Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) (57537 Views)

Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) / New Kano Almajiri Boarding Schools (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Pencils Used In American Schools (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by EjaikreTheViper(f): 7:37pm On May 03, 2022
V
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Dollywood(m): 7:38pm On May 03, 2022
Ladymogana:
Na today you know say naija na bush. If i wasn't strong, my chemistry teacher would have killed me with cane because i don't know to name of H20..

Your Teacher was right. Your English speaks volume of how inattentive you was during your school days. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Gkay1(m): 7:38pm On May 03, 2022
Then not now
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by IDIOTmoderators: 7:39pm On May 03, 2022
Thestormisover:
I just pray the day i will jamm my physics teacher for road. I go let am know say - both ohm's and hook's where not my brother, neither newton.
Lol.... grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Gkay1(m): 7:40pm On May 03, 2022
Dollywood:

Your Teacher was right. Your English speaks volume of how inattentive you was during your school days. cheesy
Bad guy
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Iboyx: 7:41pm On May 03, 2022
Going back we really endured alot, not everyone actually came out of childhood in Naija successfully due to some of theses punishments there are better methods to address issues

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by IDIOTmoderators: 7:41pm On May 03, 2022
Dollywood:

You nko?... See your English "you was" lol .. cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by everythinggirly(f): 7:41pm On May 03, 2022
Memories that will always remain. I was really flogged back then in school, plus cutting of grass, that was the punishment.

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Christian36: 7:42pm On May 03, 2022
Am sure if such is being practice now, some of this nonsense happening now will not get out of hands. Imagine a 10 old girl doing rubbish on social media without being afraid of anybody. My parent will always threaten me by saying that they will report me to my teacher.

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by LollySeaSide: 7:42pm On May 03, 2022
These punishments were undoubtedly brutal and could be tagged inhumane but they surely shaped us into what we are today.
There are arguments in some quarters that some people still ended up irresponsible even after all the "tortures". While these arguments are true, it is on record that a far larger percentage of children during our days came out of school well cultured not because their parents did all the job, but because their teachers were given enough authority to teach and to train.
These days, children are so unlucky that their parents fight schools and teachers whenever serious attempts are made to thoroughly discipline them.
How unfortunate!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by jagorinho: 7:42pm On May 03, 2022
Dollywood:

?

2 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Tvoice: 7:42pm On May 03, 2022
Back den na we dem dey call cane Chester, but e get one winsh teacher wey dem kon latter bring come eeen , na d tip of ur finger him dey flog , na dat day I lose my respect for dat school, na so Kaine chester bust cry for public, mr okurobo ( dem Niga according to slowwirm)

2 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 03, 2022
Op during my secondary school non of my teacher does this kind shit in my front, when i was in jss3 the school keep me a time keeper i no de work....ooooo
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by IDIOTmoderators: 7:43pm On May 03, 2022
Notyourtype:
I'm a teacher.. That's how we add sense to their brain. If you don't punish them, they won't grow a single sense.
With child abuse abi?

2 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by damosade(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2022
We uprooted tree

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by czarr(m): 7:45pm On May 03, 2022
We were dehumanised.
Just because it's over now we call it training.

2 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Walins: 7:45pm On May 03, 2022
Uniquetani1:
I didn't experience any of this shocked
because you still a child den that was the best way to tech you thing to lean. As other people in government they will tell you everything

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Gentlevip: 7:45pm On May 03, 2022
Ajebo naso one guy blow this idea for some school. Now the students are the worst... from habits to academics.

Punish and flog well well abeg.

But don't abuse it or go beyond the rails

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by harmargedon: 7:46pm On May 03, 2022
DropsMic:
The black man go hit a small child repeatedly with a whip like a cow and call it discipline... Sometimes I wonder if we are normal at all
ask the English men that introduced whip to us. Spare the Rod and spoil the child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by koolguy88(m): 7:47pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
I do refuse to cut grass

It blisters my palm
Same here

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Tjarabs: 7:47pm On May 03, 2022
like and share for BRIDGET BEMA

2 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by edoairways: 7:48pm On May 03, 2022
Notyourtype:
I'm a teacher.. That's how we add sense to their brain. If you don't punish them, they won't grow a single sense.
That is not learning Mr teacher.

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Uniquetani1(f): 7:48pm On May 03, 2022
Walins:

because you still a child den that was the best way to tech you thing to lean. As other people in government they will tell you everything

Come off it
Stop talking to an elder like that
Those punishments are given at public schools
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by poshestmina(f): 7:49pm On May 03, 2022
'My Intro-tech, Biology, Social studies, Maths teachers...I can never forgive them angry angry angry angry angry.
Especially the maths teachers sad sad angry angry grin.
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Ubdavis(m): 7:49pm On May 03, 2022
If not for the fact that it was to heavy for me to mention it to my parents. I thought of quiting school as a result of unnecessary maltreatment from teachers.

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by edoairways: 7:49pm On May 03, 2022
harmargedon:
ask the English men that introduced whip to us. Spare the Rod and spoil the child.
The English man who introduced it was dealing with slaves. Stop misquoting the scriptures to justify abuse

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Tvoice: 7:50pm On May 03, 2022
Abc125:
The boy own done finish oh

Hahahahahah , flesh nor kuku remain for d poor boy body .
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 03, 2022
All these demonic possessed teachers torturing children yet the country is nothing short of an animal kingdom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by 001spice: 7:50pm On May 03, 2022
When i was still in skul u beta nt try any of this me. Unless u wat skuk to scatter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp / The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) / Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.