Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor (8198 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Nnaemeka Alfred Ugochukwu Achebe, The Obi Of Onitsha / Obi Of Onitsha And Traditional Rulers Visits 2nd Bridge . PICTURES. / 2019:atiku And Peter Obi Visit Obi Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by QueenAgbo(f): 11:23am On May 06, 2022
Nozino:

Ok. I hope you understand why he did it. Igbankes are a minority in Edo south. If they were answering Igbo names, no bini man will vote for a “Chinedu “ to lead them. We are already a marginalized minority group. We won’t give political positions to Non Binis in Edo south. Imagine a Chibuzor Onyechi as Senator of Edo south senatorial district.

No, ogbemudia intention was genuin but forgets that he will not be there forever,Benin politicians after ogbemudia left office started marginalizing Ikas in Edo state.

Well,Now Ikas in Delta are trying to put our land in better shape especially Agbor and owA.Soon we will for our brothers in Edo.

It will even help us more in Delta state politics because our population will increase.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by QueenAgbo(f): 11:29am On May 06, 2022
As for oza people,they have oza-nisi(ozanibokunla) in Edo state that is under the oza-nogogo in Delta state.
The ogizi of oza rules both villages,and under Dein of Agbor,though he has a semi-independent power from Dein of Agbor but he still remain under him...

In Oza we didn't oppressed them,Okowa even help them with an hospital because Okowa was born there.....
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nozino: 11:55am On May 06, 2022
QueenAgbo:

No, ogbemudia intention was genuin but forgets that he will not be there forever,Benin politicians after ogbemudia left office started marginalizing Ikas in Edo state.

Well,Now Ikas in Delta are trying to put our land in better shape especially Agbor and owA.Soon we will for our brothers in Edo.

It will even help us more in Delta state politics because our population will increase.

Ok. How will you guys handle their Bini names?
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by aribisala0(m): 12:04pm On May 06, 2022
Akudaisi:
u still don't understand me grin,are u actually normal,u keep throwing insults like a lunatic.
I said u lack understanding (u don't even take time to read some before u reply)
I told there's a difference between ethnicity and nationality yet u don't understand u said I should define Igbo) lmao grin u're not normal at all
Yes you believe there is a difference between ethnicity and nationality

I heard you the first time.
That is your opinion. There are different opinions

The fact that you believe you are right does not make you right
So the fact that you believe you have understanding and another person does not is YOUR OPINION. Nothing more

Everyone with internet access can come online and pretend to themselves they are an intellectual. That is one beautiful thing about the internet . Everyone can come and feel good about themselves

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Akudaisi: 12:17pm On May 06, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes [b]you believe there is a difference between ethnicity and nationality

[/b]I heard you the first time.
That is your opinion. There are different opinions

The fact that you believe you are right does not make you right
So the fact that you believe you have understanding and another person does not is YOUR OPINION. Nothing more

Everyone with internet access can come online and pretend to themselves they are an intellectual. That is one beautiful thing about the internet . Everyone can come and feel good about themselves
Are you by chance saying that u believe there's no difference between ethnicity and nationality grin.
I guess in internet one can argue about anything,I can even say that u're alive and u can argue that u're dead
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 06, 2022
everythinggirly:
History.
STUPIDITY. Agbor hate Igbos more than any other people on this earth and its because of this Igbo lack of shame.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by aribisala0(m): 12:24pm On May 06, 2022
Akudaisi:

Are you by chance saying that u believe there's no difference between ethnicity and nationality grin.
I guess in internet one can argue about anything,I can even say that u're alive and u can argue that u're dead
Those are words . Words often have several meanings in the dictionary or even context .
There are few words in the dictionary with ONLY ONE meaning.

So you can choose to believe what you want depending on your intellectual level and language development.

What I believe is my business

Why not research if the two words are synonyms of each other .That might help
I recommend Thesaurus.com

The most ignorant and foolish people often think they know more than everyone when in fact they know nothing

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 06, 2022
QueenAgbo:

No,Ika is Ika and Benin is Benin.

Are you fine?

ABI you insult me, because Igbos are know for insulting anyone who disagree with them.

