Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram (7363 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison / Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs / Civilian Control Over The Military: A Comparison Between Nigeria And The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by ocelot2006(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2011
@ poster, boko haram and MEND are both terror groups. The only difference is that the former has adopted other deadly tactics like the use of IEDs, VBIEDs, and suicide bombers. Still both are responsible for the murder of a lot of civilians and law enforcement officers (including my own uncle in PH). So yeah, they're both terror groups that must be neutralized.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 08, 2011
phreakabit:

Always doubted your intellectual credibility. The quote from your post above, just proves my[b] initial[/b] skepticism/ doubts about how intelligent you are, where not wrong.
You call planting bombs in relaxation/recreational centers human rights?

I mean mehn!! He is willing to be ignorant just for boko haram!! he bleed out all the blood of objectivity in him in the name of a religion that promises 72 virgins in heaven!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 08, 2011
ocelot2006:

@ poster, boko haram and MEND are both terror groups. The only difference is that the former has adopted other deadly tactics like the use of IEDs, VBIEDs, and suicide bombers. Still both are responsible for the murder of a lot of civilians and law enforcement officers (including my own uncle in PH). So yeah, they're both terror groups that must be neutralized.

Yes but which do you think a nation can compromise it's stand for? Those who want to control their resources or the other ones who are targetting human lives specifically! MEND targets oil facilities and give warnings to humans there to vacate the area before the bombing, MEND kidnapps but have they killed anyone they kidnapped?

I'm truly sorry about your uncle dude!! It sucks really, The government thought using force will solve a problem like that when all they had to do was dialogue with the group and try to reach a compromise for the people of Niger Delta. You know, true federalism is the only way for Nigeria or we split into pieces!!

On the other hand, Boko Haram targets unaware people for the aim of killing them! There is a huge difference between them really!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by jamace(m): 9:12am On Jul 08, 2011
I can't understand a single thing from the rubbish you wrote here.See why i think you are stuupid not to know the difference between morality and human rights ? What law has boko haram broken if they decide not to tolerate western education ? It's just like crucifying the chinese or cubans for communism.people  have the rights to chose how they live their lives but I will only get mad if boko harms force their ideologies on southerners that chose a liberal way of live.under democray,you have the right to follow the opposite view and if that is what boko haram choose for themselves,so be it afterall the tendencies have been there even before amalgamation.

What right are you talking about here? Have they not been allowed to practice sharia in their states? As I am typing here, over 10 northern states are already practicing sharia. I am yet to see the positive effect of sharia in those states. At times I wonder whether the initial clamour for sharia legal system in Nigeria was to cause trouble if denied.  The so-call sharia practice does not reflect in their lives. Or is the bombing all over the North the dividends? Boko Haram is just a troublesome religious sect, out to cause confusion and discredit the govt of the day. Boko Haram has no economic, political or social importance to the country. They are just a bunch of religious drunks misbehaving in broad day light. The fed govt should deal decisively with them.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 08, 2011
phreakabit:

Always doubted your intellectual credibility. The quote from your post above, just proves my[b] initial[/b] skepticism/ doubts about how intelligent you are, where not wrong.
You call planting bombs in relaxation/recreational centers human rights?

Do you know how many Nigerians,british,Americans and other nationalities have died in the hands of Mend ? See let me tell you something,Mend crisis can only be subdued for a period of time,it will resuscitate in the nearest future and so is boko haram crisis will be because the conservatism of the northerners is their way of life that can't be surpressed.This problem has been around for centuries so I don't know why y'all are killing yourselves over it.
jamace:

What right are you talking about here? Have they not been allowed to practice sharia in their states? As I am typing here, over 10 northern states are already practicing sharia. I am yet to see the positive effect of sharia in those states. At times I wonder whether the initial clamour for sharia legal system in Nigeria was to cause trouble if denied.  The so-call sharia practice does not reflect in their lives. Or is the bombing all over the North the dividends? Boko Haram is just a troublesome religious sect, out to cause confusion and discredit the govt of the day. Boko Haram has no economic, political or social importance to the country. They are just a bunch of religious drunks misbehaving in broad day light. The fed govt should deal decisively with them.

