Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen (3590 Views)

EFCC Probe: Civil Society Accuses Osinbajo,apc Governors Of Shielding Aregbesola / Five Shot, Houses Burnt, Youths Sack Ekiti Monarch / Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aloyemeka2: 12:19am On Jul 06, 2011
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
[size=14pt]Ekiti monarch accuses policeman of shielding herdsmen[/size]

Femi Makinde, Ado-Ekiti

The Onijan of Ijan-Ekiti, Oba Samuel Fadahunsi, and some residents of the town have accused a top police officer in the state Police Command of shielding herdsmen allegedly involved in criminal activities in the community.

Fadahunsi, at a news conference in his palace on Monday, alleged that the herdsmen were capitalising on the deplorable state of the Ado-Ijan Road to steal from commuters and motorists.

The monarch said that the herdsmen laid ambush for some merchants who were returning to Ijesa-Isu-Ekiti on December 18, 2010 and stole their their property.

He added that some of them were arrested but that the police had refused to quiz them.

Fadahunsi , however, said that the police arrested and charged two indigenes of the town who engaged the herdsmen in a fight.

He said, " The connivance of the policeman at the command in shielding the Fulani herdsmen has really worsened our plight.

"We have discussed the issue with the commissioner of police. He is aware of it but he said that his hands were tied in this case of herdsmen.

"If a top official of the police is conniving with his kinsmen to unleash terror on us in our land, then we are in trouble."

Some of the residents who were at the press conference also said that they could not form vigilante group to combat the criminals because they would be detained by the police.

But the Public Relations Officer of the State Police Command, Mr. Mohammed Jimoh, who defended the senior police officer's alleged conniving with the hoodlums, said that the officer was a thorough professional.

He said, "That may not be true. The man is a senior police officer who always handle cases reported to him without ethnic, tribal or religious sentiment, but based on its merit.

"Any person or groups that have any allegation against him should put it into writing and forward it to the Commissioner of Police.

"Any case they believed he has not treated fairly should be documented and sent to our the command and I am sure that the command will surely look into the merit of such case."

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201107052222528
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by ektbear: 12:27am On Jul 06, 2011
Very unfortunate that the police are shielding them. These northern police officers need to be transferred back to their home region. Let police serve in their zone only.

If they are more careful though, they can attack the Fulani w/o getting caught by the police. Police cannot protect them 24/7.

And the police should not in any way inhabit self-defense forces.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by EzeUche(m): 12:28am On Jul 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Very unfortunate that the police are shielding them. These northern police officers need to be transferred back to their home region. Let police serve in their zone only.

A sensible post. . .
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aloyemeka2: 12:35am On Jul 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

If they are more careful though, they can attack the Fulani w/o getting caught by the police. Police cannot protect them 24/7.

And the police should not in any way inhabit self-defense forces.

Don't retract your comment when zamfara forms Boko Haram police force.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by ektbear: 12:37am On Jul 06, 2011
Hehe. What would I be doing going to such God-forsaken states like Zamfara? What is there for me?

Anyway, they play fast and loose with the rules as is. Or aren't there already Sharia police in Kano? Don't they use those almajiris as an extralegal militia to threaten immigrants?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aloyemeka2: 1:09am On Jul 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hehe. What would I be doing going to such God-forsaken states like Zamfara? What is there for me?

Anyway, they play fast and loose with the rules as is. Or aren't there already Sharia police in Kano? Don't they use those almajiris as an extralegal militia to threaten immigrants?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander

You never know. You may find a wife there.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by nduchucks: 1:21am On Jul 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Very unfortunate that the police are shielding them. These northern police officers need to be transferred back to their home region.

Please do you have any concrete proof that the said policemen were Northern police officers, or is this one of your borderline tribalist posts? Are you indirectly saying that the police should not protect Nigerian citizens from lynching by bushmen or savages?
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aloyemeka2: 1:48am On Jul 06, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Please do you have any concrete proof that the said policemen were Northern police officers, or is this one of your borderline tribalist posts? Are you indirectly saying that the police should not protect Nigerian citizens from[b] lynching by bushmen or savages?[/b]

