Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,187 members, 7,849,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial (20901 Views)

Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial / Scandalous Brawl In The Villa: Daily Trust Editorial / Rotimi Amaechi Vows To Take Action Over Train Ticket Racketeering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by GreyLaw(m): 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
Sleekfingers:

And, you think if this country disintegrate, corruption will suddenly go away ? An average nigerian is ready to swindle you. Corruption should nigeria Mantra....

Sincerely, if Nigeria disintegrates it will be better. The reason being that a new constitution will be drawn up where stealing is actually death worthy, where corruption would lead to a death sentence, where state of origin will be abolished and replaced by place of birth, etc.

Nigerians are not evil people, but the system and constitution which we all subscribe to, is our bane. In that constitution tribalism and corruption are institutionalised, hence the terrible Nigeria you see today.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Enyimbamercedes: 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
The MD NRC and the Minister of Transport are complicit in the racketeering!

These are train lines and coaches procured with Chinese loans; how do we expect to repay the loans when they are operating with such revenue leakage!!!
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by ajl: 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2022
No matter how deep a corrupt system is, if the government or entity behind the project is sincere and ready to solve the problem, there is enough technology to minimize corruption. The problem is that those who are supposed to provide solution to the problem are also largely behind the problem. Finger points to NRC officials.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Sleekfingers: 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
GreyLaw:

Sincerely, if Nigeria disintegrates it will be better. The reason being that a new constitution will be drawn up where stealing is actually death worthy, where corruption would lead to a death sentence, where state of origin will be abolished and replaced by place of birth, etc.

Nigerians are not evil people, but the system and constitution which we all subscribe to, is our bane. In that constitution tribalism and corruption are institutionalised, hence the terrible Nigeria you see today.

Okay
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Sunnyja: 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2022
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/train-ticket-racketeering-is-how-corruption-kills
"We call on the NRC to carry out investigations to fish out the culprits". This is the first joke am reading on NL today.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by SIONKPO1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2022
yusufu16:

I concur with you. The train capacity is 900+ and its always full to capacity. Only 360 tickets was declared officially. I can categorically tell you that more than 600 tickets was sold over the counter. Now money of 600 tickets just went to the pockets of some individuals.

600 x N1500 (average) = N900,000 daily going to the pockets of some individuals. Corruption everwhere and no one is asking questions.
I hate this Government, but you are wrong every ticket sales by NRC goes straight to FG purse
I am a regular patronized of the train,on Mondays the Train hardly have 300passengers
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by SIONKPO1(m): 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2022
Enyimbamercedes:
The MD NRC and the Minister of Transport are complicit in the racketeering!

These are train lines and coaches procured with Chinese loans; how do we expect to repay the loans when they are operating with such revenue leakage!!!

No Revenue Leakage,All Ticket Sales money goes to FG account
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by SIONKPO1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
GUNITGuy:

Another lie Customs Salary have been increased too
But there's still corruption
NNPC, CBN, Maritime, LNG, many agencies earn bogus salary beyond the Average Nigerian yet corruption and greed still persist.....
They need to be regulated using technology, erring officials should be fired with immediate effect ...The money should be paid into CBN and spent judiciously for the betterment of the country
If not NIGERIA WOULD CONTINUE TO REMAIN A LAUGHING STOCK .........
At least Let the Salary of Railway be upgraded to Grade A or B,their staff are really suffering
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Originalsly: 2:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Amerengues2:

Corruption is systemic and endemic! The bitter truth and in fact most saddening truth is that, those waiting to steal is larger than those already stealing which further dims the forlorn hope of resurrecting this country.

@ the bolded... the root of the problem. This cancer can never be under control unless sustained drastic measures are taken to catch and eliminate those caught stealing. But who can do this and not fall on their own sword?... who is not corrupt?
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by ambale(m): 2:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
Franklyspeakin:
Corruption is super endemic and like some one posted up there, the number waiting to steal is larger than the number already stealing. Me sef dey line.