Sometimes i wish we can just split this country so that the northerners can go their own but in as much as we still remain one,all we need is the peace that can keep us in one piece.there are fundamental issues that need to be addressed before boko haram issue can be decisively dealt with and these are issues that have spanned since the pre-colonial eras.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by erayo2GCA(m): 9:30am On Jul 08, 2011
@alj_harem WHAT EXACTLY IS D SO CALLED BOKO HARAM FIGHTING FOR, SILLY MUSLIM GUY
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by ocelot2006(m): 9:34am On Jul 08, 2011
@ Olumide, apparently you never lived in PH during the crisis. MEND's nefarious activities weren't restricted to the creeks or against oil installations. It was WAY MORE than that. They were involved in kidnapping, armed robberies, assault on Police offices and the govt I institutions, daylight harrassment and murder of innocent civilians, destruction of law enforcement offices using explosives and murder of a lot of police men and soldiers, and rape. Oh did I mention oil bunkering, piracy, and arms smuggling? They made the niger-delta, and PH in particular, so inhospitable and unsafe that in 2007 PH residents were actually calling for direct military action against MEND. Thank God for the JTF, else we wouldve still been living in terror.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 08, 2011
ocelot2006:

@ Olumide, apparently you never lived in PH during the crisis. MEND's nefarious activities weren't restricted to the creeks or against oil installations. It was WAY MORE than that. They were involved in kidnapping, armed robberies, assault on Police offices and the govt I institutions, daylight harrassment and murder of innocent civilians, destruction of law enforcement offices using explosives and murder of a lot of police men and soldiers, and violation. Oh did I mention oil bunkering, piracy, and arms smuggling? They made the niger-delta, and PH in particular, so inhospitable and unsafe that in 2007 PH residents were actually calling for direct military action against MEND. Thank God for the JTF, else we wouldve still been living in terror.

Ignore that one with his imbeccilic posts;claiming MEND was better than boko haram.MEND operated on every level of crimes and the least was kidnapping.Can you see the weapons that surrendered during the amnesty ? Even biafra republic was not as sophisticated as that !
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by phreakabit(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2011
ocelot2006:

@ Olumide, apparently you never lived in PH during the crisis. MEND's nefarious activities weren't restricted to the creeks or against oil installations. It was WAY MORE than that. They were involved in kidnapping, armed robberies, assault on Police offices and the govt I institutions, daylight harrassment and murder of innocent civilians, destruction of law enforcement offices using explosives and murder of a lot of police men and soldiers, and violation. Oh did I mention oil bunkering, piracy, and arms smuggling? They made the niger-delta, and PH in particular, so inhospitable and unsafe that in 2007 PH residents were actually calling for direct military action against MEND. Thank God for the JTF, else we wouldve still been living in terror.

Dude, I have family in PH. Those activities where not perpetrated by MEND alone! Ever heard about those street gangs they have over there?
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Do you know how many Nigerians,british,Americans and other nationalities have died in the hands of Mend ? See let me tell you something,Mend crisis can only be subdued for a period of time,it will resuscitate in the nearest future and so is boko haram crisis will be because the conservatism of the northerners is their way of life that can't be surpressed.This problem has been around for centuries so I don't know why y'all are killing yourselves over it.
Sometimes i wish we can just split this country so that the northerners can go their own but in as much as we still remain one,all we need is the peace that can keep us in one piece.there are fundamental issues that need to be addressed before boko haram issue can be decisively dealt with and these are issues that have spanned since the pre-colonial eras.

I seriously hate this guy now!!

Please how many British/Americans has mend killed?

The only Nigerians killed were caught in battle between MEND and JTF,

I don't like you Bluetooth!! You hvae lost a whole lot of dignity in this forum!! Even though i wish Nigeria could be one as I wish one day there will be a road I can cruise all the way from down south to up north as a freedom ride in my homeland!

