Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) (44910 Views)

Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by dangoteinlaw: 1:55pm On May 02, 2022
Back 2014 my first Toyota car tiny light, used. After buying I kept using didn't bother to take to mechnfor check up and up till two months I was using it like that not even to service. When I finally decided to visit the mechanic u need to see how black the oil has gotten, the mechanic told me the legs are all gone and I was even lucky the car engine didn't knock, a Honda couldn't have managed that.
In Nigeria we have alot of things to worry about than servicing a car at the right time or changing legs , keeping a car engine clean bla bla bla like those Honda users claim to do regularly. Toyota is the car for Africa. Just wake up, start ur car and go.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:59pm On May 02, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Omo both Toyota and Honda sef no be my taste grin grin grin

I wan hustle well well make I obtain Lexus...
Dem say Lexus na di upgraded version of Toyota, so wetin go happen now ahbobi?

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by space9880: 1:59pm On May 02, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Grab my weed to read and learn some dope shit
Howfar bro
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 02, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Lexus is Toyota, Toyota is Lexus. grin

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Bobbyjay001(m): 2:00pm On May 02, 2022
Kingpele:
Hahaha mr gravatar you dey tryoo..I pray Toyota brand pick your call ...now to the topic I prefer Toyota brand to Honda. but you see I have Honda SUV ,Toyota premier, benz ,I dey feel the benz more. Every car brand is ok it all depends on your pocket, pockets determine desire..the op should tell us how much he can part with to get a good whip then we can advise him...is a pity we are not even talking about our own indigenous auto makers like innoson and co ..but are wasting our data on foreign brands

How many Nigerians can afford a brand new Innosun car? Despite it being indigenous. Does Innoson sell Tokunbo cars?

If its tokunbo or second is readily available in the market, then we can compare and contrast.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Bobbyjay001(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2022
Rastaramsey:

No be Toyota dey make Lexus?
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Quim2: 2:03pm On May 02, 2022
ChristineC:
imagine praising a pilot engine where a tundra engine is being shot down.
stuff of legends.

Pls what's special about this Tundra?
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Neoteny7: 2:10pm On May 02, 2022
Bobbyjay001:
I have never used a car in my life but planning to get one in the nearest future.

I have been planning to myself a Toyota car but the reviews I get on this wonderful brand is scary.

Check the pictures below and read reviews as per these cars' engine and give your honest opinions/reviews.

Honda and Toyota owners, o we to you.

Nigerians exaggerate issues with cars simply because of persistent urban legends and myths created by ignorant dealers and mechanics.

Unless there's a recall on any vehicle, most of these problems are hyperbolic and fictitious, mostly stemming from a bad maintenance and repair culture.

Many cars on Nigerian roads are driven with Check Engine/MIL lights on, but the drivers and owners and mechanics turn a blind eye and tell you as long as the car starts and drives (no matter how poorly) there's no reason to bother. Imagine a pilot telling his passengers that a red caution light is nothing to bother about.

Also, the wrong engine oil viscosity is often used, going for brands instead of the right SAE number. Same thing with using the wrong DOT specification for brake hydraulics.

Don't believe the hype. Go to car forums online, read your manual, do some research.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by cerpvad(m): 2:13pm On May 02, 2022
I used Honda EOD for about six years before I bought a 2009 Toyota corolla. It was then I realized that I had suffered myself for six years driving Honda. Toyota is far a reliable car than Honda. With my 2009 corolla now I no longer have to bother about CV joints or ball joints pulling off while driving. Also I don't have to bother about refilling of power steering pump with power steering oil because my 2009 corolla is with electric power steering system, controlled by the ABS sensors.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Chukwumajr(m): 2:18pm On May 02, 2022
I drive a Toyota 2008 Camry spider sport edition,n I must confess, its d beast in a car, very strong and well fuel economy, that tells u y Camry remain d best selling cars in the US

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Topmaike007(m): 2:21pm On May 02, 2022
Kobicove:

If truly they make better engine then why is it the Toyota sells more cars? undecided
have you ever asked yourself why Samsung sells more phones than iPhone even when we know that iPhone is odogwu grin

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Topmaike007(m): 2:23pm On May 02, 2022
LaSenior:
na lie ooo honda even latest models dey pull legs .... Honda crosstour and zdx dey pull legs

Honda is Better than Toyota in times of performance but durability Toyota dey flog am wella
oga you dey lie my uncle Honda Accord 2015 model wey him don dey use since 3 years ago never comot leg

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Quim2: 2:29pm On May 02, 2022
Itzlinda:

Yes, Honda baby full here, but not Honda Hala.our neighbor has hala but it is the only one I know of in kano

Can we have a word?

You on What's app?
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Olumaeme: 2:30pm On May 02, 2022
prinsam30:

cum Abuja u go see overheating for traffic, mostly na Toyota cars, I go just dey drive my Honda dey pass them like say nothing dey happen, very rugged engine, I dey enter potholes anyhow I no send them

Which of the Abuja traffic Oga?

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by mejai(m): 2:31pm On May 02, 2022
95% Nigerians no suppose dey use motor. Na trekking fit us. Toyota wins cos it tolerates abuse.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by CoronaVirusPro: 2:31pm On May 02, 2022
Honda vs Toyota grin grin grin

Asian scraps!
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by BJanta: 2:31pm On May 02, 2022
Chiraq77:

But you are here too.

As a voice of sanity. Not everybody, even in zoo , is an animal .You have human beings to put crass bestiality in check.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by aidameoryou: 2:35pm On May 02, 2022
ChristineC:
you saw a tundra overheating in traffic? grin

Ask am ooohhh my brother
Tundra overheating in traffic?
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by aidameoryou: 2:41pm On May 02, 2022
motymop:

It's funny that you wrote all these long epistles without even laying one point about why toyota is better than honda.

