Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! (26757 Views)

How Do Nigerian Bailiffs Evict Stubborn Tenants After Court Judgment / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Jadachin: 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
I also need help to evict a tenant, his rent was due since December last year, then he promised to move out February, I was okay with it because I also need the apartment for personal use, February reach he didn't pay or pack out, now he said may. My fear is what if he gives another story next month? Can I call him now and record the conversation that he agreed to pack out next month so that if he doesn't pack out I can go and remove the roof.
The tenant is a police officer
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Two years without rent is a sin against God and man! He has overstepped his boundaries. Now , give him an official quit notice of 3 months and state one of your reasons to include that you want to renovate your house for personal use.

After 3 months , bring in construction workers to remove all the roof of the house and there is nothing he can do , legally or otherwise. He can call the police and the case will be judged there . Even the police men go deal with am .

Or you go by rogue way ..... Forget nonsense talk say legal implication this or that , na who get money go hire lawyer for case of 3-5 years . Get Soldiers to go there , beat him up and throw his things out ! He go threaten you quite alright, shout and say things but dare him to go ahead ....

Naturally Nigerians respond to Violence . My inlaw had same exact problem , hers was even 1 year plus, she was so scared of the guy cuz he was a well known criminal and he had threatened her with death and bragging that he knows his rights bla blah ...

We arranged smart sharp soldiers, they got there around 6-7pm at night, the lady knocked while the soldiers hid behind the main house . As soon as he opened , they pounced on him , beat him like a market thief , while some were dealing with the guy, some went in, collected his phone and his wife's phone to prevent any recording or evidence of whatsoever form and made sure his family were all together in the parlour . When the wife saw how her husband was dealt with , she pretended to have fainted .

The man promised to quit the next day, we gave him 3 days to pack . Nobody told the idiot to pack but the mistake we made was that nobody was there to supervise his packing ,so he ended up removing the iron protector of the parlour .....

See ,he responded sharply to violence. Nigerians usually take a peaceful person for granted .

I can get you the guys but you go pay and they will make sure the guy will get no evidence or picture or recording of any form and any tenant that wants to try rubbish as to come record or say shit would get his or her phone smashed and dealt with as well . Merely looking at the drug high soldiers self, nobody go tell them to mind their business.

We are too wicked abeg . Show him little madness now and he go find way ...

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
Jadachin:
I also need help to evict a tenant, his rent was due since December last year, then he promised to move out February, I was okay with it because I also need the apartment for personal use, February reach he didn't pay or pack out, now he said may. My fear is what if he gives another story next month? Can I call him now and record the conversation that he agreed to pack out next month so that if he doesn't pack out I can go and remove the roof.

Write an official quite notice and serve him . State your reasons for the quit notice as follow...1. failure to pay rent 2. Personal use of the house . Give him 3 months cuz he has already exhausted his 6 months free rent for an annual rent in the case of quit notice and then go on to pull the roof of he doesn't pack . He should take you to court.....
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by armyofone(m): 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
Treasure17:

I would have loved to know your type of house. Remove the roofing sheet of his apartment since its raining season. Nobody will tell him to leave.

Removing roof sheets won't spoil the house ?
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Voiceofthestree: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
dan9ice:
Boost your Instagram business page and personal account

Please can you do it for me free I will be very grateful and when fund enter I will surely regard you
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Mom007(f): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed

Sometimes court matter can slow...

But we nor actually know the truth...

Because there are three sides to a story
1) the complaint version
2) the accused
3) the true story
Because person nor go fit just get mind like that they stress you untop your own house
You don't know humans with their wicked hearts. Them do my dad ern...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by DamianX: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
SecretReporter:
Lock the door joor

Lock it and they'll break it
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by k2money(m): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
I don't need to read others comments,
Send me a private message. Tradition will send him not only away from your house but to his village.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by abuzz33: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
The way you handle this kind of tenant is you go to a customary court to claim the arrears of rent plus mesen interest. Those cases take less than a month to conclude and the tenant will run once he is served the notice. If he runs, open a police case on him on theft and pursue it to the end so other tenants will fall in line.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by BarrElChapo(m): 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Please I needed help to evict a stubborn tenant. After I left the country and handed over my property to a lawyer, a tenant has refused paying his rent for almost two years without reason. The matter has been in court for almost two years without success. The court keeps adjourning the case. The tenant refusal to pay the rent has pushed other tenant to start owing too. Please kindly suggest the best way out of this situation.
Location of property: Abuja.

Maybe you should change your lawyer or in the alternative the lawyer may file fresh process to evict the tenant.

If the matter is being usually adj. It may be that it's before a lazy magistrate or the lawyer on the other side is crafty.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Crvrider: 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
Pretend to have sold the house. Get your friend to stand as the new owner so that he serve everyone quit notice...6months max.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by joyousever(f): 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
Kindly remove the roof of the house, he'll be forced to move out.
NijaDueprocess:
Please I needed help to evict a stubborn tenant. After I left the country and handed over my property to a lawyer, a tenant has refused paying his rent for almost two years without reason. The matter has been in court for almost two years without success. The court keeps adjourning the case. The tenant refusal to pay the rent has pushed other tenant to start owing too. Please kindly suggest the best way out of this situation.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Mozenge1: 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
samnaija:

Sorry to say this sounds like you lawyer and tenant are using your head. Change your lawyer.