Ekiti people are neither. So, what is your point?.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aljharem3: 1:49am On Jul 06, 2011
ekt_bear, i am so disappointed with you lately

how did u come to the conclusion that the officers were northerners

moreover if so, have u asked why they are protecting them angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aloyemeka2: 1:51am On Jul 06, 2011
alj_harem:

ekt_bear, i am so disappointed with you lately

how did u come to the conclusion that the officers were northerners

moreover if so, have u asked why they are protecting them angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Have you also asked why the Fulanis are trampling on all their hosts across the nation?.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by ZnO: 1:52am On Jul 06, 2011
Good to see Ekiti being wiped out of the map by the fulanis.
Ekiti kete
Ekiti ti baje tele tele grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
They should unleash those drug-maddened youths to fight the fulanis in an epic war.
Where is Ileke Idi, the resident female tribalist, when you need her most?
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aljharem3: 2:00am On Jul 06, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Have you also asked why the Fulanis are trampling on all their hosts across the nation?.

i love the good gesture the governor give to the fulani but the fulanis did not beg the governor for this gesture angry

i have explain this over and over and over again

fulani/hausa and kanuri have been indigenous to some states even before the migration and population explosion of this state

the core states, kwara, kogi, ebonyi, nasarawa, beune, abuja, niger, ebonyi, cross river, plateau among other

i even believe parts of lagos and rivers state which i can prove but that is another issue

so all this host rubbish u people put here is total crap, we are not guess we are indigenes of thos states

the farm lands were not demacated and as sure the cattles will roam to this open feild which some of u call farm land as feed,

now the farmer out of rage will kill the fulani and his cattle then, the fulani would fight back

chikena
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by ektbear: 2:01am On Jul 06, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Please do you have any concrete proof that the said policemen were Northern police officers, or is this one of your borderline tribalist posts?

Hmm:
aloy-emeka:

Fadahunsi , however, said that the police arrested and charged two indigenes of the town who engaged the herdsmen in a fight.

He said, " The connivance of the policeman at the command in shielding the Fulani herdsmen has really worsened our plight.

"We have discussed the issue with the commissioner of police. He is aware of it but he said that his hands were tied in this case of herdsmen.

"If a top official of the police is conniving with his kinsmen to unleash terror on us in our land, then we are in trouble."

So unless the king and the townsmen are unable to discern the ethnicity of the policemen (doubtful), then it seems to me that this should be enough.

Are you indirectly saying that the police should not protect Nigerian citizens from lynching by bushmen or savages?
Heh. Hilarious to me that a Fulani like you will call anyone else a bushman or savage. At any rate, in my estimation, one of their lives is more precious than 100 of yours.

Tread softly.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by ZnO: 2:05am On Jul 06, 2011
Ekitians are savages lol
They deserve to be wiped out faster, though. But kudos to the fulani for taking them out slowly
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aloyemeka2: 2:06am On Jul 06, 2011
alj_harem:

i love the good gesture the governor give to the fulani but the fulanis did not beg the governor for this gesture angry

I pity Nigeria and you. So the governor is evil for extending a kind gesture?.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aljharem3: 2:09am On Jul 06, 2011
aloy-emeka:

I pity Nigeria and you. So the governor is evil for extending a kind gesture?.

if he knows it was going to cause troble why did he give them land then

that was after the jos crisis, i admire the man but since he is the governor then it is his responsiblity to ensure people are safe both the fulani and ekiti
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aljharem3: 2:10am On Jul 06, 2011
ZnO:

Ekitians are savages lol
They deserve to be wiped out faster, though. But kudos to the fulani for taking them out slowly

see who is talking
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by ZnO: 2:18am On Jul 06, 2011
Igbos are dominating with pens and trade
Fulani are dominating with bows and arrows lol
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by Afam4eva(m): 2:21am On Jul 06, 2011
This fulani people are biting more than they can chew and they need to be stopped.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aloyemeka2: 3:07am On Jul 06, 2011
afam4eva:

This fulani people are biting more than[b] they can chew and they need to be stopped.[/b]

Another southern coward farts. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by naijaking1: 3:29am On Jul 06, 2011
I thought the Fulanis marauding was limited to killing farmers so that their cattles could graze on their lands.
Laying ambush to steal from motorists and passangers
Can anybody tell me whether our constitution also protects them(Fulanis) from robbing other Nigerians now angry
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by aljharem3: 3:30am On Jul 06, 2011
naijaking1:

I thought the Fulanis marauding was limited to killing farmers so that their cattles could graze on their lands.
Laying ambush to steal from motorists and passangers
Can anybody tell me whether our constitution also protects them(Fulanis) from robbing other Nigerians now angry

i am sure this fulanis are just robbers and not cattle rearers

anybody could have done that
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by naijaking1: 3:39am On Jul 06, 2011
alj_harem:

i am sure this fulanis are just robbers and not cattle rearers

anybody could have done that

You wouldn't happen to know if the constitution permits Fulanis to rob other Nigerians would you?
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by nduchucks: 4:25am On Jul 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Heh. Hilarious to me that a Fulani like you will call anyone else a bushman or savage. At any rate, in my estimation, one of their lives is more precious than 100 of yours.

