Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? (8583 Views)

What Are Your Prayers God Have Answered In Year 2023? / They Havent Rejected Me They Have Rejected And Abandoned God / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by SPTruth: 7:48am On Apr 10, 2022
Deuteronomy 8:10-17
10 When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you.

11 Be careful that you do not forget the LORD your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day.

12 Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down,

13 and when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have is multiplied,

14 then your heart will become proud and you will forget the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

15 He led you through the vast and dreadful wilderness, that thirsty and waterless land, with its venomous snakes and scorpions. He brought you water out of hard rock.

16 He gave you manna to eat in the wilderness, something your ancestors had never known, to humble and test you so that in the end it might go well with you.

17 You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.”

18 But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.

It is human(fleshly) to forget God when He has answered our prayers and Divine to remain faithful to Him when He has answered our Prayers.
We attend church twice a week just to pray to God for a Visa, when He answers us we stop going to Church "because we got bills to pay".

We join the choir and sing just to pray to God that we need a job, when He gives is the we get too carried away with work to sing in tbe choir again.

We go to church every Sunday to pray for a husband, when He gives us the husband, we no longer remember the address of the Church after honeymoon.

O what about kids, after He gives us kids, sundays will be the time to watch cartoon with them instead of going to church.

You were faithful in your midnight prayers and giving to the poor, because you wanted God to bless you financially, when your business begins to boom, you get so busy to wake up at night, and you laugh at those still giving to the church.

You used to sweep the church every Saturday because you were seeking admission, but when He gave you the course you yearned for, you stopped going to church.

Remember to go back to your First Love and be faithful to Him. May God help us all.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by BigDawsNet: 8:00am On Apr 10, 2022
Nope

I never for once stop worshipping my everlasting God

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Itohanmiwa: 8:01am On Apr 10, 2022
Well well. Them nor dey count how many times i don losegard God. There was this one time i was seeking admission and i promised God i won't have sex until i graduate. Omo mehn that day i saw my admission status was "admission given" if you see they way i almost Bleep my destiny throway. grin grin. I just thank God that he is not man. If not i for nor know where i for dey. Indeed His mercies endureth forever.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Gabsozo: 8:01am On Apr 10, 2022
When ever your testimony is short lived ... Check you must have gone against the agreement you had with him...

Always know that God is a business man when it comes to covenant and agreement

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Jh0wsef(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2022
God Is good

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Amuluonyenaego: 8:01am On Apr 10, 2022
H
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Zeel007: 8:01am On Apr 10, 2022
Good question...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by mbahdi(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2022
God is great

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by JooEeL(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2022
You people have been praying for a better Nigeria since 1960. (A better zoo).

What has the outcome been?
undecided

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by God1000(m): 8:02am On Apr 10, 2022
My name is God
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by LesbianBoy(m): 8:02am On Apr 10, 2022
I can bet most Nigerian men are guilty of this

Dem go dey pray for money and when God answer fiammmmm dem go abandon God and even their fellow man dey spend like idiot on top woman wey no pray with them or send dem at all angry

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Jennyclay(f): 8:02am On Apr 10, 2022
No. I can never abandon God. He's my yesterday, today and forever. God answers ALL my prayers.

I pray to God everyday
I praise him everyday

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by WebSurfer(m): 8:03am On Apr 10, 2022
When will Africans learn they have been fooled for over a hundred years with those man made inventions called a “God” and “Bible” Or Allah/Quran ?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by tuoyoojo(m): 8:03am On Apr 10, 2022
Thank God for his mercies

Thank God ,God nor be man

Because if man was God!!!

The people for earth nor for pass 3

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by JosephXavier: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2022
God knows that it is human that when one gets to a comfortable stage, pride sets in and self praise verse 14

I myself has been a culpable to that likewise many other Christians

The only way you can overcome that is reading your scripture and praying against the spirit of pride which has destroyed many people

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by CoronaVirusPro: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2022
JooEeL:
You people have been praying for a better Nigeria since 1960. (A better zoo).

What has the outcome been?
undecided

Nigeria is a valid proof that God does not exist.

Millions of churches and mosque, but country be retrogressive

If prayers works, US and UK should be far behind us.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by dodoatirice: 8:05am On Apr 10, 2022
I swear, i swear, e dey pain me awaba, e dey pain me Awaba

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Eastarn: 8:05am On Apr 10, 2022
na so
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Ebubu: 8:05am On Apr 10, 2022
God has left more of my prayers unanswered than he has answered.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Zeus039(m): 8:06am On Apr 10, 2022
WebSurfer:
When will Africans learn they have been fooled for over a hundred years with those man made invention me called a “God” and “Bible” ? Or a Quran

Help me asksmiley

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Jaymoney5000(m): 8:08am On Apr 10, 2022
Thank you Jesus for the gift of life.....I'm grateful Lord

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Tovard(m): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2022
God is wonderful. Even though on norms, I dey Bleep up as per sinner but He still dey bless me.

Somebody shout Hallelujah!
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by JooEeL(m): 8:10am On Apr 10, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Nigeria is a valid proof that God does not exist.

Millions of churches and mosque, but country be retrogressive

If prayers works, US and UK should be far behind us.

If you tell them d painful truth, the next thing na for them to come for ur head. They will tell you you and devil go roast for their imaginary hell.
Hahaa. Not knowing the British-created contraption is their real hell.

The constant hope of an afterlife has seriously rendered the black man almost irrelevant here on earth.

Catriona Laing, break this zoo now that there's time b4 London bridge go go down o.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by maureensylvia(f): 8:13am On Apr 10, 2022
No
Never

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by oluwaseyi0: 8:14am On Apr 10, 2022
The real question should be has God ever abandoned you even when you beg and pray to him?

Ask this question and let people answer truthfully, you will be shocked at genuine responses

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Realdeals(m): 8:14am On Apr 10, 2022
I don't understand, No human can abandon God, he is with all being irrespective of their faith and beliefs

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

On Going 7-day Facebook Night Vigil Prayers By Dr DK Olukoya / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / The Catholic Church Is Satanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.