Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! (714 Views)

When You Win Lottery And Your Girlfriend Shouts "We Have Won" / 5 Truths You Should Tell Yourself Before Entering Into A New Relationship / You Find Out She Has A Fake Butt Three Weeks Into Dating. What Do You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by dealordea(m): 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2011
Well unfortunately this hasn't happened to me but i was thinking about it the other day. What if you just recently started a relationship and so far it truly was great and then you check out your tickets and you won the jackpot.

Do you tell your new partner and hope he/she doesn't see a spending spree in his/her honour?

Do you break it off and do all the things you've ever wanted to do as a single person?

Do you tell them but get a lawyer right away to make sure that money STAYs your money?

or do you give the winning ticket to your parents to avoid any immediate possible problems?

or do you sit on the ticket for months hoping that the relationship is the real thing and if it is the real thing and if it is the real thing you then have to explain why you kept a winning lottery ticket a secret.?

personally i think i'd cash the money and still live my current lifestyle except i'd quit my job and i'd be very receptive about any personality changes in my partner.
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by Dyt(f): 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2011
Nottin new
tell ur partner
n den do every oda thing u wanna do wit d dough
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by sistajay(f): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
Why do some people act drunk when dey see money? When you win the lotto, carry megafone and tell the world, you will feel a whole lot better sharin the money, its time wastin tryin to find out who your real friends are. . . . . . . wink
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by dealordea(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Sista-jay, He never happen , just an idea
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by sistajay(f): 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2011
deal_ordea:

@Sista-jay, He never happen , just an idea

I knew that . . . . grin so is mine. . . .
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by 9dynasty(m): 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2011
at least put a price undecided . . depends on the amount of money involved
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
She doesn't need to know that until she becomes my wife.
You'd be surprised how big, instant money makes otherwise-rational people instantly lose 100 IQ points and start being dumb.
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by xxcarolxx(f): 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
Funny was just thinking about this the other day also, Still thinking on what i would do though if i ever did win, grin
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by dealordea(m): 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2011
@xxcarolxx, what will u do?
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by ronkebp(f): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
Keep it to yourself, at first, since you hardly know the type of person she is, what if she is a swindler or a thief, moo she will just organize people for you, so I would rather, you wait till after few months or even a year when you think it is time to settle down and you really wanna settle down with her.
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by dealordea(m): 11:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
@ronkebp, nice one
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by xxcarolxx(f): 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
If it was a new relationship i would keep it under wraps for awhile, so wouldn't be seen as a meal ticket, But i would share the money eventually,
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by dealordea(m): 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
@xxcarolxx, Big time liar
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by xxcarolxx(f): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2011
deal_ordea:

@xxcarolxx, Big time liar
Why am i lying?? shocked I would share, first will look after my family, then some friends, then charities, But all depended on the amount, So if you started a new relationship would you share straight away.?
Re: 2 Weeks Into A Great New Relationship And You Win The Lottery! by iice(f): 2:19am On Jul 07, 2011
Don't tell him yet. 2 weeks is too short a time to know a person.
Heck sometimes takes years to know someone.
Money does funny ish to people. Seen time and time again.
Anyway i'd share the money with family first.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Got More Feelings For My Ex: / Greetin Ur Ex-guy Whn Married Is It Good / Can I Know your Preference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.