Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria (71959 Views)

Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) / Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Loses To Angelique Kidjo / Davido Poses With Angelique Kidjo In South Africa As Fans Slam Him Over Tagbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:31am On Apr 07, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

I shock o

But, it's a good thing she remembered her root

It's not very surprising. Most of the Yoruba in Francophone countries actually migrated from Nigeria.

What impressed me is that her ancestors came all the way back across the Atlantic to find their roots.

3 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by senecaatarino: 6:32am On Apr 07, 2022
okp
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by nkemoma(m): 6:32am On Apr 07, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Our blodas from Afghaneastern right now

Ewu Congo... Must everything be Afonjanistern vs. The East?¿

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 6:33am On Apr 07, 2022
It is not in anyway surprising that Angelique Kidjo chooses to identify with her Yoruba folks. You can't be a Yoruba and won't be so proud of your Yoruba-ness. It is natural;just like how the Jews are always so proud of being Jewish. From a native Yoruba roadside "Acara" (Akara) seller in Bahia,Brazil to the great hunters of Gambia and Sierra Leone,and the numerous "Oxun" (Osun) worshippers in Cuba,they are all very proud of their Yoruba ancestry. All of them will tell you that Ile Ife in Osun State,Nigeria is their ancestral home. Yoruba are special breeds of Africans;culturally very deep and highly spiritual people. We are just naturally so proud of who we are. An Ewe (Yoruba) person from Accra in Ghana,or similar persons from Porto Novo or Ajase in Benin will proudly say same thing Angelique Kidjo just said. So,to those who hate us because of being who we are and that we are so proud of our Yoruba- ness,we don't have any apology to tender !! You can continue to hate on because we won't change ! A ju yin lo,a ki s'egbe yin,egbe baba baba yin l'aase !

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by RichDad1(m): 6:34am On Apr 07, 2022
leksite120:
Otedola and Adenuga are from Ogun State. Ogun State indigenes are just super blessed likewise Oyo too ( I still consider Osun as Oyo since they've the same culture and almost same ascent )
Otedola is from Epe, lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by zinizta: 6:34am On Apr 07, 2022
Ttalk:
She forgot to mention her Lagos origin that she sang about in Wombolobo.

60% of the whole song is written in Yoruba language.

7 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Tremple8v: 6:35am On Apr 07, 2022
Iseyin people full benin republic and coutonu and Abidjan. Na them full that side pass .

5 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by hardbody: 6:37am On Apr 07, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Our blodas from Afghaneastern right now

Lol. I was looking out for this. She was sha told about Iseyin but did you notice her core area of discussion was Africa. Learn a thing or two from that. These people don't even reckon with Nigeria, they reckon with the continent. Check her story, her great great great great great grand grand grand father....

And then from the mother's mother's mother's etc side...

Story for the gods of oodua land.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Horokrox: 6:39am On Apr 07, 2022
saphiere:
The FUTURE is FEMALE.

Women lead men follow.
The FUTURE is FEMINAZISM

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:39am On Apr 07, 2022
SilentQueen:
That is impressive!!!
No wonder she makes beautiful music... it's in the blood grin

Be silent
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Goalnaldo(m): 6:45am On Apr 07, 2022
Bathong! Even the best of Africans are still Nigerians.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by hslbroker2(m): 6:46am On Apr 07, 2022
chatinent:
The future wore her panties out yesterday for photoshoot.
lol
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by dalass(f): 6:51am On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Omoluabi

Omo Yoruba atata. Omo ti ekun na ba bi, ekun lo maa jo grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Kay25(m): 6:52am On Apr 07, 2022
Angelique kidjo had sang more better yorubà song than your wizkid who is just trying to wanna be..let him go back to his root and identify with it and stop dragging what is not

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by OlawaleBammie: 6:52am On Apr 07, 2022
leksite120:
Otedola and Adenuga are from Ogun State. Ogun State indigenes are just super blessed likewise Oyo too ( I still consider Osun as Oyo since they've the same culture and almost same ascent )
not all osun as oyo

Ijesha, ife speaks with different intonation

5 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by dalass(f): 6:52am On Apr 07, 2022
Horokrox:
The FUTURE is FEMINAZISM

Don't let Putin add you to his special military operations list grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Shadysen: 6:54am On Apr 07, 2022
saphiere:
The FUTURE is FEMALE.

upWomen lead men follow.
shut up
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by dalass(f): 6:55am On Apr 07, 2022
Kay25:
Angelique kidjo had sang more better yorubà song than your wizkid who is just trying to wanna be..let him go back to his root and identify with it and stop dragging what is not

I used to wonder how she could sing in Yoruba but then I thought it was because there are Yoruba tribes in Benin republic but now I know better cheesy

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Saintmary(f): 6:56am On Apr 07, 2022
saphiere:
The FUTURE is FEMALE.

Women lead men follow.

Welcome Back.

Modified:
Now, leadership should be based on performance, not gender.

