Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,361 members, 7,836,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa (9419 Views)

CBN’s Cashless Policy Has Reduced Terrorists' Activities In North East - Army / 2023: Naira Redesign Policy Has Minimised Influence Of Money In Politics- Buhari / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Buhari: Our No 1 Travel Blogger/Vlogger Is Back In Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by greatiyk4u(m): 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
lexy2014:

If it has just started and it hasn't ensure food security how then is it a fertilizer power house?

How has closing border moved nigeria forward?

But "sharing money" has been what the woman at humanitarian affairs ministry has been doing

I give up on you

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by Emir01: 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2022
SarkinYarki:

He cannot be remembered for that , the fertilizer plant and all it's funding happened during PDP , it was supposed to have been working since 2019 but Buharis bad governance killed it ..That Dangote went into fertilizer is because of great policy by Jonathan

PDP Sent Buhari to Morocco to struck the deal including Umahi, Ayade and other governors that accompanied him. Buhari also killed PDP national secretariat.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by wizelink(m): 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2022
For Naija everything is possible, fertilizer don turn to man food
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by blacknoir: 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2022
Oya take the fertilizer and eat
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by lexy2014: 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
greatiyk4u:

I give up on you

Are you saying that you can't answer the simple questions:

If it has just started and it hasn't ensure food security how then is it a fertilizer power house?

But "sharing money" has been what the woman at humanitarian affairs ministry has been doing
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
How will fertilizers not be adequate when farmers are no longer going to the farm due to bandits, Fulani herdsmen, kidnappers and ritualists. Still praising your deluded and incompetent self even to the face of a sinking nation.

My own is that you and your thieving lots will not see the end of me and innocent Nigerians in this country. We would see the end of y'all.
My own pain is the people supporting your lots due to tribalism even when they know these people are ridiculously corrupt and incompetent. I wish them the same nemesis that befalls you all.

Rather than Japa finally, I would work to build the Nigeria of my dreams. Not the one that my people would be turned to slaves by foreigners in their own country just to get their daily bread.

Nigerians are so damaged right now that the daily killings done on a regular basis has made everyone hard-hearted. Even the bandits have brought their war to the doorsteps of the armed forces - A Whole Kaduna. And you call yourself C -in C.....a total joke of a president and an exemplary of a bad leader all over the world.
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by chaloskyx: 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2022
na so what did you do with the abundance of god given resources called crude oil you wasted it all you are now claiming u want to make nigeria a fertilizer power house why not use that your fertilizer to improve farming in Nigeria and reduce imports by doing that you not only reduce you dependence but also increase exports and foreign exchange earning as well as strengthen the naira but no you want to help other nations develop their agric sector for us to buy their produce abi stupid leaders
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by onuman: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Your policies have made Nigeria to harbour the world's largest number of hungry and angry people also saddled and saddened by a high level of insecurity.
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by engrfaruq(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
How much is the fertiliser sef in the so-called fertilizer powerhouse
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by Abujakenneth: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
You are powerhouse of fertilizer yet you can't feed yourself. What an irony? wink
presidency:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday in Abuja attributed Nigeria’s rising prominence as Africa’s fertiliser powerhouse to the implementation of the right policies by the present administration.

‘‘With our over seventy blending plants operating, Nigeria is on its way to becoming Africa’s fertiliser powerhouse. And with our mega Urea production facilities, Nigeria is definitely a global player in the Urea space,’’ the President said at an audience with the Executive Committee of Fertiliser Producers and Suppliers Association of Nigeria (FEPSAN).

during the 2022 programme.

Also speaking, FEPSAN president, Thomas Etuh thanked President Buhari for commissioning two facilities by members of the association- Barbedos blending plant in Kaduna and the Dangote Urea plant in Lagos- within two months.

‘‘Mr President, FEPSAN’s success is not only evident by the number of factories we commission, but also by the many pyramids of rice, maize and other crops you have been inspecting across the country.

