Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse (683 Views)

Groom Calls Off Wedding After Discovering Bride Visited Her Ex (pics/video) / Lady Calls Off Wedding To Fiance After Discovering He Slept With Multiple Men / Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by ignis: 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2022
A Facebook user, Ada Uburu, has called off her marriage to one David Okike, scheduled to take place on Saturday.

Uburu made the announcement on her Facebook page on Wednesday.

She said, “I never wanted to bring this here but I have to, I am a type of person who likes to keep my relationship away from social media but this is for clarification purposes.

“This was my secondary school classmate, who I thought I knew to an extent. On December 28, 2020, he did the 1st and 2nd stages in my family marriage list which bride price happened to be on the 2nd stage which he paid. After he paid my bride price, he started maltreating me.

“2021 was hell for me that at some point I left home. After everything, we settled around November 2021 and he promised he will never beat me again. But still, nothing CHANGED.

“This is my reason why I am CALLING OFF the Traditional Marriage (Igba Ngwu) and White Wedding ceremony between me and DAVID OKIKE OFF. (Beating me was not part of the agreement in our marriage).”

She alleged that Okike beat her in the presence of his mum, sisters and neighbours last Monday and threatened her with a cutlass from his mother’s kitchen.

Credit: Facebook| Ada Uburu

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1125662428221904&id=100023344715047

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by dynicks(m): 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
Way to go!!....

Forget bout what people would say..! If u feel u ain't gonna be safe, then ball!!....

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by tydi(m): 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2022
Lol
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by citywal(m): 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2022
A dating advice question I get asked a lot by women/men is "Should you have sex on the 1st date? When is the best time to sleep with a guy/girl? Is it bad for a woman/man to have sex with a guy on the first date?".

Please if you like this video don't forget to support us by subscribing to our youtube channel and also like, comment and share this video to encourage us to keep making interesting videos like this.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5PQgmh1Ys
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2022
Magnoliaa abi wetin you think?
Make we no still call off our own oo. grin
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by Blakjewelry(m): 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
Shey them post one bad boy vs nice guy for nairaland this is the result of a bad boy grin grin angry
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by Uprightness100(m): 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
As long as you are not yet husband and wife , there is no problem.
A broken relationship is better than a broken Marriage.
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by ignis: 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
Uprightness100:

Even if you have become husband and wife with children....
A broken marriage is better than obituary.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
Uprightness100:
Make thunder no fire ya mouth,na wetin give osinachi go ahead to kill that lady,you online craze wannabe pastor keep misinterpreting and rearranging the Bible.
So make the victim of domestic violence die inside because say she wan please who?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by wowmenow: 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
That's how they will keep calling of marriage lying under physical abuse without evidence.

The way this women will be lonely at old age they don't know

Men marry only loyal women this modern women are toxic
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by ignis: 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
wowmenow:
That's how they will keep calling of marriage lying under physical abuse without evidence.

The way this women will be lonely at old age they don't know

Men marry only loyal women this modern women are toxic

What are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by siofra(f): 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Fools above me.

Meanwhile see the ugly, dirty thing maltreating the woman angry

3 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
This is indeed good news abeg! I am happy for the woman and I am glad she dose herself over what may have turned out nothing but a lifetime of DV abeg. undecided

Congratulations madam! undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
EST decision for you babe. Mo listen to plea o!
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This is indeed good news abeg! I am happy for the woman and I am glad she dose herself over what may have turned out nothing but a lifetime of DV abeg. undecided

Congratulations madam! undecided
grin
Wahala.
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Abuse by freetheking: 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2022
ignis:
A Nigerian woman recently called off her wedding because of domestic violence...

The woman by Ada Uburu disclosed on her Facebook Post.

Hello Guys!!!

I never wanted to bring this here but I have to, I am a type of person who likes to keep my relationship away from social media but this is for clarification purposes.

This was my secondary school classmate who I thought I knew to an extent. On December 28, 2020 he did the 1st and 2nd stage in my family marriage list which bride price happened to be on the 2nd stage which he paid. After he paid my bride price he started maltreating me.

2021 was hell for me that at some point I left home, after everything we settled around November 2021 which he promised he will never beat me again. But still nothing CHANGED.

This is my reason why I am CALLING OFF the Traditional Marriage (Igba Ngwu) and White Wedding ceremony between me and DAVID OKIKE OFF. (Beating me was not part of the agreement in our Marriage)

This Saturday should have been my traditional and white wedding ceremony day.... I supposed to be happy but I am not.

For couple of months now I have been going through a lot.

I have been in a TOXIC RELATIONSHIP for OVER a YEAR now.. I am aware that this may be a shock to many people, especially people from my Home Town. My supposed husband HIT and ABUSE me in any slightest provocation, just small misunderstanding without minding what condition I am into.

Because I have chosen ME and I will not live my entire life facing DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. My supposed husband is full of RAGE, BEATING me with his Belt, Stick, Broom is his DAILY ROUTINE, Many a times he had lifted his hammer � on me and this Monday last week just because of little misunderstanding he beat me mercilessly and on the process of it he rushed into his mother's kitchen for a cutlass, when I noticed he's going for a weapon I locked the door behind him which he forcefully opened, both his mother and Sisters and some neighbors were begging him not to cut me with the cutlass ... With all these things and more I am fed up.

I AM CALLING OFF THE WEDDING AND TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE (IGBA NGWU) BETWEEN ME AND DAVID OKIKE that supposed to hold on this Saturday 16th, April 2022.

Please to my family and friends I am so sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you ��

But I will not end up with a man who always promise that if I didn't kill him, that he will kill me.

I am still suffering from unstoppable headache I sustained from the head injury he gave me 3 weeks ago.

The "bride price paid" will be Returned in due time.

Please Respect my choices. Thanks and God bless you all.

©ADA UBURU

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1125662428221904&id=100023344715047
please don't look back or allow anybody to discourage you ex na here we go read your story.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Okay For My Mother To Want Me Out Of Her House When She Lives Alone? / There Is No Love In Islam (Viral Video) / Young Lady Confesses To Locking Her Boyfriend With Charm (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.