Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) (57538 Views)

Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) / New Kano Almajiri Boarding Schools (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Pencils Used In American Schools (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by demystified01: 8:43pm On May 03, 2022
The chastisment and purnishment though unpalatable but it did more good than harm as it instill senses into us. Unlike this generation of students that are spoiled and rotten due to lack of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Vinnie2000(m): 8:43pm On May 03, 2022
SMH. Just see some Nairalanders calling flogging, 'child abuse'. Copy copy Africans. Some of you don't know dat children misbehave alot. Hence some Aggressive disciplinary styles lets dem know dier wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Justsylvia(f): 8:46pm On May 03, 2022
My government teacher then in secondary school ,we call him commandor or odomodo, if he handle u with cane ,u will confirm, he is tall and huge a disciplinarian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by oneMalik: 8:47pm On May 03, 2022
I would have disagreed totally with you if not for the pictures . they're real !

I passed thru all these things you called punishment , I can even remember those days in your pictures but let me tell you categorically here those are my best days .

if possible I would have wish to return to those days with my GREAT teachers ....no-nonsese guildiance ! if you mumu urself for my sch you go collect . nobody send your parent who Dem be...... those that their parents used to storm sch cos they beat their children then where are they now ? today we know how far ! I know one of my best friend then that his parent used to come to sch to challenge our teacher whenever they flog him and he's the most terrible friend I've ever had. my friend almost got himself useless in the society as we were growing ... it got worst as soon as we entered secondary sch but its a long story.

My point is that children are like fresh fish that can easily be fold but the moment it dry and you're trying to fold it , it will not be possible cos is gonna break . the fear of humiliation and flogging in the assembly alone change alot in me cos the way i was growing but as a kid that I don't know.

Some of my friends were never flog or experienced such things in school cos of whom they were .... highly disciplined children ....always neat and brilliant ,

The moment some highly parents interfere in what was going on btw children and teachers they spoiled things ..... Human right without regulation was their tools but today how far . back then you go fit they Jones for street or house make somebody tell you say ur teacher dey come or pass make you no run ? we have fear ! not now that 15yrs old boy is a cult leader .

We need to stop all this nonse about teachers and çhikdren to bring back our society .... we all know what is going on in the society now .

I will always be on the side of teachers cos I gain a lot from the floggings and punishments I got from them..... if you don't like that then train your child yourself .

#GODBLESSTHETEACHERS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Onyeziokwu(m): 8:48pm On May 03, 2022
Thestormisover:
I just pray the day i will jamm my physics teacher for road. I go let am know say - both ohm's and hook's where not my brother, neither newton.

Hahaha mad laws that year �
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by EggonBoy(m): 8:50pm On May 03, 2022
Justiceleague1:

For not PURCHASED Kwa!!!
Batch Kwa!!!!

In fact,lie down there for more lashing angry
U identified my mistakes but failed to incline your correction.
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by matm: 8:54pm On May 03, 2022
JoshTim:
Spare the rod and spoil the child. No be some rich kids go Dubai go dey Bleep. Waste of money and investment.

You are right.At d age of 10, a kid is already bleeping even when she knew her teachers were around there.
Such can't happen in a school where pupils are disciplined by teachers. How can u think of bleeping when u are in d same house with ur teachers.
But in private schools, anything goes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by abimic(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2022
Ladymogana:
Na today you know say naija na bush. If i wasn't strong, my chemistry teacher would have killed me with cane because i don't know to name of H20..

Don't worry, they're only preparing you for the Nigerian future. See yourself today, can't you withstand anything thrown at you? angry

Ladymogana?
That's from Merlin.... Stubborn character from the film. Maybe your teacher was Merlin in disguise, so he needed those flogging skills grin grin grin
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by oroagba: 8:57pm On May 03, 2022
So, are nowadays children who are treated like eggs turning out better? Lacking manners and intellectually dull, the results are everywhere for all to see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Vinnie2000(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2022
Lol, see many nlanders here abusing English language and making serious grammatical blunders. I wonder what the teachers dey complain of, would do if dey see diz errors!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by IDIOTmoderators: 8:57pm On May 03, 2022
Blablamalala:

undecided
Lol... This your eyes sef dey abuse me.. cheesy
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by IDIOTmoderators: 9:00pm On May 03, 2022
Dollywood:

