Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) (61615 Views)

A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car / My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It / How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 27, 2022
There is a trick that makes it easier to change tires, I assume you got this injury when trying to loosen the bolts. It’s not done with strength.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Bahamas95(m): 10:49am On Apr 27, 2022
Lol, mine was like that before I got admission.

Engineering work has made it hard unlike before. By the time you tighten top cylinder with pipe for 1month your hand go hear am.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by joyandfaith: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:
I have been driving my car since 2019 but have never changed the tyre myself. Anytime the tyre has problem, there are always owomida people to help change it for a small fee.

It happened that I was driving from oshodi to Lekki and as I was approaching third mainland Bridge, my tyre collapsed.

I parked and started learning left hand at old age. I managed to change it but my palms felt it.

The sad thing is that immediately I was about tightening the nuts firm, two touts rushed to the place and seized the tyre that I brought out, asking that I should find them money.

This touting thing is a menace in Lagos. Less than 100 meters from there, we met a dead body of an NURTW who was wearing their tithe collection uniform and a stick in his hand. If it was a car that knocked him down, I can't tell.

But I commend Lagosians for having A1 in "Minding your business 101". The way people were driving pass the dead body, you would think it's a chicken that's lying fallow there.

This is the second dead body I'm seeing on Lagos road since this year. One was a decapitated body at Carter Bridge. They just used tyre to barricade it if not, cars will mistakenly run over the body because people drive at high speed there.

When I saw what happened to my hand, I just whispered to myself "How many times will they tell you that this country is not for you". grin

Imagine if I should take cutlass or hoe to farm now ? I guess I will be admitted in the intensive care unit of the hospital.

Please, what can I rub on this thing to reduce the pain and relieve it completely.

Next time wear engineering gloves.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Lexusgs430: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:
I have been driving my car since 2019 but have never changed the tyre myself. Anytime the tyre has problem, there are always owomida people to help change it for a small fee.

It happened that I was driving from oshodi to Lekki and as I was approaching third mainland Bridge, my tyre collapsed.

I parked and started learning left hand at old age. I managed to change it but my palms felt it.

The sad thing is that immediately I was about tightening the nuts firm, two touts rushed to the place and seized the tyre that I brought out, asking that I should find them money.

This touting thing is a menace in Lagos. Less than 100 meters from there, we met a dead body of an NURTW who was wearing their tithe collection uniform and a stick in his hand. If it was a car that knocked him down, I can't tell.

But I commend Lagosians for having A1 in "Minding your business 101". The way people were driving pass the dead body, you would think it's a chicken that's lying fallow there.

This is the second dead body I'm seeing on Lagos road since this year. One was a decapitated body at Carter Bridge. They just used tyre to barricade it if not, cars will mistakenly run over the body because people drive at high speed there.

When I saw what happened to my hand, I just whispered to myself "How many times will they tell you that this country is not for you". grin

Imagine if I should take cutlass or hoe to farm now ? I guess I will be admitted in the intensive care unit of the hospital.

Please, what can I rub on this thing to reduce the pain and relieve it completely.

Always keep gloves in your car ..........
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Olam09(m): 10:54am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Pele omo butty.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Positiveme2020: 10:56am On Apr 27, 2022
Chosen44:
Use warm water to massage the hands,don't use robb it will make it worse,anticeptics will work well too it looks like blister to me though.
pls who has a spare andriod phone maybe spoilt and is willing to give me?pls.

Spoilt android phone,? Of what use is it?
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by wallarwallar(m): 10:56am On Apr 27, 2022
flejnr2:
Omo na tire you change or na farm you go?

Dat man na ur papa mate show some respect. Useless boy
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Dagger111(m): 10:59am On Apr 27, 2022
flejnr2:
Omo na tire you change or na farm you go?

