Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,617 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? (19723 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / What Is The Difference Between Igbo And Edo(esan) Men?? / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

You are a hypocrite Northern and Fulani are not the same thing at all

Please tell me how I am being hypocritical? Is there any basis for the accusations or generalizations you initially threw at Igbos? How are they especially unique compared to other Nigerian groups as they always called out in this type of discussion? Please answer the questions and we shall go from there. Thank you.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2012
afam4eva:
How come none of the popular fulani politicians bear those names?

Names like Gaajo (Gajo), Gelajo, Babajo, Babaji, Danejo (Danedjo in Cameroon), Manga, etc. are true Fulani names. Most Fulani politicians themselves are Hausanized and can not speak 1 word of proper Fulfulde.

It is well known the Fulani from the Northwest who are supposed to be Fulani are not Fulani. But the Fulani from Adamawa, Gombe, Jigawa, etc. you will see Fulani with those names. Traditional Fulani songs from Nigeria and Cameroon (we are not even talking about other Fulani countries like Guinea, Senegal, Mauritania, etc., if we added those it would be in the hundreds of thousands) are all over the place on youtube, but when I Youtube traditional Igbo songs I only came across Dima Oma.

You hardly ever see Igbos in traditional attire in youtube, instead they are singing in either Pidgin or English with maybe a few Igbo words here and there, and dressing like African Americans.

With Fulani people you see stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcjH1HV9-3g&

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw7RfT27_aM&

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV0SeJUczBw&

or even this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjuuknpD4Wk

Samba or Sammba are also common names in Fulani
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 5:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
nnenna.1:

Please tell me how I am being hypocritical? Is there any basis for the accusations or generalizations you initially threw at Igbos? How are they especially unique compared to other Nigerian groups as they always called out in this type of discussion? Please answer the questions and we shall go from there. Thank you.

It is like me saying Southern and Igbo are the same thing when they are not. Yoruba who live in the south are keeping their culture more so than Igbos. I am for Africans keeping their culture, not adopting someone elses. I can list a lot of traditional Yoruba videos on youtube, can't say the same for Igbos.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

Well I'm glad you take your title in stride cheesy I'm not a parent and you are a big boy so tell whoever is stalking you to stop kiss
You do it nearly in every thread, its a bit creepy, but I'm sure you think its endearing kiss

I'm not a preacher either, but you fance yourself as one with your spaming of quotes and claims of being de-tribalised and then 10 minutes later say tribalistic things but you do you dear smiley

I'm a realist, and not the type to endear myself to people, neither am I here to please everybody...

You do you as well...

Back to the topic.

PS: I'm enjoying the topic, and I've learned a lot without the blame game, and superiority complex exhibited by the other crazy poster.. cool
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :
Fulaman198 we are talking about the Fulani of Nigeria only cheesy

Fulaman198:

That is rubbish, it is well known that Fulani have assimilated to others cultures better than most Ethnic groups in West Africa.

Look at Fulani who "conquered" Hausa, what language are they speaking? They are speaking the language of the conquered.

I can say how are you in Igbo (Kedu? Kekime?) can you say how are you in Fulfulde?

What about the Fulani who are in Yoruba land of Illorin? Are they still speaking Fulfulde, so don't give me such rubbish sir

Actually no you don't which is part of the reason why there is a strong antagonistic relationship between the Fulani and Hausa in Nigeria, the Hausa being the ones that fled during Dan Fodio's Jihad. In many cases the history of the Fulani has been of conquest, and in the cases they couldn't take over completely they settle for cozying up to the group that would improve their fortunes.

Like I said, there are more Yoruba there so at best you become buddy buddy and work from there grin

If they settled well with others then why are they part and parcel of Boko Haram (Not all Fulani, but some are members of the group)? Because those guys are the height of tolerance grin

The irony is that many people in the North welcomed British administration because of some of the behavior of the Fulani towards the other Northerners (if you want I can get you a source for that smiley)

Anyone who watches a Nollywood film can say Kedu smiley I'm not Nigerian, but if I spent time with Fulani/Hausa/Igbo/Yoruba/etc people I would learn some of the language as well as the culture wink

But come on be honest you know most Fulani people are not know; knowledgeable of Igbo, but many Igbo businessmen have a degree of fluency in Hausa and even Fulfide in order to do business grin
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

No, it has nothing to do with freaks of nature, they are just not Fulani, the fundamentals of Pulaagu say one must know the language to be called a Fulani. If you told a Non-Nigerian Fulani that you have two Fulani acquaintances who don't speak Fulfulde they would say they are not Fulani.

