Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! (26761 Views)

How Do Nigerian Bailiffs Evict Stubborn Tenants After Court Judgment / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Febcom(m): 12:54am On Apr 22, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Please I needed help to evict a stubborn tenant. After I left the country and handed over my property to a lawyer, a tenant has refused paying his rent for almost two years without reason. The matter has been in court for almost two years without success. The court keeps adjourning the case. The tenant refusal to pay the rent has pushed other tenant to start owing too. Please kindly suggest the best way out of this situation.
Location of property: Abuja.

Contact me: 08165117193 the tenant will leave in less than 7-days through our legal means.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Febcom(m): 12:57am On Apr 22, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Please I needed help to evict a stubborn tenant. After I left the country and handed over my property to a lawyer, a tenant has refused paying his rent for almost two years without reason. The matter has been in court for almost two years without success. The court keeps adjourning the case. The tenant refusal to pay the rent has pushed other tenant to start owing too. Please kindly suggest the best way out of this situation.

At least discuss with me first and get the way, first we are not going to court for legal redress so call or WhatsApp me : 08165117193
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Sabenko: 1:12am On Apr 22, 2022
Disconnect light and water, write a letter notifying u want to change the roof of the house, open roof and dont fix it
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Poleski: 1:13am On Apr 22, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

Cmanforall:

Some tenants can be stubborn

If he's living upstairs, serve him quit notice and highlight you want to renovate your building. Once the date has passed, start by removing the roof above his living room and bedroom

This is the best advice. Pretend to renovate the house. No court can stop you from doing that to your property because it's legal.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Themaths(m): 1:50am On Apr 22, 2022
The same thing we did to a very stubborn tenant, he packed out that day. Don't even serve him quit notice, send a memo that you want to renovate your property, let them give you two weeks off. Wait for the rainy season, start pulling the roof and removing doors.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by victorv12(m): 5:16am On Apr 22, 2022
Go and remove the roof of the house. It's raining season.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Perez50(m): 5:32am On Apr 22, 2022
Tell them say u done sell the house

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by duerap: 6:17am On Apr 22, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

Street or jungle justice is your sure bet! And be smart about it!!!
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by yommygift15: 6:20am On Apr 22, 2022
This is raining season, remove the roof for just a week , he'll run katakata.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by yommygift15: 6:22am On Apr 22, 2022
This is raining season, remove the roof for just a week and claim the storm did it , he'll run katakata.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Brainzz40(m): 8:07am On Apr 22, 2022
Very easy to solve.......remove the roof and remove the gate.....disconnect the light...thank me later
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by MrUchenna1(m): 8:11am On Apr 22, 2022
START RENOVATION

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by frozen70(f): 8:43am On Apr 22, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

Five then quit notice to renovate the said apartment and after the expiration if the said apartment, get a bricklayer to start general renovation work on the walls and a carpenter to remove the bad roofs if any and doors of the entrance apartment

But since you already handed it over to a lawyer, am surprise you are still asking what to do

Alternatively, ask the lawyer what the judge will take to end the case as it seems the other tenant who's case is in the court has been paying to keep prosponing the case and subsequently adjoining it matter till further notice

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by fagart18: 9:21am On Apr 22, 2022
The guy is diabolic. I once have a tenant like that in Ilorin
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Daradared2(f): 10:16am On Apr 22, 2022
remove the roof ASAP
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Opak001(m): 10:16am On Apr 22, 2022
Your are in a country where anything is possible,if you are truly interested in him packing out.
Just go one police station weynear u,reason with dem.
Thank me later.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Solatium(m): 11:10am On Apr 22, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

Baba country hard óò,but that one no mean say make he dey owe for 2yrs without better arrangements on payment.
I suspect your lawyer def na mumu,what happened to clauses in the agreement?

One of the easiest way to get them evicted is to disconnect services connected to the house.
Electricity,water ,and possibly call on a welder to remove the main gate to the House,tell carpenter to remove the roof,and main door,my guy he no go spend reach 2 weeks before he pack comot
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
samnaija:

Sorry to say this sounds like you lawyer and tenant are using your head. Change your lawyer.

