Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,253 members, 7,864,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:10 PM

Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions (15501 Views)

Video Of Peter Obi & Datti Arriving Their Presidential Campaign Venue In Kaduna / Malami, Others Sacrifice Presidential Ambitions For Buhari's 3rd Term Agenda / Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by EagleNest(m): 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
Deadlytruth:

Ogbulafor vs Jonathan issue was an intra-PDP thing which didn't really concern the SW which was in a totally different party.
You mean the SE's choice of Obasanjo - an integral part of the military establishment- was a way to return the military permanently to the barracks and cut it off totally from our democracy? What a way to turn logic on its head.
When the rigging you now decry started under the Obasanjo-led PDP, your people celebrated it to high heavens with the sing song that all other parties were regional pressure groups which had no national appeal hence had no business being in existence. Now your national outlook party PDP has refused to zone her ticket to you as if you are not part of the nation in which it is a national party, yet you have accepted that fate without questioning.

I wonder what it means to you to work for national unity, else how can you claim you were working for national unity by supporting Jonathan to blatantly violate the PDP zoning arrangement which your very region's political leaders subscribed to in 1998 as a way to enthrench the equity and fairness needed to engender that very national unity?

If after all what you suffered from the first republic through Azikiwe's naive search for a non-existent national unity was not enough to have as at 1999 taught you that national unity doesn't come by making blind and suicidal sacrifices for the convenience of others who don't believe in that national unity, then I doubt you are sincerely wiser now as you are sure to still end up queueing behind Atiku should he win the PDP ticket which is very obvious now.

If that's the case then there is no point of pretending we have a nation called Nigeria, as it can not work if we are only after our regional interests. Like I said before, it will not be easy if SE is schemed out again whether PDP or APC or both, because I doubt if they will want to remain in whatever becomes of Nigeria. And if SE goes, I imagine what Nigeria will be like. Give SE breathing space, support them to lead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by deji17: 9:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
EagleNest:

If that's the case then there is no point of pretending we have a nation called Nigeria, as it can not work if we are only after our regional interests. Like I said before, it will not be easy if SE is schemed out again whether PDP or APC or both, because I doubt if they will want to remain in whatever becomes of Nigeria. And if SE goes, I imagine what Nigeria will be like. Give SE breathing space, support them to lead.
This is a threat you should be issuing out to PDP whose bidding you have been carrying out since 1999. They need you and you need them. Otherwise, you can either continue with IPOB, ESN, killing each other or you accept the election outcome.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by EagleNest(m): 9:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
deji17:

This is a threat you should be issuing out to PDP whose bidding you have been carrying out since 1999. They need you and you need them. Otherwise, you can either continue with IPOB, ESN, killing each other or you accept the election outcome.

It is not a threat but apparently what I see coming.

And it is the right thing for both parties to do because AD/APP and PDP did similar thing before for SW. I don't see why it can't happen this time around.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by deji17: 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
EagleNest:

And it is the right thing for both parties to do because AD/APP and PDP did similar thing before for SW. I don't see why it can't happen this time around.
No, it cannot happen. You do the bidding of PDP , so they are the one who has to give you their Presidential ticket. You bank with First bank, so don't go look for your money at GTB.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by EagleNest(m): 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2022
deji17:
No, it cannot happen. You do the bidding of PDP , so they are the one who has to give you their Presidential ticket. You bank with First bank, so don't go look for your money at GTB.

That's according to you, but let's see how it pans out eventually. Politics is too dynamic to be certain what will happen tomorrow but the fall outs can make or mar, if not handled well.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Sonoyom(m): 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2022
jaxxy:

Tuats nor true. Obasanjo didn't fight for it., yaradua definitely didn't fight for it, Jonathan didn't fight for it either.

