Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) (34362 Views)

Obasanjo Receives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero (Photos) / Olu Of Warri Ogiame Atuwatse Meets Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Ganduje Visits Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse III (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by iyapont: 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
Itshekiri and yoruba >>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Moide29: 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hhh
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by illicit(m): 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
77up:
Is not about pay but honor . They are proud of carrying that award, I heard it's a lineage assignment, he will be greatful passing it down to his child.

Olu of Worri is not a small king!

Those were actually bodyguards with sharp Swords in history

Now it's ceremonial

A stupid job for a modern grown man, he can't even do anything with that thing other than carry it

Same goes for other Kings

But Hausa fulani dongaris still carry actual swords, seen them in Ilorin
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Bluntemperor: 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
[quote author=qekng40 post=111515185]Whats the meeting all about?

OBJ, the beginning of Nigeria's Wahala.

If he'd done it right, others would have followed suit! cool[/quote

What is the relevance of that to the Olu of Warri-visitation now?
We may not like OBJ manner of economic and political approach,you will agree with me that he preserved our Culture and traditions more than any other modern day Politicians!
In actual fact,he reduced Nigeria Debt to Zero during his time.So,how did we borrowed up to Trillion now?
Everywhere he goes,he is always in Nigeria attire and with the likes of Mrs Ngozi Iweala.
Kudos to them!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by DonTattaglia: 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
Trash.
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
That's good
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by lexy2014: 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
qekng40:
Whats the meeting all about?

If he'd done it right, others would have followed suit! cool

And the others after him didn't come to this world with sense? A bunch of old men who can't think of anything good apart from sending their children abroad to enjoy what they refuse to provi6for nigeriand

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Flore23: 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Tecno camon17pro 8gb 256gb is Available.....90k... the new one is 145k... with charger, carton, receipt...09066517593
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by anonimi: 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
AZUH:
OBJ just dey flex life

Ho for do now?
If na you get 200 million mumus as fellow citizens to dey hail you as you dey flog them with blackouts, no job, no school, nothing nothing, na why you no go flex

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by diplomat058(m): 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
You always comment in a way that commands admirable respect, boss. Regardless of your political leaning (which I may not agree with cheesy), I respect you as an Omoluabi and intelligent human being.. That said, we can avoid land grabbing allegations by others that we are trying to swallow up our Itshekiri Yoruba kin and Kith if we do not say they are Yorubas. We allow them autonomy of identity and still have them back within the Yoruba cultural fold. I am even dreaming of an autonomous Yoruba Commonwealth inside or outside Nigeria when the present arrangements inevitably collapse and we eventually become a confedracy or divided cool
LegendHero:
I like what Olu of Warri is doing. He is moving closer to the source and engaging with the Yorubas as it should be.

We also need to reciprocate the effort with utmost respect by also sending one of our kings on a visit to Warri to just continue to cement the bond.

However, while doing this we must not try to say they are Yoruba. But we can always mutually recognize the bond of source that bound us both together and build a greater alliance going forward.

God bless Olu of Warri.
God bless Itshekiri people.
God bless the Yorubas
God bless our lovers home and away.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Strongdickfresh: 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
greatiyk4u:
OBJ democratized corruption in Nigeria while GEJ officially institutionalised it.

No wonder PDP slogan was boldly "share the money"
[/s]

APC failed in every section. They came and legalized insecurity, Boko Haram, Bandit and Kinapping. They destroyed the education, health and unity of Nigeria. They brought hardship to Nigerians while being generous to Niger Republic and Afghanistan. APC is demonic and useless party. All APC supporters are useless and senseless. You must be insane for supporting APC. Go to hell, that is where you and other APC supporters belong.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by ComeToJesus: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
I usually don't really have a thing for kings but this one, I doff my hat for him. He commands a lot of respect and has a great carriage for royalty. Dude is super intelligent too.

