Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram (7360 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison / Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs / Civilian Control Over The Military: A Comparison Between Nigeria And The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by success4(m): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2011
EzeUche:

Thank you jmaine!

You thanked him for supporting your troll?
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aljharem3: 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2011
success4:

You thanked him for supporting your troll?

gbamm
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2011
And where was the word terror and terrorist used by CNN or BBC

Radical Jewish sect spends Sabbath in Gaza

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread531213/pg1

Should we call this also a terrorist organisation?
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by jmaine: 2:22am On Jul 10, 2011
dayokanu:

And where was the word terror and terrorist used by CNN or BBC

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread531213/pg1

Should we call this also a terrorist organization?

If the activities of the group above fulfills the definition below . .then it can be defined as a terror organization irrespective of religion and nationality . . .

Terror : - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological  in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear . . .

Now a simple question to you . . . is the Taliban islamic approach Fundamental and radical ? . . do they fulfill the above definition ? . . . Does the Boko Haram sect share the same radical and fundamental ideologies of the Taliban ( They even nick named themselves the Nigerian taliban) . .  and do they fulfill the above definition . .  The moment the U.S.A confirms a substantial connection/link of a listed terror organization to the Jama’atu ahlus sunnah lid da’awati wal jihad sect a.k.a  Boko haram  . .  then, they shall be officially listed and addressed as one  . . . but for now, they are identified as radicalized and fundamental Islamic extremist in the same stead as their role models in the Middle East presently.

Am done arguing just for the sake of it  . . .
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 3:54am On Jul 10, 2011
MEND fits the definition better, use of violence on civilian population to get what ever
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Rhino5dm: 7:41am On Jul 10, 2011
whether BH and Mend are thesame is another issue, but MEND is a comfirmed terror organisation with the ability of inflicting pain and death on innocent souls to drive home their political agenda.

I wonder what kind of group will be blowing up houses, hotel, pipelines, cars and social gathering, killing, kidnnaping, terrorizing to drive home their agenda . The question i want to ask is who has the monopoly of using the word terrorist?

Lets wait for a second and assume MEND are in the USA are they going to be called terrorist or what? Fill me in!?

Their leader was known to be having links with terrorist organization. Don't ask me how.
BBC once aired the interview with Asari Dokubu pledging his loyalty to Al-qaeda and went ahead to give the reason why he named his son OSAMA as a mark of honour and inspiration from Osama Bin Laden. Again, last year thesame MEND leader was interviewed in portharcourt Silverbird FM when he was extending hands of freindship to Boko haram and giving them a wonderful support. I see some eddiots trying to spin off the reality.

By all standard MEND is a terrorist organisation! I wonder what charges are they slamming against Henry Okah(Mend leader) is south Africa other than acts of terrorism. nuff said!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 9:11am On Jul 10, 2011
Well said, didnt Asari adopt the name Mujahid for himself yet some ppl are trying to spin this
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Rhino5dm: 10:51am On Jul 10, 2011
He actually adopted the name "MUJAHID" when he converted to ISLAM. . .okay lets take out the name MUJAHID and scan through the reason why an adult will adopt such a name.
MU-JAHID is an arabic word, from the root name JIHAD!
MUJAHID = The enforcer of JIHAD.
From which you can arrive at 'MUJAHEEDUNA or MUJJAHIDUN' or 'MUJADDADI'. , remember the mujahidun in Afghanistan, the fore beerer of Al-qeada.

Weather he meant it to be ordinary 'struggle' as the original name connates or the new well-defined meaning of (fighting or killing or suicide bombing or terrorism) should be examine by his actions wihich i thinks fits in with the second meaning.

I stand to be corrected on this! Out of the blues you can't choose to be using the word 'terrorist' when it suits your intention and discard it at your will. A terrorist must be a terrorist. Period!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by jmaine: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2011
So Asari Dokubo = MEND . . .splendid post lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . . .
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Gbenge77(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2011
Both are militant groups fighting for a cause.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aikuda(m): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2011
I feel ashamed and sad for people to see people claim that MEND and BK are the same. How do you compare a man that is fighting keep his land from getting destroyed without proper compensation to a man who want to kill you because you love wetsren education? Show me one organization that has won freedom in history that dint use some form of violence. Don't get me wrong, I hate violence just like you but tghere are times when it is justifiable. even the law recgnises that. What Boko HARAM is doing is to kill Nigerians (christians, muslims, and others) even when they have not been provoked. How does that make sense?

