Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:18 AM

What Game Are You Currently Playing? - Gaming (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Game Are You Currently Playing? (807668 Views)

What Game Are You Currently Playing On Ps2 Plattforms Only... / Which Game Are You Currently Playing? / What Game Can You Play 100times Without Getting Bored And Tired Of It??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (507) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ActivateKruger: 9:10am On Oct 23, 2014
ThaInquisition:

I prefer pc gaming, but since I'm limited on cash I'll stick to my PS4 for awhile,I read an article and I'm gonna need to save a load to get a good rig (HALE
The 4K resolution revolution has
begun. And, even though it’s still in its
infancy and the price tag that comes
with 4K gaming is insane, there are still
those pioneers out there who want to
be the first on board the next best
thing.
Yes, you will need a crazy setup to run
today’s top games on a 4K monitor….
For about $2,500 you can expect to
get your toes wet in 4K gaming…
barely. If you’re looking to play the
more demanding games on a high-res
4K monitor, you’ll need at least three of
the top video cards on the market.
And, those video cards alone can run
you over $2,000.
Not to mention, 4K monitors
themselves aren’t exactly cheap.) elitegamingcomputers.com/high-end-4k-gaming-computers/

Naaah... reviews overhype it.

My friend has a 4k setup... its 2 Radeon 9 280x each costing roughly $350 and a Samsung 4k monitor for $1200. (these are South African prices )

He nails every game at ultra on 4k including Crysis 3 and Metro LL (those are intense).

Below are real pictures... check those 2 cards and then the whole rig in our LAN party setup.

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 9:12am On Oct 23, 2014
ThaInquisition:

Before I used MTN which was really good, but I've moved to Spectranet 4G.

Hmmm MTN? I will have to give it a shot.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 9:19am On Oct 23, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Naaah... reviews overhype it.

My friend has a 4k setup... its 2 Radeon 9 280x each costing roughly $350 and a Samsung 4k monitor for $1200. (these are South African prices )

He nails every game at ultra on 4k including Crysis 3 and Metro LL (those are intense).

Below is are real pictures... check those 2 cards and then the whole rig in our LAN party setup.
Nice, I'll look into 4k gaming..did your friend build the rig himself?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 9:21am On Oct 23, 2014
LordReed:

Hmmm MTN? I will have to give it a shot.
Yeah Mtn is fast on 3G, check out @tha_inquisition if you want to find some new mmo's to play.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ActivateKruger: 9:30am On Oct 23, 2014
ThaInquisition:

Nice, I'll look into 4k gaming..did your friend build the rig himself?

Oh yeah, we all build our rigs... its part of the adventure.. "wink

and if you import from the US, the prices would be cheaper. I'm just holding out for that 35" plus 4k TV that will refresh at 60Hz as the ones we have in SA shops only do 30Hz (curved Samsung UHD LED 65" and LG UHD LED 55" ) which are only fine for playing sport and fighting games but not first person shooters.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Oh yeah, we all build our rigs... its part of the adventure.. "wink

and if you import from the US, the prices would be cheaper. I'm just holding out for that 35" plus 4k TV that will refresh at 60Hz as the ones we have in SA shops only do 30Hz (curved Samsung UHD LED 65" and LG UHD LED 55" ) which are only fine for playing sport and fighting games but not first person shooters.
I would love to play some online games with 4K especially Archeage, but I've never built a pc before I usually buy pre-built rig so I don't know how I'll over come that.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by EvilBrain1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
ThaInquisition:

I would love to play some online games with 4K especially Archeage, but I've never built a pc before I usually buy pre-built rig so I don't know how I'll over come that.

Prebuilt rigs are fine for PC gaming. All you need is to add a graphics card and you're good to go.

Make sure you buy at most a core i5 (quad core). Don't waste your money on an i7, that's serious overkill for gaming purposes and the extra money can be better spent on the GPU. The Xbox one and PS4 both use pathetic netbook CPUs that aren't even close to an i3 in terms of power, so an i5 is more than enough for the foreseeable future. If you're short of cash, you can get an AMD processor which is much cheaper than Intel. Plus AMD have the advantage of having more CPU cores so they'll cope well on games that are designed around the new consoles before being ported to PC.

