your tax contribution, without looking at the bigger picture. You come across as very bitter, you're like a dog with a bone, with regards to this lady and her children.

Google "Britain's largest resources drain", and you'll be surprised at the results.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
Woman, ur children are welcome to the world. Thank God the giver of life which N50,000,000 cannot buy.

Sad taxpayers, how much have you paid for the air you breath everyday? If there is recession where you are, come back to Lagos. Here, there is no recession.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
But what is legal about this woman's actions?! If we continue to support illegal actions like this, then may God help us and our battered image. I can now see the reason why some Nigerians use the argument of western imperialism to justify their scams, forgetting that there can be no moral justification for illegality!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

But what is legal about this woman's actions?! If we continue to support illegal actions like this, then may God help us and our battered image. I can now see the reason why some Nigerians use the argument of western imperialism to justify their scams, forgetting that there can be no moral justification for illegality!

It just makes me sick whenever I see black folks giving other black folks hard time over the white man properties.
Claremont,  we don't know how much money your family may have removed illegally from Nigeria to have you in the UK.

Who knows if you are from one of those famillies that had robbed Nigerians to dump the ill-gotten money into the UK, the white man economy.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by johnjoel(m): 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2011
TheCongo:

It just makes me sick whenever I see black folks giving other black folks hard time over the white man properties.
Claremont, we don't know how much money your family may have removed illegally from Nigeria to have you in the UK.

Who knows if you are from one of those famillies that had robbed Nigerians to dump the ill-gotten money into the UK, the white man economy.

gbam,,,chineke ogini na eme ebaa
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2011
No personal abuse on this thread please, let us stick to discussing the legal, moral, and ethical issues behind this lady's actions.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

Bro, it's not about justifying illegal actions. This is a humanitarian issue, and the right to live. If this woman was local, and stuck with her kids, and nowhere to go, I would personally see that she didn't go without, and would fight her corner. That's what we do as Nigerians - in Nigeria, you'd fight with your neighbour, you'd insult each others parents, you'd threaten to kill yourselves. But, if you were down on your luck, this same neighbour would rally around, and lift you up, forgetting your differences. Your neighbours would not see you starve. I've spent most of my life in Britain, but haven't forgotten my Nigerian values, and how to accommodate others.

You keep harping on about your taxes. Do you think all the money in the world is of more value than a child? Even white work colleagues admit she did the wrong thing, but can see where she was coming from, and given the circumstances, would do the same. So tell me bro, what's really eating you? Your paltry contribution through your taxes, or the fact you're "trying to clean up Nigeria's image"? You're just so judgemental, it's unreal.

Wouldn't you do anything to ensure the safety of your wife and children, if there was no other option? A simple yes or no would do, since you view everything as black or white, with no neutral ground.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by formebyme: 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2011
Am seriously enjoying this
claremont,over to you
abi u don tire?? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

No personal abuse on this thread please, let us stick to discussing the legal, moral, and ethical issues behind this lady's actions.

Sorry Claremont, I meant no offense nor disrespect.  I was trying to look at the situation on a bigger scale.

If people like you and I don't abuse the system, this doesn't mean we are better than someone who does.
Our parents may had abused the system in the past by making a freeway for us in which we won't have to do the dirty work.

So there is no point to nail a fellow black who is just doing what our parents may have done in the past.

Once again, I am sorry if you felt my previous post was abusif.
As for me, I will always show my support to a black person in the white man land.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by WhyAWhy(m): 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
Without going into the nitty gritty of whether this is right or wrong, I am so vexed that a Nigerian was at the middle of all this.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by steve13(m): 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2011
God bless you The Congo,claremont I feel like abusing you,stop writing,just stop,I wish she spent 1,000,000 pounds,as long as we aint in naija,she is my sister,my blood,as long as she is alive,with the kids,I praise God almighty,oyibo people and their greedy nature can never make me loose my real african value,am an african,am my brothers keeper.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by WhyAWhy(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2011
Without going into the nitty gritty of whether this is right or wrong, I am so vexed that a Nigerian was at the middle of all this.

I was looking for a job over the summer and after sending in my C.V, Someone got back to me to ask what Nationality I was, After I replied Nigerian, the line of communication ceased. Eventhough this is not directly related to this thread, Nigerians have very bad image at the international scene that most white people always look at us as people who are trying to defraud the system,

She said " ‘Now if I go back I’ll be on my own without even a roof over my head. My entire family support network – three sisters, four aunts and virtually all my school friends – live here." . I think that's a very very cheap appeal to emotion, someone help me ask if this 33 year old adult lives alone on an island somewhere in Nigeria.

In my own opinion, they should allow her stay for about 1 year till her babies are strong enough to travel and then she should be sent back to Nigeria and I hope her state government foots the bill. Fashola loves children
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by whobemumu(m): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2011
and all of you pleading the case of the oyibo i will ask some questions

1 how much has the oyibo man stolen from africa over the last 200 years and invested in their economy

how much are they stealing today in the name of cheap resources

how much are they stealing in illegal deposits ( do u know how long it will take to recover iboris money if ever it is recovered )

how much are they stealing in bogus visa fees

( at 25 k per person and 500 applicants per day at least , not sure what the fees are now sha )

the west has impoverished africa over the years , dont have the time or energy to prove it

so if u can chop their money chop it heavily

my only regret is that she went to the wrong country cos she will have to spend 7 years for those children to become citizens

she should have chosen another country
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by debest1(m): 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2011
whobemumu:

and all of you pleading the case of the oyibo i will ask some questions

1[b] how much has the oyibo man stolen from africa over the last 200 years and invested in their economy

how much are they stealing today in the name of cheap resources

how much are they stealing in illegal deposits ( do u know how long it will take to recover iboris money if ever it is recovered )

how much are they stealing in bogus visa fees

( at 25 k per person and 500 applicants per day at least , not sure what the fees are now sha )[/b]
Answer: Not as much as Nigerian leaders past & present have pillaged.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by KAYD007(m): 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2011
She had intent to defraud/manipulate the system, & knows there will be hesitation from those applying the rules & regulations, when babies are involved, emotional crime, she has succeed in blackmailing the regulators of the British NHS,any action by the NHS people against may be construed
inhuman.

people will support or give credence to corrupt act, especially when their very own are involved. pathetic!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by whobemumu(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2011
^^^^^^ whattttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ignorance na real disease

nigeria has been pillaged of slaves , palmoil , rubber , crude oil  and so many things

what resources  does britain really have ?

all the wealth of  britain was stolen from other countries, they hit india hardest, if they had a clue how much america was worth  they would have never left , or the west indies

, go do ur research
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by beeke(m): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

You are not human you have no heart no soul, you are just ridiculous and i pity people around you
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by steve13(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2011
Bekee don't mind him,he is real bulshit,so selfish,God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ibom Air Begins Commercial Flight To Bayelsa Airport.. Photos / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada / 7 Things To Check In Your Car Before A Long Drive - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.