Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (4042 Views)

Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? / Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Maynman: 2:35pm On May 13, 2022
Obafavour:

And iesous is derived or translated from yeshua.
Iesus is not derived from iesous it is a TRANSLITERATION. It’s only joshua that’s derived from iesous and it’s not a transliteration.
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 2:36pm On May 13, 2022
[s]
Maynman:

Only joshua TRANSLATE to Yeshua.
[/s] Nonsense
Re: . by Maynman: 2:36pm On May 13, 2022
Obafavour:
[s][/s]
Nonsense

To you sheep.
Jesus is a Latin name Lesus.

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2022
Maynman:

Iesus is not derived from iesous it is a TRANSLITERATION. It’s only joshua that’s derived from iesous and it’s not a transliteration.
Transiliteration does nt mean antonymous in meaning.
Many of the english you speak are not derived but transiliterated but if you look at it you're refering to the same thing.
Transiliteration help you in pronuncing something your language probably by changing alphabet. E.g
Chair (english) = aga (yoruba) that's translation but see this
Table (english) = tabili (yoruba)
Mango (english) = mangoro(yoruba)
These are nt translation they are transiliteration, they help you pronounce a word in your language, but that doesn't mean you aren't saying the same thing.
So also applicable to
Ieosus (greek) = iesus (latin)
They still refer to the same name. Only the spelling differs.
Re: . by Maynman: 2:51pm On May 13, 2022
Obafavour:

Transiliteration does nt mean antonymous in meaning.
Many of the english you speak are not derived but transiliterated but if you look at it you're refering to the same thing.
Transiliteration help you in pronuncing something your language probably by changing alphabet. E.g
Chair (english) = aga (yoruba) that's translation but see this
Table (english) = tabili (yoruba)
Mango (english) = mangoro(yoruba)
These are nt translation they are transiliteration, they help you pronounce a word in your language, but that doesn't mean you aren't saying the same thing.
So also applicable to
Ieosus (greek) = iesus (latin)
They still refer to the same name. Only the spelling differs.

Why are you lying to promote your deity?

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 3:21pm On May 13, 2022
Maynman:

Why are you lying to promote your deity?
Look at my comment with what you post.
Transiliteration help you pronounce something.
Iesus was transiliterated from ieosus just to help the latin to pronounce well and for better understanding.
Ieosus and iesus still refering to that "yeshua" only transiliteration. Then jesus was either derived or transiliterated from iesus simple!
Still saying the same thing, Try and understand me.
I too know don kill you.
Re: . by Maynman: 3:23pm On May 13, 2022
Obafavour:

Iesus was transiliterated from ieosus just to help the latin to pronounce well and for better understanding.
Ieosus and iesus still refering to that "yeshua" only transiliteration. Then jesus was either derived or transiliterated from iesus simple!
I too know don kill you.

You are lying, You that don’t know what transliteration is if not for our arguments. Send a link.
With transliteration, the meaning is lost.

Why are you lying to promote your deity.

Re: . by Maynman: 3:29pm On May 13, 2022
Obafavour:

I too know don kill you.

And besides New Testament was written in Greek, the correct pronunciation should have been lesous. The ROMAN CATHOLIC transliterated it to Latin lesus and still had the guts to remove “l”and put “j” because of the trinity agenda.
Was New Testament written for the LATIN? It was written in Greek not Latin.

So desperate to promote your deity, you can now see the huge influence of Catholic in your Christianity cheesy
Re: . by Maynman: 3:33pm On May 13, 2022
Obafavour:

I too know don kill you.

It’s only joshua that’s the correct TRANSLATION/ correspond of yeshau from Greek “lesous”.
Jesus is a Latin name that’s TRANSLITERATED.

Re: . by Dtruthspeaker: 6:56am On May 14, 2022
Maynman:

Even if he breaks his own law?

He Never Broke The Law
Re: . by Maynman: 7:16am On May 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

He Never Broke The Law

Ok.

Re: . by savesoulmejjj: 3:15pm On May 14, 2022
Obafavor and Maynman na Waooo just a question ...is Commiting a Suicide a SIN U guys have turned this thread to Serious Argument ..Na Waooo grin just a Question ni ooo.

