Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,328 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School (49035 Views)

Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / Finally Jamb Have Release The Results / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Bbbw: 4:01pm On Apr 02, 2022
Really
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by smasher1(m): 4:01pm On Apr 02, 2022
meum:
I know the name of the school and where it is located. The Op failed to hide all info that can expose the school. grin

Is the position not supposed to be the average of all the positions for each subject? Except there were a lot of people in that class that had a tie for some positions. Just thinking though

About twenty people can't get the same average. Maximum, two or three. And those scores are incredibly high. Except they score above 90 to almost all pupils. This kind of scores should be allocated to maximum of two students no matter how intelligent the students are.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by babajero(m): 4:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:
50-74 is C but the teacher Wrote A in all

Please what your advice?
Please where is the school located that still grade by position?. Don't believe everything you see online.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by smasher1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
Seredebe:
She came 1st, 2nd or 3rd in most subjects but ended up coming 19th in the class position.

That's impossible!
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by babajero(m): 4:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
meum:
I know the name of the school and where it is located. The Op failed to hide all info that can expose the school. grin

Is the position not supposed to be the average of all the positions for each subject? Except there were a lot of people in that class that had a tie for some positions. Just thinking though
that result is not correct, that thing is just posted for internet frenzy, that is all.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by jibovico(m): 4:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
Nothing is wrong with the spelling.... Zoom the result to see clearly
Apology. My mistake.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by smasher1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
luminouz:

Something is wrong with the result. But instead of the OP and the parents to find out from the school, they are taking it to SM, for what?

The excessive need for online validation is sickening. Just approach the school and do the needful, not yelling lalasticlala to carry the news to frontpage.

That school needs such. The principal or head master doesn't know the damage he or she is passing to the next generation. He or she should be relieved of his duties. It won't be surprising to know that the teacher is a school cert holder or definitely not fit to teach. Because that result looks like copy and paste. The only thing original is the position. How can a teacher rate a student with 19th position 1(best) in all the qualities at the down of the result?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by abbasajao(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
Everything is wrong about Nigeria education. Even the OP's grammar.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Krismas(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
It's possible if position 1-18 got higher percentages i.e 99-100%

If you find yourself in class with extremely brilliant pupils at that level (Nursery 2), anything less than 99% might take you out of top 10 position in the class
grin No. she top the pack in 7 straight subjects. The next highest person only has 6 subjects to top. In that six, she was 2nd to the top 4 times and third 2 times. The only way She cannot be FIRST in that class, is if the other pupils took more subjects than her. Else, she MUST come first
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by nedekid: 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
meum:

Or could they be giving them expo?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by phemmyfour: 4:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
Krismas:
grin No. she top the pack in 7 straight subjects. The next highest person only has 6 subjects to top. In that six, she was 2nd to the top 4 times and third 2 times. The only way She cannot be FIRST in that class, is if the other pupils took more subjects than her. Else, she MUST come first
She was JOINT in those Subjects. That is JOINT first/second/ third

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ThierryJay: 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

Thank you! If 20 pupils scored 100 percent in a subject, then the next pupil to score 99 percent would come 21st in that subject. I am certain that is exactly what is playing out here.

What you said is not possible in the OPs case. In your example, she should rank 21st in the subject if she scored 99, but she ranked 3rd in her least subject, meaning not more than 2 pupils scored better than her in all her subjects.

She scored higher than the average class score in all her subjects, meaning in a class of 25 she is better than the median which is 12.5. If she is ranked higher than the median, how then does she rank 19th overall out of 25? Something is definitely wrong with the result.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by dbestuncle: 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
First mistake, you are not correct to say she was given A because the roll I guess you are looking at is the class average not her own scores.
2. The punctuality and other physchomoto wasn't wrong as they awarded her the least scores there. She got 1 there.

However you are right to suspect foul play because there is actually. She got an average of 98% n is the 19th position out of 25.

I am the parent I will tell the school their fuckup n change my child from the school.

obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Krismas(m): 4:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
We4all:

You nailed it! If you check the class average, you will understand that her position is possible.
grin What’s the big deal about the class average? Total score divided by total number of students. The least was 62 or so and in that particular subject she came 91 or so
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by snoopz: 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2022
One thing about private schools be say Dem dey manufacture marks for their students, so that they won't leave
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by shantti(m): 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
The only explanation is this;
The girl with her 19th position = 98.0%
The person with the 18th position = 98.1%
The person with the 17th position = 98.2%
The person with the 16th position = 98.3%
The person with the 15th position = 98.4%
The person with the 14th position = 98.5%
And so on
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ugwum007(m): 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
Out of 13 subjects, the pupil was the highest in 7 of them.
So how did the remaining 6 subject which she didn't go below 3rd in any of them push her to 19th?
Just like buhari winning 19 states during the presidential elections. The three K states and pH included in the 19 states and still lost the election... very impossible

All these teacher Eliza that are parading about....