All Lagos state governors never fought for any post either. Tinubu hand picked them. Lol

The East can also be handpicked same way.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Only buhari fought for it.
I will tell you what i witnessed, Yaradua contested the PDP presidential primaries with some people even though the then president had 'cleared' the part by taking out certain people in the race like Odili and Markarfi who were probably the front runners for the ticket(note: this is part of the process of politicking or politricking).
During the Primaries in 2007, Okorocha contested, Sarah Jubril contested(she had four votes though grin)

In 2011 Jonathan was President but he contested with Atiku and Sarah Jubril(she had a single vote this time).

Lagos state is not Nigeria, you can bring state politics where the governors are sole proprietor to the national level.

Tinubu is working, he has been strategizing even Buhari was sworn-in in 2015, so anybody from any region that wants to rule the country should 'politic' and also sell his/herself to first the party faithful and then to Nigerians when they are given the ticket.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 5:55am On Apr 17, 2022
EagleNest:

It's not about Yorubas but every Nigerian. I know we banter and compete alot but that does not mean we can't be reasonable for once for the survival of Nigeria.

How is it about Nigeria? If the two big parties of APC and PDP zone their tickets to the South, is it not left for the candidates in the South to compete among themselves? Even the Middle Belt, I.e., the North Central has been advocating for a Southern candidate; hence, Nigeria has done its part. So far, the COWARD Yorubas are not complaining of asking an Ibo man not to contest, all they have been saying is that power must come to the South as it went to the North after Obasanjo and just as the power came back to the South after the death of Yaradua. As it is, Yorubas don't compete with the Ibos but will rather chart their own cause.

On the contrary, the GREAT Ibos have been complaining about having a Yoruba man contest. They care less about someone from the South South contesting and, as it seems, they would not mind supporting a Northern candidate in order to get the VP slot, not the Presidential slot. So, logically, can we say the GREAT and MOST INTELLIGENT tribe called Ibos are scared of the LAZY and DULLEST tribe called Yorubas?

I have read it many times online where the Ibos boasted and requested for a day that the MOST POWERFUL tribe called Ibos and the WEAKEST tribe called Yorubas will fight. I think this is the long-awaited opportunity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 6:07am On Apr 17, 2022
EagleNest:

No, AD/APP did not zone their ticket to the SW. AD was originally formed in the South West and that was why it won all the gubernatorial elections in that zone at that time despite that the PDP's presidential candidate - Obasanjo - was also from that zone. Obasanjo did not even win his polling booth. PDP was viewed by majority in the West as a Northern party which should not be voted for after what the North had done to MKO and a lot of other Yorubas and Nigerians then. Points can be made without adding emotions or lies.

Going by your logic, it would be better if APGA/SDP presents an Ibo candidate and the PDP presents another Ibo candidate. AD, like the Action Group - AG - of those days, was a Yoruba-formed party the same way APGA was an Ibo-formed party. APGA can form alliance with another small party like SDP the same way AD formed alliance with another small part called APP at the presidential level at that time.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 6:10am On Apr 17, 2022
EagleNest:

That's according to you, but let's see how it pans out eventually. Politics is too dynamic to be certain what will happen tomorrow but the fall outs can make or mar, if not handled well.

And do you think some Nigerians, even from the SW, care if the country is restructured or broken such that every tribe goes back to their region? You'd better learnt to be humble. "Pride goes before destruction" is an old and tested adage.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 6:15am On Apr 17, 2022
EagleNest:

And do you think some people really care if SE leaves as long as they don't invade other territories in order to force them into their new country the way Russia is doing Ukraine? If you pay close attention to comments online, you will observe that some Nigerians don't really care if everybody goes back to their regions.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 6:40am On Apr 17, 2022
EagleNest:

Yes and No!

Yes - because if we continue at the current trajectory it will only end in disintegration.

No - because if we amend our ways today and forge a common purpose to unite Nigeria instead of "my" tribe/religion first, then we can move forward. Think of unity of Nigeria and take action, do not pretend and overlook, hoping somehow things will sort itself out. Naaah!!! Turn by Turn Bros!