But that is only in my fantasy it is not the reality we are constantly dealing with!! The problem of MEND started with the cheating of a section of Nigeria by Nigerians. MEND and Niger Deltans are mad at everybody!! I have been there and I can honestly say in times of war if I'm a soldier, I won't pick up a gun against any MEND militant! How can a people with so much get so little? Forget what their states get in allocation. Even federal programs and amenities funded by the FG were almost absent compared to other parts of the nation!! Yet all they ask for is to be able to control their resources or we all leave it alone underground!!

I used to think you were the only southern Muslim I could actually have an arguement with and you'll will never drop objectivity no matter wot!! You made a comment once about Buhari that was critical while other southern Muslims were just being block heads and I thought this guy is objective and has a good book. But then I figured you can't judge a book by it's cover!!! Bye bye mehn!! You are just like the rest of em!!

ocelot2006:

Oh please! I was in Woji when all those happened and that wasn't MEND!! MEND officially denied having anything to do with those people or all those claiming to be militants and going to get amnesty money! Those were cultists mad that the government didn't pay the amnesty money!! Mehn i visit Nigeria every year since I was 18 and able to travel on my own!! When I finished philosophy, I went back to Nigeria to serve in PH at rhythm 93.7 (i was working on lines for commercials etc.),  Seriously I was there when it all happened and those weren't MEND!! BOKO HARAM will claim such atrocity but MEND denied them. Why would they do that to the people they are fighting for said those weren't militants at all but those eager to get amnesty money!! Not like I'm that gullible but from a logical point of view, it made sense because MEND first denied any of their soldiers going for amnesty but as soon as the government didn't pay, the cultists and street gangs pretending to be MEND all went at it!!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 08, 2011
let me tell you something,I don't discuss issues on religion basis because people get emotional when it comes to religion.You metioned the other time when boko haram said muslims are potential targets because they are mingling with christains nd I'm sure you will expect all muslims  to follow that because some fctards said it and they must follow it.My paternal family are muslims while my maternal family are christains and I have never had any cause to discriminate against any of them based on what they believe in.
The problem was never about is islam but a bunch of iddiots that think they can achieve their political goals by using the religion to achieve what they desire.To me,Buhari remains a terrorist in as much as he financed crisis and so is boko haram but trying to say MEND is better than boko haram is what I disagree with.they are both social problems in my dictionary.
0lumide:

Thly Nigerians killed were caught in battle between MEND and JTF,

I don't like you Bluetooth!! You hvae lost a whole lot of dignity in this forum!! Even though i wish Nigeria could be one as I wish one day there will be a road I can cruise all the way from down south to up north as a freedom ride in my homeland!

But that is only in my fantasy it is not the reality we are constantly dealing with!! The problem of MEND started with the cheating of a section of Nigeria by Nigerians. MEND and Niger Deltans are mad at everybody!! I have been there and I can honestly say in times of war if I'm a soldier, I won't pick up a gun against any MEND militant! How can a people with so much get so little? Forget what their states get in allocation. Even federal programs and amenities funded by the FG were almost absent compared to other parts of the nation!! Yet all they ask for is to be able to control their resources or we all leave it alone underground!!

I used to think you were the only southern Muslim I could actually have an arguement with and you'll will never drop objectivity no matter wot!! You made a comment once about Buhari that was critical while other southern Muslims were just being block heads and I thought this guy is objective and has a good book. But then I figured you can't judge a book by it's cover!!! Bye bye mehn!! You are just like the rest of em!!

