Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram (7364 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison / Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs / Civilian Control Over The Military: A Comparison Between Nigeria And The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
EzeUche:

What kind of person are you when you compare a people that have been exploited for half a century with those who hate Western education?

The kind of person that does not differentiate between violence. Violence is violence.

Both boko harams and Mend are targeting innocent civilians. It's like saying there's a difference between SE kidnappers and Somalian pirates ; NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL. Lives are still lost.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The kind of person that does not differentiate between violence. Violence is violence.

Both boko harams and Mend are targeting innocent civilians. It's like saying there's a difference between SE kidnappers and Somalian pirates ; NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL. Lives are still lost.

That is a LIE!

When has MEND targeted NIGERIAN civilians?

Are the creeks filled with civilians or oil pipelines?
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2011
texazzpete:

So if MEND finally gets their 'true federalism', explain to us how they plan to ressurrect the innocent people they killed in their operations.
I saw the funeral pictures of a young Naval officer killed in cold blood at Atlas Cove. I saw the young wife weeping with the two kids aged 7 and 5. When does MEND plan to bring their daddy back?

It was the fault of the federal government sending troops to fight people who weren't violent in the first place!!!

MEND kidnapped oil workers but never killed them at all!!!! So if you are going to blame MEND so much, what will you say about Nelson Mandela's use of force?

The bombing of the Atlas cove was due to the extreme aggressive tactics the Fed govt employed then and same can be blamed for other bombings, If MEND gets what they are fighting for with blood and all they got, Nigerians will be safe, a new system will be in place, Nigerians will now rule themselves,

Now imagine BOKO Haram given what they want. What will you have to say about the people of nigeria if Nigeria give in to them? The only people MEND's request won't favour is the rich and the govt officials looting funds,
Ask your self who MEND will favour,

PLEASE Let's not abandoned common sense out of tribal sentiments, Violence in the case of MEND was necessary. Imagine if All of Nigeria has sweet crude, and SHELL is deeply controlling our politicians. What do you think the people of Nigeria will do? Bloody revolution will be inevitable!!!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2011
MEND = Freedom Fighters

Boko Haram = Terrorist of the worst kind.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2011
And for the record, violence is what you do with it not good or evil!!!!!

Violence is not Violence!!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2011
EzeUche:

That is a LIE!

When has MEND targeted NIGERIAN civilians?

Are the creeks filled with civilians or oil pipelines?

Oh so now, we should be concerned about their intention? They did not intend to kidnap or kill people abi?

Just like boko harams were merely passing by when their pocket bomb souvenir dropped out of their pocket.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by texazzpete(m): 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2011
0lumide:

The bombing of the Atlas cove was due to the extreme aggressive tactics the Fed govt employed then and same can be blamed for other bombings, If MEND gets what they are fighting for with blood and all they got, Nigerians will be safe, a new system will be in place, Nigerians will now rule themselves,

This same justification was used by Osama when sending his minions to blow up nursery schools and innocent women and kids.
You sail to a lighly guarded facility in Lagos, open fire with a hail of bullets, mow down innocent family men in their prime and then claim it was 'protesting exploitation'. Utter nonsense.

In all MEND's inglorious years, we never saw them go after any of the greedy politicians that dealt the insider blows to the ND.

They aren't as dumb as Boko Haram, but they sure aren't no angels.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2011
During MEND's heyday, many people in the Niger Delta were and still are sympathetic to MEND.

Only a person from the Niger Delta can understand what MEND was fighting for. And I still support their cause. The true MEND.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aljharem3: 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2011
0lumide:

And for the record, violence is what you do with it not good or evil!!!!!

Violence is not Violence!!

total rubbish
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
texazzpete:

This same justification was used by Osama when sending his minions to blow up nursery schools and innocent women and kids.
You sail to a lighly guarded facility in Lagos, open fire with a hail of bullets, mow down innocent family men in their prime and then claim it was 'protesting exploitation'.  Utter nonsense.

In all MEND's inglorious years, we never saw them go after any of the greedy politicians that dealt the insider blows to the ND.