Exactly, the lawyer dey chop the rent. My landlord experienced that and he always beg us to pay into his own account.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by officialralph: 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2022
Follow this link to register your case. https://thejusticecourt.com/about/
You can also check similar case on youtube by searching Justice Court. And thank me later.
NijaDueprocess:

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Abfinest007(m): 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
you can write me through my email
there's no need let me write u here.if the material use in roofing d house is not that expensive like steptile roofing sheet or stone coded roofing sheet .take a carpenter there,when no one is around remove like two pieces of d roof .make sure u target where his electronic is or his bedroom .if he ask u say is wind that did it
2)two make sure put someone on ground to monitor him and he doesn't fix d roof he try arrest him n say" he try to damage ur property
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by SaintUlot: 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

Please can you do it for me free I will be very grateful and when fund enter I will surely regard you

Funny you, how would he do that for free? He will spend money to actualize boosting your Instagram page.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by SaintUlot: 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
Everybody saying he should remove the roof, remove this, remove that. All those things are easy to do when you use cheap materials to construct house. The materials are cheap, so they ll be cheap to replace.

A roof done with stone coated aluminium step tiles, with pop ceiling for instance, removing such kind of roof and subsequent replacement and replacement of pop would even be more than the rent that is causing issue, so in such scenario, it ll look like as if the landlord is doing himself. When you use cheap roofing sheet with asbestos ceiling or pvc ceiling , you can easily play such game without thinking it twice.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Voiceofthestree: 5:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
SaintUlot:

Funny you, how would he do that for free? He will spend money to actualize boosting your Instagram page.

One love bruh money go finish when fund come I will sama you 10k or more no be my papa money ooo
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Painedsoul: 1:12am On Jul 28, 2022
Febcom:

Contact me: 08165117193 the tenant will leave in less than 7-days through our legal means.

I have a similar situation in my house in Enugu. Any way you can help?
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by keeper303: 7:29am On Jul 28, 2022
Painedsoul:

I have a similar situation in my house in Enugu. Any way you can help?

Na wa o. All these bad bad tenants them!!
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Painedsoul: 10:01am On Jul 29, 2022
keeper303:

Na wa o. All these bad bad tenants them!!

My brother you go dey sweat dey suffer dey drink garri dey build house. Once you build am finish na that time you go know say una plenty wey own the house. Pay em no go pay, leave em no go leave, rather e go carry the money dey dash police for ur case. Once this tenant comot, that flat go dey empty till thy kingdom come. I no do again
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by silvoclaira: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2023
Prettychild:

What is the court saying? Which of the court is the matter in? How much is the rent? I handled something similar and the tenant has been evicted through a court order

I need help on this one. Its One flat, three shops. Two Notice to quit has been served since July 2021 from the lawyer to all occupying tenants which rent has been overdue. They all continue to refuse to vacate the property. The lawyer have served them ''notice to quit'' twice but they still come up with one excuse to another. What do ome do at this time
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by silvoclaira: 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2023
SocialJustice:
Your lawyer is probably collecting your rent and sabotaging your case. Remove the case from court. Use a neutral person to give everybody in the property quit notice. You can use your relative or close friend. Send them to customary Court to get the notice typed. I issued one last month, N5k. You can use a neutral lawyer too. From there the court will ensure everybody pays rent owed or they leave.

If the problem persists, send me a dm.

I cannot dm cos my gmail is locked. I need your assistance on the said issue
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by SocialJustice: 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2023
silvoclaira:

I cannot dm cos my gmail is locked. I need your assistance on the said issue
How can I assist?
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by silvoclaira: 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2023
SocialJustice:
How can I assist?

Thank you. Tenants due to vacate our rented apartments have refused to vacate the properties, after several notice to quit served to the tenants by a lawyer.

Its been two years now they have not made any rent payment or even vacated the apartment. What do we do next sir?
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by SocialJustice: 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
silvoclaira:

Thank you. Tenants due to vacate our rented apartments have refused to vacate the properties, after several notice to quit served to the tenants by a lawyer.

Its been two years now they have not made any rent payment or even vacated the apartment. What do we do next sir?
Go to customary court and get eviction notice. The court will handle the whole process until they are evicted.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Prettychild(f): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2023
silvoclaira:

I need help on this one. Its One flat, three shops. Two Notice to quit has been served since July 2021 from the lawyer to all occupying tenants which rent has been overdue. They all continue to refuse to vacate the property. The lawyer have served them ''notice to quit'' twice but they still come up with one excuse to another. What do ome do at this time
Where is the property located?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Builds House For Old Poor Childless Widow In Oraifite, Imo (Pics) / Common Building Defects In Nigeria | Vis Ideal Concept / Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.