Oh please! I was in Woji when all those happened and that wasn't MEND!! MEND officially denied having anything to do with those people or all those claiming to be militants and going to get amnesty money! Those were cultists mad that the government didn't pay the amnesty money!! Mehn i visit Nigeria every year since I was 18 and able to travel on my own!! When I finished philosophy, I went back to Nigeria to serve in PH at rhythm 93.7 (i was working on lines for commercials etc.),  Seriously I was there when it all happened and those weren't MEND!! BOKO HARAM will claim such atrocity but MEND denied them. Why would they do that to the people they are fighting for said those weren't militants at all but those eager to get amnesty money!! Not like I'm that gullible but from a logical point of view, it made sense because MEND first denied any of their soldiers going for amnesty but as soon as the government didn't pay, the cultists and street gangs pretending to be MEND all went at it!!
ey are both social problems in my dictionary.
0lumide:

haram but trying to say MEND is better than boko haram is what I disagree with.they are both social problems in my dictionary.
0lumide:

Thly Nigerians killed were caught in battle between MEND and JTF,

ey are both social problems in my dictionary.
0lumide:

Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

let me tell you something,I don't discuss issues on religion basis because people get emotional when it comes to religion.You metioned the other time when boko haram said muslims are potential targets because they are mingling with christains nd I'm sure you will expect all muslims  to follow that because some fctards said it and they must follow it.My paternal family are muslims while my maternal family are christains and I have never had any cause to discriminate against any of them based on what they believe in.
The problem was never about is islam but a bunch of iddiots that think they can achieve their political goals by using the religion to achieve what they desire.To me,Buhari remains a terrorist in as much as he financed crisis and so is boko haram but trying to say MEND is better than boko haram is what I disagree with.they are both social problems in my dictionary.ey are both social problems in my dictionary.

haram but trying to say MEND is better than boko haram is what I disagree with.they are both social problems in my dictionary.ey are both social problems in my dictionary.

I never said MEND is a group of angels! but they are not in the same league as Boko haram at all because Nigeria can compromise for MEND's purpose because it can be constitutionally accomodated and that Boko Haram can never be politically attained though they have the right to start a political party but who will vote for a president/rep/senator etc, that is against education? (I will if I was still a kid and just wanna watch Naruto and play game all day lol),  The difference between them is clear but they employed same tactics with one more extreme than the other,
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 08, 2011
0lumide:

I never said MEND is a group of angels! but they are not in the same league as Boko haram at all because Nigeria can compromise for MEND's purpose because it can be constitutionally accomodated and that Boko Haram can never be politically attained though they have the right to start a political party but who will vote for a president/rep/senator etc, that is against education? (I will if I was still a kid and just wanna watch Naruto and play game all day lol),  The difference between them is clear but they employed same tactics with one more extreme than the other,

But does that change anything ? What is the difference between Manslaughter and Murder when the victims of both crime are lying in the morgue ? Mend killed,boko haram is also killing. . .killing is killing either by bomb,SMG,otapiapia,electrocution,food poisioning etc.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by fxtopedia(m): 10:23am On Jul 08, 2011
[center]MEND=BOKO HARAM [/center]

All your excuses are paltry to exonerate MEND from being same with BOKO-HARAM.
The similarities includes:

Mend killed , Boko Haram Killed
Mend caused people sorrow Boko Haram caused people sorrow
Mend is a cancer to the nation Boko Haram is a cancer to the nation
Mend is a disgrace to Nigeria Boko Haram is a disgrace to Nigeria
Mend are bunch of retarded people Boko Haram are bunch of retarded people
Mend and Boko Haram had turned many a wonan into widowhood  angry

PS: A reasonable being will not support any ACT of violence.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 08, 2011
fxtopedia:

Mend are bunch of slow people Boko Haram are bunch of slow people

QED

Hope people can reason like you !
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

But does that change anything ? What is the difference between Manslaughter and Murder  when the victims of both crime are lying in the morgue ? Mend killed,boko haram is also killing. . .killing is killing either by bomb,SMG,otapiapia,electrocution,food poisioning etc.

Violence is almost inevitable in Nigeria and violence is what you do with it!!

The federal could have easily stopped the uprising of MEND by simply employing true federalism!!

