Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,423 members, 7,830,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) (44917 Views)

Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by vivalavida(m): 5:56pm On May 02, 2022
ironheart:
Honda builds solid engines, when you see a smoking honda motor, then you have seen an irresponsible man

Omo your statement off me grin grin grin

Na real irresponsible man e be.

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by mabea: 5:59pm On May 02, 2022
cerebralniggie1:

How's your analysis different from the regular beer parlour analysis? I was expecting you to reel out facts and statistics but got disappointed after reading through
My brother, he didn't even prove anything only repeating the so called beer parlour gist in a different way. To even think that people hail him for making some good points is more disappointing as he ended up saying nothing new.

3 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Quim2: 6:02pm On May 02, 2022
ChristineC:
buy one to know.
many tundra engines have been recorded to cross a million KM on stock configurations hauling everything and ass.
what the hell is common traffic?

I get you now
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by eekong87: 6:05pm On May 02, 2022
henolo:
hmmm
InMotion ICT HUB presents the CHANGE YOUR FUTURE training programme.

The future is IT, and we bring you this opportunity to take advantage of it.

The CHANGE YOUR FUTURE training programme contains courses on:
• Software development
• Web development
• Mobile Apps development

The InMotion advantage is that our best performing students get to intern with us for 6 months to 1 year, while garnering a wealth of experience in a Global Tech Company!

Want to register today?
check my profile for contact details
Yes I will love to learn
Here is ma WhatsApp number 08060501886
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by mabea: 6:10pm On May 02, 2022
coolhumble:
I have used the two models and I can tell you for a fact that 1 Honda engine will outlived two toyota engines. But every model with their issues.
The only honest comment here

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Anndrew(m): 6:17pm On May 02, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

You want to tell me you don't know that Lexus is Toyota?
lolz..and the fact,both Honda and Toyota are brothers made by Japan..
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Charly68: 6:23pm On May 02, 2022
quentin06:

Not from , 2015, Honda uses GDI engines, these engines have problem of fuel mixing twith oil, they also use CVT tranny, nice if bought brand new, very low second hand value.
not good then
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by johnlegend01: 6:31pm On May 02, 2022
Honda?! BAE!
Been using Accord 2004 for 4years+ and have never regretted it. I have only changed my lower ball joints twice despite not plying only smooth roads.
When your ball joint pulls too soon, hold the mechanic responsible.
I car has not visited a mechanic in 16months. I service and change other consumables myself. No issues that will for me to visit a mechanic.

Toyota?! I believe it is a very good brand. People rock it and enjoy it. It has to be good to see that much of it around.

Proper maintenance is key for all car brands.

My next car brand? HONDA!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by coolhumble(m): 6:38pm On May 02, 2022
You know what you are saying.

nairaman66:
Honda cars beat Toyota in every way.

The only drawback in Honda cars is just the legs which they have rectified from 0/12 upwards.

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Myer(m): 6:39pm On May 02, 2022
Bobbyjay001:
I have never used a car in my life but planning to get one in the nearest future.

I have been planning to myself a Toyota car but the reviews I get on this wonderful brand is scary.

Check the pictures below and read reviews as per these cars' engine and give your honest opinions/reviews.

Honda and Toyota owners, o we to you.

I believe before you take any comment here seriously, you should bear in mind that buying a Nigerian used car is different from buying Toks and certainly much different from buying brand new.

So do your due diligence to know the category each commenter falls in before taking their opinion as valid.

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Anndrew(m): 6:50pm On May 02, 2022
Jollos:
I once watched a documentary on Honda and Toyota. Both brand engine oil was totally drained before starting them. It was Toyota that first nock while Honda work for a long period of time before it off.

I don't know how far it is true, but I had a professor said if it is red oil just pour it inside Honda engine it will work. To tell u how rugged they are
yeah..u are right....Honda build engine...anything engine just give it to honda

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by 3kay945(m): 7:00pm On May 02, 2022
SambankmanFried:
well i have used lots of hondas
their engines are mad
i once drove a pilot from uyo 5am to lagos, got to lagos ibadan traffic by 7pm stayed in the traffic till 12 in the night - saw tundras and big suvs overheating in the traffic
but this honda (07) pilot got to the house in lagos by 1am in the night and water and everything sounding like it did not just run for a whole day shocked shocked

Ehn, so Pilot strong like this? I once laughed at a pilot that got stuck in small sandy area that rx300 stylishly stroll passed. Thanks for this info. cool
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Ivimmanuel: 7:05pm On May 02, 2022
9japarts:
Gravatar has made some valid points.

