Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,819 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate (39573 Views)

Ooni And Wuraola Visit Sultan Of Sokoto In His Palace. See Photos / Shehu Uthman Dan Fodio Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 8:47am On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

You are not making any sense but typing balderdash.

I ask again, which of Akin Ogundiran's work? Name dropping people does nothing to me. Cite which of his work talks about Obatala and Oduduwa at Lafogido's burial site, I am waiting.

Secret Ancient association like what? cheesy

Quit name dropping, I have Frobenius's Voice of Africa work, volume 1 & 2 which I have read page to page.

Eithee you are not very bright or you have a hard time comprehending what you are supposedly reading and the theory/philosophy guiding the author's research patterns.

Frobenius, Bascom, Willet and a number of European researchers have worked on Ife yes. Leave these works and go to read books of culture historians or Ife historians - Eluyemi, Fashogbon & Fabunmi. All of their works in entirety.

Olu317 the Jew. cheesy
You are the intending PhD. here . So,I need not be specific about Akin Ogundiran's work or his interpretation as well as other archeologists either of a Nigerian background or Europeans on some artifacts . Find yourself a good sponsor of international repute and work up your butt to get information. Travel to UK museum and some Europeans museums where some of these arts are stationed . Perhaps, luck may shine on you but expecting me to give full details on what you need to have knowledge on is practically incoherent. Indeed you have portrayed uncultured attitude of not being called true “Omoluabi". If you don't know what secret associations are, then, you are not YORUBA.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 9:16am On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

Your ignorance of the fact that only Oyo was regarded as Yoruba by the Hausa shows you are poorly read in Yoruba history.

Conduct a personal research, I am not going to go back and forth over a known fact and I am not going to keep teaching you things.

Oh, I see you are fighting this fact because it theeatens the basis of your false Canaan theory cheesy.
I DIDN'T READ YORUBA BOOKS ONLY BUT READ WIDER. IMAGINE THE BOOKS YOU QUOTED AND YOU WANT TO RIVAL ME? THROW AWAY YOUR PAPER PHD CERTIFICATE AND GO TO THE FIELD AND WORK . YOUR CHRISTIANITY BIASED APPROACH ALONE SPEAKS OF WHO YOU ARE. READ ABOUT THE PERSPECTIVE OF OTHER SCHOLARS e. g PROFESSOR MODUPE ODUYOYE(writer and philologist), Sheik Dr. Abu Abdullah Adelabu etc. And again GO STUDY MANDEN KURAFABA EMPIRE.... FOR A START.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 9:20am On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

Your ignorance of the fact that only Oyo was regarded as Yoruba by the Hausa shows you are poorly read in Yoruba history.

Conduct a personal research, I am not going to go back and forth over a known fact and I am not going to keep teaching you things.

Oh, I see you are fighting this fact because it theeatens the basis of your false Canaan theory cheesy.
I DIDN'T READ YORUBA BOOKS ONLY BUT READ WIDER. IMAGINE THE BOOKS YOU QUOTED AND YOU WANT TO RIVAL ME? THROW AWAY YOUR PAPER PHD CERTIFICATE AND GO TO THE FIELD AND WORK . YOUR CHRISTIANITY BIASED APPROACH ALONE SPEAKS OF WHO YOU ARE. READ ABOUT THE PERSPECTIVE OF OTHER SCHOLARS e. g PROFESSOR MODUPE ODUYOYE(writer and philologist), Sheik Dr. Abu Abdullah Adelabu etc. And again GO STUDY MANDEN KURAFABA EMPIRE.... FOR A START AND YOU WILL LEARN MORE. .
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

I asked in my previous post what compound in Ife Owa Luusi left from but you evaded it.

I wanted to let you slide but since you said Owa Luusi were always coming to Ife then please state what compound they come to. I'll personally go to Ife to this compound to find out.

Before tribal marks were abolished? cheesy

You should stick to the history of Netanyahu's peoples. You are very weak with Yoruba history. For your information, tribal marks were banned in Ife from inception as it was only for slaves and non-Ife.

Ife people didn't wear tribal marks until migrants from other Yoruba towns began to come in to settle and the need to differentiate.

Also, the royal compounds are scattered and in order to know who is who, styles of tribal marks were introduced.

Tribal were not abolished. In fact, they were introduced due to the two factors above.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN DEALING WITH YOU ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW JACK SHIT. WHERE DID I INFORM ON LUUSI COMING BACK AND FORTH? I AM NOT TELLING YOU ANYTHING ABOUT HIM. MENTION YOU OWN GREAT GRANDFATHER WHO FOUGHT LIKE AJAMAIYE( ALMOST 9TH GENERATIONAL SON OF LUSI AROGUNDADE AROTE MÀ BERU) GO AND ASK HOW AYIKI TI BECAME OONI .THE REFERENCE IN OONI'S EULOGY IS ENOUGH FOR YOU. DEAL WITH IT. SWORD PASS SWORD..... AND STILL ON THE TRIBAL MARK, IT IS A TASK FOR YOU TO FIND OUT. I ALREADY KNOW THE HISTORY, SO DEAL WITH IT AGAIN. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT ME. GO TO ODO AND ASK THEM. FURTHERMORE YOU CAN ASK THOSE THAT KNOWS ILE IFE HISTORY....
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by 2prexios: 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2017

MetaPhysical:

I am not questioning your expertise, its why I opened with "respectfully". Lol.

Im speaking generally now.

Where we find an object in use at location A is also used in location B and C, bearing similarity in construction and with same application, should we dismiss it as a chance distribution, or does it need further look into perharps to establish commonality and origin?