While you will hold on to violence as the only ground to tag boko haram and MEND as same, I won't. I'm looking for the justification in the big picture,

If in future my kid stole my car because I won't pay his tuition when I have the money to, I will be deeply ashamed of my self and simply just pay

Another kid stole my car so he can install a V12 engine in it for his own speed fantasy, I will punish such kid!!!!

Now both actions are stealing but I can't compromise my stand for one,

I have to admit MEND employed violence but we can't simply say they are same as boko haram!! That will be over simplifying the issue!

Thanks!!!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Bensonite: 10:41am On Jul 08, 2011
phreakabit:

Dude, I have family in PH. Those activities where not perpetrated by MEND alone! Ever heard about those street gangs they have over there?
Good.
I can give a full day lecture on MEND and other militant activities in the ND but time. I will leave it for another day. The term MEND only came into existence after Asari Dokubo was arrested in 2005 by the Nigeria state  and charged for treasonable felony. Prior to formation of MEND there were severall street cult gangs and militants outfits operating mainly in Port Harcourt and the creeks of ND. Asari Dokubo led a group simply address as voluteer force(NDPVF) that waged war against Ateke Tom Niger Delta Vigilante(Iceland cult) over supremacy and maily linked to oil bunkering activities. Asari continued provoked utternaces against the Nigeria goverment led to OBJ calling for his arrest. In protesting for Asari arrest, several militant group which hitherto where fighting for resource control came together to form MEND in a village close to Amassoma in Bayelsa State- mind you most of the people at the formation stage where learned hence the name Movement for Emancipation of Niger Delta.
Upon formation of MEND they commence with kidnapping of foreign workers in the creeks hoping to use that to negotiate for Asari release but to no avail. This is what later degenerated to the series of kidnapping demand for ramsone and attacks on oil facilities intensifying. Although Asari was released shortly after Late Yar Adua took his oath of office, kidnapping had successfully been hijacked by criminals as a stable business that pays well. Original agitators continued their attack on oil facilities and reduced civilian casuaties as much as they can. It was always a battle between JTF and Tompolo group or JTF vs Ateke, etc. At several times the various groups fight themselves when boundaries are crossed hence making the job easier for JTF.
Whereas the agitations has brought about increased funding in NDDC, creation of Niger Delta Ministry, more attention to ND indigenes in recent recruitment/scholarship, etc. Although I personally condem some of the activities of the militants of ND, BOKO HARAM cannot be compared to them. Boko haram SHOULD TELL THEIR PEOPLE WHAT THEY STAND TO BENEFIT IF NOT FOR THE FOOLISH 72 VIRGINS.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 08, 2011
Bensonite:

Good.
I can give a full day lecture on MEND and other militant activities in the ND but time. I will leave it for another day. The term MEND only came into existence after Asari Dokubo was arrested in 2005 by the Nigeria state  and charged for treasonable felony. Prior to formation of MEND there were severall street cult gangs and militants outfits operating mainly in Port Harcourt and the creeks of ND. Asari Dokubo led a group simply address as voluteer force(NDPVF) that waged war against Ateke Tom Niger Delta Vigilante(Iceland cult) over supremacy and maily linked to oil bunkering activities. Asari continued provoked utternaces against the Nigeria goverment led to OBJ calling for his arrest. In protesting for Asari arrest, several militant group which hitherto where fighting for resource control came together to form MEND in a village close to Amassoma in Bayelsa State- mind you most of the people at the formation stage where learned hence the name Movement for Emancipation of Niger Delta.
Upon formation of MEND they commence with kidnapping of foreign workers in the creeks hoping to use that to negotiate for Asari release but to no avail. This is what later degenerated to the series of kidnapping demand for ramsone and attacks on oil facilities intensifying. Although Asari was released shortly after Late Yar Adua took his oath of office, kidnapping had successfully been hijacked by criminals as a stable business that pays well. Original agitators continued their attack on oil facilities and reduced civilian casuaties as much as they can. It was always a battle between JTF and Tompolo group or JTF vs Ateke, etc. At several times the various groups fight themselves when boundaries are crossed hence making the job easier for JTF.
Whereas the agitations has brought about increased funding in NDDC, creation of Niger Delta Ministry, more attention to ND indigenes in recent recruitment/scholarship, etc. Although I personally condem some of the activities of the militants of ND, BOKO HARAM cannot be compared to them. Boko haram SHOULD TELL THEIR PEOPLE WHAT THEY STAND TO BENEFIT IF NOT FOR THE FOOLISH 72 VIRGINS.