If a woman is doing well, let her lead.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 6:57am On Apr 07, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Burna isn't yoruba, get your facts right

He has Yoruba blood in his veins. You can check his family background,his mother's name is Bosede and that's a popular Yoruba name. Besides, Burna boy proudly sings in Yoruba a lot. Drop the beef,Yoruba are truly blessed and great people !

5 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by unitysheart(m): 6:58am On Apr 07, 2022
Englishisamust:
Femi otedola oyo
Mike adenuga oyo
Angelique kidjo oyo

Why are great people associated with oyo?

Which Adenuga
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 07, 2022
Legend... African legend.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by maticar: 7:01am On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

Evtery Grammy winning Nigerian musician are all yoruba

Ignorance is truly bliss

In this era of Google you shouldn't be typing trash

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Pacyrus(m): 7:01am On Apr 07, 2022
The track BABALAO NU WA BEBE comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Lightorder: 7:01am On Apr 07, 2022
Englishisamust:
Femi otedola oyo
Mike adenuga oyo
Angelique kidjo oyo

Why are great people associated with oyo?
Oyo empire
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 07, 2022
The Zoo na playing ground, bus stop of catching cruise and adding more social followers to your account and they are good in nothing else.. Use popularity & lies and food to get them going.. See this one "my grandfather’s great great great great father came back from Brazil, they found their roots in Iseyin.”This one no do her, she come throw another one :

“From my mother’s mother’s side, we have always been from Nigeria, so we have families in Abeokuta. Ibadan, Lagos, everywhere, I have cousins I haven’t seen a million years that I miss a lot.”

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by maticar: 7:05am On Apr 07, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

He has Yoruba blood in his veins. You can check his family background,his mother's name is Bosede and that's a popular Yoruba name. Besides, Burna boy proudly sings in Yoruba a lot. Drop the beef,Yoruba are truly blessed and great people !
You guys sha

Most artists who stayed in Lagos long time sing and speak yoruba

As for blessings, which tribe does not have blessed people??

How are some of you so dull like this?

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 7:05am On Apr 07, 2022
hardbody:

Lol. I was looking out for this. She was sha told about Iseyin but did you notice her core area of discussion was Africa. Learn a thing or two from that. These people don't even reckon with Nigeria, they reckon with the continent. Check her story, her great great great great great grand grand grand father....

And then from the mother's mother's mother's etc side...

Story for the gods of oodua land.

Lol ! You can't even hide it ......

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 07, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:
It is not in anyway surprising that Angelique Kidjo chooses to identify with her Yoruba folks. You can't be a Yoruba and won't be so proud of your Yoruba-ness. It is natural;just like how the Jews are always so proud of being Jewish. From a native Yoruba roadside "Acara" (Akara) seller in Bahia,Brazil to the great hunters of Gambia and Sierra Leone,and the numerous "Oxun" (Osun) worshippers in Cuba,they are all very proud of their Yoruba-ness. All of them will tell you that Ile Ife in Osun State,Nigeria is their ancestral home. Yoruba are special breeds of Africans;culturally very deep and highly spiritual people. We are just naturally so proud of who we are. An Ewe (Yoruba) person from Accra in Ghana,or similar persons from Porto Novo or Ajase in Benin will proudly say same thing Angelique Kidjo just said. So,to those who hate us because of being who we are and that we are so proud of our Yoruba- ness,we don't have any apology to tender !! You can continue to hate on because we won't change ! A ju yin lo,a ki s'egbe yin,egbe baba baba yin l'aase !
I had never seen anyone saying "he or she is from Katsina, kano, Kaduna, Kebbi, Zamfara etc ." Are those region cursed or what?
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by maticar: 7:06am On Apr 07, 2022
unitysheart:

Which Adenuga
Maybe he means wale adenuga
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by derecho(m): 7:06am On Apr 07, 2022
Guy, we know we are blessed but the bolded isn't necessary abeg.

Our arrogance as a country isn't helping matters too.

Watch how Nigerians will support Ghana if they do well in Qatar
jrusky:

Are you upset or what for her telling the truth? Did she said she was not enjoying her life? Be proud she is a Nigerian we have millions like her around the world doing great who many never know they are Nigerians.

Nigeria is the best that is why one small village claimed country in West Africa always want to die because of Nigeria matter and one bastard country from the South of Africa always seen Nigerians as their enemy simply they know they have nothing good to offer Africa and the world at large than hate for fellow black above all thunder fire apc for destroying Nigeria pride.

Don't be in pain ok it's too early. Drop sentiment, who God has bless no amount of hate can subdue him or her or them. fact!!!
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Sneidjer: 7:08am On Apr 07, 2022
leksite120:

Both Men( Mike and Femi) are from Oyo State.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Davido: My New Private Jet Has Arrived / Davido Shoots A Gun From The Balcony Of His home / Fans Blast Mercy Aigbe For Her Swimsuit Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.