Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) (44923 Views)

Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Charly68: 3:23pm On May 02, 2022
nairaman66:
Honda cars beat Toyota in every way.

The only drawback in Honda cars is just the legs which they have rectified from 0/12 upwards.
Thanks for the update..2012 models upward has no leg issue ..!

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Charly68: 3:25pm On May 02, 2022
SambankmanFried:
well i have used lots of hondas
their engines are mad
i once drove a pilot from uyo 5am to lagos, got to lagos ibadan traffic by 7pm stayed in the traffic till 12 in the night - saw tundras and big suvs overheating in the traffic
but this honda (07) pilot got to the house in lagos by 1am in the night and water and everything sounding like it did not just run for a whole day shocked shocked
wonderful..thanks for sharing
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 3:27pm On May 02, 2022
Bobbyjay001:
I have never used a car in my life but planning to get one in the nearest future.

I have been planning to myself a Toyota car but the reviews I get on this wonderful brand is scary.

Check the pictures below and read reviews as per these cars' engine and give your honest opinions/reviews.

Honda and Toyota owners, o we to you.

OP, please save yourself a lot of aggravation, just buy what looks good to you. Life is too short. Enjoy your self.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by nairaman66(m): 3:28pm On May 02, 2022
Charly68:
Thanks for the update..2012 models upward has no leg issue ..!

You are welcome! grin
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Charly68: 3:29pm On May 02, 2022
ironheart:
Honda builds solid engines, when you see a smoking honda motor, then you have seen an irresponsible man
Aah!
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by kizyalex10(m): 3:31pm On May 02, 2022
Bobbyjay001:
I have never used a car in my life but planning to get one in the nearest future.

I have been planning to myself a Toyota car but the reviews I get on this wonderful brand is scary.

Check the pictures below and read reviews as per these cars' engine and give your honest opinions/reviews.I’m previledged to have driven both cars and I can tell u that Toyota is stronger but for engine,give it up to Honda they re times 10 better than toyota

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by OfficialDJ: 3:40pm On May 02, 2022
Jollos:
I once watched a documentary on Honda and Toyota. Both brand engine oil was totally drained before starting them. It was Toyota that first nock while Honda work for a long period of time before it off.

I don't know how far it is true, but I had a professor said if it is red oil just pour it inside Honda engine it will work. To tell u how rugged they are
Matt Watson's Car Wow YouTube channel.

I'm not interested in arguing with half-witted folks who barricaded my mentions with senseless talks
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by pacespot(m): 3:41pm On May 02, 2022
Hmm, Toyota and Honda challenge, when are we talking about a Nigerian brand ?
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by timothydare(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2022
ednut1:
There are still many toyota pencil 2001 on the road. Can you say the same for honda baby boy 2001 Toyota is more durable
Weed y?
My baby boy of almost 13 yrs now still day wella, very sound with same engine

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by franchasofficia: 3:59pm On May 02, 2022
Op, I have owned both Honda, Toyota and Lexus cars and I can comfortably tell you that Honda have the most durable car engine.

The only challenge Honda have is their suspension, their engine na rock. Even Lexus engine which is a luxury version of Toyota no reach Honda engine in terms of durability.

Remember, I have owned and driven Honda and Toyota.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by bonnyhope: 4:00pm On May 02, 2022
Keji1012:

I have a Toyota Corolla 2006 sport and a Honda Civic 2008 both being use for Uber and bolt by myself.

I can tell u that Honda is better than Toyota cos Toyota is overhyped coupled with the fact that the spare parts are expensive only if u can even get an original on wey KAZEEM MECHANIC never worked on and sell to you as Belgium.

Toyota might be rugged than Honda a little bit but Honda spare parts are cheap and affordable compared to Toyota.

Honda is better than Toyota is my point .

Honda is good

But the low ground clearance is a NO for me

Considering our roads in this country
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by franchasofficia: 4:02pm On May 02, 2022
ednut1:
There are still many toyota pencil 2001 on the road. Can you say the same for honda baby boy 2001 Toyota is more durable
I am a trained Mechanical engineer, a certified diesel engine mechanic, a certified Mack, etc engine programmer, and I have owned and driven both Honda and Toyota cars and I can comfortably tell you that Honda have the most durable engine than Toyota.

Toyota have the best suspension.

Don't argue out of emotion or sentiment, I am not the owner of Honda nor Toyota brand, I am commenting on a neutral level, so take it to bank

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by ChristineC: 4:06pm On May 02, 2022
Quim2:

Pls what's special about this Tundra?
buy one to know.
many tundra engines have been recorded to cross a million KM on stock configurations hauling everything and ass.
what the hell is common traffic?
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by bonnyhope: 4:08pm On May 02, 2022
ebukason3:
Southerners ride on Toyota while Northerners ride on Honda. Check each models specs and make your choice.

Because in the North, there are good roads which favour the Honda

Come to South especially Lagos, roads are bad and Honda ground clearance is low, so people prefer Toyota

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by 234GT(m): 4:09pm On May 02, 2022
ednut1:

My babyboy is on 256,000 miles and still running fine.

I am getting an evil spirit soon.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by ironheart(m): 4:10pm On May 02, 2022
Charly68:
Aah!
yes na
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by ironheart(m): 4:12pm On May 02, 2022
Bleiz:

Calm down comrade.

Smoking Honda engines isn't solely irresponsible act from the owner.