Thank you super much!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you!!

But what was the story of Soboma? And how did he connect into all this,  I met him after he broke out of jail he told me that though because I wasn't around when that happened,  I met him London once, then again in Canada while I was studying! He pretty much told me a lot about the Niger Delta and hence why I decided to do my services in PH!!! He never trusted me enough to tell me his role!!! But he told me a good story of the Niger Delta first hand!!!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 08, 2011
Bensonite:

Good.

You just reduced a violent of over 4 years to about two paragraph of mere fantansy ? So when cult groups clash,must they kidnap oyinbos,toddlers,old women even as far as calabar ? I never knew Ateke vs asari clashes in Ph can reach calabar and uyo ! Stop deceiving yourself,Mend is as useless as boko haram. war against Ateke Tom Niger Delta Vigilante(Iceland cult) over supremacy and maily linked to oil bunkering activities. Asari continued provoked utternaces against the Nigeria goverment led to OBJ calling for his arrest. In protesting for Asari arrest, several militant group which hitherto where fighting for resource control came together to form MEND in a village close to Amassoma in Bayelsa State- mind you most of the people at the formation stage where learned hence the name Movement for Emancipation of Niger Delta.
[quote][/quote]

You just reduced a violent of over 4 years to about two paragraph of mere fantansy ? So when cult groups clash,must they kidnap oyinbos,toddlers,old women even as far as calabar ? I never knew Ateke vs asari clashes in Ph can reach calabar and uyo ! Stop deceiving yourself,Mend is as useless as boko haram.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Bensonite: 11:01am On Jul 08, 2011
0lumide:

Thank you super much!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you!!

But what was the story of Soboma? And how did he connect into all this, I met him after he broke out of jail he told me that though because I wasn't around when that happened, I met him London once, then again in Canada while I was studying! He pretty much told me a lot about the Niger Delta and hence why I decided to do my services in PH!!!
Soboma was the de facto leader of Icelander cult which merged with Ateke Tom( Niger Delta Vigilante) and became Ateke second in command till in 2004 October when he killed one Minabo that led to him surrending himself for arrest after serious man hunt. He later broke jail in 2005 and led another breakaway faction called outlaws(mainly cult group) He got the sympathy of some MEND leaders in Rivers State like Dagogo Farah until he had problem with them in late 2008. He later re-united with Ateke Tom as JTF and MEND where after him and he needed to survive.
While he is dead(2010) now as you know and I do not want to speak on who killed him. This is still sensitive in Port Harcourt.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 08, 2011
They were oil bunkers too you know? They were bunkering oil to fund their movements and when! I think what you should know is they didn't start out as kidnappers!!

These guys weren't cultist like he said but they belonged to a group of militants seen as a cult, Oil bunkering was their business before kidnapping! When they decided to be political and stop beimg petty criminals, the result was MEND!

While Ateke became an oil bunkering government puppet!!!!

