Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School (49040 Views)

Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / Finally Jamb Have Release The Results / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
Trojan8:
So some Nairalanders actually believe that one can jump from averaging 1-3 to the 19th position. No wonder this forum is like this.

There's clearly a lot wrong with the final position.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

how can her position in all subject not be less than 3rd and she now came in 19th

I suspect the teacher is practicing witchcraft.

When I hear that I'm in the arts I don't need mathematics, it pains my heart.

This is elementary mathematics and the teacher failed woefully.

You can't be having less than third position in subject average ranking and not have same range in class average ranking.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nigerialabalaba: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
ivolt:

Check again, each subject had a class average.
Statistically, at least half of the class scored below average and half above.

This pupil was well above average in all subjects. This means the least position
she could have taken is 12th.

So, it is impossible for her to be 19th in a class of 25 unless they use other undocumented
criteria for assigning class position.

E fit possible oga. U no be teacher abeg.

For Class position, if 5 pupil tie for 1st position, d next position na 6th position but if 5 pupils tie for subject scores, the 6th pupil still be 2nd.

U dey look at d numbers but u no understand position system for schools because u no be teacher..Na becos of dis position system make some countries stop class position system.
U no be teacher so no argue wetin u know sabi

3 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by 1TripleC: 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2022
Impossible position judging by the positions per subject
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by sinkhole: 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

I look am. tie for grades for subject dey different from class position.

I don teach for school before o so I sabi dis tins wella. If u and another pupil tie for grades, e no change ur position for dat subject but for class position, u go use different approach.

I no say d teacher no fit make mistake but dis position dey possible
The least the girl got in all her subjects is 94 and they are just 25 in class (I hope I'm correct), how come she is 19th, not even 6th?
Her average score, which is 98, suppose to be used to position her in the class, is that not so?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nigerialabalaba: 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
sinkhole:
The least the girl got in all her subjects is 94 and they are just 25 in class (I hope I'm correct), how come she is 19th, not even 6th?
Her average score, which is 98, suppose to be used to position her in the class, is it not?
Dat fit mean say d class na top set class. To avoid dis confusion, na becos of dat dem seperate subject position from class position.
You fit collect first and second position for all your subjects but fit still be last for class position o
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
It's possible if position 1-18 got higher percentages i.e 99-100%

If you find yourself in class with extremely brilliant pupils at that level (Nursery 2), anything less than 99% might take you out if top 10 position in the class

With the data given above it's not possible.

You can't be having less than 3rd in most subject ranking and then come 19th overall in same class. Where is the computational basis coming from?

You assumption only holds when the participants in class are also ra ked hight than the said student in subject ranking else assumption is flawed.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by We4all: 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

how can her position in all subject not be less than 3rd and she now came in 19th

I suspect the teacher is practicing witchcraft.

Study the class average carefully then you will know it’s possible.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nigerialabalaba: 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
ExudeLoveToAll:

With the data given above it's not possible.

You can't be having less than 3rd in most subject ranking and then come 19th overall in same class. Where is the computational basis coming from?

You assumption only holds when the participants in class are also ra ked hight than the said student in subject ranking else assumption is flawed.
u no be teacher abeg. That class position is possible. Dat na why people dey mock una wey tink say una sabi because una go school. Dis na wetin I sabi right from primary school o even before I go teach for school.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by lucro: 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
I am not sure I see what the fuss is about. These days the difference between a student who comes first and one who comes 5th may be 0.5%. It is possible to have a student perform very well but come a distant 19th. It is quite common, especially in lower classes like Nursery.

Edit: Just saw that the child averaged 1st to 3rd in all subjects. Yeah, the 19th position is a stretch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
if na me see this kind result as a father i will walk with her go dat school and show that mad teacher if her medulla of ablongata is not correct and her unspelling remark
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
ExudeLoveToAll:

When I hear that I'm in the arts I don't need mathematics, it pains my heart.

This is elementary mathematics and the teacher failed woefully.

You can't be having less than third position in subject average ranking and not have same range in class average ranking.

You are not making any sense...
The result further showed below that she made A rating in all other yardsticks part from subjects...did u see that pet at the bottom of the page...
What other yardsticks did they use...
Oga park well jare..
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by We4all: 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

For Class position, if 5 pupil tie for 1st position, d next position na 6th position but if 5 pupils tie for subject scores, the 6th pupil still be 2nd.

U dey look at d numbers but u no understand position system for schools because u no be teacher..Na becos of dis position system make some countries stop class position system.

You nailed it! If you check the class average, you will understand that her position is possible.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by JonCina(m): 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:
50-74 is C but the teacher Wrote A in all

Please what your advice?

THIS CAN'T BE TRUE.
HER WORST SUBJECT POSITION WAS 3RD: HOW COME SHE CAME 19TH?

