Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls (5582 Views)

Missing $20bn: Okonjo- Iweala Gets One Week Ultimatum To Submit Forensic Audit / Missing $20bn: Okonjo-iweala Gets One Week Ultimatum / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by Nobody: 2:04am On Jul 08, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/okonjo-iweala-gets-threat-calls/
By LEKE ADESERI with Agency report & EMMA UJAH, Abuja Bureau Chief
MANAGING Director at the World Bank and former Finance and Foreign Affairs Minister under former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said, yesterday, she  has been receiving threat calls from corrupt politicians and business elite not to return home for ministerial appointment.

Okonjo-Iweala who revealed this in an interview with the Financial Times of London, said she responded to the threat calls by saying: “But I cannot give up on Nigeria.”

Okonjo-Iweala
[b]She added: “Nigeria matters not just because it is the largest country in Africa by population but also because it is so significant for the rest of West Africa. If Nigeria gets it right, things would really move on, so we need to do better.”[/b]Okonjo-Iweala has since returned to the country and appeared before the Senate screening panel, Wednesday, where she answered questions on how she hoped to improve fiscal policies and the nation’s economy.

When she served as Finance Minister under Obasanjo between 2003 and 2006, she played a key role in rehabilitating the nation’s battered image. Her efforts yielded fruitful dividend when she successfully persuaded creditor nations that the nation was serious and willing to forsake her wasteful spending to justify a write-off of two thirds of her external debt then put at $30 billion,

apart from the issue of THreat,i have always had this in mind  but i dont know how to explain it to people. BLACK NATION TO HAVEE A SAY TO THE WORLD IN FUTURE,i believe NIGERIA got a bigger role to play/and ofcourse they will get it.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by alex14(m): 2:25am On Jul 08, 2011
Okonjo-Iweala who revealed this in an interview with the Financial Times of London, said she responded to the threat calls by saying: “But I cannot give up on Nigeria

[quote][/quote]

Hmmm! *Sigh*  angry
Ndigbo, are we too dum.b to realize that dungeon called nigeria is already a sunk ship? What is with this steewpid woman saying she cannot "give up on nigeria-a devil's paradise"? Is she trying to become another "Zik of africa", the greatest efulefu ever to come out Igbo land. Nna men, ihe nka gwuru mu ike ebe ndibayi o.
Well, if her wish is to die for the nigerian dungeon, then let it be. If she like, make she no loot like everybody else, nonesense! angry.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by aljharem3: 2:43am On Jul 08, 2011
alex_101:

Okonjo-Iweala who revealed this in an interview with the Financial Times of London, said she responded to the threat calls by saying: “But I cannot give up on Nigeria

Hmmm! *Sigh*  angry
Ndigbo, are we too dum.b to realize that dungeon called nigeria is already a sunk ship? What is with this steewpid woman saying she cannot "give up on nigeria-a devil's paradise"? Is she trying to become another "Zik of africa", the greatest efulefu ever to come out Igbo land. Nna men, ihe nka gwuru mu ike ebe ndibayi o.
Well, if her wish is to die for the nigerian dungeon, then let it be. If she like, make she no loot like everybody else, nonesense! angry.

u are the greatest ideeiot i have ever meant, really that is the truth

what are u balbbing about here, total rubbish

love it or hate it, that woman is great
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 08, 2011
alj_harem:

u are the greatest ideeiot i have ever meant, really that is the truth

what are u balbbing about here, total rubbish

love it or hate it, that woman is great
no! he isnt! look away from the igbo,hausa/yoruba side on NL and think, the good people are nt gonna make it in nigeria of now else in near century/future  embarassed which i doubt will survive by then though i want it to, (for the sake of black race)
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by Odunnu: 4:28am On Jul 08, 2011
Mark of a great woman. No true Nigerian can give up on Nigeria.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by Bfine: 9:09am On Jul 08, 2011
What i want to know is with all this SIM card registration going on, cant the call be traced and the people found. There are alot of people that have things to offer this country but for intimidation from unknown persons and the fear of tomorrow they stay away. This lady has made an impact in this country in this country and God willing i pray she does more positive things again, nuff said.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by executinal(m): 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2011
Ngozi nothing do you, just carry on. All that keep this country in this shape will totally regret it in time to come. Even life or dead. Their generation will never leave to see any good thing Nigeria will enjoy in future if they still remain one Nigeria,
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by ektbear: 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2011
@alex_101, wetin concern you? Let her live her life, you live yours. Or is she forcing you to do anything?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by mrofficial(m): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2011
Now I can say that Nigeria is doomed. cry
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by totorimi: 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2011
Time will tell, OBJ used her and dumped her, by the time GEJ realises that she is getting to popular he will dump her. People dont ever learn. And talking about all this people clamouring for NOI, I dont know what magic you people want her to perform.
Must we go all the way to drag her from her job cant we find one good person in Nigeria to handle this. This GEJ never ceases to amaze me, so if this woman sneezes tomorrow now the whole country will shake, abeg the hype is over rated she is not gonna do any jerk for us, know why cos she got nothing to loose. When OBJ sacked her from his cabinet what did she do she jetted of back to where she came from why didnt she stay in Naija and build the nation now they have gone to beg her again as if she is the messiah to save Naija. Wo this nation is sickening.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by JUO(m): 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
na wao them no wan give Nigeria up
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by dapofrank(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2011
which one be dis? She has not even started work and they are issuing death threats already! All those vested interests doing shady things are scared, and they should be!!! They can gather and issue threats for all we care but it will amount to nothing!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by kulutempa: 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2011
I feel sorry for this woman who reminds me of Daniel in the lions den.   It just goes to show that what we need to do in Nigeria is to make sacrifices like the Tunisians and Egyptians and liberate our country from the Mafia like gangsters and vested interests who are holding us to ransom.  Maybe it is time to resort to targeted assassinations against those making the threats or sub contract the job to Boko Haram, if all else fails.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by prodam(m): 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2011
Another female to Emulate
A patriotic one like me and every other better by far students
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by Donmeca(m): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2011
If every other person GEJ's cabinet (including GEJ) is corrupt and Ngozi seems to be d only exception, i dare say she cannot do anything to move Nigeria forward. . . A tree can never make a forest. But if she can still find some like-minds, then she shud vome and help build this nation. Nigeria is now or Never!

I don't agree totally with Alex but I won't blame him so much. there is sense in every nonesense!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by mithel(m): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2011

Hmmm! *Sigh*  angry

You are not only myopic,you are also unpatriotic.just surrender your "dungeon" passport and dont ever come back untill dere is a seccesion,which i put to u will never happen,we will move this country forward.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by Gbenge77(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
Any hope for Nigeria?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by EzeUche(m): 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2011
How dare they make threats to Aunty Ngozi! angry
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Any hope for Nigeria?
not in the near future/ maybe next century,  if the death can rise why wont nigeria.
EzeUche:

How dare they make threats to Aunty Ngozi! angry

i wonder which fools can be making such threat,if its to use internet to suspect, i will guess your friend idi of a woman as no1 wink
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by erelueko(f): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2011
Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by dennismukoro(m): 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2011
see BOKO HARAM dun start again
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by dennismukoro(m): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2011
Boko haram men dun start again
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by reindeer: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2011
I have a lot of respect for this smart woman.
I only hope Jona's ineptitude will allow her work.
When Jona's ogas begin to disturb him about this woman, we hope he will have the balls to stop them.
All in all i wish her success. Nigeria needs people like her but the question is are we deserving of her type?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by vislabraye(m): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2011
There are still cartel in this country. Na wa O.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by hercules07: 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2011
I am not a great fan of Okonjo Iweala, but, she should be provided all the security she needs and whoever is behind the threats should be fished out and prosecuted.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by obyann(f): 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2011
9er, I hail thee  sad
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by NegroNtns(m): 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2011
Why are they threatening her? They are jealous!

She is a beautiful woman, very accomplished and brilliant. I believe Nigeria needs more of her and they need to leave her alone to do her work and contribute to progress.

These men have been in goverment for years and did nothing for progress, now someone is there to add value and they are taking up weapons instead of making room for her.
They are just bad belle, das all!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by dempeople(m): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2011
I hope GEJ would've by now, authorized special security personnel outfits for Aunty Ngozi, Prof Nnaji, Ahmed and Madueke!

I no wan hear story ooo concerning their safety.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by NegroNtns(m): 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
You should know that's where she was going with the threat alarm! Lol!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by nolongtin(m): 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2011
i hope dis devils let u work great woman.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by dipoluv: 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2011
To HELL with those people threating DR. Ngozi Iweala on phone, The woman is ready 2 work
Re: Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls by gabreel: 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
folks, either we like it or not the women have it take. and she is Mrs. right for the job. however, as far as Nigeria is still together let all join hand together to make it great. irrespective of your background and your religion affiliation.
she is contributing quota. and her name will be imprinted in the sand of time. for sure i can vouch that we all will fell her impact and God will use him to change all kind of bogus policy being enshrine to embezzle our money.
God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. / Shekau "Alive And Well"- Ahmed Salkida / Aftermath Of Tambuwal’s Defection: Presidency, PDP Move Against Emeka Ihedioha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.