In particular we find religious objects and articles of faith in Yorubaland duplicated in a specific spot on the globe,not once or twice but in consistent multiple occurrences. I would say mundane objects are perharps chance distribution but I would be more cautious attributing "chance" to rites of worship.

Im moving about and so my participation is disjointed. When I settlr in at home later and can collect thoughts I wil share more.

The building brick of scientific conclusion starts from observation. The law of gravity was always there from creation, however, when Isaac Newton observe a fallen apple fruit by his side, he discovered the law of gravity via the incidence. People hemmed into status quo detest you questioning their worldview.

The man Newton wandered in a way a self conceited person or an 'unscientific person' may see as stupid question, he said 'why don't the apple fly to the sky in opposite direction?' A scientific fact is borne from observation, hypothesis, theory and then if unchallenged it becomes a law.

A fool was 'teaching' me to opt for 'believe theory', who does not have a fixed idea about the simplest subject of his curiosity since forever that he has been lobbying his accolades for data. Can someone whose idea fail at conceptualizing a basic grammatic expression have any clue to the cryptic meaning of a Yoruba word?

Iranjedite

It depends on what the objective of your research is.

Across the globe we find similar phenomena in cultures and yes they can be further researched and treated as an open ended comparative study in most cases but not commonality of origin. Why? Early history of independently different cultures have shown similarities, surface level or deep, without any necessary similar origin.

Besides, in researching (the science) or writing history (the art), there are set rules to be followed. Else, historians would have written histories of many nations following the patterns displayed here. Look for two cultures with some similarities then slap them together as one.

I have a question: since it is generally agreed that the earlist men lived in Africa first. Why is the theory pushed by you, absolutesuccess, 2prexios and Olu317 not done in reverse?

That is Ife existed first and the Jews, Canaanites, Egyptians tookwhatever similarities we find in their culture away from Yoruba land to the places they settled rather than we looking up to them as the source of our migration and culture?

If I may ask, does 'general agreement' translate to scientific fact? Those saying civilisation started from Africa doesn't generally patronize Ife, they are either thinking Egypt or Kenya or bush men or East Africa for its rich fauna species. How did these tool of researching instructive of your findings here and now?
Since you are attached to biological precept coming from Charles Darwin's 'on the origin of species', am I to believe ife is the home of [I]the great ape[/i] from where Jew, Canaanites and Egyptians come out? So the story Charles Darwin popularise is taken from Yorubaland?

Or can you attach significance to general agreement and deprive me of such? So if I don't believe in evolution, it means I'm not intelligent? Then if your answer is yes, it simply means something. Wait, what is the 'home story' where this conclusion emanated from?

Why is it wrong to have my own idea of what is 'generally agreed' other than your 'accepted' version that springs from Darwinism? What's similarity in Yoruba and Darwimism?

I'm not suppose to have an idea. You only use the rule of researching to grip the opponent, you fly into speculations and baseless assumptions to spin the detail. You people lack ideas, same old story.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by 2prexios: 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2017

absoluteSuccess:

Alright brother.

I'm not intending to be a jerk, but do you see different Oduduwa at these places and whatever link them as one or separate them as entity?

And what do you mean by 'we recognise the creation story'? There are many recognised creation stories, I need to know the one in reference here.

Hello iranjedita,

This your response below expose you as imaginary historian who create answers as deem fit, the Oduduwa you gave back to me are the same number and identical to places I've recently mentioned in my post. There is no Oduduwa in Awori, Keteu, Ado Odo. Why not your own studied examples to advance your claims?

How come its a title?

Iranjedita

How many people are called Oduduwa in total, do you know?

I see them as different people and Oduduwa-ship as a status to be attained.

The creation story in Ifa - rooster, sand, water, obatala, palm wine and stuf

This indeed is an evidence that you can create as many Oduduwa as possible for political correctness! So Oduduwa is a title because you see the name as a title, no more no less. What a conclusion. But its forbidden for others to see Oduduwa otherwise because they don't follow your prescribed scientific research methodology.

IranjeIdita:

The creation story in Ifa - cock, sand, water, obatala, palm wine and stuff.

You are proud of Yoruba history but fail to tell the story from the scientific method at your disposal. How is this cock and bull story a history?
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

What is now called Opa Oranmiyan is just one of the many obelisks in Ife but it is the tallest/longest. This same opa oranmiyan obelisk with nails hammered in it shares the same markings and patterns with other shorter obelisk found around Ife. This obelisks when dated showed it was made around 350BCE which means Ife existed long before 350BCE - this means Ile Ife existed while Israel existed, both cut off from and independent of each other and neither was an offshoot of the other.

Apart from inscriptions found on these obelisks, the writings found in Ilase, Oluorogbo's town now occupied by kin kinfolks headed by Obalase are also worthy of mention and are still being worked on to be deciphered.

FACTS DON'T LIE : YORUBA WERE MIGRANTS TO ILE IFE

THE OLDEST HUMAN BONES PROVES IN AFRICA

A skeleton first discovered in South Africa in 1994 has been confirmed as the earliest evidence of homonids on Earth.
Nicknamed Little Foot, the 3.67-million-year-old skeleton was once part of the primate family that eventually led to early humans. Or, to give it its official name, Australopithecus prometheus.
Scientists have debated the age of Little Foot, believing it to be anything between 2 million and 4 million years old.

THE OLDEST HUMAN BONE OUTSIDE AFRICA WAS FOUND IN ISRAEL
An ancient human skull found in Israel could be one of the most important discoveries in understanding the history of human evolution. The 55,000-year-old skull found inside Manot Cave in northern Israel seven years ago was recently declared the oldest skull found outside of Africa. This rare fossil indicates that homo sapiens, our human race, originated in East Africa and migrated to the Middle East about 50,000-70,000 years ago.
The skull was accidentally discovered in the Western Galilee in 2008 when an unknown cave that had been sealed off for at least 30,000 years was exposed by a bulldozer operator. Inside of the cave, researchers from Israeli universities discovered a calcite-covered fragment of a small, anatomically modern human skull.

