Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,423 members, 7,836,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? (26883 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Her Responsibility, My Right / Woman Divorce Husband Over Depriving Her Sex For 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by YoungAncient1: 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
You are wrong Mr, you are not a direct child of your grand father, you are second generation. You only have right to that which belongs directly to your dad by inheritance.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by coolfredo(m): 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

Yes, I understand. It could have better and easier if my father was able to share the properties but he couldn't.

Now, they are taking over those things now without allowing my father to get involved anymore. I'm not sure it's right too.

I wish it could be shared accordingly

They just want to take over everything as the man is late now. Not sure it's right..

When ur late father took everything, u were sure it right abi?

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by frozen70(f): 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheOldGods:
even if they share the money, it can never be 50 50. He lost it when his father didn't share it when he was alive. He has no stronger say than his brothers because the father's brothers are the immediate offspring to their grandfather, and it's the second son now, who has the final say and never the son.

You are taking it too far

It still remains that he must share it for his own peace and safety

Which ever way and manner it will be done the formula will come out
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by shantti(m): 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They keep giving different excuses on why the burial will not hold.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

I really want to charge them for this.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Now my patience has ruined out. I'm in mood for actions now.

I want to take matter higher than the community level with them now.

I'm thinking taking them to court now. But I don't know the process.

I'm seeking for the right direction i can take to solve such issue.

Thank you so much �

U just cap shit about the inheritance stuff. I assume u are Igbo. Let me educate u.

Ur grandfather's lands and properties belongs to ur father and his siblings. It would be shred equally, ur dad as the first son only gets to inherit the obi to ensure its maintenance.

Now that your father, the head of your grandfather's family is dead, the new head of this family is the second son. This second son automatically owns the obi since your dad did not pass it down to u, I even doubt if his siblings left the obi for him. This second son in now in charge of the lands and properties and not u. Assuming your grandfathers lands and properties have been shared between his sons, them u get to control your father's portion.

4 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by demoBaba: 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Thank you so much �

Your father supposed to have shared the property accordingly before his death.......may be your father wanted to have it all which is very bad. You have to understand that the said property isn't your direct father property so allow your uncles to share they're father property and give you your father share that is all

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by LadiesForever(f): 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �

In all this understand one thiing.....

YOUR INHERITANCE AS FIRST SON WILL NEVER START UNTIL YOUR DAD IS BURIED.

They don't want you having power and properties grin
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Tochj(m): 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

Yes, I understand. It could have better and easier if my father was able to share the properties but he couldn't.

Now, they are taking over those things now without allowing my father to get involved anymore. I'm not sure it's right too.

They just want to take over everything as the man is late now. Not sure it's right.

It's the job of ur kingsman to share the family property
Get them involved.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by obyrich(m): 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

They just want to take over everything as the man is late now. Not sure it's right.

Your father made a mistake. He should have shared those properties while alive since he knew what his siblings could do.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by shantti(m): 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
yanabasee:
OP....

You have to understand that the properties must be shared....

And they have their right to decide as well... Before the deceased became your father, he was first and foremost their brothers.... And you can't change that ....

And it's your grandfather's properties which also belongs to them... Your Uncle have right to their father's properties....

You've refused to tell us the content of all the meetings you've had with your uncle's and what their plea is...

Are they asking you to share the properties equally or give them a share of it?

I will say that you share it according to their demands.... The left over ones, you share it with your siblings .. and know where your own properties are.... And everyone will be at peace....

You sound like you're well to do... So why dragging properties with your elders?

You don't know that what killed your father can easily kill you too? Do you even know if your uncles have a hand in it?

He has no right to share those properties, they r not his, the leader of the family is the one who has this role. The leader was formally his father, now it is his father's immediate younger brother.
Imagine a grandkid sharing his grandfather's properties to his grandfather's sons. That's an abomination.

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Niom(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
If you take them to court, it will delay the burial process as you won't be able to do the burial until court passes judgement.

Since you have the backings of the chief and elders of you village, Ignore your uncles....

Fix a date, and get some Army to secure the compound from vigil till the burial is conducted.

Also, meet the youth leader of your community and make sure they have whatever they need to make the burial a success.

