Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party (4928 Views)

We Must Act Decisively Against Terrorism – Buhari / Yaradua Decisively Dealt With This Same Boko Haram / Condemnation Not Enough, Act Decisively Now - Kumuyi Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Ericology(m): 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2011
Danni2:

Obasanjo could only take 'decisive' action against a 'christian' dominated area, NOT 'muslim' dominated. Why did Obasanjo not take 'decisive' action during the 'sharia' riot in Kano and Kaduna? It took a muslim president (Musa Yar'Adua, God bless his soul) to take a 'decisive' action. Nigeria is too polarized along religious lines for any president to take a 'decisive' action without considering the 'religio-political' consequences. I like the approach of GEJ. Caution is needed at this time more than ever. At the right time, a 'decisive' action can be taken if necessary.
Another sensible post
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Exponental(m): 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2011
U guys 4get democracy allows Poo.s to happen.
OBJ would av done sth SAP SAP as a military man but his democratic presidency wouldnt allow him take som action. He was slow in som decisions too.
U shld not 4get dat Boko Haram agents go dey Aso Rock/Presidency 2 get info b4 strategizing.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by russellino: 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2011
Danni2:

Obasanjo could only take 'decisive' action against a 'christian' dominated area, NOT 'muslim' dominated. Why did Obasanjo not take 'decisive' action during the 'sharia' riot in Kano and Kaduna? It took a muslim president (Musa Yar'Adua, God bless his soul) to take a 'decisive' action. Nigeria is too polarized along religious lines for any president to take a 'decisive' action without considering the 'religio-political' consequences. I like the approach of GEJ. Caution is needed at this time more than ever. At the right time, a 'decisive' action can be taken if necessary.

Good point but dont forget that Obj has a lot of ''village sense''. The religio-political factors exist and are formidable but you can bet that Obj would have selected a northern/muslim officer to head the JTF and take action not a S.Easterner like GEJ has appointed.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Nwaokike(f): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2011
As much as i hate to admit it, it's true
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Royal2010(m): 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2011
The problem with any form of uprising is injustice and the kind of injustice here, is that the level of poverty is too high there in the North.Whatever you see happening can be translated as religious but the underlying problem is poverty.Those who are rooming about idle today may have been engaged if our economy is good enough. That is why Al-Qaeda don't operate in progressive Arab countries like UAE,Quatar and even Saudi Arabia.These places nobody is poor and no body will waste his life(commit suicide) when he has many more years to enjoy added to the enjoying already.Those who have been to these places will tell you, unlike Afghanistan and Yemen. If they (trouble makers) even venture to try to cause any form of disability in these advanced Arab economies they will be crushed in a second.Very soon,the southern part of Nigeria will join this unrest or go back to the agitation as we experienced in the Niger Delta, Whatever peace we are experiencing in the South-south of the south is because Jonathan is President and is from South-South.So if the Government are serious they better do something about the level of poverty.A word is enough for the wise(those who are up there are really fools)
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by adaybayor(m): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2011
damn,dis man must be dumb,which Obj?shey d same one way no fit handle niger delta, even the sick yar'adua(RIP) did beta dan fucking obj so stop spitting garbagedamn,dis man must be dumb,which Obj?shey d same one way no fit handle niger delta, even the sick yar'adua(RIP) did beta dan fucking obj so stop spitting garbage
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2011
So why didn't he?

Boko Haram existed during OBJ's tenure.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Sike(m): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2011
Thank GOD e don late already!
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by owobokiri(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2011
You guys seem to have forgotten that Yaradua also tried "crushing" Boko Haram the OBJ way. Guess what? They are back in spite of the hundreds of followers killed then and now they are even more vicious. OBJ crushed Odi but the militants only got bolder. All these bravado only agravate issues. OBJ was/is a beast and should be sent to jail where he should be "crushing" stones.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Donmeca(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2011
Obj wud only av tried this if it came b4 Odi massacre. After Odi and the resurgence of militancy, he dare not "crush" another agitating group. So i support @jamaine
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by reindeer: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2011
Why una dey compare sleep with death na?una dey compare soldier wey be general before with mr ''i no wear shoes'', comparing someone who took on the northern cabal with someone wey dey wash plates for Turai before dem Bakare rescue am.
Abeg talk another one. I think they need some kain medical examination for GEJ, we need to know if he's got a pair .
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Abayomin70(m): 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2011
we cant be 100% perfect but we all know dat if it was in obasanjo regime it wont be as worst at dis.durin OBJ regime how many bomb blast did u hear or is there any thing like boko haram but now we av kidnapin,boko haram,abdul mutalab,very high rate of arm robery during day lite,so many rituals
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by NegroNtns(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2011
I don't think or believe the flow of money is coming from supporter of APC

I said "resources"! Don't limit it to money. They don't need financing from supporter of APC, as far as money goes, supporter of APC is on BH payroll.

I meant things like staffing, skills training, surveillance and intelligence, ammunitions and weaponry.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by texazzpete(m): 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2011
Danni2:

'Caution'?! 'At the right time'?
People are dying by the day in Nigeria, killed by bombs in Abuja, Bauchi, Maiduguri etc. Boko Haram keeps striking police station, arming themselves with impunity. Businesses in Maiduguri and many parts of Abuja have been crippled. Yet you're talking about 'at the right time'. Meanwhile the SSS spokesperson tells us that Boko Haram members caught by the security outfits may likely not be prosecuted, in line with GEJ's policy.

