Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,994 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

What Game Are You Currently Playing? - Gaming (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Game Are You Currently Playing? (775346 Views)

What Game Are You Currently Playing On Ps2 Plattforms Only... / Which Game Are You Currently Playing? / What Game Can You Play 100times Without Getting Bored And Tired Of It??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (498) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by JMystique(m): 8:08am On Jan 08, 2016
samted:

Splinter cell is a stealth game..not uncharted.

Yeah, mixed it up.Anyways if you don't like it don't play it,why am I even stressing myself sef.Enjoy
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by JMystique(m): 8:09am On Jan 08, 2016
samted:

UC 2 is not as great as y'all make it seem. everything about it is drab. the physics behind the movement is poor. the gunplay is quite horrible. the indication of being shot at is the worst i have seen. i even prefer the sniper elite series to uncharted.

Lol, Sniper Elite?Good for you.Enjoy
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by delgado63: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2016
any one playing GTA V online? #PS4
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 9:49am On Jan 08, 2016
JMystique:

Nah I played Syphon Filter,where your constantly crouched and doing the slow walk n stuff,great game but that's majorly a stealth game and very slow.UC gvs u d stealth or gung ho option and is faster paced yet still challenging,dont know y ppl compare UC to stealth games cos UC's stealth is mostly pointless.I don't rily lyk having to creep up behind enemies again and again and again,bores me to death.Syphon filter could be compared more to MGS IV,now that was a stealth game with perfectly blended with Rambo style action.Just try out the full game,i'm sure you'll change ur opinion,cos this is the first time I'm hearing someone doesn't like uncharted.Hell my sister even enjoys watching me play it,and she hates video games

My opinion of UC2 is shared by others on the Internet just Google "Uncharted is boring". The number one complaint is the shooting, it is subpar for this kind of game. My experience of it feels like the developers don't want you to shoot because the close combat feels more substantial, it feels like they want you to close up with the enemy and engage in fisty cuffs. As for stealth on demo level I played there's a broken house you enter where some guys are patrolling inside and outside, if you start shooting from the door you'll probably be overrun because the shooting is crap so best do stealth yet you cannot use cover effectively you can't effectively exploit line of sight. The platforming feels forced, sometimes when I do a jump the character seems to have magnets in his hands that draw him to a specific place not the place I was aiming for.

Syphon Filter was action stealth and many levels required frantic running and shooting and a bit of platforming which why I compared it. More than anything the combination of all the elements were an excellent blend with an engaging story and pacing. I maybe be over expecting from Uncharted but I think you get where I am coming from.

Anyway maybe I need to replay it again and give it another chance.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by JMystique(m): 10:13am On Jan 08, 2016
LordReed:

My opinion of UC2 is shared by others on the Internet just Google "Uncharted is boring". The number one complaint is the shooting, it is subpar for this kind of game. My experience of it feels like the developers don't want you to shoot because the close combat feels more substantial, it feels like they want you to close up with the enemy and engage in fisty cuffs. As for stealth on demo level I played there's a broken house you enter where some guys are patrolling inside and outside, if you start shooting from the door you'll probably be overrun because the shooting is crap so best do stealth yet you cannot use cover effectively you can't effectively exploit line of sight. The platforming feels forced, sometimes when I do a jump the character seems to have magnets in his hands that draw him to a specific place not the place I was aiming for.

Syphon Filter was action stealth and many levels required frantic running and shooting and a bit of platforming which why I compared it. More than anything the combination of all the elements were an excellent blend with an engaging story and pacing. I maybe be over expecting from Uncharted but I think you get where I am coming from.

Anyway maybe I need to replay it again and give it another chance.

Well,uncharted seems to be among the top 10 games of probably every gaming forumm you wanna check,and has higher ratings than many of the games you guys have mentioned in comparison.Its normal If some people just don't like it tho,theres humans out there who don't like GTA lol.Same thing happened to m with Red Dead Redemption,heard so many great things about it,rated very highly by everyone,i simply hated it.Now that was a BORIING game. Couldn't get into it despite trying and trying,cos I'm mostly a long suffering person.I deleted it before getting even halfway,guess some games are simply not for some people
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ozyblazze: 11:30am On Jan 08, 2016
tziz:
I dont hav Ps3 anymor bro. Its PS4 am tlking bout..
cry thanks anyways
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by bufness(m): 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
hi guys, just got an xbox1 and then i find out that my tv has no hdmi port angry.. does any1 know if using an hdmi converter would help
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
bufness:
hi guys, just got an xbox1 and then i find out that my tv has no hdmi port angry.. does any1 know if using an hdmi converter would help

Why not use component cable? Or the TV doesn't have AV in as well?

