Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,870 members, 7,855,561 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial (20912 Views)

Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial / Scandalous Brawl In The Villa: Daily Trust Editorial / Rotimi Amaechi Vows To Take Action Over Train Ticket Racketeering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Winters23: 10:57am On Apr 10, 2022
simpleseyi:
What do you expect from Amaechi's trains? No wonder Wike the wicked banished him from his father's house

grin

Tinubu supporter spoted
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Winters23: 10:58am On Apr 10, 2022
[s]
kolnel:
Very interesting, just as expected.
It's hard for Africans to do things rightly.
Something must go wrong
I still think it's because we are different people who are forced to live together.
The solution might still lie in the disintegration of the entity called Nigeria.
The only reason why Nigeria is still together is corruption.
The thieving politicians know they won't stand a chance if all regions are allowed to go.
It's very sad!
[/s]
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Teenaira: 11:09am On Apr 10, 2022
Newboss:
When they tell you that Nigeria is a hopeless country una think say na curse. It's a statement of fact. The average Nigerian is EXTREMELY corrupt. It's in the DNA of the Nigerian society.

I don't agree with you sir. Did anybody manufactured new human beings in Nigeria. Recall our parents are a symbol of hard work, honesty and great values. The original processes we met growing up are fairly okay.

It is this rogues that call themselves our leaders that brought about almost all the elements of corruption due to their laziness and the urge to leave large. An average Nigerian is under unnecessary pressure as at today and as such looking for ways and means to survive.

Every time I get to the bus stop either early in the morning or in the evenings I always beckon on God to tell me where we missed it. Average Nigerians are hardworking, honest, decent and every good thing you can think about. It is the few people who forced themselves on us and build all forms of structures that can never be sustainable just to continue in office that brought about the modern day calamity called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Bastardlyrich: 11:09am On Apr 10, 2022
tonididdy:

A state that has had only Yoruba governors since it's existence.... undecided

Oga there is no justification for what you have said.
Stop the tribalism.
Lagos now belongs to ss/se as it was before.
I have land there and I have sent my coword land to his home town in osun state.
Anyway he tries nonsonce,I will put the coword In his place.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Bastardlyrich: 11:11am On Apr 10, 2022
aspabay:

Where in the report was Ameachi mentioned?

Is Ameachi the head of NRC? Wasn't Ameachi the one looking for solutions and we have disgraceful Nigerians like you sabotaging the system.
Ameachi will be ashamed of you and your comment.
And the derty, irritating, theivenubu will be proud of you.
Nnama
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by easiest(m): 11:16am On Apr 10, 2022
Giving out nrc to foreign private company to operate can only make things work in Nigeria.
I knew before now that this standard guard railway will fail along the line unless it is manage correctly.
You need to listen to managing director of nrc on nta morning news the following day to the incident, he talk without fact ,he didn't have correct figure and everything under his care.
Nigerian is the hand of God. May he come to our aid
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by od501: 11:22am On Apr 10, 2022
tonididdy:

Stop this angry
Why air peace nor park e plane for only Onitsha airport, why dem dey Lagos airport?
Make hunger kill oyenma?

The bitter truth is that it's only "hungry, poverty stricken" igbos that want a fresh start ( 2nd chance) that are wailing highest for the Biafra land and carry tribalism for head.

The likes of cubana, emoney... Name all the big igbo Lords do not give a wink about NK or imaginary Biafra. Who wants to go start life a fresh again under uncertainty when you are already a mega millionaire under Nigeria?

Ps: I'm an Edo man, STOP THE TRIBALISM.

How wrong you are sir, these same people you mentioned are secretly sponsoring the movement. They can't show it in public else the Fulani FG will seize their investment and banks accounts like they did to maxwell Chinedu. They ran that man down in just a week.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by friendlyadvice: 11:23am On Apr 10, 2022
Flat head tribe at it again
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 10, 2022
BlackSheriff:
Get a chance to work and earn 1 Million Naira by just working from home

Offering :

Earn 1 Million Naira writing articles working from home

This project is flexible for full time workers. Just 3-4 hours of work activity per day is all you need to do this

Hurry up and apply today

Send in your application via WhatsApp to 0-7-0-5-4-0-1-1-4-5-4

It's strictly on first come,first serve basis.

