Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) (61619 Views)

A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car / My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It / How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by treatise: 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2022
habsydiamond:
Ehya!!! Sorry sir... Ur hand must have been so soft to have peeled off like that.. And that thing can be very painful mehn... May God continue to protect us all cos this country is not safe
He should be "redeployed" to a farming village immediately.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by remele2(f): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2022
Na catapilar tyre u small toyota dey use... Abi na Julius Berger tie the bot wen u dey try use ordinary and loose.... Abi 900 bags of cement dey inside the moto wen u dey try jack am ?

Wen i get the ans... I will advise u
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Microwhy: 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:
I have been driving my car since 2019 but have never changed the tyre myself. Anytime the tyre has problem, there are always owomida people to help change it for a small fee.

It happened that I was driving from oshodi to Lekki and as I was approaching third mainland Bridge, my tyre collapsed.

I parked and started learning left hand at old age. I managed to change it but my palms felt it.

The sad thing is that immediately I was about tightening the nuts firm, two touts rushed to the place and seized the tyre that I brought out, asking that I should find them money.

This touting thing is a menace in Lagos. Less than 100 meters from there, we met a dead body of an NURTW who was wearing their tithe collection uniform and a stick in his hand. If it was a car that knocked him down, I can't tell.

But I commend Lagosians for having A1 in "Minding your business 101". The way people were driving pass the dead body, you would think it's a chicken that's lying fallow there.

This is the second dead body I'm seeing on Lagos road since this year. One was a decapitated body at Carter Bridge. They just used tyre to barricade it if not, cars will mistakenly run over the body because people drive at high speed there.

When I saw what happened to my hand, I just whispered to myself "How many times will they tell you that this country is not for you". grin

Imagine if I should take cutlass or hoe to farm now ? I guess I will be admitted in the intensive care unit of the hospital.

Please, what can I rub on this thing to reduce the pain and relieve it completely.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Twicom: 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2022
Eeyah �
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Microwhy: 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:
I have been driving my car since 2019 but have never changed the tyre myself. Anytime the tyre has problem, there are always owomida people to help change it for a small fee.

It happened that I was driving from oshodi to Lekki and as I was approaching third mainland Bridge, my tyre collapsed.

I parked and started learning left hand at old age. I managed to change it but my palms felt it.

The sad thing is that immediately I was about tightening the nuts firm, two touts rushed to the place and seized the tyre that I brought out, asking that I should find them money.

This touting thing is a menace in Lagos. Less than 100 meters from there, we met a dead body of an NURTW who was wearing their tithe collection uniform and a stick in his hand. If it was a car that knocked him down, I can't tell.

But I commend Lagosians for having A1 in "Minding your business 101". The way people were driving pass the dead body, you would think it's a chicken that's lying fallow there.

This is the second dead body I'm seeing on Lagos road since this year. One was a decapitated body at Carter Bridge. They just used tyre to barricade it if not, cars will mistakenly run over the body because people drive at high speed there.

When I saw what happened to my hand, I just whispered to myself "How many times will they tell you that this country is not for you". grin

Imagine if I should take cutlass or hoe to farm now ? I guess I will be admitted in the intensive care unit of the hospital.

Please, what can I rub on this thing to reduce the pain and relieve it completely.
My friend! Go get yourself a good
Electric Automatic Car Jack With Impact Wrench 3ton.
Throwaway that screw jack......
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by sirsugar(m): 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
Some people may not be rich but they never smell sufferness
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by whirlwind7(m): 3:25pm On Apr 27, 2022
2saviourfriday9:
u wer no get sense don't u know the same thing has happened to someone around this my area so that is the solution

Hehehehe
You're not smart at all. Not by a long shot.
He was referring to you unsolicited capping about the brand of the car.
What has the type of car got to do with this post.
Sabinus wey no get sense grin
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by v2: 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
It is as a result of poor tool handling skill.

If it's something you know how to do very well you won't even see a scratch on your hand. You struggled through the process.

Even outside Nigeria, people dey change tyre grin
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by seunlizy(f): 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2022
Op, use methylated spirt, and she butter .pele
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by 3kay945(m): 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:

What kind of Jack have you? I guess it's not the hydraulic type.

Na bad Jack dey make changing of tyre hard.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by 3kay945(m): 5:19pm On Apr 27, 2022
joshuaidibia:

I changed my first tyre yesterday. Luckily for me I noticed it before I left the house. The sweat that followed, I had to change my shirt to another. I felt like Dwayne Johnson afterwards with my wife hailing me

grin tongue
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Aaay: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2022
Really
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2022
Sir, u never do any hustle before… chai
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by donbenie(m): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2022
flejnr2:
Omo na tire you change or na farm you go?
Lol..
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by paix(m): 9:44pm On Apr 27, 2022
Get the electric jack that connects to the car cigarette lighter.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Settright(m): 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
Get warm Water add salt then put your hand in it intermittently U will be ok with that
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Kingd6th: 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:

baba I suggest u do it often so ur hands get use to it just for emergency sake
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by drlateef: 3:00am On Apr 30, 2022
Dailyparrot:

The glove box in your car is meant for keeping gloves that will be needed in your situation. It helps prevent harm to your hands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Parking Lot At The American University Of Dubai! (Pictures) / Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.