OLDEST AT IWO ELERU INCLUSIVE FALSIFIED 350BCE ISN'T OLD ENOUGH TO MATCH THE ACCOUNT

The cast of the Iwo Eleru skull shows marks of a more ancient ancestor
"[The skull] has got a much more primitive appearance, even though it is only 13,000 years old," said Chris Stringer, from London's Natural History Museum, who was part of the team of researchers.
"This suggests that human evolution in Africa was more complex... the transition to modern humans was not a straight transition and then a cut off."
Prof Stringer thinks that ancient humans did not die away once they had given rise to modern humans.

I am waiting for these ILE IFE APOLOGISTS CLAIMING ILE IFE DEVELOPED INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE REST OF AFRICA IN 350 BCE AS WELL BEING THE BEGINNING OF HUMANITY... THESE LAUGHABLE SET OF BRAINS WHO ARE UNWILLING TO ADD VALUE TO THEIR KNOWLEDGE TO AT LEAST INCREASE TO WISDOM .THEY REALLY NEED TO THINK TWICE.. I ADVICE SUCH SET OF PEOPLE TO TRAVEL TO PLACES AND MUSEUMS. I SALUTE THE DEPTH OF ANCIENT YORUBAS WHO HAD DONE GREAT WORK IN THE ART AND ORGANISATION OF THE PEOPLE....GOD BLESS THE YORUBA ANCESTORS
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 4:03pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

What is now called Opa Oranmiyan is just one of the many obelisks in Ife but it is the tallest/longest. This same opa oranmiyan obelisk with nails hammered in it shares the same markings and patterns with other shorter obelisk found around Ife. This obelisks when dated showed it was made around 350BCE which means Ife existed long before 350BCE - this means Ile Ife existed while Israel existed, both cut off from and independent of each other and neither was an offshoot of the other.

Apart from inscriptions found on these obelisks, the writings found in Ilase, Oluorogbo's town now occupied by kin kinfolks headed by Obalase are also worthy of mention and are still being worked on to be deciphered.

A skeleton first discovered in South Africa in 1994 has been confirmed as the earliest evidence of homonids on Earth.
Nicknamed Little Foot, the 3.67-million-year-old skeleton was once part of the primate family that eventually led to early humans. Or, to give it its official name, Australopithecus prometheus.
Scientists have debated the age of Little Foot, believing it to be anything between 2 million and 4 million years old.

An ancient human skull found in Israel could be one of the most important discoveries in understanding the history of human evolution. The 55,000-year-old skull found inside Manot Cave in northern Israel seven years ago was recently declared the oldest skull found outside of Africa. This rare fossil indicates that homo sapiens, our human race, originated in East Africa and migrated to the Middle East about 50,000-70,000 years ago.
The skull was accidentally discovered in the Western Galilee in 2008 when an unknown cave that had been sealed off for at least 30,000 years was exposed by a bulldozer operator. Inside of the cave, researchers from Israeli universities discovered a calcite-covered fragment of a small, anatomically modern human skull.

OLDEST AT IWO ELERU INCLUSIVE FALSIFIED 350BCE ISN'T OLD ENOUGH TO MATCH THE ACCOUNT

"[The skull] has got a much more primitive appearance, even though it is only 13,000 years old," said Chris Stringer, from London's Natural History Museum, who was part of the team of researchers.
"This suggests that human evolution in Africa was more complex... the transition to modern humans was not a straight transition and then a cut off."
Prof Stringer thinks that ancient humans did not die away once they had given rise to modern humans.

I am waiting for these ILE IFE APOLOGISTS CLAIMING ILE IFE DEVELOPED INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE REST OF AFRICA IN 350 BCE AS WELL BEING THE BEGINNING OF HUMANITY... THESE LAUGHABLE SET OF BRAINS WHO ARE UNWILLING TO ADD VALUE TO THEIR KNOWLEDGE TO AT LEAST INCREASE TO WISDOM .THEY REALLY NEED TO THINK TWICE.. I ADVICE SUCH SET OF PEOPLE TO TRAVEL TO PLACES AND MUSEUMS. I SALUTE THE DEPTH OF ANCIENT YORUBAS WHO HAD DONE GREAT WORK IN THE ART AND ORGANISATION OF THE PEOPLE....GOD BLESS THE YORUBA ANCESTORS cool
IranjeIdita:

I am waiting for these ILE IFE APOLOGISTS CLAIMING ILE IFE DEVELOPED INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE REST OF AFRICA IN 350 BCE AS WELL BEING THE BEGINNING OF HUMANITY... THESE LAUGHABLE SET OF BRAINS WHO ARE UNWILLING TO ADD VALUE TO THEIR KNOWLEDGE TO AT LEAST INCREASE TO WISDOM .THEY REALLY NEED TO THINK TWICE.. I ADVICE SUCH SET OF PEOPLE TO TRAVEL TO PLACES AND MUSEUMS. I SALUTE THE DEPTH OF ANCIENT YORUBAS WHO HAD DONE GREAT WORK IN THE ART AND ORGANISATION OF THE PEOPLE....GOD BLESS THE YORUBA ANCESTORS

Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2017
Olu317:

I am waiting for these ILE IFE APOLOGISTS CLAIMING ILE IFE DEVELOPED INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE REST OF AFRICA IN 350 BCE AS WELL BEING THE BEGINNING OF HUMANITY... THESE LAUGHABLE SET OF BRAINS WHO ARE UNWILLING TO ADD VALUE TO THEIR KNOWLEDGE TO AT LEAST INCREASE TO WISDOM .THEY REALLY NEED TO THINK TWICE.. I ADVICE SUCH SET OF PEOPLE TO TRAVEL TO PLACES AND MUSEUMS. I SALUTE THE DEPTH OF ANCIENT YORUBAS WHO HAD DONE GREAT WORK IN THE ART AND ORGANISATION OF THE PEOPLE....GOD BLESS THE YORUBA ANCESTORS cool FACTS DON'T LIE : YORUBA WERE MIGRANTS TO ILE IFE

Lol

The struggle to identify with Israel is real cheesy

Oh boy, religion induced mental slavery & a bit of inferiority disorder nor be small thing o.

The debate with you is now very comical because I can see your emotions spilling everywhere. The worst part is these emotions are clouding your ability to reason objectively.

A google search would have revealed the oldest human fossil out of Africa is in China and not in Israel and that of Israel you mentioned was in fact a failed migration; the migrnats perished.

Here:

Fossil finds from China have shaken up the traditional narrative of humankind's dispersal from Africa.

Scientists working in Daoxian, south China, have discovered teeth belonging to modern humans that date to at least 80,000 years ago.

This is 20,000 years earlier than the widely accepted "Out of Africa" migration that led to the successful peopling of the globe by our species.

Details of the work are outlined in the journal Nature.

Read further here: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-34531861

As for Iwo Eleru, we are glad such a fossil could be found. Meanwhile, if you were properly functioning upstairs outside the intoxication of religion, you would know that the soil in this part of Africa is not very conducive for fossilization. Else, more discoveries would have been made like other parts of the world.

It is sad that in order to validate your mental attachment to Jesus worship, you have failed to understand that -

- Nobody said the people of Ife did not migrate to where they are from East Africa or from around the Sahara.

- What I & other older scholars are saying is that, as at when Israel/Canaan & parts of middle east were thriving, life & settlement in Ife had already began as far back as 350BCE thereby making Israel/Canaan contemporaries of Ife.

- This leaves the option of older cultures or settlements in East or the Sahara when it was a lush vegetation before desertification.

Olu the Israeli cheesy
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
2prexios:

Hello iranjedita,

This your response below expose you as imaginary historian who create answers as deem fit, the Oduduwa you gave back to me are the same number and identical to places I've recently mentioned in my post. There is no Oduduwa in Awori, Keteu, Ado Odo. Why not your own studied examples to advance your claims?

How come its a title?

This indeed is an evidence that you can create as many Oduduwa as possible for political correctness! So Oduduwa is a title because you see the name as a title, no more no less. What a conclusion. But its forbidden for others to see Oduduwa otherwise because they don't follow your prescribed scientific research methodology.

You are proud of Yoruba history but fail to tell the story from the scientific method at your disposal. How is this cock and bull story a history?

If you read my exchanges with the other person you would realize it was just a banter around why therr were male & female oduduwa.

He asked what creation myth & I referenced the one in Ifa about cock & sand.

If you want, go back to see what the banter was about. I lack energy yo begin a restructure of what was said before.

Enjoy.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 06, 2017
Olu317:
I AM NOT INTERESTED IN DEALING WITH YOU ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW JACK SHIT. WHERE DID I INFORM ON LUUSI COMING BACK AND FORTH? I AM NOT TELLING YOU ANYTHING ABOUT HIM. MENTION YOU OWN GREAT GRANDFATHER WHO FOUGHT LIKE AJAMAIYE( ALMOST 9TH GENERATIONAL SON OF LUSI AROGUNDADE AROTE MÀ BERU) GO AND ASK HOW AYIKI TI BECAME OONI .THE REFERENCE IN OONI'S EULOGY IS ENOUGH FOR YOU. DEAL WITH IT. SWORD PASS SWORD..... AND STILL ON THE TRIBAL MARK, IT IS A TASK FOR YOU TO FIND OUT. I ALREADY KNOW THE HISTORY, SO DEAL WITH IT AGAIN. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT ME. GO TO ODO AND ASK THEM. FURTHERMORE YOU CAN ASK THOSE THAT KNOWS ILE IFE HISTORY....

Loooooooooool

It is either you are bipolar or you have a problem recollecting what you typed.

In your previous post you said Luusi descendants returned to Ife for initiations and stuff. I hope you are fine mentally as this surprises me.

Anybody who reads this post of yours would think you have substance grin

So Ajamaye enthroned Ojaja 1 in Ife too ehn?

Your delusion is grand.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 06, 2017
Olu317:
I DIDN'T READ YORUBA BOOKS ONLY BUT READ WIDER. IMAGINE THE BOOKS YOU QUOTED AND YOU WANT TO RIVAL ME? THROW AWAY YOUR PAPER PHD CERTIFICATE AND GO TO THE FIELD AND WORK . YOUR CHRISTIANITY BIASED APPROACH ALONE SPEAKS OF WHO YOU ARE. READ ABOUT THE PERSPECTIVE OF OTHER SCHOLARS e. g PROFESSOR MODUPE ODUYOYE(writer and philologist), Sheik Dr. Abu Abdullah Adelabu etc. And again GO STUDY MANDEN KURAFABA EMPIRE.... FOR A START AND YOU WILL LEARN MORE. .