Good Luck
Thief
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Omobalo67: 11:30am On Apr 10, 2022
Rather than the youths to proffer workable solutions and a big think tank to problems bedeviling our Nation, they rather throw tantrums at each other to gratify their paymasters that keep siphoning their future.

The day Nigerian youths come to their senses is the beginning of prosperity for this Nation.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Reference(m): 11:31am On Apr 10, 2022
How many times have we said that government has no business in business.
As long as money is exchanged for goods and services, the public sector will always fail to deliver.
There is NOT A SINGLE government enterprise that is doing well or rendering seamless, efficient services.... NOT ONE.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by sylve11: 11:32am On Apr 10, 2022
Amerengues2:
Corruption is systemic and endemic! The bitter truth and in fact most saddening truth is that, those waiting to steal is larger than those already stealing which further dims the forlorn hope of resurrecting this country.

Save for the bandits attack, we wouldn't have gotten a wind of the level of corruption going on in the railway sector. Disparaging figures of passengers from 960 to 360 to not even equating those who paid to the eventual occupants lends credence to the fact that almost everyone is corrupt except a very few in this country with morals.

As I write, they haven't still gotten the exact figure. It thus shows how wishy-washy the affairs of every sector has been- it's been two weeks and yet nothing concrete has been done including punishing the erring officials at fault.

God won't come down to revive us, the duty is ours!

Well said. cool
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Audukaya: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2022
Hmmm, this country!!
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Badonasty(m): 11:44am On Apr 10, 2022
ogododo:

No be only you, I bought one Airtel and I no use am for some time, one day I see the SIM for my bag, at MMA2, I went to customer care, I wanted to change to 3G them, na so dem tell me de new owner dey Kaduna.

This happened to me too…aboki dey follow me drag line…thank God I went in time to their office…line of almost 11 years
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Newboss(m): 11:44am On Apr 10, 2022
Teenaira:

I don't agree with you sir. Did anybody manufactured new human beings in Nigeria. Recall our parents are a symbol of hard work, honesty and great values. The original processes we met growing up are fairly okay.

It is this rogues that call themselves our leaders that brought about almost all the elements of corruption due to their laziness and the urge to leave large. An average Nigerian is under unnecessary pressure as at today and as such looking for ways and means to survive.

Every time I get to the bus stop either early in the morning or in the evenings I always beckon on God to tell me where we missed it. Average Nigerians are hardworking, honest, decent and every good thing you can think about. It is the few people who forced themselves on us and build all forms of structures that can never be sustainable just to continue in office that brought about the modern day calamity called Nigeria.

Being hardworking and being extremely corrupt are not mutually exclusive.

One can be hardworking and extremely corrupt. It's a very common thing in Nigeria. Corruption has been a serious issue in Nigeria long before our parents were born. Dig through history and you'd see it.

Leaders are not foreigners. Extremely corrupt leaders are actually part of the proof that the average Nigerian is extremely corrupt. These leaders are chosen from among Nigerians.

Our tertiary institutions are some of the most powerful breeding ground for corruption. In fact, you're estranged and castigated if you shun corrupt practices. Youths are groomed to be "sharp" and "smart".

Are we even going to talk about NYSC where people literally work their callup letters to favorable states?

Gee, this country is hopeless. The country will eventually eat itself. Leaving the country should be everyone's priority. This country has late stage cancer. It's irredeemable

1 Like

Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by higgs: 11:47am On Apr 10, 2022
Only fools expect the Nigerian government to be able to manage anything properly. Evil polictians and civil servants. The private sector should quickly be brought in to manage the trains.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Sleekfingers: 11:50am On Apr 10, 2022
kolnel:
Something must go wrong
I still think it's because we are different people who are forced to live together.
The solution might still lie in the disintegration of the entity called Nigeria.
The thieving politicians know they won't stand a chance if all regions are allowed to go.
It's very sad!