Because I been won talk something say because say dem no show am Pepe for the first year way e no pay rent na make e do am for another year na.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by creatorsverse(m): 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

OGA sell the house to your son, or nephew, or a close frd. Serve them 3 months quit notice under the new name, if they refuse to vacate, go and pull out the roof.. if they go to court under the new name, they will loose

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by jericco1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Some people get mind oh.
Me that before my rent is due sef, I don dey feel uneasy na him person dey owe 2 years with bragging rights.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Treasure17(m): 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
armyofone:

Removing roof sheets won't spoil the house ?
It might but either way you will archive your aim. Just two raining days are enough.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Henrydata(m): 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nikkganc08:
Its ur house.

Claim that u want to do renovation IMMEDIATELY.

Remove d roof of d house then leave it that way.

Arrest anyone that tries to fix it
Op, follow this advice.

This is what your lawyer ought to have done except there is more to this story.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by meritadavize1(m): 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
Remove the roof
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by miqos02(m): 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
I was advised not to do that because of the legal implication
notify all tenants you want to renovate the building, give them like six months grace after their rent expires. Once the grace period elapse, let workers move in to start removing the roofs, the doors and other vital things in all rooms .
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by okoroemeka(m): 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
Something similar happened in my street in enugu,the tenants living in a two storey apartment block refused to pay their landlord for 5 years the matter was still in Court then the frustrated man sold the house to Oga uche a well known fraudster,gangster and general trouble maker,so one Sunday evening two bus load of thugs with dangerous weapons and Indian hemp the size of baseball bats in their mouths proceeded to knock on every flat,if you open the door they will come into your sitting room and warn you to leave before they come next Sunday, before Friday every body has packed off,there is nothing you can do to Oga uche he has the police and thugs,I pity who remained stubborn in that house,they could have beaten the living daylights out of him before throwing his property outside.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by koning: 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
tonididdy:

Oga first be landlord then you go understand the OP situation.
So what you are insinuating is maybe the landlord has a hidden relationship with the tenant?
You have no idea about some useless tenants who take advantage of a soft landlord.

@OP there will be damage to the building for this my idea but he will run with his two legs when you start.
Hire a carpenter to remove the doors and windows. Tell the tenants you want to renovate the building.
Possibly mould blocks and place in front of his doors.
If e nor advice esef, e wife go advice am angry

You don talk now, e sweet you for mouth. It's not as simple as you think. The landlord will still be required to give the tenant ample time to find another suitable accommodation. Na that "suitable" clause a wicked tenant go take finish landlord. He will always claim that he is still searching and the courts will keep extending the deadline.
If landlord is not careful, tenant will stay another 2 years rent free. Removing doors, windows or roof is the worst thing the landlord will do.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by rahman25: 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

Going to Court was a big mistake. You should have just given him or her the quit notice before his rent expires. then start counting the six month waiting period. After that you start renovating the building. remove the gate, disconnect the light given excuse of Ikedc meter issue. After sometime he will leave by force. Nigerian court is not the best to settle landlord tenant case.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Pirow: 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
Please hold the lawyer you handed over the property to accountable. Maybe it is because you are outside the country. I took my stubborn tenant to Mediation centre and that is all. The Mediation Centre will make to enter into agreement of which if he or she failed they will take action, which will not take time especially since the tenant is not paying .

I am suspecting your lawyer

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Sniper04(m): 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dshocker:

In life,we should be asking questions,before taking action...Doing this alone will grant him 5yrs rent free by the court
Lol and the tenant go get mind stay there, well everyone get different strategies for different things
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by HRSweetness(f): 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
ATEAMS:
We need fantasy to survive because reality is too difficult.

cheesy now, this is hilarious

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by TimiMoore(m): 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
punterzone:
wahala

Hellooo.. believe me your potential clients will be unable to read whatever information you're trying to pass with that green stuff you posted.

As a graphic designer I can tell you that design is unreadable.

You need a good designer? Hire Me
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Rubbiish(m): 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2022
Jadachin:
U already made a mistake!
U should have served him quit notice since December when u knew u had intention to use it for personal use. Please consult a lawyer to guide u on the best approach to take. Promise of mere words are not valid in law, everything should be documented! Consult a lawyer!
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by ailenmen: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
Seek a lawyer advice.but if it's waff town,u go just remove d roof before d rain starts
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Rubbiish(m): 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2022
jericco1:
Some people get mind oh.
Me that before my rent is due sef, I don dey feel uneasy na him person dey owe 2 years with bragging rights.
Honestly!
Some people are something else
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by murmee: 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
lomprico:

Go and remove the roof of the apartment
All of you advising that the landlord should remove roof without knowing the design of the house.

What if it is a block of flats and the stubborn tenant is in the middle floor? Some are saying the landlord should cut water and electricity. What then happens to other tenants in the house that are not owing rent? Are they going to suffer for someone else's offense?

It is about time Nigeria adopts the system of house rentals as is done in advanced countries whereby tenants renew their rents every 6 months or every year.
It goes without saying that if you fail to renew your rent, you will have to pack out. Courts are not involved at all!

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Pickmycall: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Leave everything to God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Builds House For Old Poor Childless Widow In Oraifite, Imo (Pics) / Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House / Common Building Defects In Nigeria | Vis Ideal Concept

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.