Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders (43898 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Free Hymn For Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by cgift(m): 12:10pm On Aug 14, 2007
Using the physical to control the spiritual will have some effect but definately not significant. If you like wear a cassack or garment, perverts will be perverts. On the trouser-banning thing, church authoritis usually prohibit workers from doing it not regular members. In my church (not Redeem), female workers also were told not to put on trousers (my wife is one) so she stopped if she must continue to work in the church.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Orikinla(m): 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2007
Must ladies wear trousers?

Personally, I think babes and ladies look amusing in trousers.
Funny really.

I prefer a lady dressed as a lady.

There are ladies who actually look like comics in trousers.

Does any lady need a shaving powder? grin
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Banderas(m): 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2007
Oriki, may I ask, how do ladies dress?
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Allta(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2007
If this is about Workers, then it's only logical to say the main reason is to instill some form of decency/conformity into Workers. It's doesn't mean GO asked them to stop wearing Trousers because some of them are guilty of leading "Brothers" to Hell!

Like I said, understand if it's about "looking smart", "conformity" of some sort, even some Banks say what people should wear and what not to wear, at the end of the day, it's down to the policy of the organisation you're working with/under. If you're not happy then move on, if you're then stay , period! Every organisation reserve the right to effect policies it deems ok which "jells" well with the image building and mission/vision of the same.

Peace Out!
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by phatayee(m): 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2007
Kudos to Pastor Adeboye for this riot act, most of our mother to be thought that morality & decency has noting to do with religion, Thank you Papa Adboye
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by dremoney(m): 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2007
pretty a good news
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by lovemajek(f): 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2007
but everybody no agreed to the good action.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by pilgrim1(f): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2007
But wait first. . . does it mean that no RCCG member in the house to give us clear confirmation on what was actually said by the G.O. on this matter? undecided
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by otokx(m): 6:32am On Aug 15, 2007
what is all this ostrich talk about "touch not, do prophet no harm sh**t?"
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Allta(m): 10:35am On Aug 15, 2007

@ otokx

what is all this ostrich talk about "touch not, do prophet no harm sh**t?"

I'm a Christian and a free-thinker in my own opinion, I must admit that a lot of us use Bible verses out of context, the phrase "touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm" never referred to "Don't speak/speculate about his Prophet"; Touch from that phrase coined from the Hebrew word naw-gah' literally means strike as in to be stricken , harmed, defeated, , and King David was rejoicing and celebrating around the "Ark of God" when he started singing and admonishing the isrealites around him.

1 Chronicles 16:19 - 22 :-

19 When they were only a few in number, Very few, and strangers in it,
20 And they wandered about from nation to nation, And from one kingdom to another people,
21 He permitted no man to oppress them, And He reproved kings for their sakes, saying,
22 "Do not touch My anointed ones, And do My prophets no harm."

So that verse didn't mean we shouldn't express our views about the "Men of God", but indeed, David reminded the Isrealites that although they were few, but God had promised that no one will harm them when they move from nations to nations.

So, this is what the Fuss is all about.

Peace Out!
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by lovemajek(f): 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2007
You can not be a christian and freethinker at the same time, pls, decide on one because the kingdom of heaven is here.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Allta(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2007

You can not be a christian and freethinker at the same time, please, decide on one because the kingdom of heaven is here.

Definitions:

1. Christian:- Follower and Emulator of Christ, someone who believes in Christ and his teachings.

2. Free Thinker:- when applied to religion, the philosophy of freethought holds that, given presently-known facts, established scientific theories, and logical principles, there is insufficient evidence to support the existence of supernatural phenomena.

Does this mean I can't be a Christian and still think freely , please clarify, does this mean I have to take everything that comes from my Pastor without verifying it?

Or maybe I'm mixing things up, maybe Freethinking is different from Thinking Freely, but I am cmoing from the perspective that, I have to search every thing and hold on only to the truth, even things that our Pastors say on the pulpits, shouldn't we still go back and get our own understanding to things, Your comment is highly appreciated.

Peace Out!
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by lovemajek(f): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2007
you are suppose to believe your pastor before going to the church, so if you dont belive the pastor of the church younow attend, then leave and find another church where the pastor is saying not but the truth. Pastor were the spokeman for GOD almighty.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by isiimobhio(f): 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2007
there are male and female trousers , likewise shirts. A man cannot wear a womans trouser likewise a woman cant wear a mans shirts and trousers. In eastern part of naija and the niger delta men and women tie wrappers but the mens style are different from the womens (nevertheless its still wrappers) but we dont frown at the men and claim they are wearing womens clothes because the styles are different, but we complain and  angryclose our eyes when it comes to women wearing female trousers . talk of double standards. angry
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by wendymanda: 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2007
there are male and female trousers , likewise shirts. A man cannot wear a womans trouser likewise a woman can't wear a mans shirts and trousers. In eastern part of naija and the niger delta men and women tie wrappers but the mens style are different from the womens (nevertheless its still wrappers) but we don't frown at the men and claim they are wearing womens clothes because the styles are different, but we complain and angryclose our eyes when it comes to women wearing female trousers . talk of double standards.