Looooooooooooooool

This man wants me to go and read fantasy books cheesy

You humour me greatly.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 06, 2017
Olu317:
You are the intending PhD. here . So,I need not be specific about Akin Ogundiran's work or his interpretation as well as other archeologists either of a Nigerian background or Europeans on some artifacts . Find yourself a good sponsor of international repute and work up your butt to get information. Travel to UK museum and some Europeans museums where some of these arts are stationed . Perhaps, luck may shine on you but expecting me to give full details on what you need to have knowledge on is practically incoherent. Indeed you have portrayed uncultured attitude of not being called true “Omoluabi". If you don't know what secret associations are, then, you are not YORUBA.

Loooooooooool.

What nonsense secret association, mention the goddamned name make I bust your lie. cheesy

Keep in mind I'm an awo of Ifa, Obatala & Ogboni in Ife; my family compound on two sides are solid in Ife (Ile Olorisa & Orunto) mention this secret association first.

Even my supervisor does mot tell me to go and read mass of literatures for minor information. Serious scholars who know what they are doing cite authors, the book and chapters they are referencing.

Just admit you are name deopoing and there's nothing in your head other than Israel.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by 2prexios: 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

If you read my exchanges with the other person you would realize it was just a banter around why therr were male & female oduduwa.

He asked what creation myth & I referenced the one in Ifa about cock & sand.

If you want, go back to see what the banter was about. I lack energy yo begin a restructure of what was said before.

Enjoy.

I shook my head reading this.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
Olu317:
what are you even inferring? Only Oyo had what? If you know Oyo so well, then define who Oyo people were. Before I knock off your view .Thank you

Apparently, you are not bright.

You truly did not know Yoruba was a term solely referring to Oyo people until returnee slavesthe likes Samuel Johnson & Ajayi Crowther adapted it to general use?

You did not know even as recent as the 20th century the difference was still present that the newspaper then was called 'Iwe Irohin Yoruba ati Egba'

You seriously didn't know the Yoruba/Yoruba/Yeriba mentioned by Ahmed Baba & the Hausa rulers was Oyo?

And you claimed to read widely, smh grin

I need to stop going back and forth with you. I do not want this level of ignorance rubbing off on me.

I am wowed by this!
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 06, 2017
lx3as:

Exactly! Oduduwa later became title many individuals held hence the confusion on Oduduwa of Ife creation and that of later immigrants' leaders from the East.

Why do we have several Ifes even in Igalaland?

Why do princes strived to maintain their bloodline by married only from royal families in those days?

Do you believe or have discovered Yoruba's origin to be one?

Why is it that the oldest discovered bones were found in Iwo Eleru, near Akure rather than Ife?

Why did Yoruba neighbours failed to have the same refined art or civilization like Ife?...

Do you believe in Atlantis creation of Ife and their connection with ancient Egypt and Greek?

Can you list the origins of people that came to Ife and Yorubaland?...

- my thought about Oduduwa becoming a title was only put forward to understand & accommodate the other person's perspective of female Oduduwa in Ketu. Nonetheless, there were the Oduduwa & Obatala creation story & the actual Oduduwa & Obatala humans in Ife history, whichever came first is yet to be known by me.

- the different Ifes were as a result of migration.

- what princes?

- No. Not even the origin of peoples in Ife is one.

- the skull was dated to be 13,000 years old (700 AD). Obelisks in Ife were dated 500 - 800 AD. Did ghosts structure these obelisks? As I read on archeology forum sometime back, the environment here is not very suitable for fossilization which makes findings of animal & human remains a bit rare in these parts.

- Ife neighbours like?

- No, I don't. I believe migrants from Sahara area populated Ife & other older cultures.

- That will take a lot of research with open ended or guessed conclusions. I would rather not bother about origins of the earliest peoples.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by lx3as(m): 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

- my thought about Oduduwa becoming a title was only put forward to understand & accommodate the other person's perspective of female Oduduwa in Ketu. Nonetheless, there were the Oduduwa & Obatala creation story & the actual Oduduwa & Obatala humans in Ife history, whichever came first is yet to be known by me.

- the different Ifes were as a result of migration.

- what princes?

- No. Not even the origin of peoples in Ife is one.

- the skull was dated to be 13,000 years old (700 AD). Obelisks in Ife were dated 500 - 800 AD. Did ghosts structure these obelisks? As I read on archeology forum sometime back, the environment here is not very suitable for fossilization which makes findings of animal & human remains a bit rare in these parts.

- Ife neighbours like?

- No, I don't. I believe migrants from Sahara area populated Ife & other older cultures.

- That will take a lot of research with open ended or guessed conclusions. I would rather not bother about origins of the earliest peoples.

Thanks.
The European explorers and historians were marvelled at purities of Ife Art compare with what were obtained in neighbouring kingdoms like Igodomigodo, Ewe, Tapa, Igbo, etc,at the same period.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 10:03pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

Apparently, you are not bright.

You truly did not know Yoruba was a term solely referring to Oyo people until returnee slavesthe likes Samuel Johnson & Ajayi Crowther adapted it to general use?

You did not know even as recent as the 20th century the difference was still present that the newspaper then was called 'Iwe Irohin Yoruba ati Egba'

You seriously didn't know the Yoruba/Yoruba/Yeriba mentioned by Ahmed Baba & the Hausa rulers was Oyo?

And you claimed to read widely, smh grin

I need to stop going back and forth with you. I do not want this level of ignorance rubbing off on me.

I am wowed by this!
I am really tired at your understanding of this word called Yoruba. But it was easy to say everybody came out of ILE IFE. Am I correct? Oyo was barely established standard Kingdom in 15th century. kindly inform me since, you are the wise one; Who are the people called OYO? please help me on this issue for truth sake. Where did oyo came from? What tribe did they came out from? what made people went to OYO instead of ILE IFE? , You are the expert here....May be if you had a little bit of economics study at the University ,perhaps,it would had helped. This your archaic methodologies is quite unacceptable.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by OlaoChi: 10:11pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

That is a story of deities in Ifa, a myth.