Tread softly.

I'm disappointed in you o, for calling me names and even naming a tribe in the process, when you have no idea what my ethnicity is. For your information, I have seen alleged thieves lynched to death by yes, bushmen and savages, from Kaduna to Lagos and Enugu. This barbaric act has nothing to do with ethnicity or tribe.

Every life in Nigeria is precious, stop hating!! I appreciate you attempted vigorous defense of your people though.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by nduchucks: 4:34am On Jul 06, 2011
@naijaking1, I suppose the in-thing these days is to have paranoia about the Fulani. You all used to blame the Northerners for everything, now you've narrowed it down to Fulanis. I'd recommend that you stop prescribing aspiring to your people and switch to Norepinephrine - err self prescription is also well-advised. lipsrsealed
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by seanet02: 5:07am On Jul 06, 2011
Dapo you Ekiti are disappointing me, this northern killers knows us very well in Ogun state, a single mistake and we wipe them out like the Sagamu crises. We don't give a damm shyt to any policeman, in Ogun state, if a security personnel abetted the acts of illegality we will track him down and hack him to death. This people will not stop until you kill about a score in multiples of dozens ten folds simultaneously at different areas for good seven days. Stop being nice to wild animals. They deserve nothing apart from death.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by ZnO: 5:15am On Jul 06, 2011
seanet02:

Dapo you Ekiti are disappointing me, this northern killers knows us very well in Ogun state, a single mistake and we wipe them out like the Sagamu crises. We don't give a damm shyt to any policeman, in Ogun state, if a security personnel abetted the acts of illegality we will track him down and hack him to death. This people will not stop until you kill about a score in multiples of dozens ten folds simultaneously at different areas for good seven days. Stop being nice to wild animals. They deserve nothing apart from death.

Shut up there, bloody liar. A few years ago a fulani cut off the arms of a Yewa man when he asked why their cattle grazed on his farm. Instead of retaliating, the whole community ran away like the buncha cowards ya'll are.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by seanet02: 5:22am On Jul 06, 2011
Are you mad? Can we start killing them because of a single incidence? Ask them what normally happens when they collectively behaved like their animals. Please we are not ojukwu who ran away o
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by ZnO: 5:24am On Jul 06, 2011
seanet02:

Are you mad? Can we start killing them because of a single incidence? Ask them what normally happens when they collectively behaved like their animals. Please we are not ojukwu who ran away o

You are a fool. They cut of your brothers arm and all the community ran away out of fear and you still get mouth to talk. You be proper agama lizard.
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by henry101(m): 7:03am On Jul 06, 2011
alj_harem:

i have explain this over and over and over again

fulani/hausa and kanuri have been indigenous to some states even before the migration and population explosion of this state

the core states, kwara, kogi, ebonyi, nasarawa, beune, abuja, niger, ebonyi, cross river, plateau among other

i even believe parts of lagos and rivers state which i can prove but that is another issue

so all this host rubbish u people put here is total crap, we are not guess we are indigenes of thos states

the farm lands were not demacated and as sure the cattles will roam to this open feild which some of u call farm land as feed,

now the farmer out of rage will kill the fulani and his cattle then, the fulani would fight back

chikena

Explain the highlighted.
Dnt be stopooid, Hw dare you say such yesterday and you repeating same today.
You are high again,
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by namfav(m): 7:55am On Jul 06, 2011
chapter iv

'41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof'
Re: Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen by udezue(m): 8:58am On Jul 06, 2011
WOW grin grin grin grin

When Easterners talk about pushing these savages back to Niger and dividing that nation Yoruba ppl like Illeke will pounce like rabid dogs. Well keep talking instead of acting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beaf:North Niger Produced 8 President,eastern Niger 3, Western Niger 2 by Musiwa / Amazing Thought-provoking Painting "Beijing 2008" By Chinese-canadian Artist Liu / Nigerian Government Admits Ownership Of $9.3m Arms Money Seized By S. Africafr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.