They aren't as dumb as Boko Haram, but they sure aren't no angels.

Stop comparing apples and oranges seriously!!!

Osama orchestrated agression against a nation killing 3k+ people. Seriously? is that your argument? Osama? MEND?

Mehn seriously do better than that!!! What was the goal of Osama? To destroy and keep destroying North Americans/Europeans

What of the goal of MEND? Simple, self determination. To be allowed to plunder or utilize their resources for their good simple!!!!

Boko Haram is what you should compare to Osama seriously!!!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

total rubbish

Are you guys being bias because you are Muslims?

Seriously get some brain Alj.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2011
The way some Nairalanders think. . .  angry angry angry
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by jamace(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2011
Meanwhile, in a terse statement written in Hausa and circulated around Maiduguri, yesterday, Boko Haram gave strict conditions for truce in the over two years uprising in the state.

Signed by one Usman Al-Zawahiri, who claimed to be the spokesman of the group, and entitled; Conditions for Dialogue with President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Kashim Shettima’, the group used the statement to react to recent overtures for talks by Governor Shettima and the calls on government to grant amnesty to detained members of the religious sect.

We demand for the strict enforcement of Sharia legal system in the Muslim-dominated states in the North as part of conditions for dialogue with the government”, the group said in the statement. The Islamic sect also demanded the prosecution of the immediate past governor of Borno State, Senator Modu Sheriff for the killing of its leader two years ago as well as the release of all its detained members.

“If the government meets these conditions, we will agree to a ceasefire and enter into dialogue with them”, the statement added.
Boko Haram, which means ‘western education is sin’, launched its operation in 2009, but was checkmated by security forces, leading to the killing of its leader, Muhammed Yusuff.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/june/14/newsbreak-14-06-2011-001.html

Somebody should help me out here, please. How many states in Nigeria are practicing the sharia system? Is the sharia having positive effect on the lives of citizens of those states practicing sharia? What is the level of human and infrastructural development there compared to non-sharia states? Are the leaders in sharia states less corrupt (financial misappropriation) than those in non-sharia states?
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2011
jamace:

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/june/14/newsbreak-14-06-2011-001.html

Somebody should help me out here, please. How many states in Nigeria are practicing the sharia system? Is the sharia having positive effect on the lives of citizens of those states practicing sharia? What is the level of human and infrastructural development there compared to non-sharia states? Are the leaders in sharia states less corrupt (financial misappropriation) than those in non-sharia states?

[img]http://undhimmi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/nigeria_sharia_states.gif
[/img]

Start counting. . .
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2011
EzeUche:

[img]http://undhimmi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/nigeria_sharia_states.gif
[/img]

Start counting. . .

Dude two Kwara up there,

It should be Niger - Minna not Kwara mina!!!!!!

i was gonna be like Kwara isn't even close to being a Sharia state!!!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 08, 2011
MEND fight for their rights>>>>,

they fight for development, d boko guys fight to achieve illiteracy, how lame, undecided undecided undecided
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Musiwa42: 2:08am On Jul 08, 2011
Boko Haram is only using the languages in which Nigeria government understand, which is violent. Nigeria government does not understand peaceful talk. If you talk peacefully with Nigeria government , they will not listen, that why the Boko Haram sect is using the languages the Nigeria government understand. You can see, how long we have been posting the satellite pictures and the Nigeria government refuse to do anything.

this is the language the nigeria government understand , it is so unfortunate. And that is why this people they call Boko Haram is speaking their language. it is so unfortunate that a government does not understand peaceful languages

Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:12am On Jul 08, 2011
I don't understand the satelite image at alll,
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:38am On Jul 08, 2011
No comparison, though, MEND constituted a great nuisance to the country. The selfish aim was palple when they demanded for resource control through violence - kidnaping expatriates, prominent and rich Nigerians and detonated several bombs. We know the root of that the environment and the situation in Niger-delta was becoming unbearable for them. The company exploiting the area didn't care about the environmental impact of gas flairing and oil spillage(I think they have a fairly justifiable course unlike the Boko Haram) niether the Nigerian govt.

