Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention (16737 Views)

APC Fails To Reconcile Ondo Aspirants As Ibrahim, Oke, Others Shun Photograph / Baba-Ahmed: Ex-PDP Members Likely To Take Control Of APC After Convention / PDP Gives Return Tickets To Saraki, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal After Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by another1: 4:46am On Apr 03, 2022
Over 120 aspirants who stepped down for consensus candidates at the recently held convention of the All Progressives Congress have not been refunded the cost of their forms over one week after they were promised, Sunday PUNCH can report.

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari, had persuaded the party to embrace consensus, which was the model adopted to fill most of the 78 positions. After imposing Senator Abdullahi Adamu as the national chairman, governors and other top party stakeholders drew a unity list, which was ratified during the convention.

Those whose names did not make the unity list were compelled to step down. According to National Convention Electoral Committee led by Jigawa State Governor, Muhammad Badaru, those vying for 66 offices stepped down for consensus candidates while elections were conducted for 12 offices.

The President had said those affected by the consensus arrangement should be refunded the money they spent to obtain expression of interest and nomination forms.

Sources in the party however said the total sum being owed the aspirants was not less than N400m.

A party chieftain said, “The new executive members would need time to compile the full list. Also, not everyone paid the same amount. Remember that women and persons with disabilities were given a discount of 50 per cent. Also, some people did not purchase forms by themselves. Some purchased it by proxy and some used groups. In such a situation who will you pay the refund to?”

An aspirant to the office of the national chairman, Chief Sunny Moniedafe, told Sunday PUNCH that he had approached the party for his N10m but he was asked to be patient.
Moniedafe added, “They have not refunded my N10m. I visited the party secretariat last week to deliver my letter of intention to step down which was accepted. I wrote another letter for my refund which also included my bank account but the letter was not accepted.

“They said I should wait and that the new chairman had not fully taken over but I know he resumed on Wednesday. I will go back on Wednesday. I know they will not renege on their promise because it will be disastrous.”

Moniedafe, who spent 20 months campaigning for the chairmanship position before he opted for the position of the deputy national chairman a few weeks to the convention, said he spent more than the N10m he used in purchasing the form, saying it was less than 10 per cent of his total expenses.

When contacted, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Felix Morka, told Sunday PUNCH in an interview that the aspirants who stepped down would be refunded, saying the new leadership of the party just took over.

He added, “I think it requires a bit of patience for the new leadership to settle in. As we know, matters of finance and all of that are required to be reported and properly documented, so that this new party administration will have a clear sense of what is and what was. After that, I’m quite sure they will begin to attend to those commitments.”
He commended those who stepped down, describing them as loyal party men and women who responded to the patriotic call of the President.

https://punchng.com/apc-fails-to-refund-over-120-aspirants-one-week-after-convention/

1 Like

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by dynicks(m): 4:54am On Apr 03, 2022
Money wey dey don gather finish take complete the rail track that leads to niger republic.....

You no fit scam APC as a party....rather it's the party that will scam you and still yet cry murder!!....if u think it's a lie, ask Nigerians

The hustle is real!!

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Deltafirstson(m): 4:54am On Apr 03, 2022
Lol! Buhari had played them April fool.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by EricSmallz(m): 4:54am On Apr 03, 2022
Millions be like thousands to them.
The reason why Nigerians are extremely poor

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by LeeMason(m): 4:56am On Apr 03, 2022
APC a congregation of scammers.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by KarlWest(m): 4:56am On Apr 03, 2022
The type of news IPOB wants to hear.

1 Like

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Itohanmiwa: 4:56am On Apr 03, 2022
grin
Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Mooh247: 4:56am On Apr 03, 2022

Buhari the shameless scammer

It is very obvious Tunde Idiagbon was the righteous incorruptible leader of the 80s Buhari regime

Thank God Professor Yemi Osinbajo SAN was smart to distance himself from Buhari's charade and let Abubakar Malami carry all the blames

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by wolexy14(m): 4:57am On Apr 03, 2022
Dey run dem street .....kala...daju

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by donald017: 4:57am On Apr 03, 2022
I thought buhari has already told the elect chairman to refund everyone the purchase the form, we just need God to intervene in this our country I still don't know why Mr president so cluess like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Kazeem47(m): 4:57am On Apr 03, 2022
Transfer window between APC and PDP will open soon.You will be hearing 'Defected to APC,Defected to PDP".