The best way to unite is for the country to restructure into regional autonomies. A united Nigeria that will make some non-indigenous tribes to be telling their host tribes that their (the host's) ancestral home is a no-man's land, or where some herders will be forcefully taking other people's ancestral land, killing them, maiming them, and raping their wives/daughters will not work.

Every tribe should remain in their region and develop it and if someone is leaving their region to another region, he should not be allowed to interfere in the local policy/politics of the region he went. He should be made to complete an official registration, given a residency status and not an indigeneship status. That's the practice even in some advanced democracies. It's the way to preserve our diverse cultural identities. Calling a people's land a no-man's land or forcefully taking a people's ancestral land should be considered a serious crime.

A region cannot be borrowing to develop itself in infrastructures only to be bearing the burden of people from other regions whose leaders are having fun with their resources. Beggarly, parasitic, feeding-bottle federal unity is not a desirable one.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 6:53am On Apr 17, 2022
Sonoyom:

I will tell you what i witnessed, Yaradua contested the PDP presidential primaries with some people even though the then president had 'cleared' the part by taking out certain people in the race like Odili and Markarfi who were probably the front runners for the ticket(note: this is part of the process of politicking or politricking).
During the Primaries in 2007, Okorocha contested, Sarah Jubril contested(she had four votes though grin)

In 2011 Jonathan was President but he contested with Atiku and Sarah Jubril(she had a single vote this time).

Lagos state is not Nigeria, you can bring state politics where the governors are sole proprietor to the national level.

Tinubu is working, he has been strategizing even Buhari was sworn-in in 2015, so anybody from any region that wants to rule the country should 'politic' and also sell his/herself to first the party faithful and then to Nigerians when they are given the ticket.

obasanjo cleared the part for yaradua, that means he was preselected he didn't have to work for it.

Bro u are still giving validity to my point. The East can and should be preselected. Obasanjo didn't it like it was done for him and Tinubu has been doing since 1999 in lagos.

Handpicking is not yet a crime,in Nigerian politics especially if it accomplished the national goal not personal goal.

Southeast president can be Handpicked in Apc and Pdp definitely bt they must present good options and the good options in the East may not be the obvious ones declaring and making noise even with poor track records.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 6:54am On Apr 17, 2022
EagleNest:

It's not about Yorubas but every Nigerian. I know we banter and compete alot but that does not mean we can't be reasonable for once for the survival of Nigeria.

You're the one competing, thinking some people are competing with you. You may not be aware that those you consider your competitors, and are trying to measure up with in a rat-race similitude are just going their own way, charting their cause ordinarily.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Sonoyom(m): 8:44am On Apr 17, 2022
jaxxy:

obasanjo cleared the part for yaradua, that means he was preselected he didn't have to work for it.

Bro u are still giving validity to my point. The East can and should be preselected. Obasanjo didn't it like it was done for him and Tinubu has been doing since 1999 in lagos.

Handpicking is not yet a crime,in Nigerian politics especially if it accomplished the national goal not personal goal.

Southeast president can be Handpicked in Apc and Pdp definitely bt they must present good options and the good options in the East may not be the obvious ones declaring and making noise even with poor track records.
Yaradua was Obasanjo's choice, he didn't request for Obasanjo's selection, he was selected because of the relationship Obj had with his elder brother. So if you feel Buhari will do same then fine but don't ask that the Presidential ticket of APC or PDP be given on a platter.
The candidates in the SE could have ralied round APGA then try to see how they can expand their base/reach to other regions in the country but no they want PDP or APC to give them their presidential ticket because they are to big to join an open contest.

Just maybe we should ask every single political party to zone their Party ticket to the SE so that we will have a 'South East' president.

