Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? (8612 Views)

They Havent Rejected Me They Have Rejected And Abandoned God / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:25am On Apr 10, 2022
Fuckallmods:
Yes and I learnt in a hard way. I vowed 10k in my yr1 1st semester if I had no carryovers. I had parallel A's in my year 1 first semester and 4.05 in second semwstee. To me I just thought it was my doing thereafter and decided to chop the money.
Yr2 result show and I had 3 carryovers from courses I was sure I'd have A's. Omo nobody told me b4 I cried back to God and fulfilled my vow. Told him there'll be a 5k increment every semester if I had no carryovers. God is faithful o, don't play with Him at all

LOL.

Never knew God needed money to make you pass your exams. Chai. There was even a 5k increment promised to God every semester. grin

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by obedience4(m): 11:25am On Apr 10, 2022
JooEeL:
You people have been praying for a better Nigeria since 1960. (A better zoo).

What has the outcome been?
undecided

We walk not by sight but by Faith..
The country is bad fine, but the Christians are still prosperous. Life doesn't consists of the abundance of material things..
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by BafanaBafana: 11:25am On Apr 10, 2022
Leah Sharibu
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:26am On Apr 10, 2022
This is the funniest thread I have read in a while. grin
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:29am On Apr 10, 2022
Gabsozo:
When ever your testimony is short lived ... Check you must have gone against the agreement you had with him...

Always know that God is a business man when it comes to covenant and agreement

Are you being sarcastic or what?
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by friendlyadvice: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Nope

I never for once stop worshipping my everlasting God
grin especially at night during bedroom service
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by joemag: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
WebSurfer:
When will Africans learn they have been fooled for over a hundred years by those man-made inventions called a “God” and “Bible” Allah/Quran?

Please, leave us Nah, is it your fooling? You that are not fooled be doing what pleases you. Must you cajole everybody to believe in what you believed?

You better repent now brother. Your existence isn't a mistake, it is for a purpose.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Gabsozo: 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Are you being sarcastic or what?

We all make promises to him so as to get one favor or the other...

If he answers us and derail from our promises, then those answered prayers will not last as they were supposed to
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Akharmony: 12:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
For us who have been found guilty may God Almighty the God of all spirit for us. . Amen.
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Uchedizzy(f): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
God1000:
My name is God
:*just imagine"
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Ylink4sure: 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
Many times in times past. I paid 'dearly' for it.
His grace is now sufficient,I will never ever be unfaithful to the owner of Life and the lover of my soul.My shield and my buckler.

Happy Sunday

SPTruth:
Deuteronomy 8:10-17
10 When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you.

11 Be careful that you do not forget the LORD your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day.

12 Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down,

13 and when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have is multiplied,

14 then your heart will become proud and you will forget the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

15 He led you through the vast and dreadful wilderness, that thirsty and waterless land, with its venomous snakes and scorpions. He brought you water out of hard rock.

16 He gave you manna to eat in the wilderness, something your ancestors had never known, to humble and test you so that in the end it might go well with you.

17 You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.”

18 But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.

It is human(fleshly) to forget God when He has answered our prayers and Divine to remain faithful to Him when He has answered our Prayers.
We attend church twice a week just to pray to God for a Visa, when He answers us we stop going to Church "because we got bills to pay".

We join the choir and sing just to pray to God that we need a job, when He gives is the we get too carried away with work to sing in tbe choir again.

We go to church every Sunday to pray for a husband, when He gives us the husband, we no longer remember the address of the Church after honeymoon.

O what about kids, after He gives us kids, sundays will be the time to watch cartoon with them instead of going to church.

You were faithful in your midnight prayers and giving to the poor, because you wanted God to bless you financially, when your business begins to boom, you get so busy to wake up at night, and you laugh at those still giving to the church.

You used to sweep the church every Saturday because you were seeking admission, but when He gave you the course you yearned for, you stopped going to church.

Remember to go back to your First Love and be faithful to Him. May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Oturatetuala(m): 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
Yes! I abandoned him and I was fighting him, who can fight God? Nobody brothers and sisters.

God forgive me of my transgressions and sin.

I love God so much.
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by BigDawsNet: 1:03pm On Apr 10, 2022
friendlyadvice:

grin especially at night during bedroom service

Come, let me hug ourselves in the presence of God wink
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by God1000(m): 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
Uchedizzy:
:*just imagine"
lol, don't mind me oo my dear cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Cordenify(m): 1:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
House of Joy: What Is Well-Placed Shame? https://miheanyi..com/2022/04/what-is-well-placed-shame.html
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by spartan50(m): 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
WebSurfer:

Only a f0ol like you will say there is a monotheistic god without any evidence.