This was exactly what I did when my uncle & his usele$$ son (who has hand in my father's death) vowed I was not going to bury my late father in his own house he built ooo... That he would be buried in the bush.

Yours is even better that your Chief supports you to go ahead with the burial.

In my case, my community Chief objected to my late fathers burial and sent a message to me, that i should come and do some traditional nonsense before i can bury my father else he won't attend and I will face the repercussions.

So the chief, my uncle and his son were against the burial......

I got angry and prepared for them...

I ignored them and later fixed another date for the burial.

I got army, and engaged the community youths who stood solidly by me throughout the burial because my face show for the community...

The youths of my commilunity even passed a message that anyone who misbehaves will be treated accordingly.

This was how o was able to do my father's burial without anyone coughing...

Even my uncle was quiet throughout the burial and his troublesome son didn't come. My community chief didn't attend the burial also and he respected himself not to try any nonsense....

The burial of my late popsman since 2019 in my community in Ika LGA, of Akwa Ibom State, still remains the best till date...

Because of the way everything was organized with army walking round the compound looking for whom to use as scapegoat, youths blazing their weed till down....

If them dey give award for burial, I for collect one....
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Ngorbungor(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
frozen70:

You are taking it too far

It still remains that he must share it for his own peace and safety

Which ever way and manner it will be done the formula will come out

His right, in some part of Igbo land, the op has no say again as far as his father didn't share their fathers inheritance, infact his uncles are very nice, they are not the wicked type, the OP should please use his brain ooo, forget court and police for now please.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by makson007: 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Your dad suppose to share everything among his brothers in the first place, but he refused to do the right thing at the right time. because of outdated culture and you as grandson also claiming what belong to everybody.
This is my judgment.... Your dad have enjoyed his own inheritance while he was alive, pls back off or you will pay with your life. That is the bitter truth. Because they will attack you spiritually.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Iamntasaint: 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ndi! Blood is thicker than water! Where una dey. Hw they sleep knowing their blood is not resting in peace baffles me. Men immediately u gt married n start having kids try as much as possible to secure all that belongs to u with a big demarcation n try as possible to put ur immediate family first in all u do. E gt y
quote author=questionanswer post=112228469]Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �[/quote]
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Antyxx: 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �
You and your THIEF culture. You are a THIEF and your FATHER was a THIEF, and your great-grandfather was a THIEF. All the useless people supporting you to inherit all your father,great-grandfather properties are THIEFS

It will not bee better for the idiot that made those unreasonable ancient, trouble causing cultural laws
Your great-grandfather gave birth to children, many, bring people in heaven to earth without their permission,after he died, he gave all his property to just one person. Why didn't he just give birth to just one child? I mean he should have given birth to only your father alone now, so he can inherit all hiss properties in PEACE, but NAH, he went ahead to have sex and brought innocent children to the world, only to accuse them of not being a first son and thus not sharing properties.

What if your uncle's were females? Means they can't even dream of having a single thing of their father that brought them to this world without permission

All of you are USELESS
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by akpunda86: 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �

Nwokem is a pity u lost Ur Dad,by actions u are taking u might join him.

Nwokem in my family we are 5 boys and my father have 6 brothers,well when my Grandpa died,his brothers shared it among themselves and is my own father's share we shared among ourselves which my Dad did.
I'm sorry Ur dad might be a greedy man,it all happens.please u dad did wrong,don't follow his path,do the right thing and I believe u no dey go villa wen he was alive Ur Dad is urs maybe in town but any not inherited but from Grandpa not urs,allow his brodas to share it among themselves including Ur dad,then u take his share

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Iamntasaint: 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ndi! Blood is thicker than water! Where una dey. Hw they sleep knowing their blood is not resting in peace baffles me. Men immediately u gt married n start having kids ,try as much as possible to secure all that belongs to u with a big demarcation, mk we no share property, mk we do together until everybody go dey independent, no dey always end well E gt y
quote author=questionanswer post=112228469]Hi everyone,

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Princepioneer(m): 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

If you are taking them to court,then do so on the basis that they are stopping you from burying your late father and let them tell the court their reasons.