It is about Ogun & Oduduwa.

There's another one about Orunmila & Oduduwa,

Except he suffered from vitiligo grin

so there was no controversy over his paternity? Btw what clan did the Ooni Ogun belong to?
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

Loooooooooool

It is either you are bipolar or you have a problem recollecting what you typed.

In your previous post you said Luusi descendants returned to Ife for initiations and stuff. I hope you are fine mentally as this surprises me.

Anybody who reads this post of yours would think you have substance grin

So Ajamaye enthroned Ojaja 1 in Ife too ehn?

Your delusion is grand.
You are the Awo as you claimed but I respect protocol in the land of my ancestors. I assume, you did all the Secrets association at ILE IFE. Good for you,thus speak about the type of people being initiated to society and boastful of something normal for 1,000,000+ people... I KNOW PRINCE AJAIMAYE DIDN'T CROWN THE KING! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE THEY CROWN US BUT TELL ME OF YOUR OWN GREAT GRAND FATHER IN THE LIKE OF AJAMAIYE... OMO OKE RI ILE..... OMO ALAGADA OGUN . IT IS AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL. YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE......
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 06, 2017
Olu317:
I am really tired at your understanding of this word called Yoruba. But it was easy to say everybody came out of ILE IFE. Am I correct? Oyo was barely established standard Kingdom in 15th century. kindly inform me since, you are the wise one; Who are the people called OYO? please help me on this issue for truth sake. Where did oyo came from? What tribe did they came out from? what made people went to OYO instead of ILE IFE? , You are the expert here....May be if you had a little bit of economics study at the University ,perhaps,it would had helped. This your archaic methodologies is quite unacceptable.

How is it hard to understand that Oyo ile was called Yeriba/Yoruba by Ahmed Baba & Hausa people?

Yeriba/Yoruba was what people of Oyo ile were called.

It is not about where Oyo people came from, what tribe or whatever. It is common knowledge that each Yoruba subgroup identified by its peculiar name - Oyo ile, to the Hausa was called Yeriba/Yoruba.

Yoruba as an encompassing term for every sub group did not start until later.

In the first page of this thread, the OP's posted that on the first page, the footnote says

312 Yoruba (or more correctly, Yaraba) is the usual Hausa name for Oyo (as noted e.g. by Clapperton 1829, 4); but cf. also below No.66e for its use in a more general sense.

https://www.nairaland.com/706150/yoruba-canaanite-narrated-muhammad-bello

The development of Yoruba identity in the late nineteenth century falls well within this view from without. According to the standard narrative, “Yoruba” was a Hausa or Fulani term designating Old Oyo, later extended to its southern vassals and neighbors who were otherwise organized into subcul- tural groups such as Egba, Egbado, Ijesha, Ijebu, Ondo, Ekiti, and Akoko but lacked any overarching identity as such.

http://www.history.ucla.edu/sites/default/files/u184/apter/apter.offprint.pdf

Law (1997: 206, 216 n. 11) ventures the earliest appearance of the ethnonym in a West African Arabic language source from 1615 (a Muslim treatise on enslavable infidels), and cites Bowdich (1819: 208–9) to document the use of the term among Muslim resi- dents of Kumasi in 1817.1 In his monumental History of the Yorubas, Samuel Johnson (1921: 5) quotes a “copious extract” from Denham and Clapperton (1826, app. 12, p. 22), who translated an Arabic manuscript by Sultan Mohammed Bello of Sokoto that describes “Yarba” as “an extensive province” whose people bought slaves from the north and “resold them to the Christians” who transshipped them from the coast. The appropriation of “Yoruba” as a con- scious term of self-identification also occurred from without, among the Aku community of liberated slaves in Freetown, where the CMS with protégé Samuel Ajayi Crowther standardized Yoruba language and orthography for what became the elite consolidation of a Pan-Yoruba identity (Ajayi 1960). This occurred slowly and unevenly, beginning with Oyo as “Yoruba proper” and gradually expanding into a wider regional identity through the ideological framework of a Christian nation (Peel 1989; 2000). More recently, Matory (1999; 2005) has judiciously demonstrated that a crucial contribution to modern Yoruba identity came from late nineteenth-century African-Brazilian travelers to Lagos whose manifold impact on the Lagosian Renaissance left a lasting legacy of cultural nationalism.

In simpler terms, Oyo were the supposed migrants from Mecca according to the Hausa stories.

Here:

On the other hand was the tradition that the Yorùbá migrated to their present location from somewhere in Arabia. N.A. Fadipe, quoting Captain Clapperton, who adduced Sultan Belo of Sokoto as his source, noted that:
...the inhabitants of this province (Yarba), it is supposed, originated from the remnant of the children of Canaan, who were of the tribe of Nimrod. The cause of their establishment in the west of Africa, was, as it is stated, in consequence of their being driven by Yarrooba, son of Kahtan, out of Arabia to the Western coast between Egypt and Abyssinia. From that spot they advanced into the interior of Africa till they reached Yarba, where they fixed their residence. On their way they left in every place they stopped a tribe of their own people. Thus, it is supposed that all the tribes of the Soudan who inhabit the mountains originated from them, as also are the inhabitants of Yaory. Upon the whole the people of Yarba are nearly of the same description as those of Noofee (Nupe).75

https://openaccess.leidenuniv.nl/bitstream/handle/1887/20143/02.pdf?sequence=6
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

How is it hard to understand that Oyo ile was called Yeriba/Yoruba by Ahmed Baba & Hausa people?