Many people use Toyota, more than other brands in Nigeria, same people abuse their vehicles heavily. Part sellers will stock parts that in high demand, which happen to be Toyotas.

Most used engines in Ladipo are rebuilt, not just Toyota engines, don't take my word for it, just walk around the market. Except you are buying directly from the container, and you have to know what you are doing to be able to. And yes, more Toyota engines are rebuilt, because there is a higher demand for it.

As a first time car user. You are safe with known brands if you will be travelling a lot within the country. Getting a Toyota, Honda, mechanic won't be hard.

If you want to use the vehicle for transport. Check the route you will be using, what vehicles are common. Even within a state, there are particular brands used there. For example in Lagos. Epe, Ajah, ibeju axis: Opel Zafira, Korope : Itoikin Ikorodu axis: Mazda mpv, Ikorodu to Oshodi axis: Volkswagen bus, mazda bus, etc. If your vehicle breaks down along that route, you are sure of getting a mechanic to fix the problem.

Generally, it is car users that are brand loyalist. The manufacturer across board buy parts from largely the same manufacturer and assemble. That is why the base price for new vehicles in the same category are just slightly different. They adopt and improve on the same technology.

But whatever you like.
very nice
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by 3kay945(m): 7:15pm On May 02, 2022
Famahzing:
No lies Honda is bae but the problem na that him ball joint matter, I use an Acura TL and I gotta say even though living in an area where motor parts are expensive the Acura parts are still pretty much affordable. Honda and Acura are for managing guys like us cos the cruise in it is dope and the parts are madly cheap since everyone don decide to join the Toyota band wagon.

Am considering this Acura TL after my rx300
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by 3kay945(m): 7:23pm On May 02, 2022
BJanta:

This guy's advice is your take unless you're born a dullard and raised as one . I had wanted to post and refer you to to Google where I read recently about Toyota as being number one in the world in their category , all their brands. I don’t know why people come to this beer parlour, called Nairaland, located in the jungle to seek advice. Nairaland is a shanty city of dullard, fools, idiots, never-do-wells, illiterates, semi-literates, scammers, druggies, the poor, the hopeless , the wretched, goons, urchins, area boys, agberos, etc.

Ogbeni take am easy na, all these name calling for us the nairalanders.? cool wetin we do you sef.

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Bleiz(m): 7:27pm On May 02, 2022
ironheart:
whatever smoke it is. Cos i realise when Honda start bringing out smoke the engine must have been having that issue for quite a while before that smoke becomes obvious

A spoilt brain box can bring out black smoke.

Blue smoke and white smoke can be internal seals gone bad which can't be predicted.

I will still tell you to calm down.

Honda engines are strong but that doesn't mean they can't suddenly go bad without those signs you're talking about
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Snakedoctor1: 7:31pm On May 02, 2022
foryourminding:
There is a reason why you will see only Toyota when push comes to shove eg during a war, both military and terrorist use Toyota. Anywhere in the world especially US Military and United Nations Patrol.

Toyota (and their luxury brand Lexus) is the most reliable car brand in the world, and the most popular.

Anything that will make a Toyota spoil, that means another brand like Honda, Mercedes or BMW will break into 10,000 pieces.

Toyota cars are in high demand due to reliability, efficiency and ease. So what spare parts do you think the buyers of these cars will use in repairing their cars? Definitely not a Honda or Porsche or Rolls Royce. They will use a Toyota.

2ndly, Toyota is very costly in the secondhand market because they hold their resale value.

Take for instance a Mercedes C240 of 2003 vs Toyota Corolla of 2003. One is an entry-level utility car. One is luxury car. Both are 19 years old. Both are available in the tokunbo market for 2.5m.

But while the Toyota was sold for $17,000 as brand new, the Mercedes was sold for $42,000 when it was brand new.

But today the Corolla is the same price or even surpasses the Mercedes in secondhand/tokunbo.

Even Benz is more reliable than Toyota.
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by foryourminding: 7:52pm On May 02, 2022
Snakedoctor1:

Even Benz is more reliable than Toyota.
And they couldn't reach top 20 in reliability list? You must think reliability means beauty or being the car everyone over-hypes or use in music videos.

Just say: Benzedes is my dream car or Lamborghini is my dream car - even though we all know you will later end up with a Toyota when you can finally afford a car.

3 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by 3kay945(m): 7:53pm On May 02, 2022
johnlegend01:
Honda?! BAE!
Been using Accord 2004 for 4years+ and have never regretted it. I have only changed my lower ball joints twice despite not plying only smooth roads.
When your ball joint pulls too soon, hold the mechanic responsible.
I car has not visited a mechanic in 16months. I service and change other consumables myself. No issues that will for me to visit a mechanic.

