Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash (3702 Views)

Abubakar Ali In Auto Accident In Kano (Photo) / Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng / Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by jona2: 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2010
[b]Ekiti monarch, college provost kidnapped, killed in auto crash
Cover Stories Jan 30, 2010 •Drivers too, Oni shocked

By Gbenga Ariyibi

Ado Ekiti – A  first class monarch in Ekiti State, the Attah of  Aiyede, Oba Adeleye Orisagbemi, and the acting provost, College of Education, Ikere Ekiti, Dr Gabriel Olowoyo,  were, Saturday, kidnapped at different  locations and  killed in an auto-crash as the abductors tried to escape with them.

Sunday Vanguard reliably gathered that the monarch  was  coming from a function in Lagos  with his son, Lanre and driver when they were kidnapped   along  Ilawe-Ado Ekiti Road.

The kidnappers, numbering seven, allegedly  operated in a  Liteace bus and raided as they  passed through Ikole Ekiti  until  they got to Ilasa  in Ekiti East Local Government area of the state  where they  kidnapped  Olowoyo,  his personal assistant and  driver as they  were returning from Abuja.

The kidnappers  were said to have intercepted the provost’s  Toyota Camry official car after  buying fuel in the town.

The kidnappers were said to have ordered all their victims into  their bus  and drove towards Kabba Lokoja Road where, upon sighting a patrol team   of the Federal Road Safety Commission [FRSC], the driver  lost control of the vehicle  and crashed into a tree, killing the monarch, the acting provost and their drivers.

According to Ekiti State Commissioner for Environment, Otunba Segun Olanrewaju,  who hails from Ayede Ekiti,   the monarch’s  son, Lanre, survived the accident, but suffered  fracture.

He explained that the provost and the two aides  were returning from Abuja where Olowoyo  had gone for a meeting.

Ekiti State governor, Engr. Segun Oni, yesterday, described  the death of the monarch,  provost  and their drivers as shocking.

Chief press secretary to the governor, Mr. Wale Ojo_Lanre, in a statement, said the governor was shocked when he received the news of the abduction and death.

over Stories Jan 30, 2010 •Drivers too, Oni shocked

By Gbenga Ariyibi

Ado Ekiti – A  first class monarch in Ekiti State, the Attah of  Aiyede, Oba Adeleye Orisagbemi, and the acting provost, College of Education, Ikere Ekiti, Dr Gabriel Olowoyo,  were, Saturday, kidnapped at different  locations and  killed in an auto-crash as the abductors tried to escape with them.

Sunday Vanguard reliably gathered that the monarch  was  coming from a function in Lagos  with his son, Lanre and driver when they were kidnapped   along  Ilawe-Ado Ekiti Road.

The kidnappers, numbering seven, allegedly  operated in a  Liteace bus and raided as they  passed through Ikole Ekiti  until  they got to Ilasa  in Ekiti East Local Government area of the state  where they  kidnapped  Olowoyo,  his personal assistant and  driver as they  were returning from Abuja.

The kidnappers  were said to have intercepted the provost’s  Toyota Camry official car after  buying fuel in the town.

The kidnappers were said to have ordered all their victims into  their bus  and drove towards Kabba Lokoja Road where, upon sighting a patrol team   of the Federal Road Safety Commission [FRSC], the driver  lost control of the vehicle  and crashed into a tree, killing the monarch, the acting provost and their drivers.

According to Ekiti State Commissioner for Environment, Otunba Segun Olanrewaju,  who hails from Ayede Ekiti,   the monarch’s  son, Lanre, survived the accident, but suffered  fracture.

He explained that the provost and the two aides  were returning from Abuja where Olowoyo  had gone for a meeting.

Ekiti State governor, Engr. Segun Oni, yesterday, described  the death of the monarch,  provost  and their drivers as shocking.

Chief press secretary to the governor, Mr. Wale Ojo_Lanre, in a statement, said the governor was shocked when he received the news of the abduction and death.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/30/ekiti-monarch-college-provost-kidnapped-killed-in-auto-crash/
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by Eziachi: 12:24am On Jan 31, 2010
Wow! kidnapping in paradise? I was meant to believe that it's Igbo exclusive.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 12:38am On Jan 31, 2010
Kidnapped Edo bishop released
From Alemma-Ozioruva Aliu, Benin City

FIVE days after he was abducted and following protests on Wednesday by members of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Edo State chapter, the chairman of the association and Bishop of Benin Diocese of the Anglican Communion, Rt. Rev. Peter Imasuen was Wednesday night released by his abductors. He was kidnapped last Sunday on his way home from the church.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jan/29/30.html

As at the time The Guardian visited his official residence in Iyaro area yesterday, members of his church and family members were gathered having a prayer session.

