Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,168 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? (67123 Views)

Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by hollywater: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
Malory:
Calabar is far more beautiful than Owerri. I schooled in Owerri and later served in Calabar so I know what I'm talking about
So nobody remember PH?
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by onuman: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
nams77:
Thanks op for been unbiased. Owerri is my state capital and I can say it is a very beautiful city.
I dream of the day I can go and relax for days and just wander around the city

Relax in Owerri?
Human and vehicle traffic in Owerri can make one crazy.
Nearly half of the population of Imo state now live in Owerri, no thanks to governors from one senatorial District who are like they swore under oath that they will not live to see modern urban planning and development in their Orlu side of Imo state.

7 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Rickylambert: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
Home94:
I always maintain that apart from Lagos and Maybe Abuja Owerri is the most beautiful city in Nigeria
Sentiment aside ,I have been to Portharcourt,Awka,Asaba,I must tell you no city comes close to Owerri
The measurable Development of Owerri suppass that of Lagos and Abuja only comparable on Lekki/Aja Axis of Lagos
If you go round to Owerri,men are building structures and of high class
And night life in owerri is surreal .
And the most important thing is that the city is really getting big and expanding beyond the Four local government of the city.
No trolling here ,Concord bullivard of Owerri is comparable to any Western city serenity ,so beautiful you might think you are in Yankee
Those comparing Enugu and Portharcourt with Owerri don't actually understand what is beauty
My brother Calabar is static in development and night life there is very poor.
The Op is talking about beauty Not night life.Owerri get that one pass
But u wan compare Owerri and Enugu?
Guy rest.From Okigwe road through control to world Bank,From Onitsha Road through Control to Ph road.Were is Owerri Again that you want to compare with structure and serenity in Enugu?

9 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Jarus(m): 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
Uyo is not necessarily beautiful but a very neat and green city.

9 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ruggedtimi(m): 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
MAGG0T:
[s][/s]

You have to visit owerri again
guy Owerri no get road na....that Concorde hotel area na you dey use brag or wetin...omo I ball for Owerri every single major area for Owerri I enter , nothing come out. How many restaurants dey Owerri?..just one major mall, Everyday shop is just a supermarket.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ruggedtimi(m): 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
ufotty2001:
I have stayed in Port Harcourt for 20yrs. Please where in Port Harcourt is beautiful?? List the areas let me know.. am waiting for ur reply
compared to Owerri, Stadium road, GRA, Aba road down to govt house, Ada George, Trans Amadi...LNG road/eastern bypass, Old GRA, Rumubekwe, Eneka/eliozu link road area...even old port Harcourt town which is borokiri/aggrey road areas is more organized than the major areas in Owerri...

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Levinas: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
4ckyou:

ogbeni have been to both states, Owerri is better

Oga which Owerri are u people talking about. The one I know very well or another. Wait make heavy rain and flood hold u for Owerri then u go know what's up grin grin
We seem to have a weird concept of what a beautiful city is in this country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Adegoketj: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
No, Uyo is most beautiful apart from Lagos

5 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ufotty2001: 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
uchaymart:

Maybe he is referring to GRA or Garrison..

Port Harcourt that can not celebrate 2hours electricity supply
Lol.. which GRA? No make me laugh ooohh.. Port Harcourt GRA were be like poultry house.
Bros... If u are talking about electricity supply alot of areas enjoy more than 18hrs light. Am staying close to Eliozu after the fly along rukpokwu.. I can boldly tell u that I enjoy 20hrs to 24hrs light per day.. like today, since 3days now there have been constant light. Infact it was because light that make me pack to that area

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by 07kjb: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
Owerri is planned municipal city what is drawing it back is bad governors

OWERRI IS BEAUTIFUL ANYWAYS
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
Disgraceful thread, showing the filth of skull miners habitation to the world. How is that even beautiful undecided
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ThickSharon123(f): 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:
As a confirmed Omoluabi guy from Igbęsa Ogun state, I have been to so many states in Nigeria and i must confess no city comes close to Owerri in terms beauty and aesthetic apart from lagos and Abuja.
Please if you feel otherwise, kindly post videos for us to see.
N.B Trolls stay away, this is not a thread for unnecessary arguments but a way to showcase the beautiful sides of our country, Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhsLsQwSYM

Normal Igbo houses is mansion. This people and class are like 5 and 6.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Bouncing2(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
ruggedtimi:
Which Owerri...Op e be like say truly u never travel leave your village....how can u say Owerri is the finest city in nig after abj/Lagos...damn. abeg go back village. Owerri no even near pH
Ma guy 4geh PH,,,,i lived 4 pH most of my childhood days,,,
PH is a big city,,, comparable to Lagos and Abj,, yeah but Owerri and uyo beat am hands down
4 beauty,,,ph geh slums wewell o,,bundu and the rest.... but Owerri nice,, likewise Uyo,, Calabar,,, Awka.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by uchaymart(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
Niom:

Enugu fine?
Owerri is better when compared to Enugu in terms of beauty...
Enugu is too dirty...

Enugu dirty? Are you sure?

No residential building would dare to leave dirt's or even make the environment dirty in Enugu.

You don't burn things/ dirt in Enugu. You don't throw dirt/ wastes in the sewages/gutters

In fact, there are big bins 2bus stops apart in the state.

People go to prison for dumping dirt outside of their house.....

Former Governor, Sullivan Chime set the pace for this lazy woman Governing the state now

Please confirm the state you call dirty.

ESWAMA is nobody's mate in Enugu.....any mistake of keeping the environment dirty, hmmm!! the whole occupants are in trouble

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ThEGodFaThEr131: 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Normal Igbo houses is mansion. This people and class are like 5 and 6.
You're right my dear, Igbos like mansions wella.