Those girls are Nigerian. Maybe Fulani culture is different in other countries. Admittedly my experience with hausa/fulani is limited to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

It is like me saying Southern and Igbo are the same thing when they are not. Yoruba who live in the south are keeping their culture more so than Igbos. I am for Africans keeping their culture, not adopting someone elses. I can list a lot of traditional Yoruba videos on youtube, can't say the same for Igbos.

Then I know you are quite the liar grin because Youtube has tons of traditional Igbo ceremonies and dances old and recent smiley
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
shymmex:

I'm a realist, and not the type to endear myself to people, neither am I here to please everybody...

You do you as well...

Back to the topic.

PS: I'm enjoying the topic, and I've learned a lot without the blame game, and superiority complex exhibited by the other crazy poster.. cool

Oh is that what not having morals or principals is being called now grin
You worry about pleasing others when its clear you can't please yourself, a man without convictions is not much of a man in my opinion cool He will quickly sell you out for a few coins...

I always do me, I'm not a fair weather person cool

Are you sure that other poster is not you, with all your aliases you might be insulting yourself grin
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

Did you do a youtube search like I told you? Achikolo, ogene, atilogu dances, Masquerades, etc? You didn't see those? If you don't know anything about igbo culture, Ask! Don't make snide comments or assume.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
nnenna.1:

Did you do a youtube search like I told you? Achikolo, ogene, atilogu dances, Masquerades, etc? You didn't see those? If you don't know anything about igbo culture, Ask! Don't make snide comments or assume.

He says he's not biased but his statement speaks volumes, he pretty much outed himself grin
And I personally detest lazy people so my only advise for him is to type Igbo into Youtube and go from there cool
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

Then I know you are quite the liar grin because Youtube has tons of traditional Igbo ceremonies and dances old and recent smiley

Would you care to link some that are recent within the last 10 years besides Dim Oma?

Because I find that very hard to believe, you can call me a liar, I don't care. I am calling things as is. Igbos are into Western media and not showing humility.

Who brags about how educated they are? A Fulani man or woman with a Ph.D. wouldn't even mention it. That has nothing to do with character or Moral. A Fulani person doesn't believe in Western material things. An Igbo person will flaunt what they have to the very end and boast (Igbo Kwenu).
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
nnenna.1:

Those girls are Nigerian. Maybe Fulani culture is different in other countries. Admittedly my experience with hausa/fulani is limited to Nigeria.

They are Nigerian, just as you are, just as I am, however they are not Fulani, they are Hausa.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

They are Nigerian, just as you are, just as I am, however they are not Fulani, they are Hausa.

Lol, hey! Believe whatever you want.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

Would you care to link some that are recent within the last 10 years besides Dim Oma?

Because I find that very hard to believe, you can call me a liar, I don't care. I am calling things as is. Igbos are into Western media and not showing humility.

Who brags about how educated they are? A Fulani man or woman with a Ph.D. wouldn't even mention it. That has nothing to do with character or Moral. A Fulani person doesn't believe in Western material things. An Igbo person will flaunt what they have to the very end and boast (Igbo Kwenu).

I just did a search for "igbo traditional" on youtube, saw tons of videos and I found a traditional dance in mbaise, imo state performed a month or so ago uploaded just 3 weeks ago. I did this in a flash! Talkless of what I might get should I search for music, festivals, etc.

If you are really interested in igbo culture, you would have made an effort into inquiring and asking the right questions. But you have obviously made up your mind about us and there is no turning back. I wanted to point this out so that your bias is clear for everyone to see. Good day sir!
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
nnenna.1:

I just did a search for "igbo traditional" on youtube, saw tons of videos and I found a traditional dance in mbaise, imo state performed a month or so ago uploaded just 3 weeks ago. I did this in a flash! Talkless of what I might get should I search for music, festivals, etc.

If you are really interested in igbo culture, you would have made an effort into inquiring and asking the right questions. But you have obviously made up your mind about us and there is no turning back. I wanted to. point this out so that your bias is clear for everyone to see. Good day sir!

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but it is usually those who are outside ones culture who isn't biast.

I call things as they are. I try to be fair, when I say those "Fulani" in NorthWest Nigeria who only speak Hausa call themselves Fulani, I don't consider them Fulani since they can't speak the language and they are Hausanized. That is being fair, I can not consider them Fulani even if they might have Fulani blood, because they know nothing about Fulani culture and only Hausa culture. I have no hatred towards them, I just don't consider them Fulani.