@Bluetooth, Rhino.5dm and otherss, I know you want to be politically correct by saying MEND and BK are the same, but sometimes its ok to tell the truth. Doing otherwise have a far bigger ramification for us all. Look I hate MEND for turning NIGER DELTA into dens of kidnappers and then run to abuja to get amnesty. They institutionalised kidnapping in Nigeria. I hate the Nigerian Government even more for not listening to Saro Wiwa and others before it got to this stage. But MEND violence ( I am not talking about other arm robbers and kidnappers using the name of MEND) is still not the same as someone wanting to kill you for as flimsy excuse as you obtaining wesern education. thats madness! As someone has rightly said here, you cannot reason with someone who wants nothing. I beileve that BK doesn't really want anything. Thier aim is to destabilize Nigeria. It problably started by some religiously-overzealous youths who were just bored and jobless. My fear is that if good reason is not needed to start violence, then we must wait for more groups to start springing up all accross the country demanding one thing or the other whether it make sense or not.

For @Bluetooth, Rhino.5dm and the others, if someone comes to your house and exploit your resources, take your property and kill your family members just becuase you ask them to stop or pay you what you are due, what would you do? I knwo what I would do. I will defend my land and family with all my strenght even if it means dying for the cause. But I wont sell-out like MEND.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2011
^^ Really you have said anything.

Show me freedom fighters who kidnap for ransom, Whose leaders are nothing but common criminals who now have a fleet of exotic cars from Lawlessness yet get amnesty, salary and scholarship
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Rhino5dm: 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2011
@ Aikuda or whatever!
You are such an ignorant of the realities on ground for you to spew out that trash. Your logic is dwarf and very lame to warrant any reply not for fact that 95% of Nlanders are 'google' heroes that need to be constantly schooled. lol!

Now you tell among these names who is a freedom fighter. . .

Asari Dokubo, Henry Okah, Boylaof, Atake Tom, General Togo, sagoma Goearge while you still figuring out my point of concern, you should quickly tell Nlanders the achievement of those you called freedom fighters. Buncha bloody hopeless illiterates that resolve to terrorism.

Only a lunatic will call MEND freedom fighters. Who enslave them in the first place other than their kinsmen, who choose to consume what belong to whole village. Heck! I wont surprise if you are not among those welcoming Alams and tagging his London arrest as witch-hunting.

Lazy people that does nothing other than buying jeeps and sleep with ashawos every night.
Sha this is internet a place where moorons can claim to be anything!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 7:04am On Jul 11, 2011
MEND is worse
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by russellino: 9:01am On Jul 11, 2011
Mend is comprised of area boys, ex armed robbers and oil bunkerers and employed criminal activity such as kidnapping, sabotage of pipelines and even murder etc but everyone acknowledged they had a cause to fight for. Mend focusses on kidnapping oil workers and releasing them after obtaining loads of cash, i can count the number of times they intentionally killed people to achieve their purpose, except security forces who tried to get in their way. When they have placed bombs they ALWAYS sent out warnings beforehand

Boko haram not only place bombs in places designed to inflict maximum casualties to civilians and ordinary people. they go to beer parlours and open fire on packed crowds, give 10 year old kids bombs to carry, place bombs in churches on sunday mornings etc. They have no set aims or objectives except the idiotic ''western education is evil'' mantra while they use the internet and other ''evil'' western things.

Both groups are criminal if you get down to brass tacks but if asked to choose to live in either PH or Borno I'd be more comfortable in PH. At least the bombs are targetted at the pipelines, not innocent guys like me trying to have a drink on a friday night
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aikuda(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2011
@Rhino.5dm
made my opinion known without insulting you but yet you reposnded by calling your grand father ignorant. Well Ican see how you fail to see the nuances in my comment. You will always be blind to opinions that are different from yours.