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ufotty2001: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
ruggedtimi:
compared to Owerri, Stadium road, GRA, Aba road down to govt house, Ada George, Trans Amadi...LNG road/eastern bypass, Old GRA, Rumubekwe, Eneka/eliozu link road area...even old port Harcourt town which is borokiri/aggrey road areas is more organized than the major areas in Owerri...
Well u can compare those areas to owerri I don't really know alot of area in owerri. But those areas can't be compared to Uyo.

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by uchaymart(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
Nairalandnigga:
Since last year i started begging the mods to show us the city of Umuahia up till today they have refused to show us Umuahia city. Is that too much to ask I know that Umuahia is more beautiful than Owerri twice in a day

grin grin grin umuahia Kwa? You sound as though you like violence...

Umuahia should have a different topic. Okay
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ruggedtimi(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
Bouncing2:

Ma guy 4geh PH,,,,i lived 4 pH most of my childhood days,,,
PH is a big city,,, comparable to Lagos and Abj,, yeah but Owerri and uyo beat am hands down
4 beauty,,,ph geh slums wewell o,,bundu and the rest.... but Owerri nice,, likewise Uyo,, Calabar,,, Awka.
I served in Owerri, stayed extra 6months after my service. Who tell you say Owerri no get slum or ghetto?...Owerri roads are f*cking bad, I stayed at world bank and in that area light no dey last more than 30mins. From world bank to FMC junction you go see bad road run for Owerri. That area 45 side yes good planning but mostly covered with hotels and low budget road designs. Have you gone through the tunnel roachas constructed? Rubbish tunnel. Owerri can't be compared to pH my guy. Owerri is fine no doubt bt not as developed as pH. You don drive pH for night before?

5 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Bouncing2(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
uchaymart:

Maybe he is referring to GRA or Garrison..

Port Harcourt that can not celebrate 2hours electricity supply
Kai ma guy,, you can lie!!

Portharcourt dey geh steady electricity,,,nor be beans & garri.

Some areas de geh 24/7 electricity sef,,, my area de enjoy 20hrs /7 electricity..make no mistake about that
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ensamy(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
This is Aba in Abia state
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by nams77: 3:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
onuman:

Relax in Owerri?
Human and vehicle traffic in Owerri can make one crazy.
Nearly half of the population of Imo state now live in Owerri, no thanks to governors from one senatorial District who are like they swore under oath that they will not live to see modern urban planning and development in their Orlu side of Imo state.

You are right. Funny enough, I'm from orlu axis

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by okwusdaddy: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2022
TotoGame:

You can't compare Owerri to Enugu nah! Enugu is by far more developed than Owerri just that night life dey Owerri wella ...hotels and Restaurants everywhere!
I have been to both cities and I can tell you Owerri is more beautiful than Enugu.I even watched a documentary on Channels TV about Owerri,were they described it as the Las vagas of Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Shadysen: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
4ckyou:
1. Abuja
2. Lagos
3. Port Harcourt
4. Uyo
5. Calabar
you said port Harcourt?
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by 4ckyou: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
Levinas:

Oga which Owerri are u people talking about. The one I know very well or another. Wait make heavy rain and flood hold u for Owerri then u go know what's up grin grin
We seem to have a weird concept of what a beautiful city is in this country.

no sitting they fine if rain fall for Nigeria except maybe abuja

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by 4ckyou: 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
Shadysen:
you said port Harcourt?
yeah
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by joshuaidibia(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
I rep PH city. Owerri, you're just taking pictures of the many hotels in that city.

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Bouncing2(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
ruggedtimi:
I served in Owerri, stayed extra 6months after my service. Who tell you say Owerri no get slum or ghetto?...Owerri roads are f*cking bad, I stayed at world bank and in that area light no dey last more than 30mins. From world bank to FMC junction you go see bad road run for Owerri. That area 45 side yes good planning but mostly covered with hotels and low budget road designs. Have you gone through the tunnel roachas constructed? Rubbish tunnel. Owerri can't be compared to pH my guy. Owerri is fine no doubt bt not as developed as pH. You don drive pH for night before?

Bruh,, I'm a PH boi,, normal owerri nor suppose de compare with PH ,,u get.

Na y i mention say after lagos and Abj,,na pH be next,, but i like Owerri because of their well planned fine fine buildings,,,, that's all.

When it comes to infrastructural developments,,i believe PH is owerri's senior man.

So ma gee,,i de roam ph 4 night but i don learn lesson since,,,na 4 dat same night dem collect my phone,, my money and my ATM card tek withdraw everything

3 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Kpengla(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
Igbesa?

OP must be high off an extremely potent strain of cannabis
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Khaysee: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
No city in Nigeria is world class lagos try but just some area not the full city so still didn't match

I pray our city improve all over Nigeria
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Spiff20(m): 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
Op, the question you asked is a good one and it shows you're ignorant and want to learn. I'll advise you visit Uyo, Calabar, Port Harcourt, Enugu, and Maybe Abakiliki. I guess you'd be confused. Oh I forgot Kano as well. But when it comes to Development and Infrastructure, with what Wike has done in Port Harcourt, I think it's next after Lagos and Abuja. Beauty can vary but development is measured with certain indices which are constant.

5 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Unruly7(m): 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
How are you people skipping abakelike and calaba
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by eallstar: 3:25pm On Apr 23, 2022
Uyo is the best

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bolt Driver Text Lady After A Ride, Lady Shares Chat / Pius Adesanmi's Wife Tells To Daughter About His Death Via Ethiopian Plane Crash / Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.