Yeriba/Yoruba was what people of Oyo ile were called.

It is not about where Oyo people came from, what tribe or whatever. It is common knowledge that each Yoruba subgroup identified by its peculiar name - Oyo ile, to the Hausa was called Yeriba/Yoruba.

Yoruba as an encompassing term for every sub group did not start until later.

In the first page of this thread, the OP's posted that on the first page, the footnote says

https://www.nairaland.com/706150/yoruba-canaanite-narrated-muhammad-bello

In simpler terms, Oyo were the supposed migrants from Mecca according to the Hausa stories.

BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE BUT TRUTH CAN'T BE DESTROYED. IT IS ALWAYS LIKE THE SUN. IT SHINES FORTH AND UNSTOPPABLE. OYO MOVED OUTSIDE OF ILE IFE AND WHEN IT BECAME ROBUST, YORUBA MIGRATED TO THE PLACE AND BUILT IT TO THE STATUS IT ACQUIRED
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
OlaoChi:

so there was no controversy over his paternity? Btw what clan did the Ooni Ogun belong to?

Naw, only in Ifa to explain a situation.

Osangangan to Obalufon II were of Obatala's section trying to resume their lost position.

The Ogun in the Ooni Ogun's name is a nick name. Not to be confused with Ogun the deity.
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
Olu317:
BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE BUT TRUTH CAN'T BE DESTROYED. IT IS ALWAYS LIKE THE SUN. IT SHINES FORTH AND UNSTOPPABLE. OYO MOVED OUTSIDE OF ILE IFE AND WHEN IT BECAME ROBUST, YORUBA MIGRATED TO THE PLACE AND BUILT IT TO THE STATUS IT ACQUIRED

Lol

Your Canaan Israeli theory has fallen on its face and your feathers feel ruffled eh?

Sorry but your theory holds no water if you base it on the story of Ahmed Baba & Muhammed of Sokoto because they were talking about the people of Oyo Ile migrating from Canaan.

grin cheesy

Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

Lol

The struggle to identify with Israel is real cheesy

Oh boy, religion induced mental slavery & a bit of inferiority disorder nor be small thing o.

The debate with you is now very comical because I can see your emotions spilling everywhere. The worst part is these emotions are clouding your ability to reason objectively.

A google search would have revealed the oldest human fossil out of Africa is in China and not in Israel and that of Israel you mentioned was in fact a failed migration; the migrnats perished.

Here:

Read further here: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-34531861

As for Iwo Eleru, we are glad such a fossil could be found. Meanwhile, if you were properly functioning upstairs outside the intoxication of religion, you would know that the soil in this part of Africa is not very conducive for fossilization. Else, more discoveries would have been made like other parts of the world.

It is sad that in order to validate your mental attachment to Jesus worship, you have failed to understand that -

- Nobody said the people of Ife did not migrate to where they are from East Africa or from around the Sahara.

- What I & other older scholars are saying is that, as at when Israel/Canaan & parts of middle east were thriving, life & settlement in Ife had already began as far back as 350BCE thereby making Israel/Canaan contemporaries of Ife.

- This leaves the option of older cultures or settlements in East or the Sahara when it was a lush vegetation before desertification.

Olu the Israeli cheesy
You are always quick to jump the gun. I didn't mention the oldest but compared it with ILE IFE... And the ILE IFE that had no HUMAN TRACES at 350BC NOR 500BC? SHOW ME ONE EVIDENCE. PLEASE SHOW ME ONE EVIDENCE....DO YOU KNOW YEBU TOWN WAS IN EGYPT IN 300BC-500BC? STUDY YOUR ILE IFE AND TWIST THE STORY AND LET THOSE WHO HAVE FACTS HOLD ON TO IT TILL THE RIGHT TIME.. I AM SURE YOU WON'T ASK ME FOE IT. MY PRIVATE COLLECTION IS FOR MY AUDIENCE AT THE RIGHT TIME....
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2017
Olu317:
You are the Awo as you claimed but I respect protocol in the land of my ancestors. I assume, you did all the Secrets association at ILE IFE. Good for you,thus speak about the type of people being initiated to society and boastful of something normal for 1,000,000+ people... I KNOW PRINCE AJAIMAYE DIDN'T CROWN THE KING! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE THEY CROWN US BUT TELL ME OF YOUR OWN GREAT GRAND FATHER IN THE LIKE OF AJAMAIYE... OMO OKE RI ILE..... OMO ALAGADA OGUN . IT IS AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL. YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE......

Lol you may wabt to go further to verify my claims to all these awo, I'll be too glad to oblige you.

To you it is boastful, where I am from it is an open secret. Parents, Children, relatives and friends know who is in what, no biggie. It is not my problem that you are Jesus worshipping.

- Since Ajamaye did not enthrone Ojaja. What then did you mean by I should go to ask how Ayikiti became Ooni? I know you do not know and I'll give you a short quick history lesson. Ojaja was imposed on us by the Ibadan people. His sovereignty derived from Ibadan's military strength.

- You have ignored my many questions & want to engage in grandfather boastful banters. I tried to evade that but since you're reaching, I'll rip you a new one.

* Go to Ife and ask for Ile Olorisa.

* Whie Ooni crowns your king, my own fathers crown the Ooni since inception.

* while your king would prostrate flatly or touch the ground with his forehead before the Ooni, my grandfathers never prostrates nor bow to the Ooni till tomorrow.

* Only my house wears the same 'oshu' as the Ooni in the entire Yoruba land.

* While the Ooni occupies the political head in Ife, my grandfathers occupied/occupy the spiritual head in ife.

Do you still need me to go on?
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Olu317(m): 10:53pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

Lol

Your Canaan Israeli theory has fallen on its face and your feathers feel ruffled eh?