Bruh. That is American English. I purposely used that. I could have used "were" but the English I do use is more African American refined.
Ok o bros the Americana.... cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by JoshTim: 9:00pm On May 03, 2022
matm:

You are right.At d age of 10, a kid is already bleeping even when she knew her teachers were around there.
Such can't happen in a school where pupils are disciplined by teachers. How can u think of bleeping when u are in d same house with ur teachers.
But in private schools, anything goes
True bro, when you pet a child, a reinforcement is created for bad behaviours. A child ought to be shown the right way, and discouraged at all cost to unlearn the bad ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by 2braithe: 9:01pm On May 03, 2022
Rich4god:
If this punishment weren't given to us back then, a lot of us for spoil finish.

Now compare our time with now that teachers are scared to flog students and see the gap in been responsible.

So you believe in using pain and inhumane treatment to correct?

Try it abroad and see.
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by 2braithe: 9:03pm On May 03, 2022
Dollywood:

Bruh. That is American English. I purposely used that. I could have used "were" but the English I do use is more African American refined.

Still on still, it's wrong.
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Dollywood(m): 9:04pm On May 03, 2022
2braithe:

Still on still, it's wrong.

Lol. I don't expect you to understand.
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by SpearofGod(m): 9:05pm On May 03, 2022
Chosen44:
My knees almost rotten then due to crawling punishment my chemistry teacher then gave us...cos we got below 5 if u c my knees en,water was just coming out and flies were traling me...almost all the girls in my class were injured then,but nevertheless it helped to shapen some of our mistakes.
what is the name of your chemistry teacher? Your story sounds familiar
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by matm: 9:06pm On May 03, 2022
LordErrk:

Na why your life useless like this. Why you never get sense upon all the flogging your teacher flog you?
Most of the teachers that abused me in school are shocked today, seeing me in a profession considered something that mostly smart people do, and wish they treated me better...flogging can never make a student smarter, it only reduces your opportunities in life. How do expect to be so mean to kids you spend so much time with, and in your small brain, think you won't meet them later in life?

You teachers are just demons preventing the growth of so many great minds

My dear, teachers are not demons.Think of d reasons u were flogged, and u will see u were block head then.
I passed through school but was rarely flogged.
However, I would advise teachers not to flog for offences like sleeping in d class which is involuntary action.If u must flog, flog only on palm or buttocks.Dont flog on head or all over d body lest d student interprets it wrongly.And give only few strokes.
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by RB1330(m): 9:07pm On May 03, 2022
Dorwadora:
Lol.... This thread reminds me of iganmode grammar school. Even with their prestige of producing great students, their way of discipline was wack.
Those igs teacher beat my life no b small
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Okpabana: 9:07pm On May 03, 2022
Znation:
If you went to your primary and secondary school here in Nigeria, then i'm sure you might have went through alot.

Six years going through primary and another six years in secondary wasn't an easy journey at all.

In my own time, we were treated like slaves; they turned us to farmers. We used to work in our teachers farm every thursday, and labour in school compound every friday. As if that is not enough, we also payed for labour fees even though we are the labourers.

I only enjoyed my secondary school during my ss3. Then, i was the S.P during my time and i was respected by everybody including my teachers.

It pains me that even in this present days, our children are still been abuse in school. They flogged us like they don't care, and they want us to know book.

I went to private school, but i'm very much sure that it is more difficult in the private sector than the goverment schools.

The goverment should do something about the way our children are been treated in school.

It really tamed a lot of students. Kindly compare the types of students we have in schools now and what was obtainable back then. If you like call it abuse oo. It works better on us. Schooling is not just learning books. It includes learning discipline in morals and strength. Indiscipline right from the foundation is what has led us to what is currently happening in the society today.
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by 2braithe: 9:09pm On May 03, 2022
Dollywood:

Lol. I don't expect you to understand.

Why won't I understand?Who doesn't know black american slangs?
It doesn't change the fact that it is not standard English!
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Dollywood(m): 9:10pm On May 03, 2022
2braithe:

Why won't I understand?Who doesn't know black american slangs?
It doesn't change the fact that it is not standard English!