Boko Haram on the other hand is a suicide group which makes it very abnoxious and fearfuly dangerous. The religion undertone gives it the more potent stigman that such can not be tolerate in any way in Nigeria because Nigeria is not a religion based govt and we have seen the deadly impact of religion in our history. So, it creates an avenue for chaos we are witnessing today in the North, not only that they are doing nothing to arrest the situation. Also, they are not their backward mentality associated with people of the North. The highest poverty rate in the country is in that part, illitracy is on the highest, and gradual breeding of religion fanaticism is on the rise.

I think there is no comparision on the ground of impact. Yet, both are ways to disrupt the nation progress.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by jamace(m): 6:03am On Jul 08, 2011
Boko Haram is of no economic, political or social importance to Nigeria. There are bunch of brainwashed and religiously blinded agitators seeking to take Nigeria backward to the stone age. God forbid.

We have about 10 or more states practicing sharia legal system. Has the practice affected the lives of the states positively more than states that are not practicing sharia in Nigeria?

I believe Boko Haram are just terrorists and should be deleted from the land of Nigeria.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Sike(m): 6:45am On Jul 08, 2011
0lumide:

Are you guys being bias because you are Muslims?

Seriously get some brain Alj.
Are you guys being CONVINSED because you are Christians?
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by naijaking1: 7:05am On Jul 08, 2011
Oh Yes there a comparison b/w the 2.
MEND fights to protect and preserve its natural resources: oil, BK fights to protect and preserve its natural resources: the presidency shocked
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 08, 2011
Sike:

Are you guys being CONVINSED because you are Christians?

Oh please state why you think the two orgs can be seen as same!!

And i'm not a Xtian olodo!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by ddippset(m): 7:15am On Jul 08, 2011
the boko harams do not want western education. now i wonder if their bombs, their cell phones, their guns, and the vehicles they use to run away from the law are products of their koranic schools.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by ddippset(m): 7:19am On Jul 08, 2011
one group wants resources and money, the other group wants us to stop going to school. now iam worried how some people could want to compare these two groups. iam very worried. what is wrong with this generation of ours?
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 08, 2011
0lumide:

Oh please state why you think the two orgs can be seen as same!!

And i'm not a Xtian olodo!

Stop showing your unlimited ignorance here.Wait till boko haram turns into a political party before your eyes clear.Boko haram has a political ideology while mend is just out to reap from the whims and caprices of our thiefing politicians.It doesn't matter the modus operandi employed by these groups but the bottomline is that they both have a common cause ''Emancipation ''.
This is exactly the same way PLO,IRA,ANC even Biafra started and they are granted international recognition.the greater population of Nigeria may not align with he boko haram ideology but mend is not in any way better than them because they terrorise the innocent citizens.I wonder if folks like you will call boko haram a terror group if the crude oil is gushing from maiduguri or bauchi ?
The problem with you people is that you can't distinguish between morality and fundamental human rights !
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by phreakabit(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2011
They're both the same.

Fighting for a cause they believe in.

The black law says that whatever is illegal is illegal, there's no grey area.

MEND is in the ND, BH is in the North (esp in Borno). I beleive MASSOBs are next in order.

I feel sorry for this girl everytime I read her posts. She has to be the dumbest girl here on NL! If you add to that the fact that she is one UGLY mofo! You will then understand why I feel sorry for her. I thought bimbos ( not the Yoruba name) were suppose to be pretty but dumb? She brings a whole new twist to the bimbo theory! For goodness sakes do these terms have the same meaning MILITIA REBELS (MEND), TERRORISTS (Boko Haram) AND PRESSURE GROUP (MASSOB)?

Ileke idi should quit posting on NL and resolve to chasing her career as an omo-alata !

