Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants (13800 Views)

2023: There Is Serious Corruption Going On In Labour Party - Abayomi Arabambi / 2023: Only South-West, South-East Disagreement Can Keep Power In North – Ahamba / You Said Jonathan Was Weak, But You Are Weaker – Buhari’s Former Lawyer, Ahamba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by ArewaNorth: 11:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
2023: There’s no such office as Igbo presidency – Ahamba to Southeast aspirants

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and governorship aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2015 general elections, Mike Ahamba has cautioned presidential aspirants from the Southeast geopolitical zone not to sit in their parlours and think the presidency will be brought to them on a silver platter.

The lawyer also kicked against the misconception of the term ‘Igbo presidency, saying it is nonsense for any Igbo man to sit in his comfort zone and expect that the presidency will be brought to his table in 2023.

Ahamba who spoke in Owerri, Imo State, at a book presentation said there is no office in Nigeria called Igbo presidency.

” There is no office provided for Igbo man to be president. We are talking of the presidency of Nigeria by a man of Igbo extraction.

These are two different things, I have always advocated that every ethnic group, including the Igbos, have every right to canvass for the president of Nigeria but if any person thinks he can sit in his parlour and the presidency of Nigeria will be brought to him, that’s it’s nonsense.”

“On several occasions, I have also said that the constitution was not made by people who expected that it could be amended at any point but in that same constitution there are ways and means pointing at amending it.

The Nigerian constitution provides for ways and means how we can do it only that we are just lazy.

“The National Assembly is a more powerful body in this country and it has powers to make laws, put in place order and good government and inside this expression lots of things are contained. So don’t tell me you can’t amend the constitution because there are no provisions for it, there are.

“Here in Nigeria we are living in bricks, people will sit up and in their armchairs say the powers of the president are too much. The president is given too many powers in the constitution, it is not true, the power is in the National Assembly but because of political and ethnic bias, they don’t want to do their job and that’s the truth of the matter.

“If Mr. President gets it wrong, the constitution has said how he can be curtailed but when it gets to the house political party interest and ethnic interests will come in, that is what I’m trying to point out. It’s not the president.

“There is nothing I know the president of Nigeria does without the approval of the National Assembly and if they do not approve what happens? he keeps quiet. I remember at a point when they wanted somebody to be sacked from office, they refused to approve his appointment. I mean the former EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu. National Assembly felt so powerless and it was an impeachable act by the president which is what I’m talking about.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/20/2023-theres-no-such-office-as-igbo-presidency-ahamba-to-southeast-aspirants/

27 Likes

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by LeoDeKing: 12:04am On Apr 21, 2022
The lawyer also kicked against the misconception of the term ‘Igbo presidency, saying it is nonsense for any Igbo man to sit in his comfort zone and expect that the presidency will be brought to his table in 2023.
Trouble dey sleep, yanga go wake am.

Mike Ahamba just presented his case file to be dissected.

He will soon be shred to pieces and be fed to vultures. grin

531 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by Aboks(m): 12:05am On Apr 21, 2022
Will you keep quiet
Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by LeoDeKing: 12:13am On Apr 21, 2022
Emeka was arguing with me yesterday that this is the time for igbo presidency. Infact, he was quoting the constitution to substantiate his claim.

I told him to stop quoting congo constitution in Nigeria politics.

Few moments later, Emeka started quoting what lamidi kwanu told him during one of their ummuna meetings in Alaigbo. grin

543 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 21, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Emeka was arguing with me yesterday that this is the time for igbo presidency. Infact, he was quoting the constitution to substantiate his claim.

Few moments later, Emeka started quoting what lamidi kwanu told him during one of their ummuna meetings in Alaigbo. grin

Either Emeka is a fool or ignorant to argue with a lunatic. A real Igbo man never argues with a raging Lunatic. Therefore, this your talk is a figment of your always deluded imagination.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by FoolaniHellman: 2:53am On Apr 21, 2022
Amunaotutheory:

Either Emeka is a fool or ignorant to argue with a lunatic. A real Igbo man never argues with a raging Lunatic. Therefore, this your talk is a figment of your always deluded imagination.

You proved yourself to be a fool by coming to his Mention first!

97 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by adekanmbi1986(m): 2:56am On Apr 21, 2022
Ok

2 Likes

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 21, 2022
FoolaniHellman:

You are a lower animal if you don’t know what argument is.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by inoki247: 3:16am On Apr 21, 2022
Dey aff turn Presidential ticket to Bet9jja ticket that you can just sit in your house nd book dem no wan du any work...

Even as we all know say Wike is going no where e don dey go around dey consult buh dere own candidates still dey du sit at home....

The other day one of there aspirants was doing consultation tru Zoom mak e stay dere dem go vote him from zoom...