Whether you chose to ignore history out of sheer stupidity or ignorance, I will like remind you a gain that that MEND came along because the federal government and in conjunction with the oil comppnies destroyed the livelihood of many communities in niger delta. Irrespective of the tactic used by MEND (many of which I noted as bad), but they have a justifiable starting point. Tell me where BOKO HARAM claim is justified? You are the one that needs a bit of schooloing before you start screaming senselessness on the internet. i.diot!

You want to school Nairalanders? I thought your BOKO HARAM folks says western education is bad? Oh, you are talking of almajiri school. That's why you hate google, too. i get it. Any ways, I think its your turn to wear the suicde vest along with your brothers from Niger and chad. Free us of your lunancy!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aikuda(m): 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2011
@dayo kano
^^ Really you have said anything.

Show me freedom fighters who kidnap for ransom, Whose leaders are nothing but common criminals who now have a fleet of exotic cars from Lawlessness yet get amnesty, salary and scholarship

I think is you that understood nothing from my comment. read again!

show me one successful freedom fighting organization that have not used nefarious means to achieve their aim, and I will show many freedom fighters that have used kidnapping for ransome as weapon. Do a little research before you make claims.

I never said MEND was perfect. They have claim that can be related to by people who are not biased as the guiding principle. educate me of an equal claim by boko haram that make them similar to MEND.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aikuda(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2011
@RUSSELINO,

I couldn't agree more with you this. It is what the dafty lot headed by Malam Rhino.5dm MUGU lack the intellectual capacity to comprehend.

[b]Mend is comprised of area boys, ex armed robbers and oil bunkerers and employed criminal activity such as kidnapping, sabotage of pipelines and even murder etc but everyone acknowledged they had a cause to fight for. Mend focusses on kidnapping oil workers and releasing them after obtaining loads of cash, i can count the number of times they intentionally killed people to achieve their purpose, except security forces who tried to get in their way. When they have placed bombs they ALWAYS sent out warnings beforehand

Boko haram not only place bombs in places designed to inflict maximum casualties to civilians and ordinary people. they go to beer parlours and open fire on packed crowds, give 10 year old kids bombs to carry, place bombs in churches on sunday mornings etc. They have no set aims or objectives except the idiotic ''western education is evil'' mantra while they use the internet and other ''evil'' western things.

Both groups are criminal if you get down to brass tacks but if asked to choose to live in either PH or Borno I'd be more comfortable in PH. At least the bombs are targetted at the pipelines, not innocent guys like me trying to have a drink on a friday night[/b]
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by redsun(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2011
Comparing mend with d bokos is like comparing IRA with d taliban.Bokos are subhumans fighting for subhuman causes in a more
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by redsun(m): 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2011
or less subhuman system.Like begets likes
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by ow11(m): 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2011
Boko Haram have a better ideology and are bigger men than those guns for hire called MEND. MEND claimed to be fighting for the ND and even though their war has brought some respite and awareness on the plight, It has made the ND one of the most dangerous places to be in Nigeria.

Boko Haram are fighting the thieving political elite in their own domain and were a few minutes from killing the IG. I say no amount of bombs by the Nigerian Army will solve this problem until the FG realises that stealing public funds has to end! Everything that has a beginnning must have an end!

STOP STEALING and Improve the lives of people. Would a Qatari or Kuwaiti riot and tie bombs to himself and attack the Leadership or Authorities in those countries? Killing them all will be cutting the head of the proverbial hydra-headed monster. The Israelis have not been successful in shutting out the Palestineans and that is certainly NOT a model to follow. The root cause of these problems is poverty, why is the FG trying to colour this?

We can't afford to live in a heavily fortified country when people in Cotonou and Douala are sleeping peacefully.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by redsun(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2011
How does islam and christinity coexist in countries like ghanaand ethiopia with ease?but hell in naija,suppose elite africans
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aikuda(m): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2011
comment by ow11: Boko Haram are fighting the thieving political elite in their own domain and were a few minutes from killing the IG. I say no amount of bombs by the Nigerian Army will solve this problem until the FG realises that stealing public funds has to end! Everything that has a beginnning must have an end!

Really. Is this all they say they want (i thought they want want sharia, and want the prohibition of western education)? if so, godspeed.    shocked
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by ow11(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2011
^^^

Apparently I see where you get your news from. Hungry and deprived people will always seek to find solace in something.