Na their way. Igbos have become very annoying and impossible. This very post is so annoying that I will never vote an Igbo anything on this earth. I was going yo vote Obi but this people are toxic. My Ika cousin besides me is boiling with rage.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by spearman(m): 12:43pm On May 06, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr137:
Agbor is an Ancient Kingdom. It is originally called Ogwugwunagbor - it means "The Heart of the Fertile Earth" in Igbo. It can also mean a deep crevice or ravine. There are also shrines of Ogwugwu all over Igboland where the Igbo god of the Earth called Ali or Ani is worshipped. Other places referred to as Ogwugwu include Ogwugwunsugbe for Nsugbe at Anambra State. Some of the villages of Agbor are named after the Earth goddess eg Alishimi, Aliobume Alifekede etc
Agbor is from Local history, thousands of years old and came into being at the same time as Bini Kingdom of the Ogiso Dynasty.
The King of Agbor is a First Class Eze. He is referred to as Obi, the title of Kings in West Igbo territories. His fellow Obis include the Obi of Aboh, Obi of Ubulu - Ukwu, Obi of Issele-Ukwu, Obi of Owa to name a few.
Like all Kings of Igbo land, the Obi of Agbor holds an OFO - EZE. Ofo is a Staff of office for Kings and the eldest Male of any Igbo community. It distinguishes the Igbo people from anyother people on Earth.
The Obiship of Agbor like that of Oba of Benin is from father to first son. This leadership by primogeniture can be traced to Igboland were the OKPARA /OKPALA being the first son inherits his fathers OBI and leadership of the homestead. In parts of Ndokwa land and Ikaland the leadership by gerontocracy is evolved to mean OKPARA - UKWU where the eldest Male in the community is King. Primogeniture is when gerontocracy is limited to the Royal Lineage of the particular ruling King.
In the West - Igbo area and beyond , the family of DEI (DEIN) is related to royalty. It is true of Ogwashi - Ukwu, Onitsha, Oguta, Agbor and others.
The language of and culture of Agbor is Igbo and with garnishings of Bini as Agbor is in the fringes of Igbo land and shares boundary with Bini. . THE Agbor belong to the larger tribe called IKA of the Igbo Ethnic Group.
The Obis of Agbor come from the Royal Village of AGBOR - OBI and specifically of the lineage of (Umudei) UMU - DEIN. "Umu " in Igbo means Children therefore Umudei means the Village of the Children of DEIN. In West Igbo areas and beyond Umudei are related to royalty. This is true of Ogwashi - Ukwu, Onitsha, Oguta, Agbor etc.
The immediate past OBI of Agbor is Obi James Obika Ikechukwu, he is the father of the Present King and DEIN of Agbor Obi Benjamin Kiagborekwuzi Ikechukwu.
Victor Wilberforce

The heavy cannibal lines on below map indicate the limits of Igbo land and culture. All who fall outside the cannibal line are not Igbos. Plain to see.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Akudaisi: 12:45pm On May 06, 2022
aribisala0:
Those are words . Words often have several meanings in the dictionary or even context . So you can choose to believe what you want depending on your intellectual level and language development.

What I believe is my business

Why not research if the two words are synonyms of each other .That might help
I recommend Thesaurus.com

The most ignorant and foolish people often think they know more than everyone when in fact they know nothing

everyone knows that ethnicity and nationality are synonymous words to an extent but that doesn't change the fact that there's no difference between them,it's like u like argument.
Nawa for ur education speaking big Grammer's without understanding.
I have dual nationality, Nigerian and Gabonese
My ethnicity is Igbo nothing can change that.
Every country has it's native ethnic groups,they are ethnic Germans,french,Brits etc,(t tomorrow u can migrate to Germany and become a citizen,but hell u can never become an ethnic German never grin,u're still Benin by ethnicity) your nationality can change but ethnicity no it can't, unless u're one of those long lost slaves from slave trade era,but that's not possible and even some still know there ethnic background and hold on to it.
I hate long words I hope this one is plain enough for u to understand.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by ThEGodFaThEr137: 12:49pm On May 06, 2022
spearman:

The heavy cannibal lines on below map indicate the limits of Igbo land and culture. All who fall outside the cannibal line are not Igbos. Plain to see.