When I "accuse" Igbos of being a certain way, it is not that I harbour any form of hatred for them, I just wish Igbos would behave a bit more "African" and less European/American.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

I'm not linking anything because its clear you are biased smiley I'm talking in general and you are being very specific. But anyway there are hundreds of videos of Igbo dances and ceremonies, which is what I'm referring to. Flavour who is on nearly every artist track these days sings majority Igbo smiley

I know you don't care, because then you would have to admit to being biased smiley

Now Igbo are not humble too? What next Igbo people only take showers every 3 years? grin

Personally, if I have a Ph.D I will let people know, I worked my behind off for over a decade and not want people to know? What nonsense. I guess professionals in America/India/Japan/China/etc are not humble because they have clearly stated on their business cards and nametags their level of education My doctor should remove his degree from his walls and remove the MD from his name plate shocked

Well I believe in Islam one is not to judge his fellow man but you must have missed that lesson wink

And that's good for them, if I work hard for something I want the world to know especially the people (like you) who thought I would never amount to anything. I think is much better than flaunting your wealth while others are dirt poor like Northern Nigerian elite and politicians are fond to do (and we know many of them did not work for it) cool
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but it is usually those who are outside ones culture who isn't biast.

I call things as they are. I try to be fair, when I say those "Fulani" in NorthWest Nigeria who only speak Hausa call themselves Fulani, I don't consider them Fulani since they can't speak the language and they are Hausanized. That is being fair, I can not consider them Fulani even if they might have Fulani blood, because they know nothing about Fulani culture and only Hausa culture. I have no hatred towards them, I just don't consider them Fulani.

When I "accuse" Igbos of being a certain way, it is not that I harbour any form of hatred for them, I just wish Igbos would behave a bit more "African" and less European/American.

A bit? I see your are not being humble there cheesy

I will never say I'm not biased but not to the degree you are dear. You said you couldn't find anything on Youtube which is a lie, a bold one at that.

Who are you to consider who is what? Not only are biased but you are intra-biased, well done you are going for the gold cheesy

Yes, yes you do don't lie we are all friends here.What is African? Please do tell us? Boy the bull you hear online grin Educate us what is African?
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

I'm not linking anything because its clear you are biased smiley I'm talking in general and you are being very specific. But anyway there are hundreds of videos of Igbo dances and ceremonies, which is what I'm referring to. Flavour who is on nearly every artist track these days sings majority Igbo smiley

I know you don't care, because then you would have to admit to being biased smiley

Now Igbo are not humble too? What next Igbo people only take showers every 3 years? grin

Personally, if I have a Ph.D I will let people know, I worked my behind off for over a decade and not want people to know? What nonsense. I guess professionals in America/India/Japan/China/etc are not humble because they have clearly stated on their business cards and nametags their level of education My doctor should remove his degree from his walls and remove the MD from his name plate shocked

Well I believe in Islam one is not to judge his fellow man but you must have missed that lesson wink

And that's good for them, if I work hard for something I want the world to know especially the people (like you) who thought I would never amount to anything. I think is much better than flaunting your wealth while others are dirt poor like Northern Nigerian elite and politicians are fond to do (and we know many of them did not work for it) cool

Now I a beginning to think you are taking my words out of context.

First and foremost, education <> tradition. Getting a Ph.D. in a WESTERN or Western education is nothing to brag about. Bragging about it even more makes you look less humble. Humility is a problem I see with many Igbo people. They talk about their riches, what they have, the nice cars they drive etc.

Do you go to the grave with these things? I want you to amount to something, seeing that you are a fellow Nigerian I want you to be successful in the way you find success.

However, I don't like it when Nigerians go about flaunting what they have (usually they are Igbos), it makes other Nigerians look as if they are not humble.

How does getting a Ph.D. or speaking top-notch English make one more Igbo or more Nigerian? Yes, in Nigeria education is important, but what is it doing for the people in the entire country when most Nigerians are leaving home to Oyibo mans land?
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

A bit? I see your are not being humble there cheesy

I will never say I'm not biased but not to the degree you are dear. You said you couldn't find anything on Youtube which is a lie, a bold one at that.

Who are you to consider who is what? Not only are biased but you are intra-biased, well done you are going for the gold cheesy

Yes, yes you do don't lie we are all friends here.What is African? Please do tell us? Boy the bull you hear online grin Educate us what is African?

Let me educate you then, Fulani pre-colonization have not changed their culture at all one bit. We have an identity, we call it Pulaagu (Tabital Pulaagu). However, Igbos are most definitely not the same since the inception of modern technology and Western ideals being brought to West Africa. Igbos are far more Westernized now than they are African.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

Now I a beginning to think you are taking my words out of context.