Okay bro.
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by NIGERIAJAGA419: 9:10pm On May 03, 2022
My Head mistress and I still be cat and dog up till today ... Na woman wen she be... I would have treated her now when I don big, fat, and I com get money join na am

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 03, 2022
Chosen44:
My knees almost rotten then due to crawling punishment my chemistry teacher then gave us...cos we got below 5 if u c my knees en,water was just coming out and flies were traling me...almost all the girls in my class were injured then,but nevertheless it helped to shapen some of our mistakes.
Ewww...! I can imagine the pus and the knee oozing from its excretions.
But see you today. All grown up, and forming ladylike grin Now never to be caught unfresh, and certainly not with a decaying knee.
Back then boys would still be wooing all y'all wounded knee girls. Boys were more caring and softhearted back then. It wouldn't have mattered.
Can't say the same thing about this era. World haff Kpafuka completely.
Memories, huh? I know.... smiley
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Vinnie2000(m): 9:13pm On May 03, 2022
Okpabana:

It really tamed a lot of students. Kindly compare the types of students we have in schools now and what was obtainable back then. If you like call it abuse oo. It works better on us. Schooling is not just learning books. It includes learning discipline in morals and strength. Indiscipline right from the foundation is what has led us to what is currently happening in the society today.
I don't know since when Nigerians started calling flogging in school, Abuse! How abt flogging/beating@home by parents after a serious offence. Still Abuse?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by DropsMic(m): 9:14pm On May 03, 2022
harmargedon:
ask the English men that introduced whip to us. Spare the Rod and spoil the child.

English men also introduced reproduction to us right. Go ye into the world and multiply.

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 03, 2022
Abc125:
MY HAND OH!!! Chaii. Rich men boys would not understand this pictures. I'm not sure lalasticlala experience any of this. grin grin grin cheesy
In Lala's school, snakes were the only ones being punished. Pupils weren't.
Have you ever seen where a gaboon viper is being flogged by student prefects, and its shouting chaii, chaii oo, in pains?? Now that was a common sight at Lala's elementary school. Scary? I know right....

Meanwhile, I never experienced those cutting of grass punishments. I only heard and witnessed some pupils of certain other schools experiencing it. But I was flogged with canes in secondary school.

Edited:
@Yemi1504 thank you oo. Thank you for liking and sharing this not so epic joke of mine (c'mon it was kinda funny, guys) Seems only you caught the joke and has a good pictorial imagination of what is as trying to paint out.

To the rest of you! Learn to use your imagination better and be creative with it...you'll see the world in different dimensions. You'll laugh ameven when you're a lone, and no one is watching. cheesy
Just imagine a snake being wiped with koboko and ithe snake keeps screaming wayoo Allah, yaay,chai, chimoo, with its mouth open! If that's not funny, then I think your issue is diabolical. Talk to Buhari or Shehu sani undecided

Peace out...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 03, 2022
The question is, did most of those flogged pupils and students eventually turn out to be good people in the society?
Not really. But some did.
Most armed robbers, criminal, runs babes, etc...These set of people would have definitely attended schools (especially public ones) that had all those punishments. What went wrong?
Just tells you that the human heart and mind will always wander after its own desires. Forced training will have just a little impact on children's lives.
Wait...Weren't they still flogging mercilessly when most pupils where still using sweets and biscuits to initiate their fellow classmates into covens? Hehe. So we used to hear. We've all heard these stories.
So, it does little to instill morals into them. But we can't spare the rod still. Gotta catch wipe em all ( Pokemon!)

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Triplerg: 9:26pm On May 03, 2022
suratwo62:

You see what I mean?? You were punished for not purchased the school batch......... Haba Eggon Boy. You see what I mean. For not purchasing the school BADGE. BATCH stands for a quantity or consignment of goods produced at one time.
You like vawulence too much comrade.
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by EverBlazingy2k(m): 9:29pm On May 03, 2022
Who ever criticised this will not be a good father/mother. Our children are very stubborn, insulting and violent.

They need strong hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by victor175(m): 9:38pm On May 03, 2022
These pictures are pure cases of child abuse and child labour! Stop this!!
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Enny2013(f): 9:41pm On May 03, 2022
Ha! Right from my Nursery to primary and secondary schools,no teacher dared do dis to us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FUTA Student Who Was Reported Missing Found. See What Happened. Photos / Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp / The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.