BTW what kind of TV in this day and age has no hdmi? No TV sold within the past 5-7years should be lacking hdmi.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by bufness(m): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
LordReed:

Why not use component cable? Or the TV doesn't have AV in as well?

BTW what kind of TV in this day and age has no hdmi? No TV sold within the past 5-7years should be lacking hdmi.
lol, its an old tv, sony, the one i was using spoilt, and i had to switch to it, now i got an xbox, i didnt know bout the the hdmi thingy, btw someone told me xbox1 doesnt support a component cable
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
bufness:
lol, its an old tv, sony, the one i was using spoilt, and i had to switch to it, now i got an xbox, i didnt know bout the the hdmi thingy, btw someone told me xbox1 doesnt support a component cable

Ahh I guessed as much. Yes you'd have to use hdmi to av converter.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by bufness(m): 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
LordReed:

Ahh I guessed as much. Yes you'd have to use hdmi to av converter.
thanks sire, any idea bout the price range?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 12:50am On Jan 09, 2016
bufness:
thanks sire, any idea bout the price range?

I haven't seen hdmi to av cables around but you can get on aliexpress for less than $2 free shipping. Delivery time is usually a bit long though, about 20-30 days. If that is too long to wait then you can go for a hdmi to av converter box which is about N5500 on Konga (plus you may still need to buy cables).
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by bufness(m): 7:26am On Jan 09, 2016
LordReed:

I haven't seen hdmi to av cables around but you can get on aliexpress for less than $2 free shipping. Delivery time is usually a bit long though, about 20-30 days. If that is too long to wait then you can go for a hdmi to av converter box which is about N5500 on Konga (plus you may still need to buy cables).
thanks
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by emwye(m): 12:26am On Jan 12, 2016
Just Cause 3 - Ps4. I'm really digging it.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 12, 2016
i've got uncharted 3 for ps3 and im not really digging it. anybody willing to swap?? lasgidi is the location
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by heatpipe: 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
GTA v on PC on 4k simply rocks. Simply too photo-realistic, rockstar really made a solid PC port. Ubisoft pay attention.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by swagifted(m): 12:23am On Jan 13, 2016
heatpipe:
GTA v on PC on 4k simply rocks. Simply too photo-realistic, rockstar really made a solid PC port. Ubisoft pay attention.
are u speaking from a personal review? What's the spec of your system.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by heatpipe: 11:00am On Jan 13, 2016
swagifted:
are u speaking from a personal review? What's the spec of your system.
I speak from my personal experience. i achieve the resolution using my dual 1080p led screen setup using eyeinfinity by combining the resolution of both screen to achieve native 4k resolution.

my specs core i5 4690k

ram ripjaw x 16gb ddr3
vga cossfire r9 390 second gpu r9 390x
motherboard z97 extreme motherboard
psu evga 750g2 supernova 80 plus gold certified

cooling system corsair cpu cooler

25gb ssd
hdd 1 terabyte

I have currently disabled one of my gpu's due to the extremely high power consumption,my 750 watt psu is barely enough to power the two cards at peak speed , so am planning to upgrade to a 1000 watt platinum certified psu to handle my dual gpu setup. using my dual gpu , i played gta at 4k res using my two screens in eye infinity mode at ultra quality at near 60 fps locked with advanced graphics options maxed out.but i have downscaled the resolutiopn to 1440p because i use one card only for now pending when i get a new psu.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by DenisRock(m): 11:34am On Jan 13, 2016
Left 4 dead 2(awesome)
Tomb raider 2013(awesome)
GTA:episodes from liberty city(pretty good)
Resident evil 5(pretty good)
Resident evil 6(awesome)
Alan wake(pretty good but sometimes hard and repetitive)
Crysis 2(awsome graphics.just starting it tho)
Assassin's creed revelations(awesome)
All of them on PC.
BTW does anyone have The Sims 3 on PC here??If so how good is it?Wanna try it out.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by tziz(m): 11:51am On Jan 13, 2016
heatpipe:
I speak from my personal experience. i achieve the resolution using my dual 1080p led screen setup using eyeinfinity by combining the resolution of both screen to achieve native 4k resolution.

my specs core i5 4690k

ram ripjaw x 16gb ddr3

25gb ssd
hdd 1 terabyte

I have currently disabled one of my gpu's due to the extremely high power consumption,my 750 watt psu is barely enough to power the two cards at peak speed , so am planning to upgrade to a 1000 watt platinum certified psu to handle my dual gpu setup. using my dual gpu , i played gta at 4k res using my two screens in eye infinity mode at ultra quality at near 60 fps locked with advanced graphics options maxed out.but i have downscaled the resolutiopn to 1440p because i use one card only for now pending when i get a new psu.
Solid!
Had to switch frm gaming on my lappy to PS4, still hav eyes on PC gaming dou, iv realised overtime dt gaming on a laptop is jst a waste of cash, nxt am building a gaming desktop.. Dats wher to be!
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by heatpipe: 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
tziz:

Solid!
Had to switch frm gaming on my lappy to PS4, still hav eyes on PC gaming dou, iv realised overtime dt gaming on a laptop is jst a waste of cash, nxt am building a gaming desktop.. Dats wher to be!
You are right. But gaming on laptop has benefits in terms of gaming on the go. For visual fidelity and performance if you really need a high-end desktop performance on a laptop , you have to invest more cash in the range of $1500 to 2000 bucks for it.Ofcourse a gtx 970m or 980m should be the minimum target gpu. In the case of a rig there is no limit to how much you invest ,you get serious value for your investment.Like am currently working on doing a major overhaul. i do a lot of rendering ,simulation and process engineering apart from gaming. so i need to invest more on the cpu side of things. i am building a new primary rig with the new intel i7 6950x cpu. The massive hyper-threading support and availability of more cores comes in handy in my line of work .Due to different cpu pin configurationand architecture i would have to purchase a brand new x99s extreme board with ddr4 support for my new cpu. The beauty of desktop is reusability which means i can swap a lot parts in my current rig to my new rig which am building ,thus saving me a good amount of cash.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Robinokhalifa(m): 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
Jst finished playinq saints row iii pls anybody willinq to share saints row iv pc i stay in laq we can swap games
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 13, 2016
DenisRock:
Left 4 dead 2(awesome)
Tomb raider 2013(awesome)
GTA:episodes from liberty city(pretty good)
Resident evil 5(pretty good)
Resident evil 6(awesome)
Alan wake(pretty good but sometimes hard and repetitive)
Crysis 2(awsome graphics.just starting it tho)
Assassin's creed revelations(awesome)
All of them on PC.
BTW does anyone have The Sims 3 on PC here??If so how good is it?Wanna try it out.

sims 3 is addictive as Bleep. lots of options. if your device is a machine, the graphics and game physics are on point. i never liked the game but i downloaded it with free internet and now i can't get enough. definitely worth a try.

if you have a powerful machine. just go for sims 4
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the most boring RPG i've ever played. I just cant bring myself to playing anoda second.

Alt+Del+Uninstall -___-

2 Likes

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by tziz(m): 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
heatpipe:
You are right. But gaming on laptop has benefits in terms of gaming on the go. For visual fidelity and performance if you really need a high-end desktop performance on a laptop , you have to invest more cash in the range of $1500 to 2000 bucks for it.Ofcourse a gtx 970m or 980m should be the minimum target gpu. In the case of a rig there is no limit to how much you invest ,you get serious value for your investment.Like am currently working on doing a major overhaul. i do a lot of rendering ,simulation and process engineering apart from gaming. so i need to invest more on the cpu side of things. i am building a new primary rig with the new intel i7 6950x cpu. The massive hyper-threading support and availability of more cores comes in handy in my line of work .Due to different cpu pin configurationand architecture i would have to purchase a brand new x99s extreme board with ddr4 support for my new cpu. The beauty of desktop is reusability which means i can swap a lot parts in my current rig to my new rig which am building ,thus saving me a good amount of cash.
Very correct! cool
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Robinokhalifa(m): 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the most boring RPG i've ever played. I just cant bring myself to playing anoda second.

Alt+Del+Uninstall -___-
seriously?? 'Nd am planninq to buy it o. .
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
Robinokhalifa:
seriously?? 'Nd am planninq to buy it o. .
If its ur kind of thing, u might like it.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Robinokhalifa(m): 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
If its ur kind of thing, u might like it.
its an open world game?? abi whats the size??
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by DenisRock(m): 6:13am On Jan 14, 2016
samted:

sims 3 is addictive as Bleep. lots of options. if your device is a machine, the graphics and game physics are on point. i never liked the game but i downloaded it with free internet and now i can't get enough. definitely worth a try.

if you have a powerful machine. just go for sims 4
Okay thanks.I hv always been a Sims fan.Its one of those semi casual games I can't get enough of.Where did you download the Sims 3 from?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by swagifted(m): 7:43am On Jan 14, 2016
heatpipe:

my specs core i5 4690k

ram ripjaw x 16gb ddr3

25gb ssd
hdd 1 terabyte

I believe you are not based in nigeria...
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 14, 2016
DenisRock:

Okay thanks.I hv always been a Sims fan.Its one of those semi casual games I can't get enough of.Where did you download the Sims 3 from?

www.oceanofgames.com never had any issues there. plus they give full and single links. zip or iso files. just make sure u have idm.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by heatpipe: 9:04am On Jan 14, 2016
swagifted:
I believe you are not based in nigeria...
nope am not. Although am currently working as an expatriate(consultancy services)for the next 6 months in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (498) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.