If I were you I would ask my mum to tell me who your real father his.
I heard you're a product of gang.bang from a group of 5 able bodied touts who your mother willingly did "bend down low" so as to get some bottles of beer and a hot plate of Isiewu.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 06, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr137:

I heard you're a product of gang.bang from a group of 5 able bodied touts who your mother willingly did "bend down low" so as to get some bottles of beer and a hot plate of Isiewu.

If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by aribisala0(m): 12:57pm On May 06, 2022
Akudaisi:
everyone knows that ethnicity and nationality are synonymous words to an extent but that doesn't change the fact that there's no difference between them,it's like u like argument.
Nawa for ur education speaking big Grammer's without understanding.
I have dual nationality, Nigerian and Gabonese
My ethnicity is Igbo nothing can change that.
Every country has it's native ethnic groups,they are ethnic Germans,french,Brits etc,(t tomorrow u can migrate to Germany and become a citizen,but hell u can never become an ethnic German never grin,u're still Benin by ethnicity) your nationality can change but ethnicity no it can't, unless u're one of those long lost slaves from slave trade era,but that's not possible and even some still know there ethnic background and hold on to it.
I hate long words I hope this one is plain enough for u to understand.
Who is arguing? here? Certainly not me

Guy go and play
Scroll up all the rubbish you have written and see who is arguing and who likes argument

I really do not like associating with empty heads

not to talk of arguing

Believe what you want it is not my business
I have made no effort to change your beliefs

I do not care what you believe

All I said was

Define Igbo

And you started talking rubbish
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by ThEGodFaThEr137: 12:59pm On May 06, 2022
jerseyboy:

If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
I think you should also ask your mum who your real father his too. That man at home you call father is not your father. Ask your mum, she knows the truth.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Akudaisi: 1:00pm On May 06, 2022
aribisala0:

Guy go and play
Scroll up all the rubbish you have written and see who is arguing and who likes argument

Gu not to talk of arguing
for someone cunningly saying ethnicity and nationality are the same thing I bet your head is more empty grin.
What's more rubbish than telling me to define Igbo grin.
Ok here's a real quick foolish question.
Define Benin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by aribisala0(m): 1:02pm On May 06, 2022
Akudaisi:
for someone cunningly saying ethnicity and nationality are the same thing I bet your head is more empty grin.
What's more rubbish than telling me to define Igbo grin.
Ok here's a real quick foolish question.
Define Benin grin
cunningly or otherwise I never uttered the words ethnicity or nationality .

That was your response when all I asked you was "define Igbo"

Now you have added lying to ignorance

What a shame!!

People use words anyhow and so it is necessary to clarify what they mean by asking for definitions?

Ethnicity has several meanings . Nationality has several meanings

So they could mean the same thing it depends on what is being said. At any rate before now I have never expressed any opinion on those words because I did not use them

You are a liar and an ignoramus
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by ThEGodFaThEr137: 1:04pm On May 06, 2022
aribisala0:

Guy go and play

not to talk of arguing

Believe what you want it is not my business
I have made no effort to change your beliefs

I do not care what you believe

All I said was

Define Igbo

And you started talking rubbish
You can start by defining who your real father is and not the man you call father at home. The truth Is.........only your mum can truly define him.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by chrismastre5(m): 1:04pm On May 06, 2022
QueenAgbo:
All this fake lies,na who do Igbos this thing.Keep rewriting history and trying to claim what doesn't belong to you.

What you don't know is that sentiment is growing in the mind of Ika people,they beginning to see the evil agenda of the greedy Igbos towards them.Soon you will see the reaction.

I say continue.

I will visit Agbor again soon.

I relate with people at home soon,so I know what is happening.Our people are becoming wiser and understanding the greedy nature of the Igbo man,who can go any length to claim what is not their's.
counter him with facts na, bring out your own evidence to disprove his na. Other tribes are actually laughing at you, calling you names but you think you are wise. If you don't want to be part of your people fine but still does not change your history.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by aribisala0(m): 1:08pm On May 06, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr137:

You can start by defining who your real father is and not the man you call father at home. The truth Is.........only your mum can truly define him.
In your mind saying this makes you a hardman. Guy na real ghetto you be 0. Very tough guy!!, I sure say you dey use nail brush teeth. If Putin see you he go dey shake