But the bishop could not be seen as he was said to be resting and would talk to journalists at a later day. It, however, could not be immediately known whether any ransom was paid before he was released by his abductors.

The kidnappers as at Monday were asking for a ransom of N50 million. No official of the Nigerian police could be reached for comments on the issue.

The spokesperson of the diocese, Sir Blessing Osula, told The Guardian yesterday that the bishop was "fine and he is in good condition. You can see that everybody is rejoicing and holding prayer sessions. He will talk to the press at a later date."

The state governor, Adams Oshiomhole, had insisted that his administration is opposed to paying money to criminals to secure release of abducted persons and that he had instructed necessary security officials to act on the incident.

It was also gathered yesterday that the Vice Chairman of Ovia South West local council, Joel Osas Oliha, who was abducted on January 15 has been released by his abductors.

Meanwhile, the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) worldwide has ordered search by its members and affiliate groups for the kidnappers of the bishop.

An email statement yesterday by President of the group, Chris Ekiyor, said the association took the decision after a security meeting with strategic groups yesterday.

"IYC condemn in strong terms any form of kidnapping and hostage taking under whatever guise," he said.

According to him, the council has sent out signals to all its affiliate groups to immediately source information and track down the kidnappers, whom he said, can be best described as criminals "since there is no basis for the kidnap in the first instance.

"Also in the same vain, we advise that ransom should not be paid as such payments have made the business a lucrative one," the group stated.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by Abeem(m): 2:56am On Jan 31, 2010
My heartfelt sympathy and condolences goes to the family of the deceased. May Almighty Allah give them the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss (amen).
In the days of yore, the Obas in Yorubaland have mystical powers that can repel and protect them from injury and harm, be it supernatural or otherwise. It was unthinkable for criminals to have the audacity and effrontery to attack an Oba not to talk of kidnapping him. Time has changed. It is incidents like this that make you want to question the wisdom in jettisoning our traditional ways of life. Criminals are becoming more daring each passing day and the people are helpless; the state cannot come to our aid and everything is in disarray.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by GeeMeshin1(m): 3:00am On Jan 31, 2010
The present state of insecurity in Nigeria calls for urgency from all and sundry, most of these criminals claim that, http://www.crimemirror..com
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by Mekusxyz: 3:59am On Jan 31, 2010
Eziachi:

Wow! kidnapping in paradise? I was meant to believe that it's Igbo exclusive.

No mind them. Paradise ko, paradisiaca ni! This is the same kidnapping that takes place in the SS and SE and N without any death. Why do Yoruba things always end in death?
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by slap1(m): 12:24pm On Jan 31, 2010
^^ and tribalism creeps in. . . . .
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by ElRazur: 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2010
Seeing that the King of my Village is dead. This may be a good time to go home and lay claim to the throne. After all, I am a Prince. grin Who is with me? Remember there are plenty national cake to go round.

PS
I have always wondered why the King is called "Attah". My dad told me once, but for the life of me. I can never remember.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2010
ElRazur:

Seeing that the King of my Village is dead. This may be a good time to go home and lay claim to the throne. After all, I am a Prince. grin Who is with me? Remember there are plenty national cake to go round.

PS
I have always wondered why the King is called "Attah". My dad told me once, but for the life of me. I can never remember.

Have some respect please. This man was murdered and he was somebody's father, husband, brother and son. cry cry
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by ElRazur: 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Have some respect please. This man was murdered and he was somebody's father, husband, brother and son. cry cry

Erm sorry o.

Are you supporting my quest or not? wink
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2010
ElRazur:

Erm sorry o.

Are you supporting my quest or notwink

I will support you if you promise me that you will not embezzle money after ascending the throne otherwise I will use nairaland to bring you down.

Do you have enough juju to protect you from assassination because I no fit do that one?. I know a few good babalawos that can cook and fry you well against any assassin, kidnapper, accident, heart attack, swine flu, cancer , armed robber and premature death.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by slap1(m): 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2010
^^ I'll be ur special adviser, abeg.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by ElRazur: 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2010
aloy-emeka:

I will support you if you promise me that you will not embezzle money after ascending the throne otherwise I will use nairaland to bring you down.

Do you have enough juju to protect you from assassination because I no fit do that one?. I know a few good babalawos that can cook and fry you well against any assassin, kidnapper, accident, heart attack,  swine flu, cancer , armed robber and premature death.

No. I will systematically develop Ekiti land just like Fashola and systematically make sure everyone is "happy". wink

Clearly, there is no juju if the Attah can be kidnapped like a baby - no offence. I will employ highly trained men from Mossad. lol.

