Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? (2964 Views)

Mouth Odour, Body Odour & Snoring, Which Can You Manage In A Relationship? / Bobrisky Has Body Odour - JP Blush / How Do I Tell This Girl I Quit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Truvelisback(m): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2022
Good day, fellas. There is guy who attends the Church i am attending. There is strong offensive smell that comes out from his body whenever i am around him. How do i tell him that there is a strong offensive smell that comes out from his body without making him feel hurt or embarassed. Note: He looks neat from appearance and he is a kind of gentle guy like me(i know someone might be say in his/her mind, na lie, u no gentle). So, how do i tell this guy?
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 02, 2022
Like if you think the OP should keep it to himself,share if you think he should speak up.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by EmptyGarden(m): 9:30am On Apr 02, 2022
Get him a body spray.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by qekng40(f): 9:30am On Apr 02, 2022
Tell him to consider using roll ons that he sweats to much.
Thank me later. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Hezzyluv: 9:35am On Apr 02, 2022
grin

Go to a better cosmetic store, tel them this your story. Now tell them you want to buy body spray and roll-on if possible, soap inclusive. Present it to him as gift, preferably birthday gift.

Now if you noticed he has finished using it and not willing to buy another one i.e the body odor stars again, politely tell him to consider buying such and keep using them. Tell him it looks MORE good on him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Jeon(f): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2022
me think say nah only women dy smell..
because of the way NL is painting men as saints.so men do smell.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by chatinent: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2022
You can just tell him using tact...

Hi Mannabbgrills,
“There's this discount on Jumia Friday Flash Sales. Come check it out.” Show him some of the collections. Then act surprised and show him Nivea. Talk a bit about how nice it is and promise to get him one pair for him to attest to your claims.

✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by VOsimhen144(m): 9:45am On Apr 02, 2022
Always buy him roll on, perfumes and body spray.

If you can't buy him those deodorant, then always cover your nose.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by illicit(m): 9:45am On Apr 02, 2022
He has probably heard before

Tell him nicely
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2022
Jeon:
me think say nah only women dy smell.. because of the way NL is painting men as saints.so men do smell.
Lol.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2022
EmptyGarden:
Get him a body spray.
I wonder o, or beta still choose another spot afterall there are many chairs in the church. You dey inside church and you are nursing grudges against fellow human. Silly human being.

Guys wey dey draw breath from their during active service are courageous. I use to be honestly with my oyibo babe but i cancelled since i return back to Nigeria. Like the first girl wey wan give me kentus discouraged me. Even my condom begin cry. I no fit cum!!! I cover nose dey knack to extent I carry her enter inside shower position her nyash make water dey enter inside. Until she say remove condom that was when I zero mynd say I no fit cum. Case closed.
Jeon:
Women dey smell both ways...
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 02, 2022
Bleaching cream dey give body odour.

Tell am make he change cream wey he dey use.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Jeon(f): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2022
MarryWhiteasap:

I wonder o, or beta still choose another spot afterall there are many chairs in the church. You dey inside church and you are nursing grudges against fellow human. Silly human being.

Guys wey dey draw breath from their during active service are courageous. I use to be honestly with my oyibo babe but i cancelled since i return back to Nigeria. Like the first girl wey wan give me kentus discouraged me. Even my condom begin cry. I no fit cum!!! I cover nose dey knack to extent I carry her enter inside shower position her nyash make water dey enter inside. Until she say remove condom that was when I zero mynd say I no fit cum. Case closed.

Women dey smell both ways...

me think say Africa men be like East Asians OOOH because of the presence of drytype earwax.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by lilvicky68(m): 10:28am On Apr 02, 2022
Get him iron sponge and air freshener first let's start from there
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:32am On Apr 02, 2022
Buy his some nice deodorant (body spray, perfumes and soap) advise him on bathing twice a day and maintain high hygienic culture. He will be getting the msg coded

Back in skul we once teased my guy that a lady bought him some boxers seems the lady has witnessed him wearing one boxers steady and no b lie. angry

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Truvelisback(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:
Tell him to consider using roll ons that he sweats to much.