Bad ass Nigga.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by ThEGodFaThEr137: 1:09pm On May 06, 2022
aribisala0:
In your mind saying this makes you a hardman. Guy na real ghetto you be 0. Very tough guy!!, I sure say you dey use nail brush teeth. If Putin see you he go dey shake

Bad ass Nigga.
Guy, go and have your brain examined! You don't look normal.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Idiko1: 1:14pm On May 06, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr137:
Agbor is an Ancient Kingdom. It is originally called Ogwugwunagbor - it means "The Heart of the Fertile Earth" in Igbo. It can also mean a deep crevice or ravine. There are also shrines of Ogwugwu all over Igboland where the Igbo god of the Earth called Ali or Ani or Ala is worshipped. Other places referred to as Ogwugwu include Ogwugwunsugbe for Nsugbe at Anambra State. Some of the villages of Agbor are named after the Earth goddess eg Alishimi, Aliobume Alifekede etc
Agbor is from Local history, thousands of years old and came into being at the same time as Bini Kingdom of the Ogiso Dynasty.
The King of Agbor is a First Class Eze. He is referred to as Obi, the title of Kings in West Igbo territories. His fellow Obis include the Obi of Aboh, Obi of Ubulu - Ukwu, Obi of Issele-Ukwu, Obi of Owa to name a few.
Like all Kings of Igbo land, the Obi of Agbor holds an OFO - EZE. Ofo is a Staff of office for Kings and the eldest Male of any Igbo community. It distinguishes the Igbo people from anyother people on Earth.
The Obiship of Agbor like that of Oba of Benin is from father to first son. This leadership by primogeniture can be traced to Igboland were the OKPARA /OKPALA being the first son inherits his fathers OBI and leadership of the homestead. In parts of Ndokwa land and Ikaland the leadership by gerontocracy is evolved to mean OKPARA - UKWU where the eldest Male in the community is King. Primogeniture is when gerontocracy is limited to the Royal Lineage of the particular ruling King.
In the West - Igbo area and beyond , the family of DEI (DEIN) is related to royalty. It is true of Ogwashi - Ukwu, Onitsha, Oguta, Agbor and others.
The language of and culture of Agbor is Igbo and with garnishings of Bini as Agbor is in the fringes of Igbo land and shares boundary with Bini. . THE Agbor belong to the larger tribe called IKA of the Igbo Ethnic Group.
The Obis of Agbor come from the Royal Village of AGBOR - OBI and specifically of the lineage of (Umudei) UMU - DEIN. "Umu " in Igbo means Children therefore Umudei means the Village of the Children of DEIN. In West Igbo areas and beyond Umudei are related to royalty. This is true of Ogwashi - Ukwu, Onitsha, Oguta, Agbor etc.
The immediate past OBI of Agbor is Obi James Obika Ikechukwu, he is the father of the Present King and DEIN of Agbor Obi Benjamin Kiagborekwuzi Ikechukwu.
Victor Wilberforce

It just a reminder, Ali or Ani or Ala.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by aribisala0(m): 1:16pm On May 06, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr137:

Guy, go and have your brain examined! You don't look normal.
Hard man

You are a real tough guy
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by ken6488(m): 1:21pm On May 06, 2022
Argbor is argbo

Igbo is Igbo

Stop forcing your self on other’s
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Idiko1: 1:22pm On May 06, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr137:

Bro the dude is one reason among numerous reasons Nigeria is called basket of fools.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Aksnoopy: 1:35pm On May 06, 2022
QueenAgbo:

Lies,Igbanke is of one the many clans of Ika just like ekpon that ogbemudia mistakenly carved to Edo for his selfish reasons.
Lol! The same ogbemudia from igbanke? You are the confused one. You have no identity.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 06, 2022
chrismastre5:
counter him with facts na, bring out your own evidence to disprove his na. Other tribes are actually laughing at you, calling you names but you think you are wise. If you don't want to be part of your people fine but still does not change your history.
WTF. You are going to tell a man who he is?
You guys are really cannibals.

Ika is well outside the cannibal map. Anthropology would conclude they could never be Igbo. Not even Asaba is Igbo

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Aksnoopy: 1:45pm On May 06, 2022
QueenAgbo:

Lol,this your lies nor make sense.