Power is contested for in a democratic society, not imposed.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 9:19am On Apr 17, 2022
Sonoyom:

Yaradua was Obasanjo's choice, he didn't request for Obasanjo's selection, he was selected because of the relationship Obj had with his elder brother. So if you feel Buhari will do same then fine but don't ask that the Presidential ticket of APC or PDP be given on a platter.
The candidates in the SE could have ralied round APGA then try to see how they can expand their base/reach to other regions in the country but no they want PDP or APC to give them their presidential ticket because they are to big to join an open contest.

Just maybe we should ask every single political party to zone their Party ticket to the SE so that we will have a 'South East' president.

Power is contested for in a democratic society, not imposed.

I said this a rare case of correcting political injustice and u are here talking all manners of things in a circle which only still comes down to my point.

why didn't obasanjo pick another young man after his tenure? u think he only picked Yaradua cos of his relationship with his brother?

it was obviously turn fir the north and he had to follow with it, this applies to South and more specifically South east. it we want to be honest and fair to our political existence and history.

anything else is irrelevant and unjustifiable.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Sonoyom(m): 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
jaxxy:

I said this a rare case of correcting political injustice and u are here talking all manners of things in a circle which only still comes down to my point.

why didn't obasanjo pick another young man after his tenure? u think he only picked Yaradua cos of his relationship with his brother?

it was obviously turn fir the north and he had to follow with it, this applies to South and more specifically South east. it we want to be honest and fair to our political existence and history.

anything else is irrelevant and unjustifiable.

This democracy, the man with the number will alway win.
Nigerian constitution does not recognise 'turn by turn' leadership.

It obvious that you want power to be placed on your lap, to you that's justice and fairness. Ok ooooo
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Sonoyom:

It obvious that you want power to be placed on your lap, to you that's justice and fairness. Ok ooooo

If Nigeria doesn't recognise turn by turn which I completely agree with why are we in the south scraming power should come to the south and barring northerners from contesting?

we have a moral duty to this countries peaceful existence and if u feel its,OK to disregard that because of ur,selfish interests then its a shame.

What ure hypocriticaly implying is the North can hold on to power after buhari and we can all continue to live our lives peacefully since turn by turn is not In the Constitution.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by bjdon: 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2022
EagleNest:

If the SE want to leave Nigeria, because they do not get the presidency, so be it. They are the ones who will suffer the most, as they control trade and transport across the whole country. Other groups will happily gobble up all assets they leave behind. It'll be in interesting to see how 40-50 million people fit into a land mass smaller than Niger state
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by bjdon: 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
jaxxy:

If Nigeria doesn't recognise turn by turn which I completely agree with why are we in the south scraming power should come to the south and barring northerners from contesting?

we have a moral duty to this countries peaceful existence and if u feel its,OK to disregard that because of ur,selfish interests then its a shame.

What ure hypocriticaly implying is the North can hold on to power after buhari and we can all continue to live our lives peacefully since turn by turn is not In the Constitution.

PDP and APC are DIFFERENT parties with different history. APC have had a northern president , so bu the unspoken rule, their next president comes from the South. APC are under NO obligation to micro zone to any region in the south, as they have not yet had a southern president. PDP have produced southern candidates from the SW and SS , so its PDP that have a moral obligation to give the ticket to SE. The SE have been loyal to PDP, and definitely deserve the ticket there. They have no claim to demand the ticket over any other group in ACP.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Sonoyom(m): 3:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
bjdon:

PDP and APC are DIFFERENT parties with different history. APC have had a northern president , so bu the unspoken rule, their next president comes from the South. APC are under NO obligation to micro zone to any region in the south, as they have not yet had a southern president. PDP have produced southern candidates from the SW and SS , so its PDP that have a moral obligation to give the ticket to SE. The SE have been loyal to PDP, and definitely deserve the ticket there. They have no claim to demand the ticket over any other group in ACP.
I have been trying to explain to him, but it is obvious he wants the Presidential ticket to be placed on his laps. The South South will tell you that they are yet to complete their own two terms.
If we insist on turn by turn arrangement then it should be elaborate enough to contain even the smallest ethnic group in the country let's see how many years it will take for the Presidency to have a complete cycle round the whole ethnic groups in the country.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
bjdon:

Now,u are changing ur position on the constitution to support an unwritten arrangement? Lol

IF we should to one with is unwritten agreements then party differences shouldn't matter in the light of the fact igbo`s have not benefited from either parties be it Apc or PDP and yet we have igbos in these parties.