The matter is not even stealing but stealing and making life difficult for others
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Enyimbamercedes: 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
SIONKPO1:

No Revenue Leakage,All Ticket Sales money goes to FG account

Comedian! Over 900 passengers on a train but only 300+ on the manifest!
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
aspabay:

Ask what is already obvious?
I'll rather ask if you have problems with comprehension.
you said
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by SIONKPO1(m): 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2022
Enyimbamercedes:

Comedian! Over 900 passengers on a train but only 300+ on the manifest!

I use that Train very well,the Train is hardly filled up to 40% on Mondays last trip
Not everything online are truth
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by SIONKPO1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
ambale:

The matter is not even stealing but stealing and making life difficult for others
No Stealing situation
NRC operates E-Ticketing,its just like Airlines
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Kinikini: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
The Minister found it expedient to borrow humongous sums to build the rails but hasn't found it expedient to put in place an automated and technology backed ticketing process. Borrowing was easy especially with no plans to pay back. The rail loans alone will sell Nigeria to China.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by tonididdy(m): 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
od501:

That doesn't decline the fact that they are pro Biafrans at heart. And will do anything to champion it. Remember what started this conversation, you said the billionaires don't support the struggle.

I'm just trying to prove to you that they do, just that they are low key. The hungary ones may be making all the noise, but the rich ones are very much in support. Contrary to what you believe.
Quit lying to yourself grin
Champion your energy into Nigeria and make something out for yourself like obi cubana and co.
Lol... So emoney will forgo his Nigerian currencies in billions and his mansions littered all over Lagos for an Imaginary land to start life a fresh

Nnammdi...... bia wake up already grin
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Bfly: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
Miracle should get Nigerians out of this mess
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by od501: 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
tonididdy:

Quit lying to yourself grin
Champion your energy into Nigeria and make something out for yourself like obi cubana and co.
Lol... So emoney will forgo his Nigerian currencies in billions and his mansions littered all over Lagos for an Imaginary land to start life a fresh

Nnammdi...... bia wake up already grin

Who is this one? Oga... not everyone on this forum is as hungery as you. Stop measuring everyone's finances with your present condition. I may not be as wealthy as Cubana, but I and my family can 'never' go hungery, even when we don't work our whole lives. And I made this success the moment I gave up on Nigeria and every other thing it has to offer.

And God forbid I spend 1 sec of my precious time doing anything to make that abomination of a country better. There is nothing to better in that country, your country is gone, they are just looking for a day to call it quit officially. It is even that I pity. Keep believing. Goodluck with that grin
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Teenaira: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
Newboss:

Being hardworking and being extremely corrupt are not mutually exclusive.

True

One can be hardworking and extremely corrupt. It's a very common thing in Nigeria. Corruption has been a serious issue in Nigeria long before our parents were born. Dig through history and you'd see it.

Sure, corruption is part of man but some countries do not celebrate it and our parents didn't too. That is why it seems they are not corrupt.

Leaders are not foreigners. Extremely corrupt leaders are actually part of the proof that the average Nigerian is extremely corrupt. These leaders are chosen from among Nigerians.

See, I don't think these leaders are chosen. Why can't I chose you for instance ? Why is it that it is only past leaders, their family and friends that are qualified to be our leaders ?

Our tertiary institutions are some of the most powerful breeding ground for corruption. In fact, you're estranged and castigated if you shun corrupt practices. Youths are groomed to be "sharp" and "smart".

Side effect of leadership failure

Are we even going to talk about NYSC where people literally work their callup letters to favorable states?

Side effect of leadership failure.
Why should my child go and serve in an unsecure environment knowing fully well government is not bothered about its citizens.