All over Ikaland like Agbor and umunede,Igbos girls from Owerri dey run ashawo work.
Go to benin,there is a place called Igbahue street.Na ashawo quarters be that,Na Igbos women an d girls dey run am.

If in my street in Benin,there is this guest house in our street na still Owerri girls dey run show(ashawo)....
Most of the ashawo girls in Lagos, Benin city and in the north claiming to be Igbo girls are all agbor girls. In fact I know some who do their ashawo work in owerri and Lagos. If you ask them thy will say their name is ifeoma and they are Igbo. Lmao! Mum u people.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Aksnoopy: 1:52pm On May 06, 2022
QueenAgbo:

I never said they're Benin,we bear Benin or esan names because of our ancestry......I hope you understand.But we are Ika not Benins.

Samuel ogbemudia,is half Benin and half Ika.He is a not a full blooded Ika man.
The bolded shows that you are mentally deranged, confused and brainwashed. One minute you claim your ancestry is from Benin, the next minute you claim you have no Igbo ancestry, no this.
You are very confused.
You agbor people are very dubious and thats why Benin people don't trust you guys.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by spearman(m): 1:53pm On May 06, 2022
History/Origin of Agbor

Agbor is the biggest and the most cosmopolitan city of the lka nation. The historic origin of Agbor kingdom as we stated earlier has different angles. Some writers trace the origin of Agbor to the reign of Oba Ewedo of Benin. According to this perspective - the Oba had twin sons named Edo and Ogugunagbon. Both were subjected to a kind of lucky dip in order to pick a successor to Oba Ewedo. Ogugunagbon was unlucky to choose the wrong box and had to leave Benin with throng of his supporters to a new location leading to his founding of Agbor. However, Prince Adams Gbenoba in his book "The History and Culture of Agbor (Agbon) Kingdom" agrees with the Benin origin but adds another angle:
"Without doubt, beyond myths and legends by way of oral tradition, no accounts can be more authentic than the neutral, historical accounts of colonial travelers, explorers and administrators. Mr. J. Macrae-Simpson on page 5 of his "1935 INTELLIGENCE REPORT ON THE AGBOR CLAN IN THE AGBOR DISTRICT' recorded thus: "Talbet, on page 168 of Volume 1 of Southern Nigeria", quotes an extract from the chronicle of the Dutch historian-traveller Henrik Nyendael, which seems to be a description of the exodus from Benin of the founder of Agbor Clan: "After this barbarity, the King aIso found a third manthat stood on hisway, who, being universally beloved,was timely warned ...and accordingly took his flight, accompanied by three-fourths of the inhabitants of the town. The King caused the fugitives to be pursued.. Then the fugitives, thoroughly incensed and flushed, came directly to the City, which they plundered and pillaged, sparing no place but the King's Court; after which he returned, but incessantly continued to rob the inhabitants of Great Benin, till at last a peace was concluded ... He lives two or three days' journey from Benin, where he keeps at Agbor as great a Court and State as the King...".Talbet goes on to say that of the two families that left Benin at this time (shortly before Nyandael's visit in 1702), one settled at Agbor while the other went to Obior, another Clan in the Agbor District. Of the same Obior family came also the ancestors of Onitsha-Mili (the Onitsha Waterside of today). It is a tradition of the Obior people, and indeed of most of the Clans between them and the Niger, and also of Onitsha itself, that their tribe was founded by Chima a refugee from Benin City...The story is that Chima?, when driven from Benin, traveled eastwards towards the Niger, which he eventually crossed, and settled in Onitsha. There he begat nine children, of which eight died, leaving him with a daughter called Owuwu. Believing that the loss of his children was caused by witchcraft, he left Onitsha and returning to Agbor, long existing country, settled at Osarra (present day Ozanogogo- previously called Ozarra- in Agbor Kingdom), where one of the quarters to this day bears the name of his sole remaining child, Owuwu.

