Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,476 members, 7,836,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? (26885 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Her Responsibility, My Right / Woman Divorce Husband Over Depriving Her Sex For 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by oluwaseyi0: 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They keep giving different excuses on why the burial will not hold.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

I really want to charge them for this.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Now my patience has ruined out. I'm in mood for actions now.

I want to take matter higher than the community level with them now.

I'm thinking taking them to court now. But I don't know the process.

I'm seeking for the right direction i can take to solve such issue.

Thank you so much �

You dead father is a thief and you are stepping in his shoe of armed robbery

How can only you inherit your lineage property

All your family have to do is kill you and the simple issue is resolved

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Itzteewhy(m): 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
What's with Nairaland and inheritance issue. Na wa oo
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by aikyg(m): 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
Wrong move! You alone cannot be the sole owner of both your father and your grandfather's properties. That's selfishness. That fact that the king supports you does not mean that you are right. You have to listen to them and find a way of meeting them halfway.

5 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Ejiakusmith(m): 7:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
wickedness in de highest order

imagine say na girls girls ur father born

chaaaiiiiiiii
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by LOVEGINO(m): 7:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
Dash am na
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by medriano: 7:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
phemmyfour:
Next time you fix a date, go there with soldiers and let's see how they LL prevent you from burying your father

I love this idea.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by frozen70(f): 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Thank you so much �

The most important thing now is your own life not about your dad that has already gone

What really are the inherentance that you want to gamble your life with this wicked uncles

You don't need to be stubborn or drag any thing with them

You may adopt the following

Suspend all plans and start again

Have a heart to heart meeting with them to know exactly what they want and if that thing is about the inheritance, then you have to share it with them

Yes be prepared to have a sharing formula of 50/50 take the 50 and let them go and share the remaining 50

Secondly involve them in the burial process by giving them a duty to perform, even when they are not contributing penny

Send them on errand like the purchase of cows and drinks for the burial and they will give you feed backs then you approve

Look you are to small for them to deal with but they want you to apply wisdom

Even those things that you are dragging with them, you will definitely have issues with your own siblings over those inherentance

Pls be wise because you are dealing with old men who already knows how to play village politics

Don't let any one tell you otherwise or to fight them you will just go 6ft and nothing will happen

If they want you to suffer more, they will just send one untraceable sickness, that will keep you frustrated till you are gone

Be wise

13 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by nesgeeek(m): 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
Op, Arrest all of them and sue them to court. be bold, don't be afraid of them. never allow them to get u intimidated. And always make sure u pray before seating out with them for a meeting. Village People are always too greedy.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by shaggy007(m): 7:30pm On Apr 24, 2022
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by bro4u: 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �
In whatever you do just be careful sha, village people no get joy , fight a good fight but always remember ur life is worths more

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by ednut1(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
You are a wicked human being. You want to inherit your grandad properties too. So your own first son will be the only one to inherit your things You are mad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Asquare84(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
In my own case i just lost my dad last two years he is the first son of my grandfather that has alot of estate. This property were not shared whe my dad was alive, now he is late I don't know if we the children are still entitled to our father share of my grandfather estate. More over I still receive a call from my home town that my uncle sold some of my dad cars without seeking my consent as the first son.

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Igha pin Loading...

Acha ere in progress...

Fear village pipo oo
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by PeacenLove2: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Why do you want to make enemies when you can avoid that?

Let your uncles have their father's properties and be content with your own father's. For your father's entitlement, hope you get what is fair and let go.

Call your uncles for peace talk and let them allow your father to rest. Every thing after all vanity upon vanity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by grafixdon: 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
The same scinario with my family. My uncle who is a SAN stopped those greedy uncles. Hire a professional lawyer or a SAN, they'll back out
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by emaxjey(m): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
Just 30 minutes left to kick-off. The space is open to newbie and those just curious about UX design. We all are one �.

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1RDxlgdMqvdJL
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by OlawaleBammie: 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �
is it really hard to bury ur father in cemetery without anyone present??

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by chronique(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
chatinent:
1. Even if your father is the first son, it doesn't mean he'll inherit the whole property of your grandfather if he has brothers. Get it right. Being the first son gives you a privilege to choose first or have the bigger share in property sharing not taking all.

2. If the property of your grandfather hasn't been shared rightfully to his sons and your dad says he inherited them, it is wrong. That's why they are back.

3. Go ahead and bury your father...that's if you understand the force in what I infer.

Exactly what I wanted to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by xtivin(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Sorry to say OP, your late dad cheated his brethren and they had waited for a time like this. They want to make sure the man don't rest in peace. Just play ball with them and let them score 1.

