Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,978 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister (9990 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... / How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
I just finished watching the Screening of Dr. Ngozi Nkojo-weala.
This woman is stronger and more intelligent than I ever imagined!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by aljharem3: 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2011
yes she is intelligent but sometimes over rated

also, dora before the election
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2011
During the 'Lecture' (screening), one senator couldnt speak English properly. He found it hard to convey his question and was always saying 'Yes ma', 'Madam' etc as if Ngo is his Professor in University
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2011
Also, Senator Oluremi Tinubu got up to try to advise her colleagues to soft-pedal on the kind of questions they throw at Ngozi. But was hushhhed down by others. 'I still have the floor' she said and David mark allowed her to 'land'.
Then she said : unbehalf of the Nigerian women, ' Another shouts from senators.
Finally she said: ' I believe in Ngozi, and that she is capable of delivering most especially create jobs, '
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by EzeUche(m): 1:28pm On Jul 06, 2011
What would you expect from an Ivy League educated woman? undecided
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2011
Senator Andy Uba asked about the national Rolling plan of the Eighties, why there are no short-term , Middle-term and Long-term plans again'
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by Odunnu: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
You go girl!!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by NegroNtns(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2011
Exactly!

Enyo is having a delirious moment. How else would you expect her intelligence given she is an executive at world bank. It says one thing: your imagination is narrow!

Like alj said: Ngozi is over rated!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2011
On Non-interest banking, Dr Ngozi said from what she knows, she thinks Non-interest Banking is just another form of Banking whereby instead of the Investors getting interests on Loans offered, the Borrower and Lender share the Profits.
She said we should put emotions aside and look at it objectively. that countries that practice this are doing very well at it in addition to other types of banking.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2011
Concerning the issue of what to do to bridge the gap btw the rich and the poor, Ngozi said that she has personally gone over to Ariaria Market to interview the small-scale manufacturers/business boys there.
She saw one who had to melt his rubber for shoes on a stove!

She went to outline the necessary requirements which she termed 'buckets'
* First Bucket: Infrastructure (i.e good roads, etc
*second Bucket: Power
*Third bucket: Access to finance
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
cheesy This wOman Dr.Ngozi Damn too good, But i pray they Let her, lipsrsealed
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2011
ADVICE:
Madam Head Tie, you have just been given a golden opportunity,
Please don't squander it. Maximize it an you will just step into the Presidency as a president or Vice President come 2015!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
just finished watching Aganga's own
He sounds very sound and Intelligent in his own right
But compared to Ngozi, the difference is as a gulf!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
Come to think of it, what post is GEJ giving Aganga if he called Ngozi for Finance?
Is there 'Prime Minister' in the constitution?
Some-one help!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by ReachRich(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^ i was just thinking d same thing.Or is GJ going to give Aganga junior minister?
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2011
ReachRich:

^^^ i was just thinking d same thing.Or is GJ going to give Aganga junior minister?

He won't accept it!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by mbulela: 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
ReachRich:

i thought the lagos senators were against his confirmation?
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by mbulela: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
enyojo:

Also, Senator Oluremi Tinubu got up to try to advise her colleagues to soft-pedal on the kind of questions they throw at Ngozi. But was hushhhed down by others. 'I still have the floor' she said and David mark allowed her to 'land'.
Then she said : unbehalf of the Nigerian women, ' Another shouts from senators.
Finally she said: ' I believe in Ngozi, and that she is capable of delivering most especially create jobs, '

What c rap was she spewing?
she should just keep quiet and be seen not heard.
I doubt she has anything to contribute in that Senate.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by kasiem(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
aganga will man the ministry of esusu affairs
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by proudly9ja(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2011
The challenge isn't whether Ngozi can deliver on her brief, the challenge has always been how far her achievements will go in moving Nigeria forward.

The economic team as assembled by OBJ with Ribadu, El-Rufai, Ngozi, Ezekwesili, etc was an 'A' team and would have done a lot in moving us forward if OBJ hadn't gone haywire with the third term objective.

Goodluck needs to provide capable hands for other aspects of the economy for any effect to reach the masses. Selection of Ngozi is a good move. Bath Nnaji also seems to me to be someone who can do well if given the chance in the power sector (I must confess I only know about his academic background cos I'm in the same field and I know nothing about his administrative abilities).
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by DisGuy: 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2011
It's one thing choosing an A team, it's another leading them and protecting them from politicians and 'Elders'

Aganga will probably be in commerce and industry

where is the end product of Barth Nnaji's Geothermal?
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by enyojo(f): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2011
proudly9ja:

Goodluck needs to provide capable hands for other aspects of the economy for any effect to reach the masses. Selection of Ngozi is a good move. Bath Nnaji also seems to me to be someone who can do well if given the chance in the power sector (I must confess I only know about his academic background cos I'm in the same field and I know nothing about his administrative abilities).

^^ I think if I get ur point, you are saying that a Lionel Messi playing among Heartland FC of Owerri might not achieve much. Ko?
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by DisGuy: 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2011
Seems many people are not watching the screening

what happened to Nnaji and Aganga, no questions asked?
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by ak47mann(m): 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2011
other tribes have finish Nigeria now SE will help and fix the country they looted and mismanaged embarassed embarassed
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by okosodo: 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2011
Our senators have sealed the countries fate, nothing can be done to this dungeon called nigeria. Bringing Iweala will only lead to unnecessary face off's, that is if she does not join them later
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by deadie(m): 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2011
kliffo:

Dr.Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is from the south south and married to an Abia man. Get your facts
right before ridiculing the Igbos you are trying to promote.

Not to support the views of the person you are responding to, but Dr. Okonjo-Iweala is a Delta Igbo, and also married to an Igbo from Umuahia as you pointed out.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by NegroNtns(m): 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
Please don't squander it. Maximize it an you will just step into the Presidency as a president or Vice President come 2015!
Enyojo,

Isn't madam igbo? Why do u say 2015?

You mean 2023! The SE zone is what Gej is siiting on at moment. Hausa gets it next on 2015, then Yoruba and Igbo after that.

Stop that 2015 nonsense campaign.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by londoner: 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
Yeah I suspected she was Delta Igbo, since her first name is also an Igbo name, so I doubted her Igbo connection is just from marriage. Anyway, we need Nigerians, not Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas etc.

Her tribe is actually irrelevant.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by NegroNtns(m): 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
Oh, I bet it doesn't!

. . . But Sanusi's does!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by muyoto: 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
so okonjo is the majic wand to all of our probmens? i laff in boko
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2011
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by DisGuy: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Oh, I bet it doesn't!

. . . But Sanusi's does!

you can say that again!!

muyoto:

so okonjo is the majic wand to all of our probmens? i laff in boko

yes all the ministries headed by Igbos will be transformed! anybody that criticize them has an agenda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan / IGBOS And The South South Minorities. / Igbo Must Produce President In 2023 –Senator Hope Uzodimma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.