Seriously, people in W, E and North don't truly understand the Niger Deltan story at all!! MEND has united their people in a very suprising way! Ijaw/Itsekiri wars has stopped to a great extent!! That's an example!!
[/quote]

~Bluetooth:

You just reduced a violent of over 4 years to about two paragraph of mere fantansy ? So when cult groups clash,must they kidnap oyinbos,toddlers,old women even as far as calabar ? I never knew Ateke vs asari clashes in Ph can reach calabar and uyo ! Stop deceiving yourself,Mend is as useless as boko haram. war against Ateke Tom Niger Delta Vigilante(Iceland cult) over supremacy and maily linked to oil bunkering activities. Asari continued provoked utternaces against the Nigeria goverment led to OBJ calling for his arrest. In protesting for Asari arrest, several militant group which hitherto where fighting for resource control came together to form MEND in a village close to Amassoma in Bayelsa State- mind you most of the people at the formation stage where learned hence the name Movement for Emancipation of Niger Delta.
[quote]

You just reduced a violent of over 4 years to about two paragraph of mere fantansy ? So when cult groups clash,must they kidnap oyinbos,toddlers,old women even as far as calabar ? I never knew Ateke vs asari clashes in Ph can reach calabar and uyo ! Stop deceiving yourself,Mend is as useless as boko haram.

Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Bensonite: 11:08am On Jul 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Yes MEND is useless but their agitation brought some benefit. Tell me about BOKO HARAM. The group clahes only spread to other ND CITIES.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 08, 2011
Bensonite:

Soboma was the de facto leader of Icelander cult which merged with Ateke Tom( Niger Delta Vigilante) and became Ateke second in command till in 2004 October when he killed one Minabo that led to him surrending himself for arrest after serious man hunt. He later broke jail in 2005 and led another breakaway faction called outlaws(mainly cult group) He got the sympathy of some MEND leaders in Rivers State like Dagogo Farah until he had problem with them in late 2008. He later re-united with Ateke Tom as JTF and MEND where after him and he needed to survive.
While he is dead(2010) now as you know and I do not want to speak on who killed him. This is still sensitive in Port Harcourt.

Soboma died?

Damn!!!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Bensonite: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2011
@Olumide,
Point of correction,I can tell you authoritively they started as street cults fighting each other in Port Harcourt.In 2001 there were series of fight between Soboma led iceland of Town area of port harcourt vs Levi led group of Diobu. Oil bunkering was ongoing without this boys involved(other big boys were involved prior to 2000). My village owns one of the foremost creeks used for bunkering activities. Let me stop and go back to work. I rest my case.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by jamace(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2011
Ignore that one with his imbeccilic posts;claiming MEND was better than boko haram.MEND operated on every level of crimes and the least was kidnapping.Can you see the weapons that surrendered during the amnesty ? Even biafra republic was not as sophisticated as that !

I hate to hear comparisons putting MEND and Boko Haram in the same boat.

MEND fought for something tangible and meaningful - better lives from resources from their land. And now that the govt has listened and provided better life (to a large extent), MEND is happy and has calm down. Please note that no amount spent on MEND is too much because that is the goose that lays the golden egg.

Now, what is Boko Haram fighting for? "We don't want western education, we want Islamic education", abi? No problem. Thank God, the fed govt allowed sharia practice for their states and their states are already practicing the sharia legal system. The fed govt has also established nomadic education for them. With all these in place, What else do they want the fed govt to do? angry The worst I expect from Boko Haram is to refuse to send their children to western education schools, period. Why kill and maim people and disturb the peace of the country? angry.

With the way Boko Haram is carrying out offensive actions against innocent citizens, there seem to be an undertone to their actions because their demands are already met and in place.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Ericology(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2011
alj_harem:

i chose to ignore this statement when i saw it

ileke-idi thank you

this ezeuche is clueless

do u know the amount of people MEND killed just because of oil

if u know the amount of nigerians mend killed alone, u would not be talking like this

Must u continue reasoning with ur anus instead of brain? Ur brothers are fighting a senseless war
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by GAR3TH(m): 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2011
Like they say, One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

It doesn't matter which way you look at it. They are both terrorist.

By definition they both used violence, fear and intimidation for their own political gains.

For those who say MEND are freedom fighters, what did they do for the people?

NOTHING, they didn't even go after the corrupt politicians.

All they did was collect government allowance for THEMSELVES.