I think I better stop now. I may be derailing this thread. lol.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2010
ElRazur:

No. I will systematically develop Ekiti land just like Fashola and systematically make sure everyone is "happy". wink

Clearly, there is no juju is the Attah can be kidnapped like a baby - no offence. I will employ highly trained men from Mossad. lol.

I think I better stop now. I may be derailing this thread. lol.

Mossad may protect you from assassins and kidnappers but will surely not protect you with spiritual heart attack or stomach swelling. You are hereby warned. Ekiti is no joke when it comes to juju. Not even Ijebu Ode can match them.

Mossad fit protect you from this one below?
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by olabukola: 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2010
This is not funny. Did any of the kidnappers die in the accident? We can determine if they came from SS or SE or from our rank(Home breed). This kidnapping happens in other part of the country without loss of life, why is ours diff. Kidnapping a traditional ruler shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked this is serious.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by MrCrackles(m): 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2010
aloy-emeka:

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2010
olabukola:

This is not funny. Did any of the kidnappers die in the accident? We can determine if they came from SS or SE or from our rank(Home breed). This kidnapping happens in other part of the country without loss of life, why is ours diff. Kidnapping a traditional ruler  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked this is serious.

Lol, I am sure they are igbo or ijaw . wink wink wink wink
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by slap1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2010
@aloy-emeka. Na Yar'Adua dey for that pics?
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2010
Those kidnappers are not yoruba, we all know that successful kidnapping plots are organized by the igbo and niger deltans
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2010
slap1:

@aloy-emeka. Na Yar'Adua dey for that pics?

You wish. Your prayer for our president no go work . L oruko jesu.  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Those kidnappers are not yoruba, we all know that [b]successful [/b]kidnapping plots are organized by the igbo and niger deltans

But they were not successful. They had an accident along the way. So who plots the unsuccessful ones? grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2010
They headed north meaning that they are hausa
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by olabukola: 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

That means hausa, ibo or Ijaw can invade us and go scot free. We don finish be that.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Mumu, North does not necessarily mean hausa. Heading towards Kwara via Ide osi or Ikole is also North. wink wink wink
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2010
Ola
Na so we see am o meanwhile all of them live in lagos and other south western states without being kidnapped or rob by youruba.u s e l e s s people
aloy-emeka
big f o o l like you.so if they had headed towards north,which tribe do you likely think would have committed the crime.igbo in the north abi?
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Ola
Na so we see am o meanwhile all of them live in lagos and other south western states without being kidnapped or rob by youruba.u s e l e s s people
aloy-emeka
big f o o l like you.so if they had headed towards north,which tribe do you likely think would have committed the crime.igbo in the north abi?
May be the Northern igbos did it. Just like we have South western Ijaws, there are North western Igbos too. Since kidnapping is synonymous with these two tribes according to you and the kidnappers headed towards north of Ado Ekiti, I'll presume they are from either Kwara or Niger Republic. Let us exercise patience and wait for BecomeRich to help us clear this puzzle up with satellite pictures. Who knows, he may catch their image and that will make us confirm it easily because igbo men have flat head besides, Becomerich should be able to tell us if there are Igbos in Niger Republic or Fulani-Igbos from Kwara.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 3:38pm On Jan 31, 2010
Their head must be shaped like this picture below and we can easily figure that out from satellite pictures. That is the stereotypical flat igbo head.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/226937_OBI_535278320_jpg5b1400d1cb63b7a319d547e5cb30f039
Gov Peter Obi
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2010
Lwkmd,anyways let wait for becomrich to come and provide the satellite map but i'm still sure that those kidnappers are not yorubas
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by slap1(m): 4:10pm On Jan 31, 2010
Waiting for becomericch. . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by aloyemeka2: 4:22pm On Jan 31, 2010
We can guess with the map below pending mapomeji's satellite image which should provide forensic evidence that the kidnappers are Igbo Northerners.

Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by Mekusxyz: 7:20pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Those kidnappers are not yoruba, we all know that successful kidnapping plots are organized by the igbo and niger deltans

These are clearly Yoruba kidnappers. They have always been there and will always be there. However, I actually wish they were Igbo kidnappers grin. That way we will get back the ransom money Igbo traders paid to Yoruba kidnappers who kidnapped 30 of them in Owo, Ondo state. In any case, Yorubas were the first to kidnap people from other tribes.
Re: Ekiti Monarch, College Provost Kidnapped, Killed In Auto Crash by slap1(m): 7:48pm On Jan 31, 2010
Arsenal don finish me! Hew!

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu Made The Unity Of Nigeria Possible – Ribadu! / Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? / Breaking News: Comprehensive list of New Ministers And Their Portfolios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.