Sorry but your theory holds no water if you base it on the story of Ahmed Baba & Muhammed of Sokoto because they were talking about the people of Oyo Ile migrating from Canaan.

grin cheesy

My dear,of course not! How on earth would you think of it in the first place?. Emeritus professors Dr(s) etc told the story. So, you are far away from it. I can't share sensitive document meant for printing over self ego to proof a point. It is not my family like. Just. watch out. I will keep posting and your opinion can't stop people from seeing the truth. After all in One of the Odu that talked about Creation reaffirm Biblical information. This form of original creation was subdued due to human wickedness and it is not made popular...... I can't stop laughing at the deception of few that won't stop the glorious LIGHT...
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 06, 2017
Olu317:
You are always quick to jump the gun. I didn't mention the oldest but compared it with ILE IFE... And the ILE IFE that had no HUMAN TRACES at 350BC NOR 500BC? SHOW ME ONE EVIDENCE. PLEASE SHOW ME ONE EVIDENCE....DO YOU KNOW YEBU TOWN WAS IN EGYPT IN 300BC-500BC? STUDY YOUR ILE IFE AND TWIST THE STORY AND LET THOSE WHO HAVE FACTS HOLD ON TO IT TILL THE RIGHT TIME.. I AM SURE YOU WON'T ASK ME FOE IT. MY PRIVATE COLLECTION IS FOR MY AUDIENCE AT THE RIGHT TIME....

Lol.

Ife had no human traces in 350BCE? Are you serious right now?

You actually believe your concocted stuff is facts? grin
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2017
Olu317:
My dear,of course not! How on earth would you think of it in the first place. Emeritus professor told the story. So, you are far away from it. I can't share sensitive document meant for printing over self ego to proof a point. It is not my family like. Just. watch out. I will keep posting and your opinion can't stop people from seeing the truth. After all in One the Odu that talked about Creation. The original one was subdued due to human wickedness and it is not made popular...... I can't stop laughing at the deception of few that won't stop the glorious LIGHT...

Lol

Here we go with name dropping.

What Odu?
Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by OlaoChi: 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
2prexios:

The building brick of scientific conclusion starts from observation. The law of gravity was always there from creation, however, when Isaac Newton observe a fallen apple fruit by his side, he discovered the law of gravity via the incidence. People hemmed into status quo detest you questioning their worldview.

The man Newton wandered in a way a self conceited person or an 'unscientific person' may see as stupid question, he said 'why don't the apple fly to the sky in opposite direction?' A scientific fact is borne from observation, hypothesis, theory and then if unchallenged it becomes a law.

Observation of a natural phenomena, that is not the point of interest for African Historians. Observation of cultural practices should be, so what observations have you made? MetaPhysical brought Prostration

A fool was 'teaching' me to opt for 'believe theory', who does not have a fixed idea about the simplest subject of his curiosity since forever that he has been lobbying his accolades for data. Can someone whose idea fail at conceptualizing a basic grammatic expression have any clue to the cryptic meaning of a Yoruba word?

If I may ask, does 'general agreement' translate to scientific fact? Those saying civilisation started from Africa doesn't generally patronize Ife, they are either thinking Egypt or Kenya or bush men or East Africa for its rich fauna species. How did these tool of researching instructive of your findings here and now?
Since you are attached to biological precept coming from Charles Darwin's 'on the origin of species', am I to believe ife is the home of [I]the great ape[/i] from where Jew, Canaanites and Egyptians come out? So the story Charles Darwin popularise is taken from Yorubaland?

Or can you attach significance to general agreement and deprive me of such? So if I don't believe in evolution, it means I'm not intelligent? Then if your answer is yes, it simply means something. Wait, what is the 'home story' where this conclusion emanated from?

Why is it wrong to have my own idea of what is 'generally agreed' other than your 'accepted' version that springs from Darwinism? What's similarity in Yoruba and Darwimism?

I'm not suppose to have an idea. You only use the rule of researching to grip the opponent, you fly into speculations and baseless assumptions to spin the detail. You people lack ideas, same old story.

what is this man saying? who talked about charles darwin here? what brought about evolution? if you have qualms with biology that is your problem.
You obviously cannot tell that there is a difference between Biology and History. you called me a fool, i do not need to stoop to your low level by trading insults with someone who is ignorant and emotional about being TAUGHT a new thing. instead of mentioning metaphysic you should have come straight to do your sly attacks like a man

everything is wrong when you propagate ideas to be facts and insult those who question you and ask for evidence. if you have any dignity you would be ashamed of yourself. I will say it again, you are an Inventor of History and that makes you fake because history is not to be invented, it is not a field of ideas but findings.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by OlaoChi: 11:14pm On Mar 06, 2017
IranjeIdita:

Lol

grin cheesy

And even at that Mohammed bello of sokoto was totally wrong because Oyo origin is different from what he told, Oyo/yoruba had no connection to an arab called Yarub. how yorubas take the account of a fulani man without any knowledge of History outside the middle east over their origins is baffling

1 Like

Re: Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 06, 2017
OlaoChi:

And even at that Mohammed bello of sokoto was totally wrong because Oyo origin is different from what he told, Oyo/yoruba had no connection to an arab called Yarub. how yorubas take the account of a fulani man without any knowledge of History outside the middle east over their origins is baffling

Well, this is the basis of Canaan, Israel & Mecca theories that a number of Yoruba have ended up developing twisted minds over not knowing the Yoruba in the Hausa context was Oyo not Ife.

It is very funny though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! / Ojora Of Lagos, Oba Fatai Aremu Marries A New Wife (Photos, Video) / The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.