A terrorist is a terrorist no excuses.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Ericology(m): 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
fxtopedia:

Mend are bunch of slow people Boko Haram are bunch of slow people

Some people here just post thrash trying to be politically correct, Bla bla bla will not support any act of violence, Your country channeled money to ANC and their struggle against apartheid, It cost lives too, And the head of the "Terrorist group""" Nelson Mandela is hailed today as the father of SA and the black continent in general, Do u think Yusuf of Boko haram wld be accorded such honor for forcing everybody to pray 5 times facing Mecca?? Comparing the 2 groups is like comparing Bananas and stones, One wants the FG to give him 10 bags of rice instead of 2 from his own farm while the other is fighting a war of ideology, If u give the other 12 bags hes asking for, the war is over but the other, what do u give him
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by DeCleff(m): 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

u can say whatever u wish to say in this matter but the truth is that ND MEND ane Boko haram are never the same. Talking about the foreigners u claimed where killed by mend are false cos they didn't kill anyone. I remenbered a Britian who was kidnapped and later released, when he was interviewed on his experiences in the militant camp, he said it was fun and enjoyable, he said he never lacked anything as all his needs were provided by the militants. He even said on different occasion the militants took him on a ride; showing him many oil wells and how poor the communities that owns the oil wells are. He told the government to do something in imprnving the living standard of those communities since they are the backbone of Nigeria's economy. These statements were made by a kidnapped britian during his release. Most of the death during that period was actually caused by JTF. So what boko haram agitating for? To islamise naija abi? I hope next time that u think properly before opening ur mouth in public to say nonesense.elves over it.
[quote][/quote] u can say whatever u wish to say in this matter but the truth is that ND MEND ane Boko haram are never the same. Talking about the foreigners u claimed where killed by mend are false cos they didn't kill anyone. I remenbered a Britian who was kidnapped and later released, when he was interviewed on his experiences in the militant camp, he said it was fun and enjoyable, he said he never lacked anything as all his needs were provided by the militants. He even said on different occasion the militants took him on a ride; showing him many oil wells and how poor the communities that owns the oil wells are. He told the government to do something in imprnving the living standard of those communities since they are the backbone of Nigeria's economy. These statements were made by a kidnapped britian during his release. Most of the death during that period was actually caused by JTF. So what boko haram agitating for? To islamise naija abi? I hope next time that u think properly before opening ur mouth in public to say nonesense.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by cvibe: 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2011
No Comparison at all.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2011
jamace:

I hate to hear comparisons putting MEND and Boko Haram in the same boat.

MEND fought for something tangible and meaningful - better lives from resources from their land. And now that the govt has listened and provided better life (to a large extent), MEND is happy and has calm down. Please note that no amount spent on MEND is too much because that is the goose that lays the golden egg.

Now, what is Boko Haram fighting for? "We don't want western education, we want Islamic education", abi? No problem. Thank God, the fed govt  allowed sharia practice  for  their states and their states are already practicing the sharia legal system. The fed govt has also established nomadic education for them.   With all these in place, What else do they want the fed govt to do? angry The worst I expect from Boko Haram is to  refuse to send their children to western education schools, period. Why kill and maim people and disturb the peace of the country?  angry

With the way Boko Haram is carrying out offensive actions against innocent citizens, there seem to be an undertone to their actions because their demands are already met and in place.

Good post. . .

MEND represents a group of people who were pushed against the wall by a government that stole from their land and gave them nothing in return. Not only did the government allow corporations to steal the oil, these same corporations continue to pollute a land that was once pristine.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2011
Terrorist Group Profile: The Movement For The Emancipation of The Niger Delta ( MEND)

http://www.terroristplanet.com/2010/02/terrorist-group-profile-the-movement-for-the-emancipation-of-the-niger-delta/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FEC Approves Seven New Road Projects Across The Six Geo-political Zones / Nigerians Will Now Know Who Tinubu Is / Go To Tribunal, Stop Unnecessary Protest, Group Tells Ize- Iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.