There are several evidence there is even the life you own doesn’t belong to you. Accept Jesus and find peace
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Fuckallmods: 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

LOL.

Never knew God needed money to make you pass your exams. Chai. There was even a 5k increment promised to God every semester. grin
It's not about the money Dumbo... These anti Christ are really so dumb. Take care, acquire useful knowledge.

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by judedwriter(m): 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
Many Christians don't know that the more they grow spiritually by Bible study, fasting and praises, the more their payers are answered.

The more you grow spiritually, the more difficult it is to abandon God even when He answers your prayers.

This is why more than often, God wants us to fast more before He answers.
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Galaxydon1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
If only prayers were answered
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by friendlyadvice: 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Come, let me hug ourselves in the presence of God wink
Gay
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by WebSurfer(m): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2022
spartan50:

There are several evidence there is even the life you own doesn’t belong to you. Accept Jesus and find peace
you have no sense at all and I cannot go so low to have any argument with you
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by BigDawsNet: 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
friendlyadvice:

Gay

Are you a guy? I tot u are lady

Let's shake then tongue
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
SPTruth:
Deuteronomy 8:10-17
10 When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you.

11 Be careful that you do not forget the LORD your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day.

12 Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down,

13 and when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have is multiplied,

14 then your heart will become proud and you will forget the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

15 He led you through the vast and dreadful wilderness, that thirsty and waterless land, with its venomous snakes and scorpions. He brought you water out of hard rock.

16 He gave you manna to eat in the wilderness, something your ancestors had never known, to humble and test you so that in the end it might go well with you.

17 You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.”

18 But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.

It is human(fleshly) to forget God when He has answered our prayers and Divine to remain faithful to Him when He has answered our Prayers.
We attend church twice a week just to pray to God for a Visa, when He answers us we stop going to Church "because we got bills to pay".

We join the choir and sing just to pray to God that we need a job, when He gives is the we get too carried away with work to sing in tbe choir again.

We go to church every Sunday to pray for a husband, when He gives us the husband, we no longer remember the address of the Church after honeymoon.

O what about kids, after He gives us kids, sundays will be the time to watch cartoon with them instead of going to church.

You were faithful in your midnight prayers and giving to the poor, because you wanted God to bless you financially, when your business begins to boom, you get so busy to wake up at night, and you laugh at those still giving to the church.

You used to sweep the church every Saturday because you were seeking admission, but when He gave you the course you yearned for, you stopped going to church.

Remember to go back to your First Love and be faithful to Him. May God help us all.
God bless you for this write up.
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
Supersymetry:
The question should be "have your prayers been answered by God before".
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always!!!!
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by SPTruth: 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

God bless you for this write up.
Amen, same to you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by SPTruth: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ylink4sure:
Many times in times past. I paid 'dearly' for it.
His grace is now sufficient,I will never ever be unfaithful to the owner of Life and the lover of my soul.My shield and my buckler.

Happy Sunday

Happy sunday to you too. May His Grace keep speaking for you
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
SPTruth:
Amen, same to you.
Amennnn!!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by IMASTEX: 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
Itohanmiwa:
Well well. Them nor dey count how many times i don losegard God. There was this one time i was seeking admission and i promised God i won't have sex until i graduate. Omo mehn that day i saw my admission status was "admission given" if you see they way i almost Bleep my destiny throway. grin grin. I just thank God that he is not man. If not i for nor know where i for dey. Indeed His mercies endureth forever.
This is what religiosity has caused. God knows you better than you know yourself, and He obviously doesn't need anything from you in the form of a "collateral" to do whatever He pleases. So to the question, no man can abandon God and live the next second, is like trying to do without oxygen. Just live with the consciousness of humanity,meaning love for others. That's all that matter.
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Aaay: 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
No
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by JooEeL(m): 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
obedience4:

We walk not by sight but by Faith..
The country is bad fine, but the Christians are still prosperous. Life doesn't consists of the abundance of material things..

That is what Kaduna, Jos, Sokoto, Borno, Nassarawa and Benue christians and minorities were saying until their heads were chopped off by fulani terrorists and their churches and homes set ablaze, plus their daughters raped in their mothers' presence. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simple But Powerful Ways To Share The Good News / Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! / Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.