Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake (9581 Views)

2023: Ortom Led PDP Zoning Committee Throws Presidential Ticket Open / Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open / APC Governors: No To Zoning, Presidential Ticket Open To All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by bennybuhari: 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2022
Chief Olabode George, a former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has urged the leadership of the party to zone its presidential ticket for the 2023 general election to the South, warning that doing otherwise will be a major monumental mistake.

The zoning committee of the party, led by Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom, had recommended to the National Executive Committee (NEC) that the ticket should be thrown open so as to accommodate all aspirants.

However, speaking with Daily Independent, George, who is the Atona Odua of Yorubaland, said the PDP may lose the election if it jettisons zoning as the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) might use it to campaign against it. He said, “It will be a major monumental mistake on the part of the party to throw the ticket open.

The zoning committee only recommended but NEC is yet to meet to take a decision on it. I am now appealing to them to do the right thing.

This zoning and rotation is the political spinal cord of our party, PDP. The founding fathers gave us the best gift and that is this zoning and rotation.

For us in PDP to say we are not doing any zoning and the other party is doing zoning, don’t you think it will become a campaign issue? When the campaign starts, what will we tell Nigerians, both North and South? Are we going to tell them that there is no more zoning?
“In the first place, why did NEC conceptualise the idea of zoning and rotation? It was to remove the perpetual friction on the issue of majority and minority, both North and South, that no part of Nigeria will be shortchanged.

“In the First Republic, during Tafawa Balewa era, the majority had their way while minority were onlookers, both North and South. So, the founding fathers of PDP came together and said let’s divide this place into six geopolitical zones and this took care of majorities and minorities.

“The founding fathers of the PDP decided to end ethnic dominion and came up with the idea of dividing Nigeria into six geopolitical zones – North-Central, North- East, North-West, South-East, South-South and South-West.

The leaders, thereafter, decided that the six top positions in the government – the President, the Vice President, the Senate President, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and the party’s National Chairman, would be zoned among the six geopolitical zones.

“So, no zone, whether minority or majority, will go home empty handed. They also agreed that after eight years, all positions in the South will go to the North and all the positions in the North will come to the South.

“All these positions are zoned because of the necessity of national belonging and accommodation. Every section of this nation must have a sense of equitable participation in our national life. This has been the enduring pivot of our democratic experience since 1999.

“That guaranteed oneness, unity, and it removes intertribal friction alongside majority and minority conflict. So, trying to imbibe this sense of unity through zoning is good for this country. That our party will be silent on the issue of zoning is the greatest time bomb.

It is important that there must be a definitive statement by the party. To be silent will create anger in the city and will further exacerbate the division along tribal lines”.
https://independent.ng/throwing-presidential-ticket-open-will-be-mistake-for-pdp-bode-george/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by Cyynthia(f): 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2022
PDP should give the ticket to a southerner that is accepted by all southerners,someone that is admired by majority of southerners..

Ie: Someone that can win SE, SS and SW.. Then the northern PDP bigwigs should work harder in their nothern region to ensure that PDP gets at least 45 percent of total nothern votes..

35 Likes 400 Shares

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by Jostoman: 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2022
PDP should just give us a credible Candidate that can rescue and unite Nigerians we are tired of this wicked and evil party called APC.

13 Likes

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by Felimax(m): 5:59pm On Apr 20, 2022
In fact, bring back PDP!
Thank you very much Sir George.
When you see a party that has structure not like those ones that promised heaven on Earth yet has successfully taken the entire country 16 years backwards.

APC beyond 2023! Olorun ma je!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by dheilaw1(m): 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
Whichever way, pdp would lose the 2023 election before 4pm

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by duro4chang(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
Too late.
Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by sapele914(m): 6:35pm On Apr 20, 2022
Jostoman:
PDP should just give us a credible Candidate that can rescue Nigerians we are tired of this wicked and evil party called APC.
I am sorry for you.

Bala Mohammed, Atiku or Tambuwal?

8 Likes

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by sapele914(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2022
Felimax:
In fact, bring back PDP!
Thank you very much Sir George.
When you see a party that has structure not like those ones that promised heaven on Earth yet has successfully taken the entire country 16 years backwards.

APC beyond 2023! Olorun ma je!
Almijirin, you & those your lazy brothers in Kebbi State, that cannot mention a thing your Governor or state did for you towards poverty alleviation?

Nonsense be waiting for the President in Abuja to come & arrange your miserable existence.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by Felimax(m): 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
sapele914:
Almijirin, you & those your lazy brothers in Kebbi State, that cannot mention a thing your Governor or state did for you towards poverty alleviation?

Nonsense be waiting for the President in Abuja to come & arrange your miserable existence.

Like seriously! Are you such a dummy? Anyways, rest.

I am a full blown Delta guy from head to toe. A Pathfinder, Wafarian to the core and by God's grace pushing my brainchild in two major cities concurrently.
I am not there yet but I will soon.

Thanks for the compliment though!