First and foremost, education <> tradition. Getting a Ph.D. in a WESTERN or Western education is nothing to brag about. Bragging about it even more makes you look less humble. Humility is a problem I see with many Igbo people. They talk about their riches, what they have, the nice cars they drive etc.

Do you go to the grave with these things? I want you to amount to something, seeing that you are a fellow Nigerian I want you to be successful in the way you find success.

However, I don't like it when Nigerians go about flaunting what they have (usually they are Igbos), it makes other Nigerians look as if they are not humble.

How does getting a Ph.D. or speaking top-notch English make one more Igbo or more Nigerian? Yes, in Nigeria education is important, but what is it doing for the people in the entire country when most Nigerians are leaving home to Oyibo mans land?

No I'm repeating what you said, maybe its the context you are using that is poor undecided

My friend we live in global economy tradition can only carry one so far, and Indians and Chinese seek out education even more than Nigerians are they too Western as well? And they will celebrate when they get that degree too, because not every person has the talent to become an engineer, lawyer. or doctor. So what exactly do you want them to learn? African studies only? And only in a Nigerian institution of education?

Well I guess Igbo people will just have to die off the face of the Earth en-mass because traditionally the celebration of and individual achievements is part and parcel of the culture. What you see as bragging is acknowledgement that this person worked their behind off to get where they are, it wasn't luck, magic, or godfatherism that got them there.

No, but those things mean I'll have a much easier trip to the grave than most. Money is not everything, but you do need it.

Well Igbo people are not the only Nigerians and not the only ones that flaunt their wealth. An expensive store in the UK recently put up signs in Hausa because Hausa customers spend a lot in their store, are they flaunting their wealth too much too?

Getting a Ph.D means you have gone farther than most which is an accomplishment.
Well when Nigeria the country you live in decides that English should not be its official language then come back to me. Its the Nigerian government that wants Nigerians to be fluent in English not Igbo people.

So you think Nigerians being uneducated will solve Nigeria's problems?
The problem is that the leaders of Nigeria fall into two groups: bumbling idiots who never saw the four walls of the school house and literate idiots who think that all there is to being educated is to get a degree

Education is not inherently bad, and in a world where people of African descent are consider the runt of the litter its the only thing that gives us equal footing.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

Let me educate you then, Fulani pre-colonization have not changed their culture at all one bit. We have an identity, we call it Pulaagu (Tabital Pulaagu). However, Igbos are most definitely not the same since the inception of modern technology and Western ideals being brought to West Africa. Igbos are far more Westernized now than they are African.

Once again name a ceremony by Fulani people that is not tied to Islamic religion, here I'll even give you one for Igbo people.

Despite being Christian, the New Yam festival is held along with the masquerades for the Gods who bless the people with a good harvest. The outfits are similar to the ones wore centuries ago and the "Gods" are being celebrated.

Tell us what makes one African grin?

Pagan9JA begs to differ with you on your assertions though wink
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 7:05pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

No I'm repeating what you said, maybe its the context you are using that is poor undecided

My friend we live in global economy tradition can only carry one so far, and Indians and Chinese seek out education even more than Nigerians are they too Western as well? And they will celebrate when they get that degree too, because not every person has the talent to become an engineer, lawyer. or doctor. So what exactly do you want them to learn? African studies only? And only in a Nigerian institution of education?

Well I guess Igbo people will just have to die off the face of the Earth en-mass because traditionally the celebration of and individual achievements is part and parcel of the culture. What you see as bragging is acknowledgement that this person worked their behind off to get where they are, it wasn't luck, magic, or godfatherism that got them there.

No, but those things mean I'll have a much easier trip to the grave than most. Money is not everything, but you do need it.

Well Igbo people are not the only Nigerians and not the only ones that flaunt their wealth. An expensive store in the UK recently put up signs in Hausa because Hausa customers spend a lot in their store, are they flaunting their wealth too much too?

Getting a Ph.D means you have gone farther than most which is an accomplishment.
Well when Nigeria the country you live in decides that English should not be its official language then come back to me. Its the Nigerian government that wants Nigerians to be fluent in English not Igbo people.

So you think Nigerians being uneducated will solve Nigeria's problems?
The problem is that the leaders of Nigeria fall into two groups: bumbling idiots who never saw the four walls of the school house and literate idiots who think that all there is to being educated is to get a degree

Education is not inherently bad, and in a world where people of African descent are consider the runt of the litter its the only thing that gives us equal footing.

