Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

The Best Way to Break Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best Way to Break Up? (5981 Views)

The Best Way To Keep Your Girl (picture) / The Best Way To Break-up With Someone You Are Tired Of? / Best Way To Forget About A Girl You Love That Doesnt Care About U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Way to Break Up? by matrix(m): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2005
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO BREAK UP?

You know he/she still likes you, but you are no longer interested because you don't see yourself getting married to him/her. How do you suggest you break the ice? I know it's going to be difficult, but I will tell the person I don't think it can work because I am not ready to put in my best.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by shockreaction(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2005
There's actually no "best" way to break up. Ending a relationship is (should be) painful, for both parties, unfortunately. I'd recommend you do it in person. Meet her, talk to her, explain to her and be nice...
If she starts crying, try to comfort her, but do not go soft and decide to change your mind.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Motee(f): 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2005
For good relationship, is there any best way?
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by legry(m): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2005
BE cheap Be half a man And be tottaly gutless "send a text"
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2005
@shockreaction i totally agree with u man.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by kazey(m): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2005
Maybe if you say the easy way to break up.

Hum this is the way i do it.

I try to avoid the lady for a while, as in seeing each other, and also at the same time maintaining the distance i am creating, and being kind of trying to avoid long conversations on the phone. By saying i got to go, after talking for a while etc.

The next step, after like a week of that, i would just call her for lunch or dinner, and tell her what i feel about the relationship and the reason i want it quits. And that way i have tried to avoid a lot of drama.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by mamba(m): 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2005
THE BEST WAY (confirmed)

STOP HAVING SEX WITH HIM/HER....

He/she will get the message immediately.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by dablessed(f): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2005
@Mamba:

And in a case where sex was never in play?
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by love4ever(f): 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2005
i don't think that there is an actually where to break a relationship but at the first time if you do not want the guy or the girl say no and that ends it. breakone's heart takes alot of time to heal and which is not good for one
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by matrix(m): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2005
love4ever..whats ya point?
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Greatpeter(m): 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2005
Then why did you approach her for first time.
Why breaking her heart? You would have left her jeje.
[I]The meat wey we no dey chop we no smell am, abi?[/I]
You have inflicted an indelible pain on her.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by kazey(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2005
if you do not want the guy or the girl say no and that ends it. breakone's heart takes alot of time to heal and which is not good for one

Lol, this is serious. i guess you havent fall in love yet.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by tayotina(f): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2005
In my opinion, I think the best way is to have a chat with him/her. Explain to him/her why you are no longer interested in the relationship. Even if it is because of someone else, don't give him/her a hint.

Let him/her understand that things would never work out well for you guys so it would be better to quit now than later. Let him/her know he/she still has a friend in you.

But have it at the back of your mind that no matter how careful you are, he/she is still going to hurt deeply. Better still pray hard before approaching him/her.

Break up in such a way that when you see each other tomorrow, you can still park and say hi.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Greatpeter(m): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2005
Hmmmm! Tayo do you think it's so easy like that?
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by tayotina(f): 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2005
Peter there is no easy way to break up with someone you love.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Danasco(m): 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2005
There are several ways of breaking up a relationship. It all depend on how you both can curtail it.

I had a friend who because of religions difference could not marry his girl friend, he loves her soo much. He called her on his birthday, after the party she organised for him was over, he choose the venue, date and time to tell her how much he loves her and how difficult it is for them to get married. she felt bad initially and later come to terms with it and they are leaving by it. He will soon be married to his new girl. she is aware and supporting him to actualise his dream.

So it all depend on individuals. But I advise us to frank with seperation and be steadfast.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by hotangel2(f): 2:30am On Jul 06, 2005
Girls/ladies, did you see that only The guys/men in here are giving the advice. They are so perfect in breaking us girls heart. LOL

The best way to break a relationship is to...hmm..break it With knife. Just pursure him/her with knife, and then they will loose all interest in you, and think you are mad...and bam! the relationship is broken.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Seun(m): 4:38am On Jul 06, 2005
The best advice I've heard in a long time! grin
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by hotangel2(f): 6:28am On Jul 06, 2005
Whoaaa.. Thanks Seun. grin grin
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by matrix(m): 8:20am On Jul 06, 2005
Great peter..na wa 4 u oh. You can start a wonderful relationship and things go sour..na wa u
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Greatpeter(m): 9:01am On Jul 06, 2005
There is no broken relationship that can not be "mended" if there is love.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by pkrix(m): 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2005
@ Danasco; that's a good way but like everybody says, breaking a relationship is hurtful, I agree.