Thank me later. smiley
I almost surmoned courage to tell him yesterday but the fear of how he would react made me change my mind. I don't want him to feel hurt or feel like i am trying to look down on him. Even without going too close to him, the smell was Awesome. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Truvelisback(m): 10:55am On Apr 02, 2022
Jeon:

me think say Africa men be like East Asians OOOH because of the presence of drytype earwax.
Na vice versa ooo. The other day, i was standing close to a lady, omo if u percieve the strong body odour coming out from her body ehn! Chai!!! I almost fainted. The smell even became worse when she raised one of her hands up. I started looking for where to keep my nose b4 i die of the smell.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Jeon(f): 10:59am On Apr 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
Na vice versa ooo. The other day, i was standing close to a lady, omo if u percieve the strong body odour coming out from her body ehn! Chai!!! I almost fainted. The smell even became worse when she raised one of her hands up. I started looking for where to keep my nose b4 i die of the smell.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Truvelisback(m): 11:03am On Apr 02, 2022
illicit:
He has probably heard before

Tell him nicely
How do i tell him nicely without making him feel bad. I don't want a situation that he would start avoiding me or feel intimidated.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by VictorUSA(m): 11:03am On Apr 02, 2022
First, buy him perfume and ask him to apply it.

Secondly, you can see a medical doctor to recomend and prescribe some drugs that may help.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Truvelisback(m): 11:05am On Apr 02, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
Buy his some nice deodorant (body spray, perfumes and soap) advise him on bathing twice a day and maintain high hygienic culture. He will be getting the msg coded

Back in skul we once teased my guy that a lady bought him some boxers seems the lady has witnessed him wearing one boxers steady and no b lie. angry
Lol, life no easy Sha!!
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by illicit(m): 11:06am On Apr 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
How do i tell him nicely without making him feel bad. I don't want a situation that he would start avoiding me or feel intimidated.

Well u can start by telling him not to feel bad about what u are about to say
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by tayo60(f): 11:10am On Apr 02, 2022
The guy actually knows that he has body odour. As a guy man, invite him over after church service one day, maybe around d church premises or outside, and tell him as guys talk in a most friendly way and suggest what he can use to curtail that. If he sees that the way you presented it to him is jovial and friendly in such a way that he isn't offended, he will open up to your suggestions and maybe become your friend from there.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Truvelisback(m): 11:14am On Apr 02, 2022
Kingsuave:
Bleaching cream dey give body odour.

Tell am make he change cream wey he dey use.
It's true, bleaching cream can give body odour but i don't think this guy uses Bleaching Cream. His skin looks normal.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Truvelisback(m): 11:18am On Apr 02, 2022
tayo60:
The guy actually knows that he has body odour. As a guy man, invite him over after church service one day, maybe around d church premises or outside, and tell him as guys talk in a most friendly way and suggest what he can use to curtail that. If he sees that the way you presented it to him is jovial and friendly in such a way that he isn't offended, he will open up to your suggestions and maybe become your friend from there.
I thought abt the same too but the thought of making him feel bad prompted me to change my mind.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by JUMO95: 11:18am On Apr 02, 2022
Just be blunt about it.
You are doing him a great favor

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Shadysen: 11:25am On Apr 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
grin

Go to a better cosmetic store, tel them this your story. Now tell them you want to buy body spray and roll-on if possible, soap inclusive. Present it to him as gift, preferably birthday gift.

Now if you noticed he has finished using it and not willing to buy another one i.e the body odor stars again, politely tell him to consider buying such and keep using them. Tell him it looks MORE good on him.
except he's not a smart guy that he won't understand the game.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Shadysen: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2022
Approach him politely
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Truvelisback(m): 11:42am On Apr 02, 2022
JUMO95:
Just be blunt about it.
You are doing him a great favor
Yes, u are right. There are guys who would pass the msg to him by being blunt but i can't do so because of how he would feel. I percieve he knows that he has that smell.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by tayo60(f): 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
I thought abt the same too but the thought of making him feel bad prompted me to change my mind.
Approach him politely about d issue and see how d thing goes
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by phemmyfour: 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. There is guy who attends the Church i am attending. There is strong offensive smell that comes out from his body whenever i am around him. How do i tell him that there is a strong offensive smell that comes out from his body without making him feel hurt or embarassed. Note: He looks neat from appearance and he is a kind of gentle guy like me(i know someone might be say in his/her mind, na lie, u no gentle). So, how do i tell this guy?
Na guy to guy talk, no qualms. Men doesn't take things like this to heart

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy That He Has Body Odour? by Truvelisback(m): 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
Na guy to guy talk, no qualms. Men doesn't take things like this to heart
Bro, i get u. E get some kind guy, i fit easily tell dem but with the wey this guy dey, for me to tell am dey somehow to me. If to say we tight well, well, i for tell am.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If I Had Known, I Won't Have Jumped Inside That Marriage" Kaffy Reveals / There’s Nothing Wrong With Asking A Girl For $ex Before Offering Her Help / 11 Signs You're The Nicest Guy Ever..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.