I'm not Itsekiri but I love this king and may his reign last long and bring development to Iwerre land.
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by LegendHero(m): 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
diplomat058:
You always comment in a way that command admirable respect, boss. Regardless of your political leaning (which I may not agree with cheesy), I respect you as an Omoluabi and intelligent human being

Thanks Mr. Diplomat.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by greatiyk4u(m): 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Strongdickfresh:
[s][/s]

APC failed in every section. They came and legalized insecurity, Boko Haram, Bandit and Kinapping. They destroyed the education, health and unity of Nigeria. They brought hardship to Nigerians while being generous to Niger Republic and Afghanistan. APC is demonic and useless party. All APC supporters are useless and senseless. You must be insane for supporting APC. Go to hell, that is where you and other APC supporters belong.

Take it easy please, your life is still important to your family and friends,

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by omenkaLives(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
That guy to the far left of the third picture is a giant!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by sokera: 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
OBJ the genesis of modern Nigeria’s problems
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by afamaustin(m): 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
Did the olu of worri came with that his red sit
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Vadese1: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nice write up.

LegendHero:
I like what Olu of Warri is doing. He is moving closer to the source and engaging with the Yorubas as it should be.

We also need to reciprocate the effort with utmost respect by also sending one of our kings on a visit to Warri to just continue to cement the bond.

However, while doing this we must not try to say they are Yoruba. But we can always mutually recognize the bond of source that bound us both together and build a greater alliance going forward.

God bless Olu of Warri.
God bless the Yorubas

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by lollybee15(m): 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
qekng40:

What do you know? No one is a paragon, no one is perfect except God. Obasanjo is not perfect but he is the only President who had strived to save this country. Take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by anonimi: 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
ChiefSweetus:
First time in a LONGGGG WHILE (since this body odor administration) I'm seeing Obasanjo smiling while with guests.

Noticed he is always 100% deferential to any local royalty, no matter how young, he will prostrate fully for you. I respect that. And even better, when with foreign dignitaries, he then shows his pride and prominence as an elder and 1st class African president - they are then the ones to show him homage. Chai.

Pay him homage because they have something to collect from him, thereafter he is just one of the most inferior race on earth despite us being equally endowed as the whites and the Asians with the same 24 hours.

texazzpete:
Check this quote made by Lord Lugard in 1926.
Any of these ring a bell?

"In character and temperament, the typical African of this race-type is a happy, thriftless, excitable person. Lacking in self control, discipline, and foresight. Naturally courageous, and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving weapons as an oriental loves jewellery. His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future, or grief for the past. His mind is far nearer to the animal world than that of the European or Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals’ placidity and want of desire to rise beyond the State he has reached. Through the ages the African appears to have evolved no organized religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural"

“He lacks the power of organization, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility , he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue, In brief, the virtues and defects of this race-type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy, Perhaps the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future."

---Lord Frederick John Dealty Lugard, The Dual Mandate, pg.70 (1926)

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Winning123: 3:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Why not send a message to his spokesman. He will tell you what the meeting is all about

qekng40:

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by VladimirPutiin(m): 3:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
A deity visits another deity grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by CHAQUR: 3:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
This is what southeastern monarchs are expected to be doing in mending the division & hatred caused by their untamed children across the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by jrusky(m): 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2022
Though I don't know this king in person but I just like him. I love every free thinking Nigerian those who do not know what colour tribalism has.

Nice one. God bless you the king and God punish those useless tribalist insulting him and asking why he went to SW and not their region or their hateful bollock village.
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
qekng40:

OBJ, the beginning of Nigeria's Wahala

if he was allowed he would have ruled Nigeria like Zimbabwes Mugabe
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Nicho118(m): 3:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
This one na news too
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by shogsman(m): 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Mokason288:
grin
I feel like becoming a king too

Imagine A WHOLE OBASANJO standing up to address one small boy

Meanwhile I know the topic of discussion is Oil

As old as OBASANJO he is still talking about Oil

Did you expect him to sit down and address a monarch,where do you see anybody doing that around the world

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

God bless Olu of Warri.
God bless the Yorubas
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Mokason288(m): 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
shogsman:

Did you expect him to sit down and address a monarch,where do you see anybody doing that around the world
Get lost
Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by Oluwaramsey: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Omo see that Aide de camp as he carry that sword up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Kalu: 21 Members Of APC NWC Endorsed Senator Lawan As Consensus Candidate / ICC Confirms Receipt Of Petition Against Oba Of Lagos / Peter Obi Celebres Olusegun Obasanjo On His 86th Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.