And, you think if this country disintegrate, corruption will suddenly go away ? An average nigerian is ready to swindle you. Corruption should nigeria Mantra....
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by tonididdy(m): 11:52am On Apr 10, 2022
od501:

How wrong you are sir, these same people you mentioned are secretly sponsoring the movement. They can't show it in public else the Fulani FG will seize their investment and banks accounts like they did to maxwell Chinedu. They ran that man down in just a week.
... What happened to fighting for what you believe In? grin
Lad if emoney, cubana is sponsoring ipob, trust me Buhari will know and they will suffer same fate as your Chinedu! grin

Trust me.... The govt knows everything, I mean everything
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by tonididdy(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2022
Bastardlyrich:

Lagos now belongs to ss/se as it was before.
I have land there and I have sent my coword land to his home town in osun state.
Anyway he tries nonsonce,I will put the coword In his place.

... well your cup of tea.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2022
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/train-ticket-racketeering-is-how-corruption-kills
The same if not worse happens in every single Nigerian government ministry and agencies!!! Nigeria is indeed a circus!.

Do you really want to know the solution to our problems in Nigeria? If yes , go and read Fyodor Dostoevsky's book CRIME and PURNISHMENT. Have you ever wondered why Nigerians go to Europe and America and are exemplary law abiding citizens? Its because when you commit a crime there, no matter how highly placed, there is a 99% chance that youll be caught and if you are caught there is a 100% possibility that you are going to jail. look here fellow Nigerians, Law and Order, Crime and Punishment is the solid foundation upon which all prosperous and strong countries and economies are built. The moment the President of any country, Government officials, and citizens starts brazenly committing crimes and getting away with it, its just a matter of time that country will become a Failed State! no be swear. That is exactly where Nigeria has deteriorated to. Our problem has never been corruption but IMPUNITY!

1 Like

Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by mmsen: 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
kolnel:
Something must go wrong
It's very sad!

Don't put this on all Africans. This is a Nigerian problem. You people like dishonesty too much.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
50years imprisonment for criminal and corrupt public service staff and politicians...the only way to stop corruption is deterrence, china sentences corrupt officials to life imprisonment and death,.and china grew.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
Nigeria is so bleeped up
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by od501: 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
tonididdy:

... What happened to fighting for what you believe In? grin
Lad if emoney, cubana is sponsoring ipob, trust me Buhari will know and they will suffer same fate as your Chinedu! grin

Trust me.... The govt knows everything, I mean everything

That doesn't decline the fact that they are pro Biafrans at heart. And will do anything to champion it. Remember what started this conversation, you said the billionaires don't support the struggle.

I'm just trying to prove to you that they do, just that they are low key. The hungary ones may be making all the noise, but the rich ones are very much in support. Contrary to what you believe.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Dshocker(m): 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
I keep complaining,yet we want to elect someone that suffers from sickness as president
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Kobicove(m): 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
God1000:
Racketeering and profiteering exist in all strata of nigerian society

Almost everyone in Nigeria wants to cheat the system so he can cash out! sad
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Scientheosopher(m): 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
Using a quote from an insensitive president whose govt is largely the cause of this incident is not-so good.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by tsdarkside(m): 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
una need to start sentencin officials to death like china is doing....

you cant stop corruption by playin nice....
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by babaalagbo11(m): 12:54pm On Apr 10, 2022
Corruption everywhere,from top to the bottom..we needs to work on our mindsets
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by aksule(m): 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
kolnel:
Something must go wrong
It's very sad!
Please tell me that in your region or state as of now, there's no corruption. Even if we divide Nigeria into household unit, there will be corruption. Ask a carpenter, or a mason or an architect and so on to do you a job and observe the word corruption. The perception that either side of the divide will suffer may not be so at the long run.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by GUNITGuy: 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
ultimateprof:
Increase the railway staff salary and their allowances as this will help to reduce corruption in the system.
Another lie Customs Salary have been increased too
But there's still corruption
NNPC, CBN, Maritime, LNG, many agencies earn bogus salary beyond the Average Nigerian yet corruption and greed still persist.....
They need to be regulated using technology, erring officials should be fired with immediate effect ...The money should be paid into CBN and spent judiciously for the betterment of the country
If not NIGERIA WOULD CONTINUE TO REMAIN A LAUGHING STOCK .........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures As Kwankwaso Campaigns In Funtua, Katsina State / PDP kicks as PLASIEC declares APC winner of Plateau LG polls / Falana: Buhari’s Greatest Tribute To Kyari Should Be Fixing Public Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.