Tell themm. THank you very much for this one my sister.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2007
Any girl who finds trousers (pants) in her size,even if it's size 24,should buy it and wear it smiley smiley but if you are redeemed member,respect  and obey the man of God and wear a skirt to church.
It's as simple as that.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by icezik1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2007
Yeah! I agree with this. Afterall since you are going to church why should you not dress respectably. I am not saying that wearing trousers is bad but the way people misuse them makes me agree with the pastor. He should ban mini- skirts as well. All these chicks trying to tempt us in the house of God! cool
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by naira4doll(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2007
Interesting, I like this
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Guk: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2007
Its all Much Ado About Nothing but expression of passion, frustration, anger etc.

My take is that if Night clubs; Restaurants; Cornershops; Mosques; Synagouges; Monastries etc reserve the right to admit those they wish to admit and turn back those who do not meet their requirement, why so much Hulabaloo about an alleged pronouncement by 1 Church Leader amongst millions of Church leaders.

The constitution of the Fed Rep of Nigeria guarantees Freedom of Worship, so, if you find this pronouncement restrictive, you have the Freedom to move on.

By the way, where were you were Jim Jones was inductrinating peeople to their death in Tragedy in Guyana. Where were you when David Koresh was was poisoning minds in Waco.

Jesus himself said God is seeking for Worshippers who will worship Him inSpirit and in Truth.

About dressing? the questions are do i think about what am wearing? Do i look at myself in the mirror and acknowledge how appropraite my dressing is, for what ever occassion; have you not considered what to wear for various occassions e.g. meeting a new date; attending a Job interview; meeting my prospective inlaws? If i do consider those, why should i not consider what i wear to places of worship? Ol'boy, let eveybody search his/her mind. Nairaland will not defend you on the day of Judgement (i.e. if you believe that any exists)
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by petogunlad(m): 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2007
[color=#000099]b]Calvary greeting to you out there!!!,

Concerning the banning of trouser in RCCG, I will like you[color=#000099]
people to understand this one thing that the foundations of God stand sure, in other word, God knows His own people. I believe the ban came as the reasoned of the Holy Spirit, cos I know G.O can not do any thing without the knowledge of Holy Spirit. Also I will like to let you know those of you that are making mention of white men. Let us separate this from religion aspect, let view it in cultural aspect, you all know what our culture entails. But cos of civilisation things have change. I will want you to amend your ways all of you that are still wearint trouser and have something nice, that glorify God to wear.

peace Be with You all !!![/b][/color]
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by tinu97(f): 11:16am On Aug 21, 2007
the bible says the foundation of God standeth sure having this seal, the Lord know those that are his and let every one that nameth the name of the Lord depart from iniquity 1 TIMOTHY 2:19,

[i]the bible also say we should lay aside every weight and sins that easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is ahead of us[/i]
looking unt Jesus the authour and the finisher of our faith,
who for the joy that wass set a head of him endure the cross, despised the shame and he is sitting at the right hand of God. (hebrew12
:1-2)

the bible says come out of them and be ye separate, do not touch unclean thing, and i will receive you, I will be you father and ye shall be my sons and daughters says the Almighty God. II corintians 6:17-18,

What My G.O is saying is that the standard of God has not changed. The world is civilised today but God's word remain Constant.
I f I say I am a christain, then I should be able to dress like a christian.
but the problem of most of us is that we want to be called by the name of God yet we don't want to act or dress  by the name we profess.

If i may ask one question, what do you understand by the word Christian,
Christain simply means christ followers, and if we are truely christains then we should be ready to let go some things for christ[/b].

As for me o, I love trousers, it fits me, I look smart in it  but i don't wear it.
I don't wear trouses  because of my love for JESUS.