Chinese are not quite as Westernized as their fellow Asian Japanese and South Korean counterparts. India which is also doing well is hard to say whether or not it is Westernized. I use what they portray on their media to depict their culture to determine whether they are Westernized.

I mean what is this: http://articles.entertainmentinghana.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/p-square2.jpg

How do they look any different from African Americans?
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

Once again name a ceremony by Fulani people that is not tied to Islamic religion, here I'll even give you one for Igbo people.

Despite being Christian, the New Yam festival is held along with the masquerades for the Gods who bless the people with a good harvest. The outfits are similar to the ones wore centuries ago and the "Gods" are being celebrated.

Tell us what makes one African grin?

Pagan9JA begs to differ with you on your assertions though wink

You have got to be joking...

What about the Gerewol? That is the most Famous Fulani ceremony, it has nothing to do with Islam

What about the Worso or the Cure Salee?
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

Chinese are not quite as Westernized as their fellow Asian Japanese and South Korean counterparts. India which is also doing well is hard to say whether or not it is Westernized. I use what they portray on their media to depict their culture to determine whether they are Westernized.

I mean what is this: http://articles.entertainmentinghana.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/p-square2.jpg

How do they look any different from African Americans?

You mean the Chinese who buying Western labels left and right grin

Of course its hard to tell if Indians are Western are not for you, they are not Igbo grin

And they show a lot of things from the West cool

I just saw a video of two Hausa guys dressed in the same stuff and rapping on youtube grin I guess Hausa people have been infected too? After being infected by the Middle East disease first grin
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

You mean the Chinese who buying Western labels left and right grin

Of course its hard to tell if Indians are Western are not for you, they are not Igbo grin

And they show a lot of things from the West cool

I just saw a video of two Hausa guys dressed in the same stuff and rapping on youtube grin I guess Hausa people have been infected too? After being infected by the Middle East disease first grin

It is without a doubt that more and more people are being affected by Western culture

However it is our duty to not let it affect us and preserve our culture(s).
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 7:11pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

You have got to be joking...

What about the Gerewol? That is the most Famous Fulani ceremony, it has nothing to do with Islam

What about the Worso or the Cure Salee?

We are talking about Fulani Nigerians, don't try to drag your friends from all over and drag it out as Nigerian Fulani culture. And I know you didn't drag the Woodobe who are looked down on by, ironically Fulani Nigerians grin
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

It is without a doubt that more and more people are being affected by Western culture

However it is our duty to not let it affect us and preserve our culture(s).

Lol the fact you are typing to me in English means you have been infected with the Western bug grin
You went to a school that taught western curiculum including English and most likely have a college education..in bum bum bum...a Western class grin

Oh no you are going to have a craving for burgers and fries grin
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

We are talking about Fulani Nigerians, don't try to drag your friends from all over and drag it out as Nigerian Fulani culture. And I know you didn't drag the Woodobe who are looked down on by, ironically Fulani Nigerians grin

You do know there are two groups of Nigerian fulani right?

There are the Rimbe and Rimaybe

That is to say the Rimaybe are the ones who share culture similar to that of the Wodaabe since they are both Mbororo.

The Rimbe (people who are not nomadic Fulani and are sedentary) don't have culture similar to the Wodaabe but more in-tune with the Hausa. However, they can still speak Fulfulde.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 7:15pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

Lol the fact you are typing to me in English means you have been infected with the Western bug grin
You went to a school that taught western curiculum including English and probably have college education grin

Oh no you are going to have a craving for burgers and fries grin

lol well you are right I do, but I don't act Westernized like some Nigerians I have come across. When they have an education they flaunt it, but what good does it do them? Then they forget the culture they were raised in which taught them to be humble and show modesty and go about in their Lexus, BMW or Mercedes and pretend they don't speak their native tongue. It is sickening to me
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
You keep talking about how americanized igbos are and how western they are etc. Let me repeat- there is absolutely nothing, NOTHING, that makes igbos more westernized than the average southern, christian group. Fact.

I can bring up as many westernized examples of people, entertainers and statesmen alike, who are Yoruba, Efik, ijaw, urhobo, Itshekiri, etc. PLENTY where they come from. There are many groups in the middle belt, south south, even yorubaland who have completely western names. In the south,I can think of several groups worse off than Igbos in many of these respects. And then you have many Northern groups who are totally immersed with islamic and middle-eastern cultures to the extent of being totally African-less or at least not conversant with their true cultures.

My question is, why are the Igbos singled out? Why do they obviously bother people so much?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Origin Of The Word "OGA" / Sanusi & Kukah Meet Archbishop Of Canterbury In Italy(pics) / East African Hairstyles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.