Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! (26760 Views)

How Do Nigerian Bailiffs Evict Stubborn Tenants After Court Judgment / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Wazobia2216: 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Please I needed help to evict a stubborn tenant. After I left the country and handed over my property to a lawyer, a tenant has refused paying his rent for almost two years without reason. The matter has been in court for almost two years without success. The court keeps adjourning the case. The tenant refusal to pay the rent has pushed other tenant to start owing too. Please kindly suggest the best way out of this situation.
Location of property: Abuja.
I have a feeling that there's more to this

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Focusmind: 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
If you are ready to bear the cost of replacement, remove the roof and the cable wire that was used in connecting light to the compound.

If you have pumping machine that pumps water for the tenants, remove it. Let your Engineer mobilize fictitious men to the place in the name of carrying out renovation. A Landlord did in my area and it worked. Nigerians are simply too difficult.

28 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Padipadi: 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
This is serious.
And person no go wan take law into the hands.
Do the person juju
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Ewedegubbler: 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
go remove the roof during rainy season

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by LordIsaac(m): 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
You used a quack lawyer ab initio. The tenancy agreement ought to contain a clause that could empower you to repossess your property without notice beyond a week if he defaults. Sue the lawyer.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by IgweBUIKE1(m): 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
But wait is everything okay in the house ...like the basic amenities,like water and light...if so ..remove the roof

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Nikkganc08(m): 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
Its ur house.

Claim that u want to do renovation IMMEDIATELY.

Remove d roof of d house then leave it that way.

Arrest anyone that tries to fix it

If u like more drama, dig a LARGE swimming pool in front of his door

Just one large enough to cover his door and can't be jumped.

Tile it.

Then start disposing all ur dirty kitchen sink water there.

He's only option will be to leave d compound but he'll definitely stubbornly lock d flat Inorder to punish u @ the landlord.

What will u do next?

Get a bricklayer, then completely seal his door with blocks (with his property inside)

Inform d local vigilante about it.

If he ever breaks ur property, call the vigilante boys cos he can't spoil ur property anyhow.

And if he needs his property, he must pay d 2 years rent

Finally, serve him a letter to come take his property within 1 month else, if he doesn't it'd be assumed hr has nothing left there because u guys don't have any active tenancy agreement.

He's not ur tenant
He's on his own

He can't come to claim his property because its sealed.
And he won't b able to pay d 2 years rent

If he goes violent, d vigilante will cure d madness.

If he comes as a thief to harass u, get him burnt instantly.

DON'T engage in any discussion or exchange of words with him.

DON'T fight with him.

DON'T honor any court invitation again. This is Nigeria, nothing will happen.

Nigeria is hard already.
If anyone tries to act like a mad man, serve d person doses of madness.

The WORST form of war is 'silent war'

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Iriruaga100(m): 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Please I needed help to evict a stubborn tenant. After I left the country and handed over my property to a lawyer, a tenant has refused paying his rent for almost two years without reason. The matter has been in court for almost two years without success. The court keeps adjourning the case. The tenant refusal to pay the rent has pushed other tenant to start owing too. Please kindly suggest the best way out of this situation.

Sir, go remove the roof from the house if you can or remove the doors and windows. Tell them you’re renovating the house.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by xtervaganza(m): 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Parachoko:
You go gentle o sad

Dem no born the tenant well for my house

Nigeria court is a joke

I will kick him out of my house even while the court case is going on

This is Nigeria man

No be UK or US.
lol you go tey for prison u go blame yourself
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by tundeteecool(m): 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Even if the tenant neglects the notices and remains on the property upon expiration of the eviction notices, you still must commence a formal eviction by Order of Court. The Nigerian law frowns at taking extra-judicial actions or steps to evict a tenant from a property.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by ndukwejoe(m): 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
every twelve midnight wear white gown carry a calabash pot with smoldering charcoal walk round the compound for somedays, make sure those yeye tenants see you. by the next week they will run out of the compound, thank me later grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Gunboy: 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
I have a strong lawyer that can remove that tenant immediately Call me 0802 964 7959

4 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Danybest: 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
The best way to evaluate the useless tenant is to remove the zinc of his apartment let rain spoil his property's tell him you want to renovate the place na so port harcourt landlords they handle any stubborn tenants

8 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by boldsleek: 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Tell him you want to renovate your house and he should look for a place to move temporarily.

he will definitely refuse, then, on a good day, when he least expects it, carry carpenter to go pull the roof of the house out.

that way, he will be forced to pack out, and other tenants will behave.