Get the most powerful graphics card you can afford from the latest generation. If you have crazy money you should get the nvidia geforce 970 for about $320. It easily runs the most demanding games at 1080p/60fps and produces very little heat so you can overclock it and it'll last longer than hotter cards if you use the default clockspeed. Even the cheaper cards like the nvidia 750Ti and the AMD R9 270 still outperform the new consoles and they cost relative peanuts.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ActivateKruger: 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Get the most powerful graphics card you can afford from the latest generation. If you have crazy money you should get the nvidia geforce 970 for about $320. It easily runs the most demanding games at 1080p/60fps and produces very little heat so you can overclock it and it'll last longer than hotter cards if you use the default clockspeed. Even the cheaper cards like the nvidia 750Ti and the AMD R9 270 still outperform the new consoles and they cost relative peanuts.

My next card is the GTX 970, its a newly released card but it costs less than the R9 290x my buddies are getting for the summer holidays.... I know it's an overkill but I love the fact that its a DirectX12 card so when the gaming world goes DirectX12 I will be ready.

Tell me, is the GTX 970 $320 there? its $550 here?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Proffdada: 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
LordReed:

Nothing beats a head exploding by a well placed sniper rifle shot wink

Besides I read that the combat is similar to Batman Arkham series which while very entertaining does not beat good ol' guns in something like COD.
we're still on the same page though different gameplay. combat system of ME:SOM is quiet challenging and the ranking system of your adversaries that remember you everytime you are killed
it's pure fun never been seen before
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 3:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Proffdada:

we're still on the same page though different gameplay. combat system of ME:SOM is quiet challenging and the ranking system of your adversaries that remember you everytime you are killed
it's pure fun never been seen before

Yeah the Nemesis system. Hope it won't create an undefeatable enemy.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
ActivateKruger:

My next card is the GTX 970, its a newly released card but it costs less than the R9 290x my buddies are getting for the summer holidays.... I know it's an overkill but I love the fact that its a DirectX12 card so when the gaming world goes DirectX12 I will be ready.

Tell me, is the GTX 970 $320 there? its $550 here?

$320 is Nvidia's recommended retail price. Buy from the US and ship it to wherever you are using MyUS.com or shoptomydoor.com . Buy more than one item and ship them together to save money.

NB. I just checked Amazon and Newegg and it is mostly out of stock, prolly because people are buying them like crazy. The few retailers that have in stock are taking advantage by adding money. But most models on Newegg are between $330 and $370 and many of those have added features like factory overclocks and improved coolers. Wait for a few weeks for the market to cool down and you'll get it for the proper price.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by exellent91(m): 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
Save money and learn how to produce hair gel,and hair cream now at http://ralpheme.. The tutorial has already started now,so check the site out, go to the forum and you will see click here to go to mega forum,click on it,and that's all.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
Anyone have any tips on what parts I need for a PC that can play Archeage Online on High settings?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Prebuilt rigs are fine for PC gaming. All you need is to add a graphics card and you're good to go.

Make sure you buy at most a core i5 (quad core). Don't waste your money on an i7, that's serious overkill for gaming purposes and the extra money can be better spent on the GPU. The Xbox one and PS4 both use pathetic netbook CPUs that aren't even close to an i3 in terms of power, so an i5 is more than enough for the foreseeable future. If you're short of cash, you can get an AMD processor which is much cheaper than Intel. Plus AMD have the advantage of having more CPU cores so they'll cope well on games that are designed around the new consoles before being ported to PC.

Lol, an octacore 1.6ghz CPU isn't upto an i3.dat CPU is on the same level with an Intel Core i5 3570 but not quite i7, no way,
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Proffdada: 3:52am On Oct 24, 2014
LordReed:

Yeah the Nemesis system. Hope it won't create an undefeatable enemy.
nah it gives you more challenges
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Proffdada: 4:11am On Oct 24, 2014
ThaInquisition:

Yeah Mtn is fast on 3G, check out @tha_inquisition if you want to find some new mmo's to play.
spectranet is now faster @ avg of 2.5mb/s
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by wintersnow(m): 7:19am On Oct 24, 2014
far cry blood dragon...

plz who knows where I can get the evil within..
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Proffdada: 7:38am On Oct 24, 2014
wintersnow:
far cry blood dragon...

kickass torrent
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by wintersnow(m): 7:40am On Oct 24, 2014
Proffdada:

kickass torrent

thanx bro... I just hope it doesn't exceed 4gb
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Proffdada: 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
wintersnow:

thanx bro... I just hope it doesn't exceed 4gb
LolZ you are looking @12gb Atleast
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
malikmoreni:

Lol, an octacore 1.6ghz CPU isn't upto an i3.dat CPU is on the same level with an Intel Core i5 3570 but not quite i7, no way,

Guy, this isn't 10 years ago when you could compare CPUs on paper with just their clock speed and core count. Things have gotten a lot more complicated and AMD is not what they used to be. Don't forget that Intel's architecture is vastly superior, they are manufacturing at a smaller scales (so can pack far more transistors into each chip), they have more cache and (most importantly) they are far more expensive . It's no longer "octa-core is better than quad-core" or "I have more gigahertz than you", you have to use benchmarks or real world performance to compare, not just specs.

The truth is that AMD's top end desktop Vishera chip is barely faster than an i5 at heavily parallelized tasks and its far, far slower in single thread performance. And that's a full-fat desktop proccesor, not the low power, low budget, netbook Jaguar chips that both consoles have. The latest Haswell i5 doesn't just murder Jaguar, it burns down its entire village! The gap is not small at all. It would be fairer to compare Jaguar to the Atom range than an i3, not to talk of i5.

Sony and Microsoft decided on that CPU because it was cheap and power efficient. They wanted to make affordable consoles and rightly chose to spend the bulk of their budget on the GPU. So let me say again, modern i7 CPUs are overkill for gaming, you don't need them. Save your money and buy a decent graphics card.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Guy, this isn't 10 years ago when you could compare CPUs on paper with just their clock speed and core count. Things have gotten a lot more complicated and AMD is not what they used to be. Don't forget that Intel's architecture is vastly superior, they are manufacturing at a smaller scales (so can pack far more transistors into each chip), they have more cache and (most importantly) they are far more expensive . It's no longer "octa-core is better than quad-core" or "I have more gigahertz than you", you have to use benchmarks or real world performance to compare, not just specs.

The truth is that AMD's top end desktop Vishera chip is barely faster than an i5 at heavily parallelized tasks and its far, far slower in single thread performance. And that's a full-fat desktop proccesor, not the low power, low budget, netbook Jaguar chips that both consoles have. The latest Haswell i5 doesn't just murder Jaguar, it burns down its entire village! The gap is not small at all. It would be fairer to compare Jaguar to the Atom range than an i3, not to talk of i5.

Sony and Microsoft decided on that CPU because it was cheap and power efficient. They wanted to make affordable consoles and rightly chose to spend the bulk of their budget on the GPU. So let me say again, modern i7 CPUs are overkill for gaming, you don't need them. Save your money and buy a decent graphics card.

I'm too tired to read your stories and argue, Google those cpu's specs like L caches and stuff

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 1:19am On Oct 25, 2014
My Shadow of Mordor just got delivered today,and my opinion of it so far is that its awesome...the nemesis system is great!
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by jakeharris(m): 1:19am On Oct 25, 2014
Abeg who get fifa 15 for pc hook a bro up
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by twicenoni(m): 7:58am On Oct 25, 2014
If i want to be playing games on laptop what is the minimum spec i shud go for?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by wintersnow(m): 9:07am On Oct 25, 2014
Proffdada:

LolZ you are looking @12gb Atleast

Omg! 12gb...
I berra wait...
shocked
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by neerajarora123(m): 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
Currently playing Dead Space 3
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by omega25red(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
Anyone else playing destiny on ps4? I met two nairalanders on psn already
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by wman(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
wintersnow:
far cry blood dragon...

I have Evil Within and other new games and I deliver all over Nigeria.

Check out my nairaland thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest

Other new games I have include:

*The Evil Within
*Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
*Middle Earth:Shadow Of Mordor
*Borderlands The Presequel
*Alien Isolation
*Fable Anniversary
*Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments
*The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter
*Wasteland 2
*Lichdom Battlemage
*Unreal Tournament 2004
* Ryse Son Of Rome
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by wman(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
ElPhenomenal:
Watz up guys,pls can anybody share me a link to download cod black ops a2...been looking for the game like hell
I have all the PC games you need and I deliver all over Nigeria. Check my Nairaland thread here:

My full list is available here: http:///GARNETLIST

My nairaland thread is: https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by lordraiden(m): 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
twicenoni:
If i want to be playing games on laptop what is the minimum spec i shud go for?
go for core i3 pcs with nvidia or ati graphics.dont go and carry pc with intel gpu for gaming oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (507) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.