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by Mooh247: 4:09am On Apr 21, 2022
cool

If APC gives Ngige their Presidential ticket and PDP gives Peter Peter Obi their ticket.... Nigerians would vote Sowore of AAC as their President, or Kwankwaso of NCP

Imagine people whose campaign slogans are;

*Vote for Ibo or we scatter the country
*Biafra or Death
*In saner climes Nigerian would vote for only Peter Peter Obi but Nigeria is a Zoo
*Fulani cows, Yoruba Muslim Miscreants, must vote for us
*Only Ibo man can fix this shiithole
*We are Jibril elsudan's annoited, consensus candidate

530 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by maiiilooo(m): 4:57am On Apr 21, 2022
Ok
Apart from bad leadership, one major problem of this country is Diversity..
Omo e cheat us ..but only God knows why it's like that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by Akerele44(m): 5:00am On Apr 21, 2022
Leave them ooo...let's them keep on shouting give us Igbo presidency as if it's there father inheritance or chieftaincy tittle

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by BrownRoofRep: 5:00am On Apr 21, 2022
But the same was done to Yoruba in 1999, in a party super-headed by an Igbo man?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by Nobody: 5:03am On Apr 21, 2022
End time things

1 Like

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by victorazy(m): 5:03am On Apr 21, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:04am On Apr 21, 2022
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

We have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at our Igbo tribe. We have deliberately kept mum on this as we had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2023 elections, Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one and a half tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

We've learnt not to bother ourselves anymore to avoid unnecessary mentions from nonentities.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 

LeoDeKing:

Hehehehe grin cheesy wink cheesy wink.
Your guy Emekuskus must surely be a comedian,
IPOB terrorist organization in-house comedian!
We are sure he must be the one telling his fellow cannibals in the forest (on that their evil video they recorded) while eating Human flesh with egusi/Oha vs Fufu and human flesh that " na human being shoulders dey sweet pass!!! undecided
Pukes!
Dem ipob animals dem.
Unfortunate swines.

God bless all sane, honest and hardworking Emekas out there.
Like our darling Emeka Okocha, our darling bobo.
Bobo like no other.
Amadioha punish all sponsors and supporters of terrorists in our darling nation.

adecz:

⏩⏩Igbos Igbos do not know how to play
National politics and as such can
never smell the presidency even
in the next 40 years.

⏩They should concentrate on trading
and business which is their God given
talent.

The whole of Igbo land is even less
than the size of Kaduna, Adamawa or
Kwara state.

Lastly, them never even get Biafra,
yet they are already killing themselves
every Monday and attacking federal
government agencies and yet want to
be president❗️❗️

E no go happen❗️❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️
Hmmmmm, this is deep!

QuotaSystem:

Even after burning all political bridges and destroying all your political goodwill? Impossible and unreasonable. Absurdity of the highest order.

Even if Presidency by “gentleman’s agreement” were remotely possible; S/east are not deserving of it from the other Nigerians you attacked, maligned and peddled hate speech against for the past 7 years.

You want to be voted to be the head keeper of the “zoo” while trying to destroy the same “zoo” and you’re expecting votes from which animals? Stop kidding and ridiculing yourselves abeg.

Go out there and lobby/consult/compete or no 2023 presidency for the SE. Take that to the bank.
Words of a wise man.
It is always good and refreshing to see we still have reasonable and sensible members like you on this forum.
God bless your parents for giving us a King like you.

We Rise.

31 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by Paretomaster1(m): 5:04am On Apr 21, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

If APC gives Ngige their Presidential ticket and PDP gives Peter Peter Obi their ticket.... Nigerians would vote Sowore of AAC as their President, or Kwankwaso of NCP

*Biafra or Death
*In saner climes Nigerian would vote for only Peter Peter Obi but Nigeria is a Zoo

True talk, that's why no right thinking party will hand it's ticket to any Mkpurumiri addict.

They know they already burn all political bridges, so they think the only way is to force political parties to zone it's ticket to them, and they are doing it arrogantly..

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by Emu4life(m): 5:05am On Apr 21, 2022
Let them keep deceiving one another and continue with the emotional Politics. E go soon clear for their eyes.

11 Likes

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by TheCOAS: 5:06am On Apr 21, 2022
I don't know what is going on with Igbo people, Peter Obi just refuse to make necessary strategy of wooing and consulting with other regions.
Ok, Maybe because Igbo is next president of ZOO and not Nigeria Sha.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by livebyday(m): 5:08am On Apr 21, 2022
This is absurd. Same way we allowed other geopolitical zones to ascend based on the perceived gentle men's agreement of rotation let us allow the southeast have their turn. It only makes sense, anyone arguing the fact is just being unreasonable . I see majority of opponents to this turn of the southeast are form the southwest and I wonder why.