Some people deserve ment

8 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by cooltola(m): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
Send soldiers- you go settle them well, they will take care of business

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by akinlolumichael(m): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
While the case is still in court, it doesn't stop you from renovating your house. Just find some money and drop sand in front of his apartment, then tell your lawyer to tell him you want to renovate the house...

4 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by FutureFocus: 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
Engage debt recovery people also, as they are evicting him , the debt recovery team will also move in to seize his things, better if he own a car, they will impound his properties to recover part of the rent at the end of the case, let him relax and think he’s enjoying free accommodation

6 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by bmdmix11: 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
did u increase ur rent @ any point? N how many times did u do it or whats d increment amount

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by excanny: 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

Have you given quit notice? If yes, you can remove the roof and tell them the house is going for renovation.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by JuanDeDios: 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
layycon:
Wjatever you do, never involve your lawyer or the police. This is what your tenant is expecting you to do. He will buy a a lot of time with this and you will spend a lot of money.

You should do what my friend's mum did. Carry sacrifice made with rat head, yam and palm oil and put it in front of his doorstep. After three days, put head of snake and head of monkey at the doorstep. You can buy head of snake and monkey at those traditional herbs sellers at a very cheap price. All this will cost you less than 10k

Thats all! Nobody go teach am to commot in 2 weeks.
El oh el
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by PointZerom: 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

Make the place uncomfortable for him, cut light, water. Tell him that you're renovating the house. Bring a tipper of grandnite, use the granite and block his entrance. Any day he steps out, get a welder and seal the apartment expecially if there's balcony rails.

4 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by rickleye: 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

2 years and we wonder why the country is in the bad way and in addition no reason.
How does the dude sleep at night ? Wow.
Dude, Pardon my french but damn !!! Unless the court is going to deduct the rent at source from his salary.
Pay and get the police to evict the dude. Like yesterday. Unless he pays arrears , plus cost you paid to police.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by kingthreat(m): 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
I have a strategy, but it will cost you. Your lawyer is lenient
Go there by yourself tell him, you are renovating the house for a new tenant and renovation work start in the next week.
On the next week, get work boys to remove the windows and doors on the first day. On the next 2 days, come with a whole crew. Carry cement and all. Every landlord has a right to renovate their property.

18 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by ipobarecriminals: 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
sad
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by jaysoft: 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
He dare not try that with my no nonsense father..

5 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by tonididdy(m): 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed

Sometimes court matter can slow...

But we nor actually no the truth...

Because there are three sides to a story
1) the complaint version
2) the accused
3) the true story
Because person nor go fit just get mind like that they stress you untop your own house
Oga first be landlord then you go understand the OP situation.
So what you are insinuating is maybe the landlord has a hidden relationship with the tenant?
You have no idea about some useless tenants who take advantage of a soft landlord.

@OP there will be damage to the building for this my idea but he will run with his two legs when you start.
Hire a carpenter to remove the doors and windows. Tell the tenants you want to renovate the building.
Possibly mould blocks and place in front of his doors.
If e nor advice esef, e wife go advice am angry

5 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by DLSReigns: 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
Shebi its your house, just remove the roof. Thank God its raining season

7 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
Deroofing the house is the only way now, your lawyer no try for you. He should have told each tenant to state if they're renewing three months before rent expiry, if not they should take the remaining three months as grace to pack out. You have to "renovate" now

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by ceede2: 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
Since the tenant refuse to pack out, then extend the eviction to all tenant that the house is under renovation, if they refuse call carpenter to remove the roofing. Discount all the connectable.

Rain will do the justice, but let your lawyer write 'em.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
no be only you carry de matter come the problem don already land in my area before na las las i lock the room she go look for another house na that time she come park her load slowly without any sakara

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by azpekuliar: 5:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

I can’t help but ask. What tribe are those tenants? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by danigbo(m): 5:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Give all tenants notice that you want to renovte your house.Start the job by removing his doors and windows and that of another innocent tenant.You will see him pay you or leave your premises.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Builds House For Old Poor Childless Widow In Oraifite, Imo (Pics) / Common Building Defects In Nigeria | Vis Ideal Concept / Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.