Similarly Onyekpeze F. A, a foremost writer of lka history in his book ·An outline of the Culture & Socio-Economic Interest of the Ika Nation emphasizes this trend of the Benin factor in the formation of Agbor: One factor is that the place names of Agbor and Its outlying settlements are Bini words. Another factor which buttresses Agbor claim to Bini origin is that the villages in Agbor Town viz, lghogbe, Olihe, Ogbeisere, Ohumere, Ehaikpen, Ogbesogban and Ogbeiwaise, etc. are a replica of the villages in Benin City. In addition, even the lhogbes of Agbor like the lghogbes of Benin City, claim lfe origin and their ancestors are believed to have accompanied Prince Oromiyan from lfeto Benin to establish the present monarchy.

The Agbor titleship, Uzaman, lhaime, Odlonwere and Ehaivbo, and its system of government are similar to those of Benin. Furthermore, inAgbor's oral tradition, the king of Agborwas popularly known as Ogle Agbon, meaning the ruler of the whole world. The question which arises is, when did the title of the ruler of Agbor change from Ogle to Obi of Agbor? One can therefore acceptthe Bini oral tradition thatthe rulers of lka now called Obis were Ogies as other rulers or Chiefs or Oba's representatives in Benin Division. It may be that the rulers of lka, especially the ruler of Agbor regarded Ogle as belittling and wanted a more prestigious title, especially after successfully severing political relationship with Benin following the deportation of Oba Ovoramwen in 1898.

Despite these different views Agbor continues to wax stronger with a rich cultura Iheritage.

1. Ime-Obizone comprising of:
(i) Ogbemudein
(ii) lhaikpen
(iii) lghogbe
(iv) Ohumere
(v) Ogbe-lsere
(vi) Ogbe-lsogban
(vii) Obi-Oiihe
(viii Oruru
(ix) ldumu Agbamise.
(x) Ogbe-Ase (lwase).

2. Ihuiyase zone comprising of:
(i) Ewuru
(ii) Agbor-Nta
(iii) Aliokpu
(iv) Alihami
(v) Alihagu I& II
(vi) Oki
(vii) Alifekede
(viii) Aliagwai
(ix) ldumu-Oza

3.1hu-Ozomor zone
(i) Alizomor
(ii) Omumu
(iii) Alisimie ldumu ltenei
(iv) Oza-Nogogo
(v) Owuwu
(vi) Uvbere
(vii) Alisor
(viii) Alibido
(ix) Aliebi
(x) ldumuenwan
(xi) Alileha
(xii) ldumnleha

4. Orogodo zone comprising of:
(i) GRAI & II
(ii) Orogodo Urban or Boji Boji-Agbor
(iii) Emuhu

5. Ekuku-Agbor zone comprising of:
(iv) Ekuku-Agbor
(v) Alidinma
(vi) Obi lduhon
(vii) ObiAgbor
It is pertinent to point here three of these villages- Alisor, Alilehan and Ozanogogo speak Oza language of the edo people and notthe lka language.

Government of Agbor

The monarchy rules the Agbor kingdom.The Dein is the king of Agbor kingdom. He is the supreme authority for the whole entire kingdom. Dein was the first ruler of Agbor .He reigned from 1270 to 1307 with his headquarters at Agbor-nta. However, the headquarters of the Agbor Kingdom has moved to different locations for a couple of times in order to maintain a modicum of impregnability and invincibility of the kingdom. The Dein was the commander in chief of the Agbor kingdom. Agbor warriors feared no foe. Their exploits are legendary and they maintained their territories with an iron fist. The Agbor kingdom founded outposts towns far away from the kingdom to protect itself from foreign invasions.

Dynasty till Date

1. Dein 1270 to 1307
2. Owuwu 1307 to 1333
3. Akina 1333 to 1460
4. Agho 1460 to 1518
5. Oguade 1518 to 1594
6. Ahisama 1598 to 1630
7. Oseh 1630 to 1650
8. Oje-1650 to 1658
9. Adigwe 1698 to 1740
10. Modu 1740 to 1795
11. Obanor 1795 to 1885
12. Odin 1885 to 1890
13. Gbenoba 1890 to 1911
14. Agborbu 1914 to 1929
15. Obika 1935 to 1967
16. lkenchuku 1968 to 1979
17. Kiagboekuzi 1979 till date.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Akudaisi: 1:55pm On May 06, 2022
aribisala0:
cunningly or otherwise I never uttered the words ethnicity or nationality .