But if people use it more, and its parts are sold more.
Do you need any more reason to know that this is better than this ?

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by prinsam30: 2:42pm On May 02, 2022
Olumaeme:

Which of the Abuja traffic Oga?

kubwa zuba road, mostly from 6pm, the traffic always starts from oando filing station, down to gwarinpa, through to galadima, sometimes na stand still ooo
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by chinoonew09: 2:44pm On May 02, 2022
pls.. My people!
I prefer Toyota in many ways to compares Honda...
In terms of Engine compartment, Toyota is still mechanic number one!

Toyota and their VVTI Engines are simple the best..
Imagine, Toyota Avelon 2013,v6, are compartible with, highlander, venza, Sienna etc., less consumption of fuels, rugged shocks,
Honda are too buggy to maintain, one who open Honda bonnet may think there is the transformers headquarters.. Excess wires full there.. For mechanic to do his work there, bro, he will suffer..
In everything, have you see Toyota camry hybrid, prius hybrid.. Etc
Go and confirm. First!
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 02, 2022
As a car enthusiast Honda interior is more classy lookin than Toyota both need maintenance and I haven’t really driven them but I know everyone has that one Honda that keep going until the engine died. Same can be said for Toyota too lol personally na Toyota Dey swerve pass for road with number I just Dey match brake because if anything now idi ti ya

Both models are good and affordable I went for Benz because of tradition I must drive the car my ancestors drove

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Adejuwonhis(m): 2:49pm On May 02, 2022
Where u dey stay boss babyboy plenty pass Camry for here
ednut1:
There are still many toyota pencil 2001 on the road. Can you say the same for honda baby boy 2001 Toyota is more durable

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Privatepart00: 2:49pm On May 02, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
Back 2014 my first Toyota car tiny light, used. After buying I kept using didn't bother to take to mechnfor check up and up till two months I was using it like that not even to service. When I finally decided to visit the mechanic u need to see how black the oil has gotten, the mechanic told me the legs are all gone and I was even lucky the car engine didn't knock, a Honda couldn't have managed that.
In Nigeria we have alot of things to worry about than servicing a car at the right time or changing legs , keeping a car engine clean bla bla bla like those Honda users claim to do regularly. Toyota is the car for Africa. Just wake up, start ur car and go.

Same thing happened to my sister's 2008 Toyota Camry, she drove without changing oil for two years, the engine knocked (2014-2016), abandoned at the mechanic workshop in Abuja while she started driving Honda (Discussion continues) . In essence what are you saying?

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by YourFavorite21(m): 2:49pm On May 02, 2022
Honda beats Toyota .
Everybody knows that.
So Make una stop this blind arguments abeg

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Adejuwonhis(m): 2:55pm On May 02, 2022
Boss I sell cars bro the demand for Honda is very high while people are not willing to sell bro
Flier:
I don’t see any argument here,if you ever use both Honda and Toyota you will see a very clear different
I used Honda baby boy,HOD and evil spirit,they are all useless cars,always suffers electrical problem,gear problem,engine problem and several other problem and worst of all broken leg as my friends call it
If the water inside your Honda car sudden finish or your Engine oil is low,you are in trouble,you may need to buy another engine
Anyway if you like yourself avoid Honda like plague,Infact people are not even buying it like before
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by aidameoryou: 2:58pm On May 02, 2022
Topmaike007:
have you ever asked yourself why Samsung sells more phones than iPhone even when we know that iPhone is odogwu grin

Who told you Samsung sells more phone than iPhone

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Topmaike007(m): 3:01pm On May 02, 2022
aidameoryou:

Who told you Samsung sells more phone than iPhone
go online and feed yourself Google is there for you
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Dada4me: 3:07pm On May 02, 2022
9japarts:
Gravatar has made some valid points.

Many people use Toyota, more than other brands in Nigeria, same people abuse their vehicles heavily. Part sellers will stock parts that in high demand, which happen to be Toyotas.

Most used engines in Ladipo are rebuilt, not just Toyota engines, don't take my word for it, just walk around the market. Except you are buying directly from the container, and you have to know what you are doing to be able to. And yes, more Toyota engines are rebuilt, because there is a higher demand for it.

As a first time car user. You are safe with known brands if you will be travelling a lot within the country. Getting a Toyota, Honda, mechanic won't be hard.

If you want to use the vehicle for transport. Check the route you will be using, what vehicles are common. Even within a state, there are particular brands used there. For example in Lagos. Epe, Ajah, ibeju axis: Opel Zafira, Korope : Itoikin Ikorodu axis: Mazda mpv, Ikorodu to Oshodi axis: Volkswagen bus, mazda bus, etc. If your vehicle breaks down along that route, you are sure of getting a mechanic to fix the problem.

Generally, it is car users that are brand loyalist. The manufacturer across board buy parts from largely the same manufacturer and assemble. That is why the base price for new vehicles in the same category are just slightly different. They adopt and improve on the same technology.

But whatever you like.

What I can get here is that both are good, I'm OK with that. Lord bless me so I can afford any one of these two. Please send favour my way and surprise me with the provision before the end of this year in Jesus name.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by coolhumble(m): 3:07pm On May 02, 2022
I have used the two models and I can tell you for a fact that 1 Honda engine will outlived two toyota engines. But every model with their issues.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by gevans(m): 3:09pm On May 02, 2022
Reading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy / Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? / EFCC Auctions 435 Forfeited Vehicles In Lagos (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51