I AM READY TO LET GO ANYTHING FOR GOD

WE SHOULD ALL KNOW  THAT THE BIBLE SAYS WE SHOULD SUBMIT TO ALL AUTHORITY. IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD AND YOU FEEL YOU CANNOT COPE WITH THE RULE AND REGULATIONS THEN CHANGE YOUR CHURCH.[b] IT IS NOT A SIN TO CHANGE YOUR CHURCH BUT IT IS A SIN TO STILL REMAIN IN REDEEM AND DISOBEY THE RULE AND REGULATIONS OF REDEEM.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by takeastand(f): 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2007
hi everyone,from time immemorial women and trousers have been an issue but as G- gir says which tallies with what God's word says the Holy Spirit ministers to everyone. it is left for you to listen or not, then to carry it out or not. for it is one thing to listen and another to obey. I don't wear trousers, not because i consider it wrong but because i never really got used to the idea. the same reason why i dont wear bandanas or red panties. yes I had to go there cos its all a matter of taste. i buy trousers for my sisters and do tell them which one fits them or not. i dont wear trousers but I WEAR NEAR LENGTH COMBAT SHORTS. yes you might say they are one and the saqme thing but to me they are not. i love combat shorts because of the so many pockets. let me get biblical on you. the word of God says in Eccl. that to every thing there is a season. i am learning to be another Nigerian Lady Mechanic. AM I SUPPOSED TO GO UNDER CARS WIT A SKIRT? wont that cause MORE HARM? all nigerian graduates go through NYSC. Should women now wear skirts for this compulsory service or should i go to the service corporation with "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN" for permission to wear skirts? indeed to everything there is a saeson. Let me ot go into the numerous hassles ladies go through to take molue or danfo every day. let me not talk about the okada. let me not talk about the gym or even in climbing and cleaning the house. lipsrsealed
Has anyone actually seen that underneath that DEUT 22:5 which every adherent is ready to qoute there is a DEU 22: 11? it simply says that we should not wear TWO DIFFERENT MATERIAL AT THE SAME TIME. that means that virtually every person who reads this thread HAS SINNED, IS SINNING AND WILL CONTINUE TO SIN UNTIL YOU PULL ONE OFF. all school children are sinning cos there is hardly any uniform that is not sewn with 2 different materials. that why the bible says that Wisdom is the principal thing, so above all things GET WISDOM. The reason for that particular Deut 22: 5 is to distinguish btw men and women to avoid homosexuality. in the old testament every one wore gowns even Jesus himself. they were differentiated from the tassles sown at the corners of the cloth. dont forget that even men covered their hair especially the priests. likewise women. so it was quite difficult to distinguish btw both sexes at night. God did not want that and still doesnt. he made us different. but then did the bible mention trousers? thats another argument. beleive me to him that is pure all things are pure, and anthing done of faith IS NOT A SIN. tHAT WHY david could eat bread for the priests, th why paul could eat foods offered to idols that why you can wear trousers or any other dressing. the question is "is the end result to God's glory? is it of faith?. i have a great figure. but i can wear a pair of trousers and you would call me madam, but i can wear an ankle length skirt and sway in it so much so i can call all soilders to attention. any girl one knows her body can do it. G-girl should know what I am talking about. But does it glorify God? [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by takeastand(f): 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2007
[b]let me also add that if the generel overseer had actually made this proclamation, he must have made it under the unction of the Holy Spirit. All he has to do is speak as Moses did. IF God gave him this word then there must be a reason for it. He must have noticed something that was putting their gaze away from Jesus the author and finisher of our faith and if your left hand will cause you not to enter the kingdom of God cut it off. if trousers are one's left eye in this case then cast it off. IT DOES NOT MAKE WEARING TROUSERS FOR NON RCCG MEMBERS WRONG. you might accuse me of double standard but let me explain myself. when God called John the Baptist, his food was restricted to locust and wild honey. his dressing to skin. it follows that all person who is a follwer of John the Baptist eats the same thing. thats why they were not "eating and drinking" as Jesus was. if John was doing one thing and his followers doing another then there wld be chaos. a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. does it now mean that every person who is not eating only locust and wild honey is not a minister of GOD? WHEN God calls a someone He gives him a word and the person should run wit it. from time to time He may also drop revealations int the ears of His ministers and they should take effect immediately. so all RCCG members should adhere to the word of the Genereal overseer who in this case is the MOUTHPIECE OF GOD, if indeed he made that proclamation.[/b]
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by seun001(m): 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2007
chei,see quotes,both irrelevant and out of context.this is my problem with some christians,dont wear trousers,ok,if u cant abide by it go to anoda church.why all this irrelevant qoutes to buttress your point.you just quote to suit your own interpretation.abeg
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by PRINCELIVE: 7:34am On Aug 23, 2007
GOD IS WORKING WITH THE G.O
THAT THING HAVE BEEN EATING ME UP THAN GOD FOR PASTOR LIVELONG AS MY NAME
PRINCELIVELONG ABUJA
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by lovemajek(f): 1:50am On Aug 25, 2007
Keep praying for the remainnig atrocities.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by gbadex1(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2007
well, if hunnies are still wearing trousers to church, then all we gotta do is mack tight, fellas. Frag it, a skirt still ain't bad though. But then, in the spirit of brotherhood, keep it pimpin' , pimpin' tongue
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by gbadex1(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2007
well, if hunnies are still wearing trousers to church, then all we gotta do is mack tight, fellas. Frag it, a skirt still ain't bad though. But then, in the spirit of brotherhood, keep it pimpin' , pimpin' tongue
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by iyaaje(m): 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2007
how about dis one for sunday service?

Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Ivvie: 2:05am On Aug 28, 2007
One thing is definite. Other churches will follow what Redeem has sanctioned. Women wearing trousers is wrong and at the same time ungodly. It's getting to the point were nobody knows the truth. Redeem is one of the greatest churches ever. You cannot compare it to the Hollywood churches of Benny Hinn and Joel Osteen (I pity people). We'll always have holiness and "the rest." Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband and he shall rule over thee. This has been the principle and holding factor that has governed life shortly after woman was created. Women will always desire a man's status but God has proclaimed that man will rule over woman. Women through the ages have flunctuated in their lust for the "ideal" figure all because men never come to a conclusion. All the principles of feminism is against this very scripture but Psalms makes it clear that the Lord sits on his holy throne laughing at those that establish counsels against the Lord and his anointed one. All these trouser stuff is approximately 50 years and the goal of those who started this is to make the earth matriarchal. American history students will date this issue back to the early '70's around the time when abortion was legalised and the rise of breast cancer began to sour. The WORD of God is forever settled and nothing will change the divine order that has been set.

Sheila Cronam said, "Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women's movement must concentrate on attacking this institution. Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of marriage."

November of 1971 when they laid out their agenda and this is what it says, "The end of the institution of marriage is necessary for the liberation of women; therefore, it is important for us to encourage women to leave their husbands and not live individually with men. All of history must be rewritten in terms of oppression of women. We must go back to ancient female religions like witchcraft!" Mark that, "We must go back to ancient female religions like witchcraft!"

This is known as the "Declaration of Feminism." Ever since, we've had words like sexism, chauvists and etc. Bringing this gnostic into the church will not go well with a Christ-like life. Women have been their own men and have been their own women. I read a few days ago that the days of men are numbered as women wouldn't need men to replenish the earth.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by seun001(m): 7:22am On Aug 28, 2007
Ivvie:

One thing is definite. Other churches will follow what Redeem has sanctioned. Women wearing trousers is wrong and at the same time ungodly. It's getting to the point were nobody knows the truth. Redeem is one of the greatest churches ever. You cannot compare it to the Hollywood churches of Benny Hinn and Joel Osteen (I pity people). We'll always have holiness and "the rest." Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband and he shall rule over thee. This has been the principle and holding factor that has governed life shortly after woman was created. Women will always desire a man's status but God has proclaimed that man will rule over woman. Women through the ages have flunctuated in their lust for the "ideal" figure all because men never come to a conclusion. All the principles of feminism is against this very scripture but Psalms makes it clear that the Lord sits on his holy throne laughing at those that establish counsels against the Lord and his anointed one. All these trouser stuff is approximately 50 years and the goal of those who started this is to make the earth matriarchal. American history students will date this issue back to the early '70's around the time when abortion was legalised and the rise of breast cancer began to sour. The WORD of God is forever settled and nothing will change the divine order that has been set.

Sheila Cronam said, "Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women's movement must concentrate on attacking this institution. Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of marriage."

November of 1971 when they laid out their agenda and this is what it says, "The end of the institution of marriage is necessary for the liberation of women; therefore, it is important for us to encourage women to leave their husbands and not live individually with men. All of history must be rewritten in terms of oppression of women. We must go back to ancient female religions like witchcraft!" Mark that, "We must go back to ancient female religions like witchcraft!"

This is known as the "Declaration of Feminism." Ever since, we've had words like sexism, chauvists and etc. Bringing this gnostic into the church will not go well with a Christ-like life. Women have been their own men and have been their own women. I read a few days ago that the days of men are numbered as women wouldn't need men to replenish the earth.

WOW!this is a totally different angle!
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by pilgrim1(f): 7:50am On Aug 28, 2007
Ivvie:

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband and he shall rule over thee. This has been the principle and holding factor that has governed life shortly after woman was created. Women will always desire a man's status but God has proclaimed that man will rule over woman.

I think you've clearly mixed up issues here. The proclamation that 'thy desire shall be to thy husband' does not translate into "Women will always desire a man's status"! That simply takes the whole matter away from the WORD while quoting from it.

What really is the status of a man? Do men even know what their "status" is? That verse was not discussing a woman's desire to a man's status. It simply says her desire shall be to her husband - which simply points to fellowship.

Besides, the wearing of trousers or not is not the issue at all. We've come a long way to establishing the fact that "trousers" were never mentioned in Scripture - and only men have tried to read it into the Bible. The basic principle is simply that men should not dress like women, and women should not dress like men! It has nothing to do with anyone wearing trousers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2020 Prophecies By Prophet Joshua Iginla / Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.