Una no even answer the question Self..

God ,god ...Believing in Him .. Worshipping Him is a Personal Choice ...So much Events enough to believe not to believe ..

Seen Some Chinese that Worship Images , Technologically and Progressively they are Amazing ...Seen Some Nigerians that Goes to Mountain ,Fast ,Pray ,Poverty ,Sorrows dealts with them still ,U still hear Preachers say words to Justify such Experience ...

Mysteries ,Mysteries and Mysteries. ...
Re: . by Maynman: 3:24pm On May 14, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
Obafavor and Maynman na Waooo just a question ...is Commiting a Suicide a SIN U guys have turned this thread to Serious Argument ..Na Waooo grin just a Question ni ooo.

Una no even answer the question Self..

God ,god ...Believing in Him .. Worshipping Him is a Personal Choice ...So much Events enough to believe not to believe ..

Seen Some Chinese that Worship Images , Technologically and Progressively they are Amazing ...Seen Some Nigerians that Goes to Mountain ,Fast ,Pray ,Poverty ,Sorrows dealts with them still ,U still hear Preachers say words to Justify such Experience ...

Mysteries ,Mysteries and Mysteries. ...

Bro, what’s a SIN?
Re: . by savesoulmejjj: 3:26pm On May 14, 2022
Maynman:

Bro, what’s a SIN?
. Bro. U are asking me ...I don't know oooo
Re: . by Maynman: 3:30pm On May 14, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
. Bro. U are asking me ...I don't know oooo

Why then did you say something you don’t know?
Re: . by savesoulmejjj: 6:37pm On May 14, 2022
Maynman:

Why then did you say something you don’t know?
I hear U ,I wouldn't want to Engage U in a long Argument oooo .I can sense One ...Abeg to others ...Is Suicide a SIN ?
Re: . by Maynman: 6:44pm On May 14, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
I hear U ,I wouldn't want to Engage U in a long Argument oooo .I can sense One ...Abeg to others ...Is Suicide a SIN ?

You should know what sin is first.
What is considered a sin to Yahweh is different from what is to Allah, and that’s just 2 out of hundreds of religion we have.
Just say you want a Christian/bias approach to the topic.
Re: . by CrazyMan(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
I'm not a Bible Scholar.

What is the Meaning of a life that is full of Suffering ,Trouble and Confusion .

The dead doesn't feel any of these .I lost my first Wife after a Terrible sickness befell her ,She had a Son for me. My mother have been down with Illness ,The sight of her Groaning Pains , Saying Son , I'm in Pains ,I'm Dying makes me feel so Bad .

I'm not Lazy ,I have always worked so hard before Things became worse.

Recently I decided to sell off two acres out of the 3 acres I bought when things were okay to take care of My mother's Illness and use remaining Money to Start some little things over again ..I have not gotten an Offer .

My Children are Home due to School Fees ,The Landlord is Threatening me to throw me and my family out .

Feeding has become so Terrible .

If life Becomes so Un-bearable ,The dead doesn't feel any more Pains ..When there is Option of Suicide to End it all.

Why would such be Regarded as a SIN when it is Sure that we shall all die one day ?

N:B : Fasting and Praying ...I have done very well to the extent I was recently diagnosed of having Peptic Ulcer ..
Suicide wasn't directly pronounced as a sin anyway in the Bible.

Suicide is just like tendering down your resignation letter to life.

There are many cases of suicide in the Bible and none of those cases was condemned by God or Jesus in the new testament.

But if I'm to air my opinion I'd say suicide isn't right, cos it brings nothing but pain to your loved ones.

Imagine a married man with kids commits suicide, who does he expect to look after his wife and kids? How would his friends and parents feel...such action brings nothing but pain to those he left behind.

A better approach would be to see a counselor, don't shut people off...talk to someone, share your problems with people who care, and things would get better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chruch Hymn Titles By Occupation / 10 Tips To Church Growth / Is It Wrong To Brush In The Morning When Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.