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ugwum007(m): 4:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
shantti:
And so on

Is not possible, she was the 1st in 7 of the 13 subjects.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by alfarouq(m): 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

Something is obviously wrong with the report sheet. The reason is that in the position per subject she is either 1st, 2nd or 3rd, there is no way she can have this positions per subject and end up with 19th position. I would not said this if I did not see her position per subject because in nursery school, you can get a lot of pupils with 99 and 100 in every subject but looking at her position per subject, something is definitely wrong somewhere

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nigerialabalaba: 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
Mosopzy23:

I don't think you need to be a teacher see the flaws in the uploaded result.
Infact, I don't think you get it.
A student who emerges as the one of the top 3 shouldn't be below the 5th , in terms of position. It doesn't just add up.
u no be teacher, u no experience dis kain tin since u no go top highly competitive schools and e don show say d tin too complex for una to understand.

I no go waste my time dey teach u again. u no dey teachable and u fit continu dey type wetin u no understand.

I don tell una sumol boys and girls wey tink say una go school and so una tink say una fit put mouth on wetin una no understand, dis one pass ur understanding,na experience u dey see so.
U no be teacher, a take God beg u, go siddon joor.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Arysexy(m): 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

Your neighbour's daughter is in an arrow class. What that means is that everyone in the class is bright and as such, she could rake in 99 percent in a subject and still come in 5th position or more. In an arrow class, average cumulative total could be as high as 95 percent, meaning each pupil/student in that class pulled in that high per subject.

That result get comma.

If you check subjects she got 1st is about 7 out of 13. Assuming another pupil got 1st in the remainder of the 13 subjects, we will be looking at 6 1sts.

So how did a pupil that got 7 1st out of 13 subjects come distant 19th?

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by freeman67: 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

This will be from a private school. They usually act this funny for continual ppatronag from parents. That said, it is possible to be 19th out of 25 if the students above her got better scores. Yes, going by the rating grade and what she was graded in all the subjects, all her scores are A. In the space where they wrote total score, she got nothing less than 90 in all the subjects.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by akinade28(f): 5:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:
how can her position in all subject not be less than 3rd and she now come in 19th

I suspect the teacher is practicing witchcraft.
It is possible, if the pupils overall scores are very close
If 10 students score 100 in a subject they will be awarded 1st position
If 10 students score 99 their position will be 11th
If the remaining score 98 theirs will be 21st.
I guess this might have happened
Plus it might be the different subject teachers gave grades to the students, hence the errors in the subject grade
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by BrutusOj(m): 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?
Something is totally wrong with the position. Her average position per subject is 3rd Position, this implies that, her position in class is within 3rd position. Some school heads are so careless, how can you comment on this kind of results without questioning the class teacher?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by BrutusOj(m): 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
akinade28:

Plus it might be the different subject teachers gave grades to the students, hence the errors in the subject grade
Start with her subject position and see that the class position is wrong. She is top 3 in all the subjects, how did she end up coming 19th in class?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by BrutusOj(m): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2022
shantti:
And so on
This doesn't make sense, look through the subjects position, she is top 3. In fact, her class position should be 2nd if not 1st considering the number of subjects she came first in.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by BrutusOj(m): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

haha...e fit possible to be 19th if too much too much pupils tie for d 1st and 2nd positions.
I remember something like dis for my primary school wey we no get 3rd position because two pupils tie for 2nd position.

For Class position, if 5 pupil tie for 1st position, d next position na 6th position but if 5 pupils tie for subject scores, the 6th pupil still be 2nd.

una no be teacher abeg. thumbs up to all our teachers wey sabi dem onions
Go to the subject position and see her real position there. She is 1st position from my quick analysis. She came 2nd in four subjects, 3r position in two subjects and the rest 1st position. Work it out.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by lanre80(m): 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

Going by the ranking in each subject, there is no way she could have come 19th out 25 pupils. This result is a fallacy. This Teacher need be questioned.

BrutusOj:
Go to the subject position and see her real position there. She is 1st position from my quick analysis. She came 2nd in four subjects, 3r position in two subjects and the rest 1st position. Work it out.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
jibovico:
The teacher even failed to spell the word excellent correctly.
what is the correct spelling?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by yemi1504: 6:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

grin cheesy
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2022
akinade28:

U are not looking at the data before you.. u are just creating hypothetical scenario that doesn’t add up here...

From the first subject on top u can deduce this girl is among the top 3 student in her class..
That subject was her poorest... she got 67 (class average) still, she was overall third in that subject....
please madam where are these very brilliant student when someone that got 67 came 3rd in the class for that subject....

Madam, I don’t know how you are seeing this result....it not possible for someone to make an 1st and second in all individual course and end up with 19th position out of 25....

Is it not the individual subject that makes up the over all..??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“You Feeds Us In School...” Placard Carried By Katsina Pupils (Pictures) / Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities / OAU Students With Their Own Oro For The Late Ooni (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.