But @ Tayotina. Being friend after the break depends on individuals.

I therefore put, the best way to break a relationship is by stopping to relate with him/her in all respect. In all respect, that is, stop relating with him/her either by pleading for him/her to understand or by whatever. If not, there's no break then. For if you even plead, as you plead, there's still a relationship but when you are off, no more relationship.

So, the best way is by being off. Stop the relationship is the best way.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by tayotina(f): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2005
Pkrix, you think the best way to break up with the one you love is to stop relating with her? Gosh!! you must be very heartless.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by matrix(m): 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2005
pkrix..no doubt u be gangster..but lets figure out a better way..that is less harmful
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by hopy2005(f): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2005
the issue of breaking a relationship depends on one's mind set. I know it's not easy come to think of ur first love,
recently, I just had a friend that is ending a strong relationship with a guy that has proposed to her, due to religion believe in the family, though they claim to be christian, but they are not, so do to that she want to stop it peacefully with the guy before water go pass garri,

another thing tht could cause this kind of heart break is where the parents or the so called family will be dictating for the guy on what to do, many gurls don't condon tht, instead there will be no peace in the home, so the best thing is to end-up the relationship and life continuos

I don't know if I have spoken to some body's mind.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by sade(f): 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2005
To break a relationship is not that easy.It is very easy to start  a relationship but its not that easy to end it.Its just like getting cut with a knife,the pain last for a while but what will always remind you is the scar the wound left behind and each time you see the scar,you'll remember the knife.So if you want to break a relationship..please think twice and take caution,because the most precious part of our body is our heart..it works day and night and I can't imagine someone breaking it.
  As a lady if I want to break a relationship,I might tell the guy in question or I frustrate the relationship and he will get tired of me..I'll break all my communication with him,I might even bar his mails getting into my box.I may not pick his call and if he hide his number and I unfortunately pick it I'll tell him I'm busy at the moment that I'll call him back which I wont ofcourse.He will be frustrated and I hope he will get the message because actions speak louder than voice.
I'm sorry if I sound too blunt but if a guy has made up his mind to break up with a lady,he does not always care how her feelings will be.
  I've had the experience before...if I call him he will tell me he is on the high way driving and he's going to call me back which he wont.This happened for weeks then to months and I got the message.I jejenly left without been told and funny enough he never called since then...so guys can be funny at times,though it was painful but I got over it with time and since then I too found it very easy to end a relationship especially when I've already made up my mind
  Avoiding the person is the best and with time he/she will get the message.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by matrix(m): 8:20am On Jul 21, 2005
just let it goo....let it go....its not urs...ease the pain off slowly
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by gina34(f): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2005
matrix, easier said than done.

As for you mamba,sex is not all that matters in a relationship, i have a boy friend who does'nt bother me for sex. ok, and we have been dating for 2yrs plus. cos he know what he has you know what i mean cheesy.so yuo are wrong.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Pinky(f): 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2005
mamba is not wrong at all.. if the girl & guy re in a relationship involving sex, once the guy/girl stops wanting to have sex, it shows he/she is trying to brk the relationship
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by gina34(f): 11:04am On Aug 08, 2005
well pinky, in that case you are right.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by snazzydawn(f): 8:07am On Dec 16, 2005
Hmmmm,the best way to break up with a guy?Look him in the eye,tell him,--------,I have been thinking(pause...you will get his attention)about us.....(ahhh,you have his attention fully)....and I decided that I want this relationship to end.I don't want to lead you on when I don't want you again.If its because of someone else that you are leaving,say so,because men are so heartless when they want to break your heart.I don't pity men when it comes to things like this.If I don't like you again,I will tell you to your face and tell you why I am doing it.If you like,jump into the lagoon.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by tiwa(f): 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2005
Baby snazzydawn, u must be very good at doing this ain't ya? Anyway i guess you are right men are not to be taken into much consideation when it comes to ending a relationship 'cos they can be so heartless.
And i can feel right in ma heart that many pple have bn heart broken so they are talking from experience. But then it is not easy to be heart broken i have seen so many instances..... and it was not easy to forget. Especially if something soooooooooooooooooo intimate don happen u know what i mean.... It is a very bad experience to forget. More so, some girls find it so difficult to forget the guy even though something intimate did not happen
I wish everyone luck in making the decision.....but plz don't do things that u wouldn't take to others u get me...'coz if u do it to someone, others will surely do it to u.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay / How Would You React If You Are In A Bus With Someone Reading A Book Like This... / If You Can Relate To These 15 Pictures,go And Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.