I could also argue that GEJ my brother didn't complete two trims so he has a right to contest but even we know it's rightfully the turn of the southeast hence why you arent hearing us really pushing .

It is just down right despicable to argue the fact . You agree to rotation and shouted to high heavens when it suites you but suddenly when it's another geopolitical zone you stand against it? Hmmm remember posterity never forgets .

Nuff said

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:10am On Apr 21, 2022
FoolaniHellman:

Una wicked for this forum ooo, person wey dey cry, you come give am rope to hang himself. grin

Amunaotutheory right now... cry cry

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:11am On Apr 21, 2022
sad

2 Likes

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by RaptObserver: 5:13am On Apr 21, 2022
The term "Igbo presidency" is sectional and lacks appeal. Igbos are "everywhere" they should use their numbers to vote their own and also build bridges across religious and ethnic divides. Presidency should be nationalistic in nature. Even Tinubu has become a national politician over time.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by greymiles: 5:13am On Apr 21, 2022
Traitor shut up
Tinubu should leave presidency for us or we breakup

2 Likes

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by Sirsunola(m): 5:14am On Apr 21, 2022
You people like fight! It’s just 5:15am ..

2 Likes

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:14am On Apr 21, 2022
A Stone from SW.

A leaf from SS.

A piece of shiit from North ...

Would beat Peter Obi... Ngige in Elections. Any day. Any time.

1966 got them 100 years of political exile. Nnamdi Kanu gave them 100 years extension.

We wouldn't give them Independence till year 5050

Mooh247:
cool

*Biafra or Death

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by Mooh247: 5:17am On Apr 21, 2022
KingOfAllIgbos:
A Stone from SW.

A leaf from SS.

A piece of shiit from North ...

Would beat Peter Obi... Ngige in Elections. Any day. Any time.

1966 got them 100 years of political exile. Nnamdi Kanu gave them 100 years extension.

We wouldn't give them Independence till year 5050

Easy Comrade grin

457 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by QuotaSystem: 5:20am On Apr 21, 2022
livebyday:
This is absurd. Same way we allowed other geopolitical zones to ascend based on the perceived gentle men's agreement of rotation let us allow the southeast have their turn. It only makes sense, anyone arguing the fact is just being unreasonable . I see majority of opponents to this turn of the southeast are form the southwest and I wonder why.

I could also argue that GEJ my brother didn't complete two trims so he has a right to contest but even we know it's rightfully the turn of the southeast hence why you arent hearing us really pushing .

It is just down right despicable to argue the fact . You agree to rotation and shouted to high heavens when it suites you but suddenly when it's another geopolitical zone you stand against it? Hmmm remember posterity never forgets .

Nuff said

Even after burning all political bridges and destroying all your political goodwill? Impossible and unreasonable. Absurdity of the highest order.

Even if Presidency by “gentleman’s agreement” were remotely possible; S/east are not deserving of it from the other Nigerians you attacked, maligned and peddled hate speech against for the past 7 years.

You want to be voted to be the head keeper of the “zoo” while trying to destroy the same “zoo” and you’re expecting votes from which animals? Stop kidding and ridiculing yourselves abeg.

Go out there and lobby/consult/compete or no 2023 presidency for the SE. Take that to the bank.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by foryourmindlol: 5:23am On Apr 21, 2022
A very good thread for zombies to masturbate on.

With the way they carry the presidency of their shithole you will think it means the region that produces president, everyone in that region will become millionaires overnight. A role that is as useless as SUG president of UNIOSUN. Even Buhari your current president, bandits have pursued him from his state. Osunbande the mere Commissioner who is VP, his ogun stage is the den of ritualists and skull miners.

Please don't give Igbos presidency in 2023. Na beg I dey beg. Let the few Igbos who believed in One Nigeria nonsense see what we're telling them.

Give it to Tinubu or Atiku. The suffer una dey suffer now go be like paradise to what you will see from 2023.

Ndi ala Ndi zoo wink cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:23am On Apr 21, 2022
If there are 3 cars in an household with 2 adults and a baby....

Will you allow all 3 to drive at once ?

No! You make sure the baby grows up, goes to driving school and matures.

Until then, he can cry and curse and rant but remains in the back seat.

You flog him from time to time if he oversteps his boundaries.
grin grin

livebyday:

Nuff said

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: There’s No Such Office As Igbo Presidency – Ahamba To SE Aspirants by obembet(f): 5:25am On Apr 21, 2022
Someone said all the aspirant from other regions show stepdown for Igbos. grin

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Is Fela Durotoye, SA National Values And Social Justice? / Military Rule VS Civilian Rule / "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.