Nice Advice...Those evil minded village uncles can frustrate eeehhh... Goshhh..!!! undecided undecided
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Aringon(m): 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bro, fix the date and arrange with the King and your kinsmen in collaboration with some Mopol to station around the burial or secretly arrest them one by one and after the burial then release then

questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by haggai247: 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

here's THE MESSAGE from THE GOD'S
Fix your father mistake why you can... agree for them to share the properties...

Or you will in the opinion of elders be playing with your life.

Thank you so much �

Call the king or chief of your community to give you his blessing if he does arrest all the uncle who are stumbling blocks on Trump charges threat to your life.

And fix the burial before they get out of custody.
never ever ever take then to court they will poison you I'm dead sure of it.

But if you can't just leave everything for them put ask your dad to fight your battle.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by shantti(m): 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2022
Hychineson:
I was in your shoe. No matter what you are the 1st son of the family. If ur father was a king , who becomes the king after him? Of course it’s you. Be a man, fix ur dad’s burial, make an entry in the police, get security, anybody that stops u should be taken behind bars.

Asi ocha, he can never ever be the first son of his grandfather's family, it doesn't work that way in igboland. The oldest son of his grandfather is the leader of the family. Forget Nollywood, kingship is not inherited, it is rotated among clans that make up a community

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Ngorbungor(m): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
Niom:
If you take them to court, it will delay the burial process as you won't be able to do the burial until court passes judgement.

Since you have the backings of the chief and elders of you village, Ignore your uncles....

Fix a date, and get some Army to secure the compound from vigil till the burial is conducted.

Also, meet the youth leader of your community and make sure they have whatever they need to make the burial a success.

This was exactly what I did when my uncle & his usele$$ son (who has hand in my father's death) vowed I was not going to bury my late father in his own house he built ooo... That he would be buried in the bush.

Yours is even better that your Chief supports you to go ahead with the burial.

In my case, my community Chief objected to my late fathers burial and sent a message to me, that i should come and do some traditional nonsense before i can bury my father else he won't attend and I will face the repercussions.

So the chief, my uncle and his son were against the burial......

I got angry and prepared for them...

I ignored them and later fixed another date for the burial.

I got army, and engaged the community youths who stood solidly by me throughout the burial because my face show for the community...

The youths of my commilunity even passed a message that anyone who misbehaves will be treated accordingly.

This was how o was able to do my father's burial without anyone coughing...

Even my uncle was quiet throughout the burial and his troublesome son didn't come. My community chief didn't attend the burial also and he respected himself not to try any nonsense....

The burial of my late popsman since 2019 in my community in Ika LGA, of Akwa Ibom State, still remains the best till date...

Because of the way everything was organized with army walking round the compound looking for whom to use as scapegoat, youths blazing their weed till down....

If them dey give award for burial, I for collect one....

Don't miss inform the OP please, the matter on the table is related to inheritance, OP once again please start looking for the black goat now when its day time, it might be impossible to find it at night ooooo, speaking from experience, Army will come and go, youth will come and go after the burial the battle will still continue in full force.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

A big mistake your Old man did... My old man was about doing that, he claimed they are family. I personally went and warned him to go divide what so ever is left of their grandfather accordingly and let it be on record.
Since the mess have been done, young man no put your hands for watin Elder involve. It doesn't cost them anything to waste you and get you buried close to your dad. Leave everything and let them give you if they feel it's right.
If i am non judgemental all waiting until dey fight for no go pass 200million. Leave it for them ,work and gain more than that.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Ngorbungor(m): 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
shantti:

U just cap shit about the inheritance stuff. I assume u are Igbo. Let me educate u.

Ur grandfather's lands and properties belongs to ur father and his siblings. It would be shred equally, ur dad as the first son only gets to inherit the obi to ensure its maintenance.

Now that your father, the head of your grandfather's family is dead, the new head of this family is the second son. This second son automatically owns the obi since your dad did not pass it down to u, I even doubt if his siblings left the obi for him. This second son in now in charge of the lands and properties and not u. Assuming your grandfathers lands and properties have been shared between his sons, them u get to control your father's portion.

God will bless you and your family for been truthful.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Ngorbungor(m): 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
stinflame:

A big mistake your Old man did... My old man was about doing that, he claimed they are family. I personally went and warned him to go divide what so ever is left of their grandfather accordingly and let it be on record.
Since the mess have been done, young man no put your hands for watin Elder involve. It doesn't cost them anything to waste you and get you buried close to your dad. Leave everything and let them give you if they feel it's right.
If i am non judgemental all waiting until dey fight for no go pass 200million. Leave it for them ,work and gain more than that.