BTW what does the last line in her post have to do with any of this here? Nobody asked you for their geographical location, damn SMH!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Stop showing your unlimited ignorance here.Wait till boko haram turns into a political party before your eyes clear.Boko haram has a political ideology while mend is just out to reap from the whims and caprices of our thiefing politicians.It doesn't matter the modus operandi employed by these groups but the bottomline is that they both have a common cause ''Emancipation ''.
This is exactly the same way PLO,IRA,ANC even Biafra started and they are granted international recognition.the greater population of Nigeria may not align with he boko haram ideology but mend is not in any way better than them because they terrorise the innocent citizens.I wonder if folks like you will call boko haram a terror group if the crude oil is gushing from maiduguri or bauchi ?
The problem with you people is that you can't distinguish between morality and fundamental human rights !

Yay!!! Another smart Muslim has spoken!!!!

The guerrilla unit in South Africa used violence to liberate the people would you paint them in the same brush you paint Al qaeda?

Boko Haram political party? And what will be what they stand for?Islamization of the nation!!! I hate to jump at insulting people but dude you are one hell of a fart stench !!

Will you say Biafra has no right to fight for their  land? Are you saying those who fought for biafra should be tagged terrorists?

No no no ! If oil was gushing from Maiduguri and they are fighting to  have a huge share for their people of the oil that is polluting their environment of course boko haram won't be a terrorist to me!! But no they are fighting to force their ideologies on the nation or the north be allowed to secede the nation!!!

No idiota I will like you to explain to me what morality has to do with it!!! Because boko haram is fighting to force their morals on the nation while MEND fighting for the rights of the Niger Delta!!! And don't come here stoopid illiterate talking like you know anything about how people should think, 

Boko haram isn't fighting for emacipation; they are fighting to impose an idealogy on people you ignorant slowpoke!! how did you arrive at that word ignorant when you look in the mirror?

No one is saying MEND is an army of angels but their cause is well justified. What they are fighting over belongs to them because it is in their land!  MEND wants every Nigerian to be like them (Muslims) what is the sense in that?

You southern Muslims are soooo Ignorant? the only thing y'all don't do is strap up with hydrogen and splatter!! I'm thinking it's because y'all ain't got the balls to!!
Are you silly? I mean you idiotas come with the idea of "I don't want to be ignorant by being more ignorant" undecided undecided undecided

This is your mentalitry: I'm from the south and to not sound ignorant, i have to support the North so I won't been seen as a tribalist or bigot! Are you ediots kidding me? Y'all 72 virgins wanna haves gotta be kidding me for real!!!

Stand for objectivity and common sense not ignorance!! MEND can be a political party and fight for true federalism in the country which will allow them have what they wanted but Boko haram can not be a political party and be pushing for the islamization of Nigeria which is unconstitutional You stinky asss idiota!!!

Get da fck outta here 72 virgin wanna have!! Can't you just be objective for once you nutjob!!!!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 08, 2011
Idiotas!!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 08, 2011
0lumide:

[s]Yay!!! Another smart Muslim has spoken!!!!

The guerrilla unit in South Africa used violence to liberate the people would you paint them in the same brush you paint Al qaeda?

Boko Haram political party? And what will be what they stand for?Islamization of the nation!!! I hate to jump at insulting people but dude you are one hell of an !!

Will you say Biafra has no right to fight for their  land? Are you saying those who fought for biafra should be tagged terrorists?

No no no ! If oil was gushing from Maiduguri and they are fighting to  have a huge share for their people of the oil that is polluting their environment of course boko haram won't be a terrorist to me!! But no they are fighting to force their ideologies on the nation or the north be allowed to secede the nation!!!

No idiota I will like you to explain to me what morality has to do with it!!! Because boko haram is fighting to force their morals on the nation while MEND fighting for the rights of the Niger Delta!!! And don't come here stoopid illiterate talking like you know anything about how people should think,  

Boko haram isn't fighting for emacipation; they are fighting to impose an idealogy on people you ignorant slowpoke!! how did you arrive at that word ignorant when you look in the mirror?

No one is saying MEND is an army of angels but their cause is well justified. What they are fighting over belongs to them because it is in their land!  MEND wants every Nigerian to be like them (Muslims) what is the sense in that?