That was your response when all I asked you was "define Igbo"

Now you have added lying to ignorance

What a shame!!

People use words anyhow and so it is necessary to clarify what they mean by asking for definitions?

Ethnicity has several meanings . Nationality has several meanings

So they could mean the same thing it depends on what is being said. At any rate before now I have never expressed any opinion on those words because I did not use them

You are a liar and an ignoramus
synonyms and definitions are different thing,let me help you small I know there's alot of confusion in the country Sha and identity concept can be confusing.
Ethnicity: put simply, is someone's regional cultural heritage. This includes a person's native language, his ancestry and their religion, and their cultural practices. In this case, ethnicity is tied much more closely to geographical region,common ancestry,and culture.e.t.c
Examples of ethnic groups are Igbo,Fang,Yoruba,Benin etc.

Nationality: simply is The legal sense of belonging to a specific political nation state through Citizenship (birthright or naturalized).
I don't have have anything in common with you to be a Nigerian like you, aside having the right ID cards and some documentations.
Examples, Nigeria,South Africa,USA,UK,India etc.

Call me a liar ahahaha grin
Lol if ethnicity and nationality pass the above definitions then you're on the wrong side my friend...
It's only in South East Asia that are save from these confusion because the westerns never disorganized them through their devilish colonization,they aren't much multiethnic nations,every Nation elsewhere is multiethnic especially in Africa and that's what is confusion your likes
Na Britain I blame if not wetin for concern me and u.
If anyone is ignorant it's definitely you that says nationality and ethnicity are the same thing because it has several meaning grin.
You lack understanding

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Aksnoopy: 1:57pm On May 06, 2022
Akudaisi:
Ika is a subgroup like every other subgroups in Igbo land.
Subgroups like
Nsukka
Abakaliki
Isu
Orlu.
If you decide to travel and educate yourself you'd find that Igbo is amazing they are lots to learn about Igbo not just about the language.
What you call ethnicity is just a subgroup,Ika is no different from Nsukka,when you come to Nsukka you will be amazed that they have their own different dialects and if you don't understand how language works you would say that they have their own language grin.
See take a language lesson or tour around Igbo land.
I have seen a community yet so together speaks a total different dialect,it happens in Igbo land and they are so many examples.
I don't have the time to educate you but u can educate yourself and cure yourself of ignorance.
Its also the same in yorubaland. There are different dialects in ekiti, ikere dialect is different from iyin ekiti dialect.
Owo dialect differs from ijebu dialect.
The problem is that agbor people don't travel.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by aribisala0(m): 2:03pm On May 06, 2022
Akudaisi:
synonyms and definitions are different thing,let me help you small I know there's alot of confusion in the country Sha and identity concept can be confusing.
Ethnicity: put simply, is someone's regional cultural heritage. This includes a person's native language, his ancestry and their religion, and their cultural practices. In this case, ethnicity is tied much more closely to geographical region,common ancestry,and culture.e.t.c
Examples of ethnic groups are Igbo,Fang,Yoruba,Benin etc.

Nationality: simply is The legal sense of belonging to a specific political nation state through Citizenship (birthright or naturalized).
I don't have have anything in common with you to be a Nigerian like you, aside having the right ID cards and some documentations.
Examples, Nigeria,South Africa,USA,UK,India etc.

Call me a liar ahahaha grin
Lol if ethnicity and nationality pass the above definitions then you're on the wrong side my friend...
It's only in South East Asia that are save from these confusion because the westerns never disorganized them through their devilish colonization,they aren't much multiethnic nations,every Nation elsewhere is multiethnic especially in Africa and that's what is confusion your likes
Na Britain I blame if not wetin for concern me and u.
If anyone is ignorant it's definitely you that says nationality and ethnicity are the same thing because it has several meaning grin.
You lack understanding
You are dry, uninteresting, empty, ignorant and obnoxious

In short a waste of space and time

Like I said the world is full of fools with opinions
You are entitled to your opinions

DId anyone ask you for a lecture on ethnicity or Nationality?

Yet you say someone likes arguing.
I am sure you will argue with an empty room

Go away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG / FG To Execute $3.8 Billion Gas Supply Agreement In May / ‘looting’: Obasanjo Drags Daniel To Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.