I suspect the OP is as greedy as his father, am sorry to say this.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by sirblend: 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
chatinent:
1. I don't know your tribe but I suspect Igbo.

Wow!
Your hatred for Igbos.
You must be from the Southwest.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by emyrald91(m): 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

As what now!!! Do not be unfortunate. So others are not humans because your father was born first? Like he defeated them in a battle or what?

This is totally wrong. Infact no body deserve to be told this not to talk of trying to implement it.

questionanswer:

Yes na. Why will you inherit it. Wait wait wait!!! Put your younger brothers in their shoes.

If anyone is selfish here, it's you. And of course whosoever set you on this path.
Oh I remember, you are as greedy as your late father. You are not even planning to give anything to your younger brothers

Let them share their properties. It's their father's own. Your and your brothers will in turn share your father's portion

questionanswer:

Please do. Maybe they court will even give.them justice because this is #justiceForYourUncles

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Pelia1234: 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
Oga probably your Dad was not the first son of your grandfather,his elderly ones have pass on too and their kids didn't claim your grandfather properties........please bury your dad and do your personal hustling.quote author=questionanswer post=112228469]Hi everyone,

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by sirblend: 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
chatinent:
1. I don't know your tribe but I suspect Igbo.

Wow!
Your hatred for Igbos
You must be from the Southwest.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by shantti(m): 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
grandstar:
questionanswer
My late dad was polygamous and had 3 wives and my mum was the first wife. They married in a church. The other wives were mistresses who he turned to wives due to "unwanted pregnancies" and wanting to do the right thing.

2 years ago, my dad's house was rented out and we decided to share ₦1.5m among the 3 wives.

Now, I am close to a cousin of the 2nd wife who is Igbo and he said that since my mother was the first wife, our line should get double portion of what the other wives get. He said that was the custom.

When I informed my older sister who is my dad's firstborn, she did not accept it. She said it should be split equally amongst all the wives and that is what was done. I was actually relieved when she came up with that. Though my dad is now deceased, we all live peacefully without rancor.

Now, customs and traditions were made for man and not man for customs and traditions. Even if your uncles are greedy, is it fair that you inherit all your grandfather and "father's" property alone? I wrote "father's" as some of your father's present properties were those inherited from your grandfather. It is better to be fair and not tradition rigid.

I am sure your greedy uncles too have problems and responsibilities to. They are also your grandfather's offsprings. It is better to be fair than stick to a custom that ignores the rights that other children should have.

I could have objected to my sister's suggestion. I have the right to. My stepmother would go ahead with whatever my sister said, whether they like it or not. They may go ahead with it but there'll be resentment which won't be voiced out. The freeness of speech which we all enjoy amongst ourselves today would be gone.

I would advise that you prove your right to be the firstborn of your dad, not by a feeling of entitlement, but rather, by being fair to all.

Property that your father built or acquired through his sweat should be off the table. That's not negotiable but your grandfather's properties should be the issue here.

You also need to be fair to your siblings regarding what your dad left behind. You'd be setting a precedent in the community.

Bro, I am Igbo and what the picture the op is painting is false.
T
The only right he has is the right to bury his dad. As for his grandfathers properties, his uncles have a very big upper hand over him. The properties would be shared equally and he gets to control the one given to his father.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
Comrade please with all due Respect, I use God name beg you, No vex for me for this I want to advice you...

Let there be Vawulence grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

E be like say Mortuary nor dey cost for East. E be like say you be the Gentleman type...
Show some promise of Vawulence I swear na them go help you bury the Man.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Trojan8(m): 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2022
You want to inherit all your grandfather's properties. Meanwhile your grandfather has male children (your uncles) that are alive, and haven't received a pin from same properties.

You must be a big clown. Why would they allow you bury your father when the properties that your father stole have not been shared? It is obvious that you don't like the life that you are living at the moment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets / How To Increase Intimacy In Marriages / Fashola's Wife Welcomes Lagos First Baby Of 2015 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.