Scenario 1: A young man is Maiduguri has been told about a time before Nigeria that cows were in abundance, men had homes and worshipped Allah in peace. He looks around him, hungry and homeless and wonders what happened. A mullah tells him it is the West aligned government that caused it and has ruined his hometown.

The same young man tries to see if sharia law that was existing in Maiduguri in the 19th century can be brought back at least then people were not hungry. The political sharia is established to calm his nerves and gain popularity votes. A few years later, he sees this as a mere gimmick and is still convinced that the pro-west government and his western educated sharia interpreters should be the problem. He joins a pressure group to force the true sharia on his town. (Notice how a simple human need has been polished with religious and political tones)

The incumbent theives sensing that an opponent might get sympathetic with this pressure group and gain political power paint said group as terrorists and thus the BOKO HARAM PROPAGANDA is born!

Today all we see are retaliations gone bad and unscrupulous painting over and propaganda. No single journalist has bothered to get an interview or anything close. Instead are selling the same propanganda like the Americans are doing the renegade Arabs. These people are actually not our enemies.

In reality, Boko Haram members might be declaring that they want Sharia law and an end to western education as when they had Mid-Eastern education they were better of but in reality they want what we also want. Food, shelter, security, freedom of religion and a sense of belonging. Give these to them and bring the culprits (Police men and Politicians to book ) and you would have the relative peace Ghana, Qatar, Tanzania, Mali enjoy.

Enough of hypocrisy by our politicians. If they like they should call them and settle them like MEND, but they should remember that you cannot have hungry people in your house and expect to have a good night's sleep. STOP BUYING HOUSES IN EUROPE, YOU ARE NOT EUROPEAN AND NEITHER ARE YOUR BLACK CHILDREN.

In a few years with population growth and general lack, Indigenous Europeans will turn on immigrant populations as that is human behaviour (the need to blame something or someone for their inadequacies). How long would we will then continue to pay for the shortsightedness of our parents. In the 17th century, we sold our best for mirrors and in the 21st we are selling our future generations for mansions, bank balances and parties in Europe and America.

GEJ STOP THE HYPOCRISY AND GOVERN THIS NATION SINCERELY!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2011
redsun:

How does islam and christinity coexist in countries like ghanaand ethiopia with ease?but hell in naija,suppose elite africans

Ghana has a dominant Christian population and a history of non-Muslims dominating Muslims. This can be seen with the Asante Confederacy, which raided their Northern Muslim populations. The most feared group in Ghana were the Ashantis who were non-Muslims. In Ethiopia, their Muslim population was subjugated by the Christian Solomonid Dynasty that rule the country for centuries.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aikuda(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2011
@ow11,
i get my news from variety of available sources. I dn't have access to BOKO HARAM spokes persons. That is why i take wjat i get from news sources avaialbe.

But I can see the point in some of the things you are saying. I like especially this part of your comment: , but in reality they want what we also want. Food, shelter, security, freedom of religion and  a sense of belonging. Give these to them and bring the culprits (Police men and Politicians to book ) and you would have the relative peace Ghana, Qatar, Tanzania, Mali enjoy.

However, I also think it is the responsibility of BOKO HARAM to tell the masses they claim to be fighting for what they really want. Believe me if what you have expressed here is their official demand, many of us wil agree with them (even though like MEND we may reject their methods).
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2011
MEND are just a bunch of criminals encouraged by their Spokesman and benefactor.

Tell the people killed in ATlas cove if there is a difference between MEND and Boko Haram

Meanwhile the MEND leaders are buying fleet of cars while the populace they claim to be fighting for are still suffering
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2011
dayokanu:

MEND are just a bunch of criminals encouraged by their Spokesman and benefactor.

Tell the people killed in ATlas cove if there is a difference between MEND and Boko Haram

Meanwhile the MEND leaders are buying fleet of cars while the populace they claim to be fighting for are still suffering

You are blinded by your religious bigotry. There is no comparison.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2011
EzeUche:

You are blinded by your religious bigotry. There is no comparison.

Which Religion are you talking about here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render / Clear Pictures Of Apc Rally In Bayelsa And Townhall Meeting Benin / Nigerians Will Now Know Who Tinubu Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.