Do you know that a bad brain box can cause black smoke from exhaust.

Perhaps you can mention the kind of smoke you're referring to
whatever smoke it is. Cos i realise when Honda start bringing out smoke the engine must have been having that issue for quite a while before that smoke becomes obvious
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by bonnyhope: 4:13pm On May 02, 2022
Chukwumajr:
I drive a Toyota 2008 Camry spider sport edition,n I must confess, its d beast in a car, very strong and well fuel economy, that tells u y Camry remain d best selling cars in the US

Everybody just de talk wetin hm de drive
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Hassanmaye(m): 4:16pm On May 02, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Grab my weed to read and learn some dope shit
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by engrchykae(m): 4:26pm On May 02, 2022
LaSenior:

This motor na real bandits infact dem suppose to name am Toyota cultists

I changed the tires to 225 70 rim 15 any road wey bad I dey run am the only mistake they made in this car is not building it with a 4×4 options

I own exactly this model same colour with leather interior bought it 5years ago AC still chilling the only problem is it short oil depending on the distance covered but it has been a good experience driving this car because it has not stopped me on the road before....

Honda no be Toyota mate in term of durability and reliability

How many honda odyssey wey transporters dey use ....
so they unknown gun men love the car.
The real cultist of a car
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Popsiladon(m): 4:31pm On May 02, 2022
Bobbyjay001:

Check the pictures below and read reviews as per these cars' engine and give your honest opinions/reviews.

Honda cars are good for fuel economy, reliability and performance. Same goes for Toyota cars, but Toyota is not really interested in performance, hence they give you an all rounder.....little of everything here and there.

If you intend owning a Honda in Nigeria, note that Honda Accord cars especially models 2013 downwards have Ball joint issues and you may notice the symptoms for less than a week before it breaks down.
Symptoms range from low wining noise when you turn your steering at low speeds to loud clunking metallic noise from eighter of the front legs or both.
If you are a meticulous person, you should fix it before it embarrasses you.

Toyota on the other hand like camry will not break down easily. But you may encounter sluggish accelerations, spongy break feel, and replace bad shock absorbers, tie rod ends, stabilizer linkages and bushings more often than a person using Honda accord. This I have experienced myself. I have owned both cars and I currently drive a 2007 Honda Accord, 2.4L 5spd Automatic.

At the end of the day, you should make up your mind on what you want. Are you a fast driver? Do you want to be eating other cars for lunch on the highway?, drive fast with super handling?, get a Honda Accord. But if you want to drive jejely with no stress and you are not in a hurry for anything, get a camry.

Both cars are relaible no doubt, but everybody prick no fit be d same lenght and breadth. Advantage and disadvantages dey for both. Choose wisely.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Bbbw: 4:33pm On May 02, 2022
True
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by policysamuel(m): 4:37pm On May 02, 2022
*Happy Eid Mubarak to y’all…*
*� What card will you like to trade today? ☸️ We have the best rate � Deal for you! �*

*Bulk Bitcoin Needed I Pay � Real Fast �*

*� Zelle, PayPal, Cash App available, ask for info when ready to send only*

DM : http:///2349130578999

*Lets Continue Trading �*
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 4:43pm On May 02, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Omo both Toyota and Honda sef no be my taste grin grin grin

I wan hustle well well make I obtain Lexus...

Na Toyota get Lexus na

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 02, 2022
Fadddd:
Hondas are cheaper, yet Toyota dominates everywhere. Need you more evidence about which is better?

Getting an honda civic 2007 and Toyota corolla 2007 directly from the USA will cost you about the same amount. Na for Naija here the price for Toyota dey go higher because of Toyota's resale value.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Knows12(m): 4:44pm On May 02, 2022
Bobbyjay001:

why you no go for R.R?
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Roysy: 4:49pm On May 02, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Grab my weed to read and learn some dope shit
I need your contact, bro. Please,
check your mail
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 02, 2022
Honda produces some of the best inline 4 cylinder engines compared to Toyota.
Toyota also produces some of the best V6 and V8 engines because of its research in that category due to its SUV and Lexus research development.
I don't think honda/Acura has any V8 engine.
The new accord sport doesn't come with a V6 anymore but a turbocharged inline 4cylinder engine that YouTube has tested to be faster than the new Camry V6 sport edition.

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 02, 2022
Kobicove:
I will choose a Toyota over a Honda any day!
You'd pick first over second undecided
It's honda or nothing for me smiley

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:10pm On May 02, 2022
Both are good and reliable brands.pick the one you prefer.I prefer Honda because they are more compacted with great handling

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 02, 2022
Speaking as an Accord and Camry owner, I will Honda built from 2015 backwards have good engines, so is Toyota.
Yes some Toyota models made in 2002- 2004 have engines that consume excess oil.
But Hondas made in 2001- 2005 have bad transmission problems, accords, MPV , Odysseys these units should be avoided.

So its a mixed kettle depends on brand and year of production.
Honda and Toyota are using GDI engines now, something Volkswagen started in 2006, these GDI engines consume oil, maybe that's what OP is referring too.
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 02, 2022
Charly68:
Aah!

Not from , 2015, Honda uses GDI engines, these engines have problem of fuel mixing with oil, they also use CVT tranny, nice if bought brand new, very low second hand value.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? / EFCC Auctions 435 Forfeited Vehicles In Lagos (photos) / Nigerian Man Shows Off His Vehicle Made With Locally Sourced Materials. Photos