Toyota?! I believe it is a very good brand. People rock it and enjoy it. It has to be good to see that much of it around.

Proper maintenance is key for all car brands.

My next car brand? HONDA!

Your BAE hasn't pull leg on you in the middle of the road before? Just asking for a friend.

I remember when I wanted to get my lexus almost five years ago,. I was at a point considering Honda,. But then, no three days passes for me not seeing a Honda with broken leg. grin

I told myself, the good Lord has spoken. Na so I erased the evil thoughts of Honda in my head. grin
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by femarse: 8:07pm On May 02, 2022
AbduI05:

That's the thing about liars, they say so many things that eventually they would forget knowledgeable people exist that can easily detect their lies grin

And that is where your own problem lies .... Thinking a tundra can not overheat because it was made in heaven ... It can not even have any fault because it was made by toyota so we got to conclude that the problem is not with toyota it is all toyota driver (not nigeria drivers) looks like honda drivers take maintenance serious and toyota driver are the most useless, we cant blame the car right ? Lets blame the driver then
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by femarse: 8:11pm On May 02, 2022
Flier:
I don’t see any argument here,if you ever use both Honda and Toyota you will see a very clear different
I used Honda baby boy,HOD and evil spirit,they are all useless cars,always suffers electrical problem,gear problem,engine problem and several other problem and worst of all broken leg as my friends call it
If the water inside your Honda car sudden finish or your Engine oil is low,you are in trouble,you may need to buy another engine
Anyway if you like yourself avoid Honda like plague,Infact people are not even buying it like before

I guess you are the reckless one here and your post does not have a single logic to it so the baby boy give you problem so much u are not wise enough u still buy EOD then it problemize your life so much u buy evil spirit ... You dont think its you something is wrong with?

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Flier: 8:25pm On May 02, 2022
femarse:

I guess you are the reckless one here and your post does not have a single logic to it so the baby boy give you problem so much u are not wise enough u still buy EOD then it problemize your life so much u buy evil spirit ... You dont think its you something is wrong with?
You are probably a generation z,then it was either Honda or Nothing
So I didn’t know Honda wasn’t good till I tested Toyota

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Flier: 8:28pm On May 02, 2022
Adejuwonhis:
Boss I sell cars bro the demand for Honda is very high while people are not willing to sell bro
Not in south west.
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Anndrew(m): 8:43pm On May 02, 2022
aidameoryou:

Who told you Samsung sells more phone than iPhone
that a fact..never argue that

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by femarse: 8:44pm On May 02, 2022
Flier:
You are probably a generation z,then it was either Honda or Nothing
So I didn’t know Honda wasn’t good till I tested Toyota
Just so u know, i drive both
Honda, u worry about the leg, the only thing u worry about
Toyota... U worry about the engine ...
The honda leg (joint) is 12k, the toyota engine is 450k.... Choose your poison

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by sunbreaker: 9:11pm On May 02, 2022
skywalker240:

Right behind you with my keke maruwa with mercedes insignia grin
convoy with gator and ladder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by gevans(m): 9:17pm On May 02, 2022
femarse:

Exactly the challenge I am currently having with my car

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Flier: 9:18pm On May 02, 2022
femarse:

Who told you I am worried about Toyota engine ? Toyota has the best engine out of the 2
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by iliyande(m): 9:50pm On May 02, 2022
skywalker240:

Right behind you with my keke maruwa with mercedes insignia grin

Opel Insignia (2020)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Sambab(m): 10:04pm On May 02, 2022
After Benz,
BMW...
Then, next is Honda
Before Toyota.

I have used Toyota .. also I have used Honda
But I always enjoying Honda engine than Toyota... It's hardly you see Honda engine with timing belt issue, but most Toyota have timing problem, especially Camry.

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Lokoyen(m): 10:10pm On May 02, 2022
LaSenior:
na lie ooo honda even latest models dey pull legs .... Honda crosstour and zdx dey pull legs

Honda is Better than Toyota in times of performance but durability Toyota dey flog am wella

Which brand no dey pull leg? LOL

Tacoma na baba for pull leg

I have seen Pencil light pull leg

I have seen Toyota Corrola pull leg

I have seen mercedes pull leg

It all about maintenance my broda.

If you abuse ur Toyota e go pull leg.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? / EFCC Auctions 435 Forfeited Vehicles In Lagos (photos) / Nigerian Man Shows Off His Vehicle Made With Locally Sourced Materials. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.