Gee, this country is hopeless. The country will eventually eat itself. Leaving the country should be everyone's priority. This country has late stage cancer. It's irredeemable

You are right on this but be careful, if you need to leave please leave legally and be focused.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Enyimbamercedes: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2022
SIONKPO1:

I use that Train very well,the Train is hardly filled up to 40% on Mondays last trip
Not everything online are truth

Okay sir!
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Perfectbeing(m): 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2022
This is another way where the Government can put NIN to good use. It should be mandatory for passengers to provide their NIN as part of the details when purchasing an e-ticket. Since everyone has only one NIN, it will help reduce the fraud of buying many tickets to resell.

Using this strategy will kill two birds with one stone. It will reduce the corruption as well as force those people with strong head to get their NIN.

Though this strategy isn't foolproof as people can use other people NIN and also the fact that since little kids don't have NIN it will be a problem.. But every problem has a solution.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by Perfectbeing(m): 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
ogododo:

No be only you, I bought one Airtel and I no use am for some time, one day I see the SIM for my bag, at MMA2, I went to customer care, I wanted to change to 3G them, na so dem tell me de new owner dey Kaduna.
Even me, I receive someone's bank alert in my MTN sim. I bought the sim in January 2020 and I forgot it in school before leaving for the lockdown. When school resumed, and I inserted the sim, I started receiving someone else's alert
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by tonididdy(m): 8:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
od501:

Who is this one? Oga... not everyone on this forum is as hungery as you. Stop measuring everyone's finances with your present condition. I may not be as wealthy as Cubana, but I and my family can 'never' go hungery, even when we don't work our whole lives. And I made this success the moment I gave up on Nigeria and every other thing it has to offer.

And God forbid I spend 1 sec of my precious time doing anything to make that abomination of a country better. There is nothing to better in that country, your country is gone, they are just looking for a day to call it quit officially. It is even that I pity. Keep believing. Goodluck with that grin
Elon must of iboland grin
You should spend your 1sec thinking how you gonna raise bail money for your alpha&omega convict NK cheesy
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by od501: 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2022
tonididdy:

Elon must of iboland grin
You should spend your 1sec thinking how you gonna raise bail money for your alpha&omega convict NK cheesy

Shouldn't I be the one saying that sir? Already, your loving and caring FG owe him N1 billion, owe his lawyer N5 million, and already, they have sued for 50 billion for kidnapping him. And remind me how much they owe Sunday Igboho again sef?

I think you should start looking for a way to contribute money to give your darling president, cos the Chinese doesn't have $1 to borrow the world most unless country again. Goodluck with that .
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by tonididdy(m): 11:05pm On Apr 10, 2022
od501:

Shouldn't I be the one saying that sir? Already, your loving and caring FG owe him N1 billion, owe his lawyer N5 million, and already, they have sued for 50 billion for kidnapping him. And remind me how much they owe Sunday Igboho again sef?

I think you should start looking for a way to contribute money to give your darling president, cos the Chinese doesn't have $1 to borrow the world most unless country again. Goodluck with that .
Say what?
grin
If NK nor rot in DSS custody call Buhari bastard grin
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by od501: 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
tonididdy:

Say what?
grin
If NK nor rot in DSS custody call Buhari bastard grin

I will call you bastard rather. And I will derive so much joy doing that.

I just screenshot this. I will definitely remind you when the time comes.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by tonididdy(m): 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
od501:

I will call you bastard rather. And I will derive so much joy doing that.

I just screenshot this. I will definitely remind you when the time comes.
Whatever rocks your boat

Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by bamasite2: 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
So Na Buhari dey sell ticket? Get lost joor
Hisbah21:
Buhari policies always contradicts his words
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by BluntCrazeMan: 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Same reason why our Elections never ever really worked.
Corruption by the staff of INEC.
Re: Train Ticket Racketeering Is How Corruption Kills - Daily Trust Editorial by IbeOkehie: 12:09am On Mar 01
Can anyone tell us the CAUSE of corruption? The root cause?

Good Luck to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State / El-Rufai Accuses CBN Of Printing Only ₦300bn New Notes After Mopping N2 Trillion / I Speak For Myself, Not Prof Osinbajo - Laolu Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.