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by hannysur8(m): 4:58am On Apr 03, 2022
Buhari always promise and fails

2 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by ShakurMY(m): 4:58am On Apr 03, 2022
They should be patient, they will all be refunded
Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Blackfire(m): 5:03am On Apr 03, 2022
And how does that concern you wailers ?

Mind your own business
Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by kolnel: 5:04am On Apr 03, 2022
lol
APC na scam party.
I wonder where over 120 aspirants got the huge amount of money to buy the form.
proceeds of corruption.
I'm sure they won't be refunded.
APC- promise and fail

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Houseofglam7(f): 5:06am On Apr 03, 2022
Gone baby gone

2 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Donshegxy10(m): 5:09am On Apr 03, 2022
Any sensible person knows that in nigeria it takes time to get refund.

In december when i had a failed transaction on access bank ATM, i waited for 28 working days before i was refunded.

Nah family matter, they will settle themselves.
Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by observer88: 5:09am On Apr 03, 2022
Loyal party men now loyally scammed...

Berra giv dem bak dem mono! cry cry

3 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by ArmaniUhuru: 5:09am On Apr 03, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Scammers don scam scammers

In Naira Marley’s voice “OLE NI EVERYBODY”

2 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by LibertyRep: 5:10am On Apr 03, 2022
The money spent on the form is just a fraction of the entire fund spent on the campaign.

1 Like

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by IKBARUTEN11(m): 5:10am On Apr 03, 2022
All

Promises

Cancelled

2 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by IKBARUTEN11(m): 5:11am On Apr 03, 2022
Mooh247:

It is very obvious Tunde Idiagbon was the righteous incorruptible leader of the 80s Buhari regime

Thank God Professor Yemi Osinbajo SAN was smart to distance himself from Buhari's charade and let Abubakar Malami carry all the blames

Believe it or not, Osibanjo is the worst VP naija ever had so far

5 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by slowice(m): 5:14am On Apr 03, 2022
They believed the promises of a man that have failed Nigerians daily for sever years and counting grin grin

The joke is on them undecided

3 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:14am On Apr 03, 2022
It's a family affair.
In as much it does not affect the common man. It's a fine.

1 Like

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by opribo(m): 5:15am On Apr 03, 2022
APC be like Ponzi scheme.

5 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by greymiles: 5:15am On Apr 03, 2022
ShakurMY:
They should be patient, they will all be refunded
As per patient dog wey dem be na

4 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Lightorder: 5:15am On Apr 03, 2022
Mooh247:

is it only distance ? Velocity himself

1 Like

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by ceaser: 5:16am On Apr 03, 2022
Yahoo yahoo party.

One of the member of the opposition parties few days ago called the APC this name hinging it upon their refusal to fulfil their promises to Nigerians.

At that time, I agreed with the guy but with a caveat that his party would have done the same if they were in power as none of the parties could be trusted.

It seems APC just again validated the accusation.

Yahoo yahoo party, scamming even their own members.

1 Like

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Safyqueen: 5:17am On Apr 03, 2022
Mooh247:

Just dey make yourself happy because of religion. Osinbajo is completely sunk and involved in this present mess. No way for escape please.

4 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by Henrinos: 5:17am On Apr 03, 2022
If buhari say come he means go and if he say go he means come

2 Likes

Re: APC Fails To Refund Over 120 Aspirants One Week After Convention by FoolaniHellman: 5:18am On Apr 03, 2022
Yahoo Yahoo Government grin cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Governorship Election: Who Do You Think Will Win On Saturday? / Tinubu Meets Service Chiefs Over Rising Insecurity / Why I Went To Cote D'ivorie; I Didn't Run Away - Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.