No, na finger him finger p3ssy.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Hailleys: 11:01am On Apr 27, 2022
I hope this your hand is capable of tightening the Tyre very well?��
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Psoul(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:

You no get money and you are doing Ajebutter and fine boy.
Don't worry, u go soon hear am.
Hustle harder to make money if you prefers Ajebo lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Whiteways: 11:11am On Apr 27, 2022
Country is not safe for changing of tyre?
habsydiamond:
Ehya!!! Sorry sir... Ur hand must have been so soft to have peeled off like that.. And that thing can be very painful mehn... May God continue to protect us all cos this country is not safe
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by GloriousGbola: 11:11am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:

I want to tab you but my car is a pickup and even removing tire alone is wahala.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by GloriousGbola: 11:12am On Apr 27, 2022

The Tinubus lagos his lackeys pretend does not exist
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by toujurs: 11:14am On Apr 27, 2022
I have seen two dead bodies,.the last one at eko bridge, was there for four days, before it was removed
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by habsydiamond(m): 11:15am On Apr 27, 2022
Whiteways:
Country is not safe for changing of tyre?
have u forgotten where he made mention of seeing dead bodies.. Abi am the only that saw that part U won dey change tire close to third mainland bridge only u .. If dem throw u inside water carry ur moto... Na the end be that oo
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by edosignature(m): 11:16am On Apr 27, 2022
With time you will get back to it brother.

I recently move to my own house & i tried clearing the grasses around my hands almost pilled off I've to contract another person to do the clearing.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by NaijaCover(m): 11:18am On Apr 27, 2022
Start Learning oooooo
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 27, 2022
Positiveme2020:

Spoilt android phone,? Of what use is it?
A spoilt one that work is better than none at all.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by dalass(f): 11:21am On Apr 27, 2022
incandescentena:
Nobody os talking about the dead body he claim to have seen. Life here is cheap sad

That's horrible though... Those agberos are humans too although they can pester people like hell...
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by sirsholley(m): 11:21am On Apr 27, 2022
Learn to value artisans when they work for you
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by staga: 11:21am On Apr 27, 2022
Hahhahhahaa
There are some skills you should have learnt as a kid growing up. Changing tire is one of them.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by mubeela(m): 11:22am On Apr 27, 2022
Jeon:
UR HANDS ARE SOFT..

JUST LIKE MY HANDS [ can't use a knife to peel yam or cassava for 30 minutes ] without my palms changing.
let me see ur hand �
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by ThatsONYI: 11:23am On Apr 27, 2022
incandescentena:
Nobody os talking about the dead body he claim to have seen. Life here is cheap sad

shocked

I was just scrolling to see someone mention that, what a generation! cry

I can't wait to make an impact with my music and die.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by sultaan(m): 11:24am On Apr 27, 2022
Changing tire, checking oil level, and tire pressure is the first thing you should know as a man before you even buy a car. It is like a boy knowing to tie his shoe lace.

Doing it for the first time since 2019 is a really bad sign of capable car owner because you won't even be able to tell is what you tire pressure should be.

Bruise is from doing it wrong.What did you torque your wheel to to prevent tire coming off
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by incandescentena: 11:24am On Apr 27, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

I was just scrolling to see someone mention that, what a generation! cry

I can't wait to make an impact with my music and die.

Really pathetic country were people only think of survival

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 27, 2022
There is something for everyone. Division of labour & specialization should be observed
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by oxygeng: 11:31am On Apr 27, 2022
Those hands don't look so soft; what you lack is basic skills. Your type gets neighbors to change electric � for them. Now you have successfully rendered a large part of your brain dormant, and you better not be a science/engineering inclined man; cos I will personally champion the withdrawal of whatever cert. You have.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Solofresh2: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2022
Jeon:
UR HANDS ARE SOFT..

JUST LIKE MY HANDS [ can't use a knife to peel yam or cassava for 30 minutes ] without my palms changing.

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by joshuaidibia(m): 11:36am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:

I changed my first tyre yesterday. Luckily for me I noticed it before I left the house. The sweat that followed, I had to change my shirt to another. I felt like Dwayne Johnson afterwards with my wife hailing me

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Mom007(f): 11:37am On Apr 27, 2022
Omo... See ajebutter... Lol.
But its true o... I've been driving about 10yrs n I have never changed tire myself. There is always vulcanizer around or some nice gentleman sha that will say madam, let me do that for you... There was one time in the early days I condemned my tire, driving with a flat to the vulcanizers shop... But that was only once sha. tongue
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Enyimbamercedes: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2022
What step of the tire change caused this? Abu you were slapping the tyre cos gripping the wheel spammer or turning the Jack winder shouldn’t give you these types of blisters. I’ve done a full rotation of four tyres and didn’t get a blister.

Anyway, maybe you be butter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Parking Lot At The American University Of Dubai! (Pictures) / Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.