People like you make me despair for Nigeria.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by sizzlers(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
i like the line GEJ is following, Nigeria is too porous to act hard but what i dont support is involvement of the army. naija police should be capable to handle those BH
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by MAYSAMUEL(m): 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2011
sincerely, OBJ wouldn't have been able to proffer s lasting solution to Boko Haram issue, what He would have done is what he did in Odi and that action at this stage of Nigeria's life will cause more chaos
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Tyche(m): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2011
it will be wrong to think that GEJ is weak. The real issue is that this boko haram issue is more political than we think. Consider, if the crying general had won, do you think they will be doing this.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by somze(f): 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2011
GenBuhari:

So why didn't he?

Boko Haram existed during OBJ's tenure.

Most intelligent post on this thread. Let the others that know nothing speak the loudest. Wasn't it at the closing stages of Obasanjo that Niger Delta Militancy went to a new high crippling our production?
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Henon: 11:59pm On Jul 07, 2011
The Labour chairman is showcasing his unrival stupidity and stark ignorance by comparing Jonathan to OBJ who doesn't understand the word "rule of law". This goes a long way in showing why LP didn't do well in last general election. They lack leaders with vision . Being a brute doesn't make you a good leader. Religious and polictical issues are very dangerous and sensitive in Nigeria. So one needs to apply subtlety when handle with them.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by lastpage: 12:35am On Jul 08, 2011
Hmmm,.,.,.,cut GEJ some slack please!

1.) OBJ was a Military General (with all the alliances that go with it!)!

2.) OBJ was a two-time President with all the Power of incumbency and international "back rubbing"!

3). OBJ was a semi-illiterate, a "bricklayer" in the army ranks before he "coup-ed" his way to Power!.

4.) Like others have observed, Boko haram (religious idiocy used for political brinksmanship) is a different ball-game from the ND militancy!

Now, GEJ is an exact "opposite" of all the above!

A proverb says "You dont row rough, in a rough sea"!
Another one says "When a 'wicked fly' patches on your scrotum, you dont kill it with a sledge hammer"! (Stewpid peeps will and break their ball!)

Thus, GEJ has (and is) taking all these into account before acting!

Remember that our Police force cannot even engage armed robbers (they drop their Gun and shed their uniform, then run! grin ), how much more facing suicide bombers?

My guess is this:
a) GEJ buys time and develop our Security Intelligence" in the meantime

b) GEJ infiltrates the group over time, identifies their sponsor

c) Crushes them with a single blow, when the opportunity arrives.

d) He would rather "engage them peacefully" for now, hoping he can prevent further confrontation and final bloodbath.

But as we all know,"Religion and violence" knows no repentance, having taken the "Opium of the masses"!

GEJ is educated and l will be disappointed if he goes about "flogging policemen in the public, like that crass OBJ"! grin grin
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by bolshoi: 1:02am On Jul 08, 2011
color=#990000][b]PLEASE CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE, YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!

ONE LOVE PEOPLE
[/b]
[/color]
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by mkpologwu(m): 1:57am On Jul 08, 2011
What if force is used against haka borom, and it turned out that GEJ is force against his political opponents?
Like shooting down, say three haka borom and finding one haBuri dead among them
That will be total war!!!
The wise shld identify his enemies before fighting them!

undecided
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Jean2(m): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2011
I think it will be for the good of Nigeria for past Presidents, Statesmen, and Professionals to advice whoever happens to be President on what action to take on issues that affect the Nigerian nation.

No doubt the final decision will be that of the President to make. Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14).
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2011
GEJ; the 2nd African female president
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by aikuda(m): 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
I agree with those saying OBJ would have been more aggressive in his actions against BOKO HARAM. There are times when such approaches are required. But I don't think the solution to deal with this kind of threat requires that kind of approach. Do we even know who these people are? As has been said here, it requires a careful approach of tact and intelligence gathering. what do you want GEJ to do, go kill innocent civilians in Borno state while the real perpetrators of the crime are still not known.

Having said that, GEJ must look for away to quickly show he can be trusted with Nigerian security or else, we are in deep deep trouble in this country. So far, he appears weak in his utterances and approach. I hope he is working on something real fast. What will happen if groups from every part of the country start coming with one flimsy excuse of the other to bomb government institution. MASSOB, OPC, etc are watching. We should be worried.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Gbenge77(m): 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2011
Maybe.Maybe.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2011
OBJ was a C in C in the full sense of the word, he was a military man, also old and experienced. He knows when to attack and when to engage in dialogue. I am not sure he would have crushed BH, but I am sure he would have handled the situation better. Some sponsors would have been managed by EFCC and others NDLEA etc. He is so far the best president Nigeria has had till date- take it or leave it.

GEJ does not need to be an OBJ to perform, each person has his way of handling crisis. Not doing anything is just not good enough. Declare a state of emergency in Borno to start with. Deploy the military in Borno and borders with neighboring states. Find out who the sponsors are - SSS, DMI. There are sponsors and they are not only in Borno. Fish them out from wherever and start jailing them. This is not sharia, this is worse by far and is a huge threat to national security.
Re: Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party by arrogeDep(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2012
http:///qDQ0n Free software, the scanner from G00GLE & MICR0S0FT

(1) (2) (Reply)

ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? / Nigerians In Ghana Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal / Army Frees Kidnapped French Sailor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.