6 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Levels1(m): 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �

From my observations, I assume they are trying to pay back your father with his own coin. Reason been that, from what you wrote, you claim been the first son you father inherited all... And I assume they have been dragging this issues with your father before he passed away to let them share the properties between/among them but he refused. Hence now that he's dead, they felt that since he once deprive them when he's in power and now is their time. May viewing based on your write up. If you can respond to this my assumption, then I might be able to guide you on way forward....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by merrymike47(m): 7:37pm On Apr 24, 2022
u may be on a dangerous path, your father took all the properties to himself, now he is dead, who knows what killed him? Now you are on thesame path of fighting for a property that isn’t even your fathers’. Guy just hustle. Leave properties, bury your father and continue hustling on a low if you want to live long.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by ipobarecriminals: 7:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
sad
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by RayRay06677(m): 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2022
What will be your reaction if your brothers son takes over this your father's property without your consent?
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by TheOldGods: 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2022
frozen70:

The most important thing now is your own life not about your dad that has already gone

What really are the inherentance that you want to gamble your life with this wicked uncles

You don't need to be stubborn or drag any thing with them

You may adopt the following

Suspend all plans and start again

Have a heart to heart meeting with them to know exactly what they want and if that thing is about the inheritance, then you have to share it with them

Yes be prepared to have a sharing formula of 50/50 take the 50 and let them go and share the remaining 50

Secondly involve them in the burial process by giving them a duty to perform, even when they are not contributing penny

Send them on errand like the purchase of cows and drinks for the burial and they will give you feed backs then you approve

Look you are to small for them to deal with but they want you to apply wisdom

Even those things that you are dragging with them, you will definitely have issues with your own siblings over those inherentance

Pls be wise because you are dealing with old men who already knows how to play village politics

Don't let any one tell you otherwise or to fight them you will just go 6ft and nothing will happen

If they want you to suffer more, they will just send one untraceable sickness, that will keep you frustrated till you are gone

Be wise
it cannot be 50 50 if they are more than 2. Impossible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by purejustice36: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2022
Some kind matters no need plenty talk
Na ur papa no be their papa

Go carry soldiers, organize the burial
Burry your papa in peace and anyone wey no attend the burial soldier go flog am
For the burial ground the soldiers go ensure say all your uncles in total them place hand for your papa coffin say them nor go harm you whether physically or spiritually else make your papa ghost haunt them

Then you round it all up and return to base and avoid them totally, it’s that easy

Never even be sorry about it

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by luluosas(m): 7:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
Are you the only son of your late father? Am just asking because I am sensing the spirit of selfishness in your ambition.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by frozen70(f): 7:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheOldGods:
it cannot be 50 50 if they are more than 2. Impossible

They can sell and share the money
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by TheOldGods: 7:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
Asquare84:
In my own case i just lost my dad last two years he is the first son of my grandfather that has alot of estate. This property were not shared whe my dad was alive, now he is late I don't know if we the children are still entitled to our father share of my grandfather estate. More over I still receive a call from my home town that my uncle sold some of my dad cars without seeking my consent as the first son.
how old are you?
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by galantjoe(m): 7:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
Mr. Man share your grandfather properties your father refused to share among his brothers.

To bury your father you don't need anybody permission except your siblings and mom.

Agree to share the lands with ur uncles to save yourself from untimely death

3 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by TheOldGods: 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
frozen70:

They can sell and share the money
even if they share the money, it can never be 50 50. He lost it when his father didn't share it when he was alive. He has no stronger say than his brothers because the father's brothers are the immediate offspring to their grandfather, and it's the second son now, who has the final say and never the son.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by legba1(m): 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
This must be our people from the East... inheritance is a big deal to them, especially land....

Pls thread softly OP.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by chigoizie7(m): 7:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �

Haba bro, even if your father is the first son, there is no way he will inherit everything, no be o lay him dem born ooh. Which village are you from sef? I guess your father has an outstanding beef with his brothers for his selfishness. Any reasonable human will know that he is not the only son of the man, as such he should share things amongst his brothers, even though he will get the lion share but his brothers should get some.

Don’t follow your father’s footsteps, take some and leave some to them. Nothing lasts forever, shebi your papa don die now, all those things he inherited, where is he now to enjoy them?

I am an igbo person and a first son at that. My father left things for me and my siblings. But me sef I de find means to acquire more for my brothers. Because our family house where my mom currently live in is massive and the land too compared to other small small houses the will automatically go to my brothers. I fell that it is not fair so I am planing to buy a plot of land each for them to add to the ones my dad left. Even my immediate younger brother is telling me that it’s not necessary that I should focus on myself , even the land and house he got, he has bought another land for himself.

Be reasonable bro. No be only you waka come. Your grandfather didn’t pick your uncles from the gutter as such they should also partake in his properties.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets / How To Increase Intimacy In Marriages / Fashola's Wife Welcomes Lagos First Baby Of 2015 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.