Shouldn't the unwritten arrangement also favor igbos in these parties or u want them to fight for it like u said earlier?
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by bjdon: 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
jaxxy:

Now,u are changing ur position on the constitution to support an unwritten arrangement? Lol

IF we should to one with is unwritten agreements then party differences shouldn't matter in the light of the fact igbo`s have not benefited from either parties be it Apc or PDP and yet we have igbos in these parties.

Shouldn't the unwritten arrangement also favor igbos in these parties or u want them to fight for it like u said earlier?

The unwritten agreement is within each party. You cannot say if I and some friends form a party today, we must present a SE candidate. We may favour a candidate from any part of the country. Whatever PDP and ACP have been doing will have no bearing on us. The SE can not be asking for special consideration in ACP, when neither the SS or SW have received similar consideration on ACP. PDP is a different matter, which is why I am saying its only in PDP that the SE can demand the ticket.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
bjdon:

The unwritten agreement is within each party. You cannot say if I and some friends form a party today, we must present a SE candidate. We may favour a candidate from any part of the country. Whatever PDP and ACP have been doing will have no bearing on us. The SE can not be asking for special consideration in ACP, when neither the SS or SW have received similar consideration on ACP. PDP is a different matter, which is why I am saying its only in PDP that the SE can demand the ticket.

Then why is PDP saying power should return to the south when Yaradua\North only served 2 years under them?

PDP should then say power must come to the North after Jonathan.

Bt truth is the unwritten law applies nationally not just based on which party. Nobody irrespective expects power to go to the North after Buhari`s 2 terms bt Apc south west doesn't want to recognise its igbos turn to rule Nigeria.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
jaxxy:

Then why is PDP saying power should return to the south when Yaradua\North only served 2 years under them?

Bt truth is the unwritten law applies nationally not just based on which party. Nobody irrespective expects power to go to the North after Buhari`s 2 terms bt Apc south west doesn't want to recognise its igbos turn to rule Nigeria.

This sounds cowardly and defeatist! Are the Yorubas saying the Ibos should not contest, especially if both APC and PDP zone their tickets to the South? Have the Yorubas said no one from the SW, SS, or SE should contest? Are you indirectly saying if an Ibo man contests with a Yoruba man, the Yoruba man will win - Yes or No? Are we not having candidates who are showing interest from SS, the same region that produced GEJ? Are you indirectly saying the STRONG and ALL-KNOWING man is afraid of the WEAK, DIRTY, and LAZY man? I don't seem to understand your points.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
Sonoyom:

Not just the numbers, coverage also matters. It's important to note the 25% and 2/3 rules as well.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
MDM2021:

This sounds cowardly and defeatist! Are the Yorubas saying the Ibos should not contest, especially if both APC and PDP zone their tickets to the South? Have the Yorubas said no one from the SW, SS, or SE should not contest? Are you indirectly saying if an Ibo man contests with a Yoruba man, the Yoruba man will win - Yes or No? Are we not having candidates who are showing interest from SS, the same region that produced GEJ? Are you indirectly saying the STRONG and ALL-KNOWING man is afraid of the WEAK, DIRTY, and LAZY man? I don't seem to understand your points.

I don't know what u are talking about.

All I am saying is Yaradua was handpicked, obasanjo was handpicked, Goodluck was handpicked, fashola was handpicked, Ambode was handpicked, sanwolu was handpicked.

why can't an igbo man be handpicked same way?

I don't know who will win if an igbo, hausa or yoruba contests. we have never known either since they have mostly been handpicked. undecided

anything else u interpret is ur imagination.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
jaxxy:

I don't know what u are talking about.