‘‘Mr President, before you created the PFI Initiative in 2016, Nigeria’s fertiliser production base was almost zero. We had less than 7 companies producing at 10 per cent of their installed capacity. Nigeria’s Urea output was reported at less than 300,000 tons,’’ he said.

Citing recent data from a fertiliser working group that reviews and validates consumption data spanning over 12 years, the FEPSA president said Nigeria recorded its highest consumption of fertilisers at 1.8 million tons per annum in 2021.

He, therefore, assured Nigerians that the association is ready, willing and available to ensure that fertilisers are available in all parts of the country for the 2022 wet season.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
April 5, 2022
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by ThugBoy(m): 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2022
I doubt this one, mannequin head dey talk?
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by manitoba(m): 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
Last year, a Bag of Urea was around #7,500 pee bag from the factory, then come the biggest Urea plant and the price jumped to #14,000-#14,500 this year.

You can best imagine the implications as Urea is a major components for Producing NPK Fertilizers.

Also, getting other components of producing NPK fertilizers is also a matter of man know man as NSIA that was handling PFI has not come up with a clear direction as to how blenders will get these key component.

And when they were in charge, it was few 'cabals' that had access to it.

Some of these cabals are not even involved in Fertilizers Blending.

They sell the components from the Port.

The other alternative is for people to import the components directly by themselves but FG has banned this long ago.

Few Years ago, we agreed to go back to GEJ GES program and this has not really seen the light of the day despite experts input to modify the program and make it better.

Sadly, the brunt of government mis-handling of the Agricultural sector will be borne by you and I at the market.

DeLaRue:
It's tempting to dismiss or condemn everything said by this government, but they've got some things right, and fertilizer is one of them.

Many will rail at me for saying this, and few know or believe it because things are clearly tough right now - but, Nigeria is on it's way to becoming a power house economy. Yes, I know it's hard to believe.

The problem is, for every good government policy, there are multiple bad ones. The bad policies and failures are economic back-breakers for millions of hard working people.

If the government can find a way to get the economic growing at 6% and above again, many more millions will join the prosperity train. Should that happen (I believe it can in 3 - 4 yrs), even security will be much improved.

Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by Asianjollof007: 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
mtchew, everything this man and his partners in crime says irritates me. I can't wait for you and your clueless and evil cabal to evacuate that place asap.
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by greatiyk4u(m): 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
lexy2014:

Are you saying that you can't answer the simple questions:

Started this year and ensure food security within one month?...it is already been exported for forex earning

Closing of boarder has forced us to look in ward and the result is massive sake for the uncontrolled insecurity
She is sharing to the people that need it not political cronies

Shalom
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by lexy2014: 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
greatiyk4u:

Started this year and ensure food security within one month?...it is already been exported for forex earning

Closing of boarder has forced us to look in ward and the result is massive sake for the uncontrolled insecurity
She is sharing to the people that need it not political cronies

Shalom

If it just started this month according, how then is buhari saying that nigeria is now a fertilizer power house?

How much forex has it earned? Did they share the forex for u? What has the forex done to move nigeria forward?

Since the border closure has made nigeria to look inwards, what is the result of the looking inwards?

Pls what does this mean: "the result is massive sake for the uncontrolled insecurity
She is sharing to the people that need it not political cronies"
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by greatiyk4u(m): 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
lexy2014:

If it just started this month according, how then is buhari saying that nigeria is now a fertilizer power house?

How much forex has it earned? Did they share the forex for u? What has the forex done to move nigeria forward?

Since the border closure has made nigeria to look inwards, what is the result of the looking inwards?

Pls what does this mean: "the result is massive sake for the uncontrolled insecurity
She is sharing to the people that need it not political cronies"
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by ofiko123(m): 7:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
We hope that the agricultural system in Nigeria is improved..
Re: President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa by Richarlison640(m): 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dat money way Dem carry build dat fertilizer plant for reach buhari hand na story we for day hear now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov Soludo Signs Mou With AFREXIM Bank, Others To Develop Anambra (Photos) / 31 States Owe CBN N340bn Bailout Funds / Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.