Who don sabi pass you don sabi pass you, once dem mention APC all the zombies go dey answer their names.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by Penguin2: 7:38pm On Apr 20, 2022
Peter Obi2023 is a done deal

Tinubu urchins should get ready to hang Obi’s pictures on their walls from May 29th, 2023.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by KillerCrocodile: 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
Independent Nairaland Electoral Commission

2023 Presidential Elections :

Like for Atiku

Share for Tinubu

Quote me and tell us your preferred Candidate if he is not on the ballot box above.....

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2022
PDP in Nigeria again?!

A party of looters and criminals that couldn't construct their national headquarters for 16 years want to build a country!
Awon werey 100%.

Perennial losers and thieves.
Party of confusion, looting and corrupt souls in disarray..

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth........

PDP in Nigeria again?!
God forbid bad thing
we rather vote for FRESH Party!!

We Rise.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by adelekeolu(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2022
ABAT 2023 NONI

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by nkemoma(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2022
Divide the Zoo into 6

To your tents oh Israel!
Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by Winning123: 8:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
We know how you folks like the PDP regime as you like sharing money

Felimax:

Like seriously! Are you such a dummy? Anyways, rest.

I am a full blown Delta guy from head to toe. A Pathfinder, Wafarian to the core and by God's grace pushing my brainchild in two major cities concurrently.
I am not there yet but I will soon.

Thanks for the compliment though!

Who don sabi pass you don sabi pass you, once dem mention APC all the zombies go dey answer their names.

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
Winning123:
We know how you folks like the PDP regime as you like sharing money
Don't mind the Party of Looters and criminals.

Btw,
Let's learn to ask ourselves some questions.
1. Why were pensioners of Nitel weren't paid in 16 years of pdp ?
2. Why couldn't the pdp complete the Lagos/ibadan dualisation in 16 years
3. Why couldn't the pdp complete Lagos/Abeokuta expressway in 16 years?
4. Why did the pdp only left power generation at 3000 MW of electricity in 16 years?
5. Why couldn't the pdp start and complete the Lagos/ ibadan railway project in 16 years?
6. Why couldn't the pdp finish the Lagos airport project in 16 years?
7. Why couldn't the pdp complete the PH International Airport in 16 years?
8 why couldn't the pdp complete their National secretariat despite having almost three times the the construction cost.
9. Why did Dasuki single handedly had $2.8 billion for arms purchases ?
10. Why was $4million found in Pastor Oritsajefor's jet?
11. How on earth could Deziani get so much wealth and properties under GEJ ?
12. Why was Bishop Oyedepo granted free parking for 2 or more jets under GEJ but he's now forced to sell some because he's now paying correct parking fees?
13. Why was oil bloc renewal was automatic under pdp but is not under apc?
14. Why should we have 12 cars in a house under pdp and some have sold off most now under apc ( reason being that we are wasteful as a nation hence PMB is mopping up free money and the rich are also crying)
15. Why is visiting Aso Rock under GEJ could fetch visitors $10,000 but under PMB fetches nothing
16. Why do politicians get import waivers from customs but now such waivers are no longer available (reason why the Senate had issues with the Custom Controller General at the inception of the administration)
17. Why does the FG under pdp sponsored pilgrims to holy land but the same is no longer applicable under apc ( knowing full well that pilgrimage is not a business of the FG)
Dear readers, I am not saying PMB is perfect however he is bringing Nigeria back to sanity and moving us from living above our means.
No nation can grow by looting the treasury but by getting up and be involved in the real sector of the economy. The era of free money is gone now is the era of innovative entrepreneurship.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by Ajimusty2: 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
Cyynthia:
PDP should give the ticket to a southerner that is accepted by all southerners,someone that is admired by majority of southerners..

Ie: Someone that can win SE, SS and SW.. Then the northern PDP bigwigs should work harder in their nothern region to ensure that PDP gets at least 45 percent of total nothern votes..

And who could that be please?

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by donprinyo(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
Una no go tire for this news. Atiku should have it again. I love Obi but I need the northern force for election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by DeZoro(m): 8:31pm On Apr 20, 2022
I live in the north and what most of the people here are thinking is quiet different. A northern fulani man never trusted a single southern man. They still want to even choose a southern candidate and force a fulani vice president so that they can manipulate other eliminate him to gain control. PDP no dull 5his time ooo..... The south MUST produce the next president.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by DeZoro(m): 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2022
donprinyo:
Una no go tire for this news. Atiku should have it again. I love Obi but I need the northern force for election.

I now knew that you sold your brain when you were hungry for just N1,000 during thr 2019 election in Kano. You better go and beg your ancestors. Idi'ot
Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by Realist12: 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
Bode George sounded reasonable today .
Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by seunayantokun(m): 8:41pm On Apr 20, 2022
If you throw it open, you sink.
Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by donprinyo(m): 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
DeZoro:

I now knew that you sold your brain when you were hungry for just N1,000 during thr 2019 election in Kano. You better go and beg your ancestors. Idi'ot
Childish talk Mr. U r simply very a bad loser.

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by SeunNotOwner: 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2022
Cyynthia:

PDP bigwigs should work harder to convince who.... While APC bigwigs is trying to do the same
Re: Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake by NobleAngell(f): 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
Yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Off-Season Polls: Electronic Collation Illegal, Says INEC / Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History / Igbo Governors, I Am Ashamed Of You People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.