All I am saying is Yaradua was handpicked, obasanjo was handpicked, Goodluck was handpicked, fashola was handpicked, Ambode was handpicked, sanwolu was handpicked.

why can't an igbo man be handpicked same way?

I don't know who will win if an igbo, hausa or yoruba contests. we have never known either since they have mostly been handpicked. undecided

anything else u interpret is ur imagination.

Handpicked by who? Who handpicked who? Since you knew who handpicked someone like Fashola and were privy to how the handpicking was done, would it not be good to meet that person and discuss the issue of handpicking with the fellow rather than coming online to shout about that? Isn't dialogue in humility better than arrogant threat?

And since we don't know what the outcome may be, is it not good to allow each of those candidates from the SW, SE, and SS to try their luck now that the shout is that power must shift to the South?

So, if my impression is wrong and only sparks of imagination as against reality, it means all the candidates from the South, whose turn it is for the presidency, are equally qualified to contest. No one should ask candidates from the SW or SS to step down for candidates from the SE, therefore. Alternatively, you can meet with the people that handpicked Fashola, Ambode, etc. to have your candidates handpicked as well.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
MDM2021:

Handpicked by who? Who handpicked who? Since you knew who handpicked someone like Fashola and were privy to how the handpicking was done, would it not be good to meet that person and discuss the issue of handpicking with the fellow rather than coming online to shout about that? Isn't dialogue in humility better than arrogant threat?

And since we don't know what the outcome may be, is it not good to allow each of those candidates from the SW, SE, and SS to try their luck now that the shout is that power must shift to the South?

So, if my impression is wrong and only sparks of imagination as against reality, it means all the candidates from the South, whose turn it is for the presidency, are equally qualified to contest. No one should ask candidates from the SW or SS to step down for candidates from the SE, therefore. Alternatively, you can meet with the people that handpicked Fashola, Ambode, etc. to have your candidates handpicked as well.

Ohaneze and many others have spoken several times and even written letters to tinubu bt he has refused to listen. He even wants to drag it with osibanjo. lol

If others can be handpicked igbo president can be handpicked. it is the fair thing to do at this stage of our democracy.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by dheilaw1(m): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
Burruchaga71:
This news has made my day. I said these and am still saying it again, Tinubu or Osunbade can NEVER ever govern the great Igbos. It will never happen. Unless they are ready to rule Oduduwa republic. Bunch of saboteurs
one of them will become president over you drug carrying morons, you can continue to kill yourselves there for all I care.... You still won't get that Biafra
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by bjdon: 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
jaxxy:

Why are Atiku, Saraki and Tambuwal contesting? Please face facts there is NO WAY APC will zone its presidential ticket to the SE, and there is no reason for them to. APC can't be bound to choices PDP have made and vice versa. The SE have a strong case in PDP. In APC they have to slug it out with every other southern region
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by bjdon: 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
jaxxy:

SW APC owe the SE NOTHING. SE only have a case in PDP. Rather than waisting time, the SE should focus on getting the ticket in PDP.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 12:51am On Apr 18, 2022
jaxxy:

Ohaneze and many others have spoken several times and even written letters to tinubu bt he has refused to listen. He even wants to drag it with osibanjo. lol

If others can be handpicked igbo president can be handpicked. it is the fair thing to do at this stage of our democracy.

So, Tinubu is the one handpicking who will be what? And the application for handpicking can be done by sending a letter to him? Tinubu is the one that will handpick who will rule over the entire country? Immmm. Are you sure this Tinubu you are talking about is not from that zone known for TREACHERY, BETRAYAL and COWARDICE? Then why call him all sort of unprintable names as we read again and again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cardoso May Abandon Anchor Borrowers, Enaira, Currency Redesign / Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack At Rann, Borno State / Afenifere Tackles Junaid Mohammed Over Noise Makers’ Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.