You southern Muslims are soooo Ignorant? the only thing y'all don't do is strap up with hydrogen and splatter!! I'm thinking it's because y'all ain't got the balls to!!
Are you silly? I mean you idiotas come with the idea of "I don't want to be ignorant by being more ignorant" undecided undecided undecided

This is your mentalitry: I'm from the south and to not sound ignorant, i have to support the North so I won't been seen as a tribalist or bigot! Are you ediots kidding me? Y'all 72 virgins wanna haves gotta be kidding me for real!!!

Stand for objectivity and common sense not ignorance!! MEND can be a political party and fight for true federalism in the country which will allow them have what they wanted but Boko haram can not be a political party and be pushing for the islamization of Nigeria which is unconstitutional You stinky asss idiota!!!

Get da fck outta here 72 virgin wanna have!! Can't you just be objective for once you nutjob!!!!
[/s]

I can't understand a single thing from the rubbish you wrote here.See why i think you are stuupid not to know the difference between morality and human rights ? What law has boko haram broken if they decide not to tolerate western education ? It's just like crucifying the chinese or cubans for communism.people  have the rights to chose how they live their lives but I will only get mad if boko harms force their ideologies on southerners that chose a liberal way of live.under democray,you have the right to follow the opposite view and if that is what boko haram choose for themselves,so be it afterall the tendencies have been there even before amalgamation.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by phreakabit(m): 8:53am On Jul 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Stop showing your unlimited ignorance here.Wait till boko haram turns into a political party before your eyes clear.Boko haram has a political ideology [/b]while mend is just out to reap from the whims and caprices of our thiefing politicians.It doesn't matter the modus operandi employed by these groups but the bottomline is that they both have a common cause ''Emancipation ''.
This is exactly the same way PLO,IRA,ANC [b]even Biafra started
and they are granted international recognition.the greater population of Nigeria may not align with he boko haram ideology but mend is not in any way better than them because they terrorise the innocent citizens.I wonder if folks like you will call boko haram a terror group if the crude oil is gushing from maiduguri or bauchi ?

Always doubted your intellectual credibility. The quote from your post above, just proves my[b] initial[/b] skepticism/ doubts about how intelligent you are, where not wrong.
You call planting bombs in relaxation/recreational centers human rights? Your manner of thinking is a clear indication that you suffer from dyslexia. Your train of thoughts is clearly incommunicado, comparing Biafra to Boko Haram.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I can't understand a single thing from the rubbish you wrote here.See why i think you are stuupid not to know the difference between morality and human rights ? What law has boko haram broken if they decide not to tolerate western education ? It's just like crucifying the chinese or cubans for communism.people  have the rights to chose how they live their lives but I will only get mad if boko harms force their ideologies on southerners that chose a liberal way of live.under democray,you have the right to follow the opposite view and if that is what boko haram choose for themselves,so be it afterall the tendencies have been there even before amalgamation.

You see why I think you are extremely stoopid?

If they don't want western education, they shouldn't have to blow themselves up for it. All they have to do is find a way to educate themselves and not force it on those who want western education! No no you are not being objective again. Boko Haram is going against the constitution of Nigeria which protects our seculiarity! And there are people in NORTH who are not boko haramists so why make life uncomfortable for them? Are you serious?

Mehn I think it's about time Southern Chritians start blowing up mosques now because they don't want islamic education? because by your logic it's a democracy and they can take the opposite view. SMH, Anyone with a mind not indoctrinated can read my previous post and understand except for ummm yeah we know y'all,

There are xtians in Northern Nigeria so life can be hell for them because boko haram is in a democracy and can take opposite view? You still haven't injected Moral and human right into your argument Imam, you are just being plain ignorant!! Boko haram doesn't have the right to force their ideology on anyone in the north! even if there is a single soul who wants to acquire university education in the North, boko haram has no right against that person!

I'm guessing you heard their last warning telling Muslims to stay away from xtians because xtians are targest right? Dude common!! Stop exposing your ignorance!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Sen. Bukola Saraki More Powerful Than Sen. Bola Tinubu / Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism / Easterners Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.