2) Looking at English Language: how can she have a score of 94 with class average of 91 and she is 2nd in a class of over 20 people?

So many things are wrong with this result!
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by delpee(f): 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
[/b]
RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?[/quote]

@OP
She got As all through. You were looking at the class average score for that particular subject.

The summary is that they're all so intelligent that 18 students had scores higher than his own.

Perhaps they should do without positions henceforth and record only the grades and average scores which are sufficient for assessment.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

u no be teacher abeg. That class position is possible. Dat na why people dey mock una wey tink say una sabi because una go school. Dis na wetin I sabi right from primary school o even before I go teach for school.

Educate me
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
We4all:

Study the class average carefully then you will know it’s possible.

Which class average??

She ddnt come in less than 3rd in all the subjects.... is it not individual subjects that leads to overall position??

She ddnt have less than 90 in any class average putting her in 1st and 2nd position

She had 62 only one course even at that 62/100 she still came 3rd in that course, meaning they all ddnt do well in that course for the person that got 62/100 to be 3rd in the class

What other average are u looking for

Show us what you are seeing that we don’t see
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by sinkhole: 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Dat fit mean say d class na top set class. To avoid dis confusion, na becos of dat dem seperate subject position from class position.
You fit collect first and second position for all your subjects but fit still be last for class position o
OK o, thank God my child no dey that kind school, because I go go that school go ask them serious question smiley
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by treatise: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
Government or private school?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by JayPeeOham: 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

Imagine the headmistress comment lol.... What more effort can she possibly put and even if she does, what score could be better than the one she currently has?.. or maybe a 100%in all subjects.. SMH

2 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ivolt: 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

If 18 people are tied in the first position, then this pupil
cannot be above average in all subjects.

Statistics can sometimes be tricky, but it is quite a solid tool.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by sinkhole: 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?
OP, please go to that school and find out what is really happening, ask them how they arrived at this conclusion and report back to this house, we need to know cool
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nigerialabalaba: 2:19pm On Apr 02, 2022
We4all:

You nailed it! If you check the class average, you will understand that her position is possible.
Most of dem tink say if u sabi do maths and write English, u fit teach be dat.
Teacher work pass those basic tins.
D funny tin be say, right from my primary school I sabi say dis kain result is possible.
I dey use am motivate myself for my top class dat time because if u tink say u dey top one subject and go relax, na 10th position u go land straight!

Dis na as far back as 1980-82 o wey I dey primary school. All we boys wey we dey drag class position dat time because of dis position system all dey d top professions today and we all dey do fine. Na d only disadvantage of d class position system u see so.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by leofab(f): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

Your neighbour's daughter is in an arrow class. What that means is that everyone in the class is bright and as such, she could rake in 99 percent in a subject and still come in 5th position or more. In an arrow class, average cumulative total could be as high as 95 percent, meaning each pupil/student in that class pulled in that high per subject.
did you check her average positions in the class?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
Mind your fúcking business
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Plus10(m): 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
That's private Schools for,they do this to stay in business. As a parent when you see this of results, you would want to pay more School fees for your kid,thinking that he or she is doing very well.Dont be surprised over 80-90% of the pupils will be awarded this kund of result in the entire school.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by thatigboman1: 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?
she didn't score 50-74 in any subject. Check the 'Total' column very well.
Somebody must have inserted that 19th out of mischief. No where in the result sheet is a field for position.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Munzy14(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?
Seems like a private school doings.. grin

Those ones like deceiving parents just to keep their customers(pupils/students).. lipsrsealed

Thumbs up to people that attended government school from secondary to tertiary and still made it.

Competition lives in Public/government schools.

Most privates are all about the money.

Lastly, I fear who no fear neighbours like you..Small weak result them show you, voom! You don snap pics for topic on nairaland( online lawma vehicle).

2 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by alizma: 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2022
that D before academy be like say na ChilD be that? Well, make I keep watin I think say I know first. But wait o, no be one school for Rumukwurushi be that? Ok, una say make I keep quiet, I don here. I will come back later
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Most of dem tink say if u sabi do maths and write English, u fit teach be dat.
Teacher work pass those basic tins.
D funny tin be say, right from my primary school I sabi say dis kain result is possible.
I dey use am motivate myself for my top class dat time because if u tink say u dey top one subject and go relax, na 10th position u go land straight!

Dis na as far back as 1980-82 o wey I dey primary school. All we boys wey we dey drag class position dat time because of dis position system all dey d top professions today and we all dey do fine. Na d only disadvantage of d position system u see so.
Best to not argue with people that got their minds made up.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“You Feeds Us In School...” Placard Carried By Katsina Pupils (Pictures) / Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities / OAU Students With Their Own Oro For The Late Ooni (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.